NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    haffajappa wrote:
    i can't believe there is a sweep already in round 2 and two more possible sweeps on the way?
    not that they can't come back... if last round was any indication... ask any Canucks fan!

speaking of...

GO VANCOUVER GO!!! :D

i hope salo plays ... it's all about the pools!! ... also i hope they score more than 2 goals tonite ...
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    polaris_x wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    i can't believe there is a sweep already in round 2 and two more possible sweeps on the way?
    not that they can't come back... if last round was any indication... ask any Canucks fan!

speaking of...

GO VANCOUVER GO!!! :D

i hope salo plays ... it's all about the pools!! ... also i hope they score more than 2 goals tonite ...

Me too! :roll: Frakken Rinne :|
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    It's like Versus is re-broadcasting the Wings / Sharks series from last year! Detroit has had chances but the Sharks have answered them. They are out-Detroiting Detroit.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    where did all the Wings fans go. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    81 wrote:

I'm sorry...what are these "NHL Playoffs" you speak of? I am not familiar with them. Do they have something to do with the announcement?
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    81 wrote:

They just went to the jersey store to trade in their wheel for a lightning bolt. They'll be back in a little bit.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
    Have the Preds even won a faceoff yet?

what happened to the avatar. changed so soon. :lol:

look on the bright side, it's not 1994
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

I can't speak for the rest of them but I personally am sitting in a pool of my own filth shaking my head at how we could be beaten two years in a row by this jackass...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IpaAYMWpjs&feature=related
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:

I can't speak for the rest of them but I personally am sitting in a pool of my own filth shaking my head at how we could be beaten two years in a row by this jackass...

Nabokov don't play for the Sharks anymore :lol::lol::lol:.

If the Nabokov was paying attention like he should when you got a for-checker in your zone...of course thats why he's out of the league now...wait didn't the wings try to sign him...he must be over the age of 35 ;).
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:

If the Nabokov was paying attention like he should when you got a for-checker in your zone...of course thats why he's out of the league now...wait didn't the wings try to sign him...he must be over the age of 35 ;).

I wasn't referring to Nabakov. I've hated Boyle since he was in TB (long story) and couldn't find the clip I was looking for so I had to settle for the own goal.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:

wings signed him, but he had to clear waivers, at which point the islanders put in a claim. he refused to play on the island (can't really blame the guy). he's basically done now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Heisenberg wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

I wasn't referring to Nabakov. I've hated Boyle since he was in TB (long story) and couldn't find the clip I was looking for so I had to settle for the own goal.

I know who you were referring too...the puck went off o'reilly's stick and if Nabokov was doing his job it wouldn't have went in...for an undrafted player Boyle has turned out fine...the wings problems started in game 1...if Bertuzzi doesn't take that dumb neutral zone boarding penalty they likely win game 1...as a matter of fact they take a lot of dumb penalties...but the bottom line is they had PP opportunities in both overtimes and failed to capitalize...I think thats a recipe for disaster...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

81 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

wings signed him, but he had to clear waivers, at which point the islanders put in a claim. he refused to play on the island (can't really blame the guy). he's basically done now.

I know I was being sarcastic...it seems like they only sign over the hill players.

lukin2006 wrote:
    the wings problems started in game 1...if Bertuzzi doesn't take that dumb neutral zone boarding penalty they likely win game 1...as a matter of fact they take a lot of dumb penalties...but the bottom line is they had PP opportunities in both overtimes and failed to capitalize...I think thats a recipe for disaster...

agree...agree...agree...agree...agree
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Big Drop wrote:
    81 wrote:

They just went to the jersey store to trade in their wheel for a lightning bolt. They'll be back in a little bit.
    Go Stevie Y!!
    gonna say 5-2 vancouver tonite ... rinne gonna get chased ... ;)
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    polaris_x wrote:
    gonna say 5-2 vancouver tonite ... rinne gonna get chased ... ;)
    i hope you're right!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wooo lets go boys!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,396
    Shit...

:lol:

Red Wings still gonna kill the Flyers in the Final? :roll:

Do we play at Detroit next year? 2nd win in 23 years???
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    My hockey mad friend here in Melbourne says Canucks fans are cocky and he hates them.
    True / False?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    My hockey mad friend here in Melbourne says Canucks fans are cocky and he hates them.
    True / False?

i'm going to go with false. vancouver has never won anything ever. sort of tough to be cocky under that flag
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Shit...

i'm curious about when the avatar changed. was it after loss 1, 2 or 3
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    haffajappa wrote:
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wooo lets go boys!

Woo Hoo!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Probably the best goal of the playoffs so far by Kesler. Wow!
    81 wrote:
    True / False?

i'm going to go with false. vancouver has never won anything ever. sort of tough to be cocky under that flag
    he must be from Toronto!
    Cause that's how the rest of Canada describes leafs fans! :D
    Shit...

I find it funny that a Flyers fan is so happy considering they have been getting their asses beat just as bad as Detroit. Then again, making it to the 2nd round is about as good as it typically gets in Philly so maybe you are right to rejoice. ;) Just kidding Johnny.
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I find it funny that a Flyers fan is so happy considering they have been getting their asses beat just as bad as Detroit. Then again, making it to the 2nd round is about as good as it typically gets in Philly so maybe you are right to rejoice. ;) Just kidding Johnny.

the SJ/Det series has been way closer than the Bos/Phi series ... look for it to end tonite ...
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    Probably the best goal of the playoffs so far by Kesler. Wow!

no way. bobby ryan's goal will not be topped

kesler has been beasting the preds though
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Shit...

I hope the flyers/bruins game is on VS again tonight :o
    The Fixer wrote:

I hope the flyers/bruins game is on VS again tonight :o

It's not :D