Options

EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2011 US TOUR

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    Be Sound wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    JasonTeck wrote:
    I bet the seats are going to be pretty good. For his solo show in Chicago 2 years ago they seemed to be the first 15 to 20 rows on the floor. I missed out on 10-Club tix that time (had to use TicketBastard) but got 'em this time...so I will see you at the Fox!!! :-D

The tickets were probably based on 10 club seniority back in 2008. They aren't now. At the Australian shows they have been all over the venue, even in the back rows. Good luck though. :)

Nope - 2008 was not based on seniority - I went to three shows, two bought from 10C and one public - public tix were better BY FAR. And I had a friend who bought public for Massey Hall - I was waaaay back with my 10C tix and he had 4th row with his public sale.

In '08 I went to DC and had 7th row seats. In '09 - second row seats. I'm sure it all depends.
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    wait, so does this mean there won't be any tix for any shows that are currently "out of stock?"

i thought they were only that way for yesterday...and theyre releasing more today?? maybe not - that would suck
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    wait, so does this mean there won't be any tix for any shows that are currently "out of stock?"

i thought they were only that way for yesterday...and theyre releasing more today?? maybe not - that would suck

There would only be ones left today if everyone possible of purchasing one pair yesterday happened, which looks to be the case. Shit is sold.out.
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    Be Sound wrote:
    Nope - 2008 was not based on seniority - I went to three shows, two bought from 10C and one public - public tix were better BY FAR. And I had a friend who bought public for Massey Hall - I was waaaay back with my 10C tix and he had 4th row with his public sale.

Yeah it was totally random...but i ended up with good seats to all 3 Ed shows i saw (including Massey....great show!) with 10C seats.

Unlike PJ shows, there is a very real chance you can pull better seats from the public sale on Friday.
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    zacman13245zacman13245 Posts: 294
    I joined Ten Club a few years back (Member: 42XXXX, not great), and I had really nice seats for EV in Albany. They weren't towards the front, but I was in the middle and had a great eye-level view of the stage.
    I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning

6/30/2008 - Mansfield, MA.
    5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
    9/3/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
    9/4/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 512
    10c doesnt mean you get the best seats. I saw Eddie at both shows in Chicago last time around via 10c seats and we were in the upper part of the balcony both times. The venues are so small that it doesnt really matter. The shows were still awesome.

Everyone thinks that this was bad wait till PJ20. When an entire country tries to by tix at the same time. That will be fun.
  • Options
    MK88178 wrote:
    10c doesnt mean you get the best seats. I saw Eddie at both shows in Chicago last time around via 10c seats and we were in the upper part of the balcony both times. The venues are so small that it doesnt really matter. The shows were still awesome.

Everyone thinks that this was bad wait till PJ20. When an entire country tries to by tix at the same time. That will be fun.

This is why this circus needs to be at a bigger location than Alpine Valley AND it needs staggered ticket sale times based on TC#. Boom. Logistics.
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    MK88178 wrote:

well i hope each 10C member is given an opportunity to purchase a GA pass when this whole thing goes down...otherwise im gonna have to seriously reconsider my membership after 5 yrs
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    PJ75PJ75 Posts: 18
    Yellow Bedwetter wrote:

There would only be ones left today if everyone possible of purchasing one pair yesterday happened, which looks to be the case. Shit is sold.out.

Going on sale to the public on Friday though . . .
  • Options
    PJ75 wrote:
    Going on sale to the public on Friday though . . .

Yeah - 10C ones are sold out.
  • Options
    emeraldkityemeraldkity Posts: 370
    In 2006 I saw Eddie in Santa Barbara- I assume that 10C was still getting preferential seating at that time, because my seat was great- 3rd row. albeit way over on the side- which happened to be underneath the rope that Eddie climbed down to make his entrance. :-D

He didn't play Seattle that tour, & Santa Barbara was as close as I could get.
    I " sold" my extra seat to someone that ended up sitting elsewhere- & then despite the fact that he stiffed me immediately before the concert, he called me up to bail him out of jail.
    Right.
    :lolno:
    I think he had a little too much to drink & he did try to apologize later- but I didn't need any more crazy in my life- thanks anyway.
    That trip ( my first flight alone @ 48), was one of my best memories ever.

