Options

EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2011 US TOUR

Comments

• Options
    I was looking for the Hartford tickets. Go into the page at 12:00pm, tickets were there, click on buy, and... Nothing... Refreshed, checked the cart, cried, went into tantrum mode, and nothing...

That button instead of BUY should say BYE...!
    You are!
  • Options
    mrasicmrasic Posts: 6
    Quick question: I just got two tix to Long Beach show...never got tix through the fan club...they don't tell you where you sit until you pick up your tix at Will Call...do the tix via the fan club tend to be good or should I also try to get seats via Ticketmaster?
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 739
    mrasic wrote:
    Quick question: I just got two tix to Long Beach show...never got tix through the fan club...they don't tell you where you sit until you pick up your tix at Will Call...do the tix via the fan club tend to be good or should I also try to get seats via Ticketmaster?

Just be happy you got tickets. You just won the lotto
  • Options
    mrasicmrasic Posts: 6
    Ok thanks.
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    mrasic wrote:

+1 :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Sorry. A little snappy today.

Yes 10c tixs generally are the best in the house. You should be fine.
  • Options
    Elzar wrote:
    mrasic wrote:

+1 :mrgreen:

Its like when Lloyd asks Harry if he wants his extra pair of gloves.
  • Options
    Boston and Providence up.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    Sorry. A little snappy today.

Yes 10c tixs generally are the best in the house. You should be fine.

Ten Club tickets for the current Australian tour have been been randomly allocated and do not go by seniority so I imagine it will be the same with the US shows. (It says here in the original post that they will be random too).

Don't assume they will be the best in the house. They could be close to the stage, up in the balcony or even at the back of the venue.
  • Options
    MW58199MW58199 Posts: 12
    Originally, ten club tickets used to be the best in the house. Since they have begun random seating, I have not had the best experience with seat location. However, I was just thrilled to be there. :-)
  • Options
    MW58199 wrote:
    Originally, ten club tickets used to be the best in the house. Since they have begun random seating, I have not had the best experience with seat location. However, I was just thrilled to be there. :-)

Oh I was still thrilled to be there too. I got to go to three shows, Brisbane 1, Newcastle and Sydney 2. :)
  • Options
    Why am I seeing scalpers selling tickets all over the web? That is total BS.
    Right Where It Belongs
  • Options
    Going to STL show. Are we at least guaranteed good seats? I've never bought 10c pre-sale tickets.
  • Options
    Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    I went to buy tix for the Portland show. The "page could not be displayed" twice. I clicked back, refreshed, tickets were "temporarily out of stock". Seattle was (oddly enough) not sold out so I clicked on that. A message popped up saying that I couldn't have the Seattle tickets in my cart while I had other tickets in my cart??????
    I clicked on my cart, and there were the Portland tickets. I clicked "check out" repeatedly and by the grace of God I'm going. Now I can get on with my life-at least until July 14!!
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    jami1kenob wrote:
    Going to STL show. Are we at least guaranteed good seats? I've never bought 10c pre-sale tickets.

Nope. See my post above re the Australian shows. :)
  • Options
    denmatudenmatu Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    I feel for all the TC members that didn't get tickets. I got some good practive after the early morning ticket problems from today. 2009 TC ticket buying was a debacle as well. Anyways, let me complain and give some advice for the TC.

Complaint: Since there were such few shows, high demands, small venues, it was obvious this was going to happen. 10's of thousands of member without tix.

Advice to TC when selling tix: One show per hour and ALL shows on one day. This way the server handles the respective amount of TC members for that given area.

-Peace

...and yes, I got a pair of LB tix for the 6th.
    Post edited by denmatu on
  • Options
    Why am I seeing scalpers selling tickets all over the web? That is total BS.

For the US shows? How is that possible when general ticket sales aren't until April 1?
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    jami1kenob wrote:

Just saw that. WOW. They were expensive, and we don't know where we are sitting? WOW.
  • Options
    jami1kenob wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    jami1kenob wrote:

Just saw that. WOW. They were expensive, and we don't know where we are sitting? WOW.

Well if you read the original post on this thread it does say that you won't know where you are sitting because they are randomly allocated and not by seniority. Which is why I won't be using 10c again if and when there is another Australian tour..
  • Options
    sjeromesjerome Posts: 3
    Was trying to get EV tix for Boston today...ran into trouble....got to the end, filled all my info in, clicked submit, got booted out. Couldnt get that far again. So i tried for NY an hour later and it kept telling me i wasnt able to, basically indicating that already bought tix.

