Options

EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2011 US TOUR

Comments

• Options
    paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah finally Eddie solo. Can't wait long beach here we come.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    Could it be season ticket holders of the venues that are selling tix?
  • Options
    Nat4575Nat4575 Posts: 19
    I get all the complaining and hell I was going nuts because I kept on getting a restricted message for the Boston sale. But I was able to get tickets after 20 minutes and lots of refreshing and crashing.. The one thing I don't get is that people seem to forget that you aren't completely shut out of tickets you still have ticketmaster. I didn't get 10c tickets the last time the band came to the TD Garden but I got ticketmaster tickets they weren't the best but I was in the building. It's not a given that everybody in the club will get tickets instead of dwelling on the negative just move on and go for the ticketmaster tickets. Seeing Ed is worth it saw him twice at the Opera house through the Ten Club and it was awesome.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    Nat4575 wrote:
    I get all the complaining and hell I was going nuts because I kept on getting a restricted message for the Boston sale. But I was able to get tickets after 20 minutes and lots of refreshing and crashing.. The one thing I don't get is that people seem to forget that you aren't completely shut out of tickets you still have ticketmaster. I didn't get 10c tickets the last time the band came to the TD Garden but I got ticketmaster tickets they weren't the best but I was in the building. It's not a given that everybody in the club will get tickets instead of dwelling on the negative just move on and go for the ticketmaster tickets. Seeing Ed is worth it saw him twice at the Opera house through the Ten Club and it was awesome.

Ticketmaster seats will probably turn out to be better than 10 club seats too. This has often been the case at the Australian shows.
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    sjerome wrote:
    Was trying to get EV tix for Boston today...ran into trouble....got to the end, filled all my info in, clicked submit, got booted out. Couldnt get that far again. So i tried for NY an hour later and it kept telling me i wasnt able to, basically indicating that already bought tix.

Come to find out my first go around with Boston actually went through...at least my card was charged! Never received a confirmation email and it doesn't show in my order history.

I emailed 10c and havent heard back yet (fingers crossed).

Did anyone else have this kinda trouble?

During the presale for Eddie's Oz tour confirmation emails were often sent later. Don't know about the order history, sorry.
  • Options
    One thing I did that I think helped me get tickets was that when the site started crashing I opened up the tickets link in another tab so I had a couple loading in case one crashed.
  • Options
    sjeromesjerome Posts: 3
    One thing I did that I think helped me get tickets was that when the site started crashing I opened up the tickets link in another tab so I had a couple loading in case one crashed.

SWEET! so you were making 2 connections from one computer... probably made it easier for everyone else.
    Steve Jerome
  • Options
    emeraldkityemeraldkity Posts: 370
    Ticketmaster sells out even faster than 10club in my experience- so I think that bitching is perfectly appropriate.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    gerty115gerty115 Posts: 6
    fdl9 wrote:
    Oakland was sold out by 2:05!! sucks!!

Oakland tickets are the only option not "sold out" when I just checked. :?: Give it a try...
  • Options
    sjerome wrote:

SWEET! so you were making 2 connections from one computer... probably made it easier for everyone else.
    :twisted:
  • Options
    JasonTeckJasonTeck St. Louis, MO Posts: 179
    edited March 2011
    jami1kenob wrote:
    Going to STL show. Are we at least guaranteed good seats? I've never bought 10c pre-sale tickets.

I bet the seats are going to be pretty good. For his solo show in Chicago 2 years ago they seemed to be the first 15 to 20 rows on the floor. I missed out on 10-Club tix that time (had to use TicketBastard) but got 'em this time...so I will see you at the Fox!!! :-D
    Post edited by JasonTeck on
    1992 - Lollapalooza - St. Louis
    1994 - St. Louis
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2003 - St. Louis
    2007 - Lollapalooza - Chicago
    2008 - Eddie Vedder Solo - Chicago
    2010 - St. Louis
    2011 - Eddie Vedder Solo - St. Louis
    2014 - St. Louis
    2016 - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival
    2018 - Wrigley Field - Chicago
    2022 - St. Louis & Oklahoma City
    2023 - Chicago N1 & N2
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    For those who didn't get tickets...if you can't get them on Ticketmaster on Friday, keep trying, every single day. I got some really decent seats at one of the EV shows in 2008 because they droppped them the day of the concert. "Sold out" doesn't always mean sold out.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    iamica wrote:
    For those who didn't get tickets...if you can't get them on Ticketmaster on Friday, keep trying, every single day. I got some really decent seats at one of the EV shows in 2008 because they droppped them the day of the concert. "Sold out" doesn't always mean sold out.
    Yeah even on Ticketmaster just keep refreshing on Friday because people's credit cards don't go through and tickets become available again. Day of sometimes tickets are released too.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    JasonTeck wrote:
    jami1kenob wrote:
    Going to STL show. Are we at least guaranteed good seats? I've never bought 10c pre-sale tickets.

I bet the seats are going to be pretty good. For his solo show in Chicago 2 years ago they seemed to be the first 15 to 20 rows on the floor. I missed out on 10-Club tix that time (had to use TicketBastard) but got 'em this time...so I will see you at the Fox!!! :-D

The tickets were probably based on 10 club seniority back in 2008. They aren't now. At the Australian shows they have been all over the venue, even in the back rows. Good luck though. :)
  • Options
    gerty115gerty115 Posts: 6
    Seattle does not have a "Sold Out" stamp across it now.... Just saying...those folks who thought they couldn't get tickets to either of those 2 shows give it a shot now.
  • Options
    thanks for looking- but when you click- it still says sold out.
    Frustrating after trying all afternoon from - temporarily unavailable to sold out.

I agree they should do one show at a time- so they don't get overloaded.
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    JM18725JM18725 Posts: 46
    gerty115 wrote:
    fdl9 wrote:
    Oakland was sold out by 2:05!! sucks!!

Oakland tickets are the only option not "sold out" when I just checked. :?: Give it a try...

yeah tried refreshing a few hundred times. pretty sure i'm relying on false hope at this point
    already in love
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Stoked to see Ed at Benaroya Hall. Thanks 10C.

And, thanks Ed for having an official Seattle solo show this time around. Even though I was super lucky enough to find out about the super secret west Seattle shows a couple years ago, and was actually let into the show for free for the majority of the show to stand in the back of that little room with a couple other fans from the board here. But, this will be really cool at Benaroya. Will be my first time in that venue and I am stoked. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    nice way to rub it in. :mrgreen:
    Ive been to Benaroya many times- nice place-great acoustics.
    I'm thinking of getting tickets to Carmina Burana.
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    Fuck I had such a crazy mornign with work issues I forgot the tix went on sale today! Damn i've never been to Benaroya ors een ed live. Im gonna try my luck witht icketmsater, i got hella good seats for PJ off TM for the key arena shows so hopefully I get lucky again!
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    Multiple crashes later I seem to have gotten Long Beach tix ( in my Order list despite the crash on the credit card submit - and show pending on the credit card site).

Maybe it's time to just have people email their wishlist venues and draw names from a hat! But at a minimum - 1 venue/date per 2 hour period next time? Please?

Ticketmaster shows a pre-sale for Santa Barbara - hoping to hear...

As for seat location, last time saw Ed solo in San Diego - random assignment. Was 2nd row from back, but only went to row T or so. Lucky to be one of the few there -and he was incredible ( if hung over - danger for you SD folks, he has a lot of friends down there...)
  • Options
    Hey everyone - newer member here. I haven't been able to read this whole thread but I got the general jist that a lot of people had problems with the site crashing and ended up getting blocked from the presale tickets.

Is this really something that happens every time there's a presale?!

I've been fuming all day because I've never encountered something like this. I couldn't get the Detroit pair, now I guess I have to Ticketmaster for general onsale. Why in the world would PJ do this to fans? Why did I pay for this membership?

I mean, I love the Christmas vinyl single and everything, but c'mon now.

Scott
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Is this really something that happens every time there's a presale?!

Welcome Scott! Unfortunately this usually happens when onsales happen. Lots of people going for a small amount of tickets on a crappy server. It's a frustrating process but the arena shows aren't quite as bad a process.
  • Options
    AM114454AM114454 Posts: 1
    Well, SOL for me and the Oakland show :( Even though it doesn't technically say sold out yet I'm assuming the "out of stock" means they are sold out.
    Apparently ticketmaster has a presale starting Thursday....anyone know the ticketmaster presale code for the Oakland tickets? I've been trying to register for all these sites that claim they have the code for that specific show and then, big shocker, come to find out they don't. Anyways, if you have a code, pretty pretty please share with us 10 club fans who got screwed on the presale
  • Options
    merrilcmerrilc Posts: 54
    "Starting at 9am Pacific on the second day (Wednesday, March 30th), any remaining tickets will be opened up for purchase regardless of whether or not you have tickets to another show." This implies that maybe some tickets will go on sale Wednesday through 10C?

I think the only way for me to get tickets to NY is for an honest 10C member to allow me to purchase their 2nd one at cost price OR through ticketmaster. Wish me luck. Just saw ed in Australia 4 times and would love to go and see him strut his stuff in NY.
  • Options
    peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    I stayed off the site all day today since I wasn't trying for tickets...but I see it was the usual mess with the presales
  • Options
    G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    where is the boston ticket icon? I am travelin overseas so i got a late jump on the pre-sale and figured i would see sold out on all the shows. I dont see the boston gig listed.? presumably the tics are gone...
  • Options
    moFoEdmoFoEd Posts: 5
    Tried all afternoon (EST) trying to get into the NYUC and Philly shows but no luck whatsoever, literally a few hundred refreshes. 1st time I had such a difficult time getting tix from here. Before I got them with no hitch, maybe trying to sell them all at the same day not a great idea?
    :?
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,504
    sjerome wrote:

Don't be bitter just because someone else was more clever than you. Everyone knew this was going to be a tough ticket, and it's kind of a survival of the fittest in these things. 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Be SoundBe Sound Posts: 199
    E.K wrote:
    JasonTeck wrote:
    jami1kenob wrote:

The tickets were probably based on 10 club seniority back in 2008. They aren't now. At the Australian shows they have been all over the venue, even in the back rows. Good luck though. :)

Nope - 2008 was not based on seniority - I went to three shows, two bought from 10C and one public - public tix were better BY FAR. And I had a friend who bought public for Massey Hall - I was waaaay back with my 10C tix and he had 4th row with his public sale.
    Don't it make you smile