NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Heisenberg wrote:
    No hockey tonight sucks. Maybe the NHL should have scheduled a Flyers/Rangers exhibition game so they could feel like they are still involved :D
    :lol::lol::lol: or show their teams golfing on Versus
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    I wonder what Roenick's dumb ass is doing on his night off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq4zpFevcUw
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    You got beef with Jimmy Howard?? He is playing very well, and will only get better..
    No real beef with Jimmy Howard (other than he plays for the most boring team in the NHL). He's like Osgood Jr. He's not great. He's not terrible. He's good enough for the system in front of him.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Heisenberg wrote:
    No hockey tonight sucks. Maybe the NHL should have scheduled a Flyers/Rangers exhibition game so they could feel like they are still involved :D
    I'm suprised you havent changed your avatar back yet.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    81 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Not until they win the series
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Songburst wrote:
    You got beef with Jimmy Howard?? He is playing very well, and will only get better..
    No real beef with Jimmy Howard (other than he plays for the most boring team in the NHL). He's like Osgood Jr. He's not great. He's not terrible. He's good enough for the system in front of him.

You're right...winning is sooooooo boring :D
    81 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    The avatar change wasn't me jumping off any boat.. just a change..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Songburst wrote:

You're right...winning is sooooooo boring :D
    Hehe -- don't get me going on winning vs entertaining ...
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Songburst wrote:

oh christ, here we go. How can Detroit be the most boring team in the NHL? Oh right, they played mainly "European" style of hockey with no goons. You do realize that pretty much the whole NHL plays this way now, especially with the emphasis on speed post-lock out. There ain't no NHL anymore for Basil McRae. But yeah, no gonnery nightly, though I have seen Dats, Abdelkader, Stewart, Erickson and Bertuzzi all fight this year and there is lots of grit on the team. Doesn't Kronwall throw you back to more tough hockey becoming the modern day Stevens? That must give you a good feeling.

Anyways, Howard has definitly exceeded my expectations for the season. Was down on him around Feb and March but he has played great at points this play-off round. I don't think he's going to be a stud but he's certainly manageable and stable at the price for the position, especially with lots of money tied up in Dats, Zet and Franzen for the next 6-8 years
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    Songburst wrote:

oh christ, here we go. How can Detroit be the most boring team in the NHL? Oh right, they played mainly "European" style of hockey with no goons. You do realize that pretty much the whole NHL plays this way now, especially with the emphasis on speed post-lock out. There ain't no NHL anymore for Basil McRae. But yeah, no gonnery nightly, though I have seen Dats, Abdelkader, Stewart, Erickson and Bertuzzi all fight this year and there is lots of grit on the team. Doesn't Kronwall throw you back to more tough hockey becoming the modern day Stevens? That must give you a good feeling.

Anyways, Howard has definitly exceeded my expectations for the season. Was down on him around Feb and March but he has played great at points this play-off round. I don't think he's going to be a stud but he's certainly manageable and stable at the price for the position, especially with lots of money tied up in Dats, Zet and Franzen for the next 6-8 years
    I said don't get me started. They are boring to watch and it's not because they don't fight. Kronwall is a joke. If he hits somebody without jumping at them, let me know. And god forbid that he respond when somebody takes him to task for a dirty hit. He'll run and hide behind ... oh how about Abdelkader. Datsyuk has been pretty fun to watch in these playoffs though.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    tonight the sharks collaspe again ..i feel it in me bones

overtime.....ablicador scores////// however u spell his name
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • tonight the sharks collaspe again ..i feel it in me bones

It's Abdelkader which roughly translated means

"Take a boneheaded penalty in the last 3 minutes of a game and proceed to shit
    my pants sitting in the penalty box, hoping my teammates can bail me out"

So far, he's gotten lucky.

And it says a lot about what kind of a coach Babcock is when he still puts the guy on the ice
    in the last minute of a game after taking these selfish penalties.

Major shake-up in Shark town if they lose tonight.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153

I like the OT prediction ......how about a grueling physically punishing triple or quad OT!!! 8-)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Hawkshore wrote:

I like the OT prediction ......how about a grueling physically punishing triple or quad OT!!! 8-)
    *like* :thumbup:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    For one night only, I'm going with a new avatar
    >

Go get 'em Jimmy!!!!!!
    :clap::clap: :thumbup:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    >

Go get 'em Jimmy!!!!!!
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Heisenberg wrote:
    >

Go get 'em Jimmy!!!!!!

SPACE.jpg?t=1305237700
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
    81 wrote:

and it's back...... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

and it's back...... :lol:
    You got me thinking.. Plus another cool cat changed theirs to Jimbo Howard.. And never to be out-done..

History will be made yet again tonight.. LETS GO RED WINGS
    Melrose says Wings. I feel supremely confident with the mullet on our side.
    wings...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    Go Sharkies!! For fuck sake!
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    wings...

mild or hot ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    wings...

mild or hot ?

im a girl with sauce...mild

although i really dont like wings...not enough meat

when i see people slide the whole thing in their mouth :mrgreen:
    and suck everything off :mrgreen: i cringe
    wings...

mild or hot ?

Are we still talking about wings? :lol:
    Beer in hand, Wings sweater on...LET'S DROP THE F#@KING PUCK!!!!!!!!!
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    wings...

mild or hot ?

You mean, eat them the way they're meant to be eaten?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
    Big Drop wrote:

mild or hot ?

You mean, eat them the way they're meant to be eaten?

so gross..all fat and shit
    Nelly is such the girl. No wings. No beer. No pj20. Poor kid
    :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg