NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    Let's GO SHARKS!! That was an awesome Canadian national anthem letting the crowd sing part of it.

You're right the Canadian anthem was great.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Heisenberg wrote:
    What happened to all of our Canucks fans? I mean I know they aren't used to being in the Stanley Cup Conference Finals but did they forget game 1 is tonight? I would have thought for sure they'd be on here with a few "LETS GO CANUCKS!

since no one is around, i'll fill in...

GO CANUCKS!!

:D
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    norm wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    What happened to all of our Canucks fans? I mean I know they aren't used to being in the Stanley Cup Conference Finals but did they forget game 1 is tonight? I would have thought for sure they'd be on here with a few "LETS GO CANUCKS!

since no one is around, i'll fill in...

GO CANUCKS!!

:D

Agreed, I would love to see Kesler drop the gloves with Thornton. God I hate that guy!
    Welcome back Luango. We've missed you.
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Welcome back Luango. We've missed you.

Nice Roy like puck handling move. :lol:
    I would be amazed to see definitive proof that Jeremy Roenick ever passed an English class...ever.
    Niemi knows there are 3 periods in a hockey game right? It seems like for 2 periods he stops nearly everything no matter the degree of difficulty. Then the 3rd rolls around and he is swiss cheese.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Let's GO SHARKS!! That was an awesome Canadian national anthem letting the crowd sing part of it.
    Did he do it differently tonight? Cause he's been doing that for years...
    :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I would be amazed to see definitive proof that Jeremy Roenick ever passed an English class...ever.

He worse than Mike Milbury. We got Don Cherry...either you love em or hate em.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Heisenberg wrote:

I was here, just didn't want to jinx things and say anything. 'Cos it seems that every time I have during these playoffs, we've lost :? :( Anywhoo, YAY 'NUCKS! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

don cherry is a walking joke. he and pierre mcguire just need to disappear from the face of the earth. it's the same banter every time with those two dolts.
    cherry: "i hate europeans"
    mcguire: "i love crosby"

give me bob mckenzie and ray ferraro. those two actually know what they're talking about.
  • FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    haffajappa wrote:

I'm a virgin with anything Canadian. So go fuck yourself, eh?!
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    haffajappa wrote:

Dude, what's with the hostility? Chill out :|
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

don cherry is a walking joke. he and pierre mcguire just need to disappear from the face of the earth. it's the same banter every time with those two dolts.
    cherry: "i hate europeans"
    mcguire: "i love crosby"

give me bob mckenzie and ray ferraro. those two actually know what they're talking about.

Don Cherry like I said is either either you love him or you hate him...I like Don Cherry...he's entertaining...I don't remember the last time he really ranted about european hockey players...I do remember him showing quite a few clips on coach's corner with highlights of Pavel and showed the hit Franzen took in the Yotes series with Franzen coming back back to the bench.

He does stick up for NA hockey players though...nothing wrong with that though...the final four this year...the teams are lead by NA hockey players, even in Vancouver, if it were't for Kesler the Canucks would be gone.

Cherry is the only only advocating for no touch icing on a regular basis, tells kids not to hit from behind, advocates for more respect of your opponent.

Like I said love him or hate him.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    haffajappa wrote:

Dude, what's with the hostility? Chill out :|
    lol it was a serious question... i missed the first 5 minutes of the game :lol:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Don Cherry like I said is either either you love him or you hate him...I like Don Cherry...he's entertaining...I don't remember the last time he really ranted about european hockey players...I do remember him showing quite a few clips on coach's corner with highlights of Pavel and showed the hit Franzen took in the Yotes series with Franzen coming back back to the bench.

He does stick up for NA hockey players though...nothing wrong with that though...the final four this year...the teams are lead by NA hockey players, even in Vancouver, if it were't for Kesler the Canucks would be gone.

Cherry is the only only advocating for no touch icing on a regular basis, tells kids not to hit from behind, advocates for more respect of your opponent.

Like I said love him or hate him.

he didn't flat out say it, but when he praised joe thornton the other night for having such a modest reaction to his goal, he was pretty much calling out players like ovechkin for their celebrations.
    you're right, he does advocate for a safer game. i do appreciate his constant respect for the soldiers fighting in afghanistan (for those of you who read this and aren't aware, anytime a canadian soldier is killed, he shows their picture and says their name and where they're from). it's small, but it's something i've always appreciated and respected on his show.
    but then he'll ruin it by going back to his petty rants about visors. i did respect don cherry 10 years ago... even up until the lockout. but post lockout, he's literally been losing his mind.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    can boston respond tonight???????? not so sure
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    THE FIGHTING YZERMANS!!!!!
    13 seconds in :?

tampa is winning the cup
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    13 seconds in :?

tampa is winning the cup

If they keep playing like this they are.
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Well, Seguin has been super clutch so far.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Well, Seguin has been super clutch so far.

The boost this team needed! Holy shit that was one of the more dominating periods by a single player I've seen a looooong time.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    That's the best the B's have looked all post-season
    great game..still 5 min left..this is destined for overtime
  • great game..still 5 min left..this is destined for overtime

Do you really think Tampa is going to win it all or is your hatred for Boston so deep that I suspect
    if the bruins were playing the Afghanistan midget ice hockey team, that you would be rooting
    for them as well.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    thomas has not looked good all playoffs ... he's just out of position all the time and scrambling ...
  • polaris_x wrote:
    thomas has not looked good all playoffs ... he's just out of position all the time and scrambling ...

Isn't that the way he always plays?
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    polaris_x wrote:

Isn't that the way he always plays?

true ... i'm not a fan i suppose ... and the fact i picked him in a hockey pool is probably the source of my frustration ... hahaha ...

Do you really think Tampa is going to win it all or is your hatred for Boston so deep that I suspect
    if the bruins were playing the Afghanistan midget ice hockey team, that you would be rooting
    for them as well.

i have no hate for the bruins...tampa had won 9 in a row going into last night and they scored 13 seconds in when i posted that

still like them to go all the way but boston is back in it
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165

for them as well.

Hey! Don't knock the Afghanistan Midgets Ice Hockey Team! :x
    They rule! :twisted:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014