Come to find out my first go around with Boston actually went through...at least my card was charged! Never received a confirmation email and it doesn't show in my order history.

I emailed 10c and havent heard back yet (fingers crossed).

Did anyone else have this kinda trouble?
    Steve Jerome
  • Options
    Got my tickets earlier for Long Beach! The site crashed like 3 times, and then again a few times during checkout but I persevered and was able to get the tickets. Can't wait, first show I'm confirmed to go to this summer. July should be a fun month with Eddie and Soundgarden on the road.
  • Options
    yes I saw tickets for the Benaroya Hall going for $164 to $675 oer ticket. Check out the link here: http://www.highoctanetickets.com/Result ... id=1594311

Saw some on stubhub too. How the hell is it possible for scalpers to already be selling tickets when the true fans who sat there for a few hours refreshing the page never get a chance?
    Right Where It Belongs
  • Options
    yes I saw tickets for the Benaroya Hall going for $164 to $675 oer ticket. Check out the link here: http://www.highoctanetickets.com/Result ... id=1594311

Saw some on stubhub too. How the hell is it possible for scalpers to already be selling tickets when the true fans who sat there for a few hours refreshing the page never get a chance?

Are the venues selling tickets? :?
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    merrilc wrote:
    To those who missed out on tickets.... Don't worry you can still get tickets on ebay for hundreds of dollars. The rich will be going to see Eddie Vedder in America. Fundamentally wrong.

Will the people who are scalping tickets on ebay have their membership to 10C revoked? 10C pre-sale tickets were intended for the real fans and not intended for resale way above cost price to make money. Shame on the people who misuse their privileges to 10C.

It is wrong. And it is shame on them if they are doing that. It would be nice if they would have their membership revoked; it should be. But nobody can probably ever find out who did it. :evil:
  • Options
    emeraldkityemeraldkity Posts: 370
    I see stubhub has tickets for benaroya hall listed- starting at $225- apiece.
    I am going down there myself on Friday to try for one, since I was shut out of the 10club sale.

But I don't want to have to buy from a scalper. :twisted:
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    EmBleve wrote:
    merrilc wrote:
    To those who missed out on tickets.... Don't worry you can still get tickets on ebay for hundreds of dollars. The rich will be going to see Eddie Vedder in America. Fundamentally wrong.

Will the people who are scalping tickets on ebay have their membership to 10C revoked? 10C pre-sale tickets were intended for the real fans and not intended for resale way above cost price to make money. Shame on the people who misuse their privileges to 10C.

It is wrong. And it is shame on them if they are doing that. It would be nice if they would have their membership revoked; it should be. But nobody can probably ever find out who did it. :evil:

Report any EBay links you see to the 10 club and I think they will be able to get the bidding stopped.
  • Options
    sjeromesjerome Posts: 3
    How is it even possible for a 10c member to sell their tix on ebay? You dont get your tickets in the mail....you have to go to the venue day of the show and show ID. I thought thats why they do it that way....
    Steve Jerome
  • Options
    Red 81Red 81 Posts: 29
    Not to piss anyone off but I had no problems whatsoever and got my confirmation for Motown in under 7 minutes. This is the 5th straight time I've had no problems with buying tickets from the site. I know it doesn't make any of you who got shut out feel any better but the site does work...unfortunately just not for everyone when there are 800+ people trying to buy tickets all at once.

sorry mate but that is a load of shit, i consider myself one of the lucky ones and it still took me about 30mins of reloading/refreshing screens, cart emptied twice, got address screen 4times before i got past to final confirmation.

the site does not work for the traffic it will get. also the idea of staggered sales is excellent, but they should stagger each city by one hour. The 2xtickets per fan is also a great idea, but it still could be improved for next time around.
  • Options
    paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
    Yeahhhhhhh, Finally somewhere close. Long Beach here we come. :mrgreen:
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Red 81Red 81 Posts: 29
    merrilc wrote:

I hope TC look into this and revoke memberships and withdraw tickets.

They physically dont have the tickets yet, only a confirmation, should be very easy, if TC want too, to find out who the seller are and start the process