haffajappa wrote:
    Sorry Wings fans :(

San Jose . . . we'll be seeing you soon :twisted:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8GaDuCvYbE
    8-)

:o :shock: :mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Jimmy Howard is a GREAT goaltender... and I will have words with anyone who says otherwise
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I'm glad we don't have to face Howard, not that it matters in the playoffs but we couldn't get a shootout goal against him in our last game with the Wings.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Jimmy Howard is a GREAT goaltender... and I will have words with anyone who says otherwise

1 great playoff round does not make you a great goalie!!!!
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:

Which round did you not watch?.. he was stellar against both Phoenix and SJ
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

great is debatable....what isn't, is tommorrows tee time. say 10am. i like to get my round in before the houligans show up with their air horns
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

great is debatable....what isn't, is tommorrows tee time. say 10am. i like to get my round in before the houligans show up with their air horns
    Ya, gonna take a week or two to get back into golf shape though, like your team surely is by now.. :lol:
    To me this series was fairly even...some games SJ dominated, some games Detroit dominated...as for game 7...SJ was good in the first...Detroit in the second...in the 3rd it was a draw. Thats the way it goes, only 1 point separated these 2 in the regular season...I though SJ made it to easy on Detroit at times because they just quit skating.

Probably doesn't matter who won...I think these teams beat each other up...might give the Canucks a leg up.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• The only chance Detroit has of winning the cup is if Terry Sawchuck comes out of retirement.

I sure hope you're not talking about Howard the Duck because he's a sieve, healthy or not.

I reiterate.
    I guess Terry was unavailable.
    lukin2006 wrote:

Which round did you not watch?.. he was stellar against both Phoenix and SJ

uhhhh...Phoenix please...seriously Phoenix found out 3 hours before game 1 that they might be moving to the peg...sorry nice try...they were not in the series.

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    lukin2006 wrote:
    To me this series was fairly even...some games SJ dominated, some games Detroit dominated...as for game 7...SJ was good in the first...Detroit in the second...in the 3rd it was a draw. Thats the way it goes, only 1 point separated these 2 in the regular season...I though SJ made it to easy on Detroit at times because they just quit skating.

Probably doesn't matter who won...I think these teams beat each other up...might give the Canucks a leg up.

Power play killed Detroit. It was awful.
    Sooo Lukin2006, who pray tell is your hockey team of choice??
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    howard's GAA is middle of the pack this playoff season. ;) go look it up.

i still blame the avatar change....

bloody guy went 0-4 while the other one went 3-0. clearly teh difference in teh series. just think about what might have been had you not given in to the urge to change it back this am.

you can thank me later. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    And beside's not even 2 series make you great...not even 1 playoff year makes you great...playing like that for the next 10-13 years like Roy, Brodeur, Hasik, etc., makes you great.

81 wrote:
    howard's GAA is middle of the pack this playoff season. ;) go look it up.

i still blame the avatar change....

bloody guy went 0-4 while the other one went 3-0. clearly teh difference in teh series. just think about what might have been had you not given in to the urge to change it back this am.

you can thank me later. :P
    OUCH.. I know, but I wasn't even thinking of it...
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    And beside's not even 2 series make you great...not even 1 playoff year makes you great...playing like that for the next 10-13 years like Roy, Brodeur, Hasik, etc., makes you great.

You may want to remove Hasek from that list. He was a shade better than Howard.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Do you think hockey fans are more superstitious than fans of other sports? :ugeek:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop

I just root for the Canadian teams in the playoffs...could care less about the regular season...so I'll be rooting for Vancouver to get to the finals and win it all...

lukin2006 wrote:

I can remove Hasek...will not remove the other 2...however I think Hasek was great...

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    what a 3rd period...wish the series wasn't over

and then their was 4

tampa over boston

nucks over sharks
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I can remove Hasek...will not remove the other 2...however I think Hasek was great...

I didn't say to remove the other two, they belong there but you can add Ken Dryden.
    lukin2006 wrote:

I just root for the Canadian teams in the playoffs...could care less about the regular season...so I'll be rooting for Vancouver to get to the finals and win it all...
    ya, I am not much of a Nuck fan.. but I have seen their back-up a couple times this playoff... Just saying, Jimmy is young and has done nothing but maybe put Detroit's goaltending whoas to rest for a few years to come..
  • lukin2006 wrote:

ya, I am not much of a Nuck fan.. but I have seen their back-up a couple times this playoff... Just saying, Jimmy is young and has done nothing but maybe put Detroit's goaltending whoas to rest for a few years to come..

Just felt I should point out that 12 of the players in Detroit's lineup tonight are over the age of 30.
    I don't think they will be around long enough to help Howard become a front line goalie.

He's just not that good.
    Heisenberg wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Power play killed Detroit. It was awful.

I agree about the PP...game 1 is the 1 that really got away from them...1-0 5-6 minutes left Bert takes a totally stupid charging penalty in the neutral zone, SJ ties it up...game goes to OT..Detroit get OT PP...does not score...then SJ scores...Detroit wins that game they probably win the series.

I think Detroit showed a ton of heart...as for SJ I don't think they were overly impressive after the 3-0 lead.

lukin2006 wrote:

I didn't say to remove the other two, they belong there but you can add Ken Dryden.

agree on Dryden, Parent, Billy Smith etc.

lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

If you look at wins and rings, shouldn't Osgood be on the list??
    lukin2006 wrote:

If you look at wins and rings, shouldn't Osgood be on the list??

He's not on my list...I know Detroit fans have them on their list...I think he was good but if he was great like Roy, Brodeur or those others he never would have been a back up or even been considered as a back up and if he was great ... over that same 20 year period of making the playoffs you could be looking at 8-9 cups instead of the 4.

I always wondered why Detroit never made a strong play for Roy when Montreal traded him...with him between the pipes you guys would have hoisted the cup a lot more than you have.

I get it.. but if that were the case, we never would have seen both Mike Vernon and Chris Osgood beat his stupid fucking ass.. I will always hate both him and Colorado.. Fuckin great years to be a Red Wings fan though..
  • lukin2006 wrote:

I always wondered why Detroit never made a strong play for Roy when Montreal traded him...with him between the pipes you guys would have hoisted the cup a lot more than you have.

Probably because Detroit pumped 9 goals behind him the day before he was traded.

He despised the Wings and would have never played for them.
    lukin2006 wrote:

Probably because Detroit pumped 9 goals behind him the day before he was traded.

He despised the Wings and would have never played for them.

He also liked winning...but he did alright in Denver...besides where would you rather live Denver or Detroit...I think Denver is the obvious choice.