I am still going to try w Ticketmaster- for Seattle & if possible- I will try for two tickets to have one for anyone else who missed out- ( my sig other is not interested in seeing Eddie on the uke :eh: )
    I also would suggest for those in the area of any shows- that immediately before concert- some tickets have been released in the past- or others may find themselves with a spare.
    It has happened.
    ( :-o Hey- the Seahawks went to the SuperBowl didn't they?)

On the whole while buying tickets through 10Club is a mixed bag- it isn't all about the administration & some things work better than others- I do hope that by PJ20, there is better regulation of scalping control however.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    why cant i add Oakland tix to my cart? I have exceeded my limit? help!
  • Options
    JoelInNoCalJoelInNoCal Posts: 186
    Never having been to an Eddie Vedder only concert....

1. Is it acoustic?

2. I know he will be singing songs off his Ukulele album. Does he generally stray away from that? Does he sing some PJ songs too or other solo songs?
    Raleigh, 8/18/1992 (Lollapalooza)
    Sacramento, 7/16/1998
    San Francisco, 7/18/2006
    Oakland, 7/11/2011 (Eddie Vedder)
    Vancouver, BC, 9/25/2011
    Oakland, 10/26/2013
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

1. Is it acoustic?

2. I know he will be singing songs off his Ukulele album. Does he generally stray away from that? Does he sing some PJ songs too or other solo songs?

Hi, you should check out the Australian setlists for an idea. http://www.twofeetthick.com/concert-chr ... tralia2010

I'd imagine the USA will see more Ukelele album songs than Australia, but the shows are typically a mix of solo (ITW and Uke album), PJ songs writen by ED, and covers. I think these shows are amazing so if you like Ed's slow stuff you will have a blast!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    rshehadyrshehady Posts: 1
    Any info on the pre-sale password. Ticketmaster shows a pre-sale on Thursday 3/31/11 for NYC and the general sale on 4/1/11.
  • Options
    JoelInNoCalJoelInNoCal Posts: 186
    Better Dan wrote:

1. Is it acoustic?

Hi, you should check out the Australian setlists for an idea. http://www.twofeetthick.com/concert-chr ... tralia2010

I'd imagine the USA will see more Ukelele album songs than Australia, but the shows are typically a mix of solo (ITW and Uke album), PJ songs writen by ED, and covers. I think these shows are amazing so if you like Ed's slow stuff you will have a blast!

That looks like an awesome mix of songs. I hope he does this exact same thing for his U.S. tour. That would be great!
    Raleigh, 8/18/1992 (Lollapalooza)
    Sacramento, 7/16/1998
    San Francisco, 7/18/2006
    Oakland, 7/11/2011 (Eddie Vedder)
    Vancouver, BC, 9/25/2011
    Oakland, 10/26/2013
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    rshehady wrote:
    Any info on the pre-sale password. Ticketmaster shows a pre-sale on Thursday 3/31/11 for NYC and the general sale on 4/1/11.
    It's getting late! Anybody get the pwd? Do we watch the website or email?
    Santa Barbara is listed as a pre-sale too ( and it's no longer on the goods page even as sold out? something odd happen?)
  • Options
    chrishermano3chrishermano3 Boston, MA Posts: 18
    I dont understand how eddie vedder was so against the ticketmaster thing, and he was all about getting the cheapest tickets possible for the fans.. but youre paying more than 150 for a pair of tickets... wheres all that money going? when i saw alice in chains, deftones and mastodon (only alice in chains was good in my opinion, they rocked) the tickets were 40 bucks. and that was for 3 bands including all of their personnel. and its just eddie vedder, his couple of people and his opening act. theres something wrong with that. so many fans are getting screwed over its sad. for chris cornells solo shows this spring they werent that expensive were they? i dunno... this just seems wrong, and of course im gonna be there but damn why so expensive eddie vedder why?
  • Options
    KregKreg Posts: 38
    Bummed in Detroit...
    With the presale thing, I guess it's the thought that counts 10c. Thanks for trying, but my apologies for all the names I called you yesterday lol
  • Options
    KregKreg Posts: 38
    Ticketmaster has a presale listed for every venue except Detroit at this point. Will one be added?
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Kreg wrote:
    Ticketmaster has a presale listed for every venue except Detroit at this point. Will one be added?
    Not Hartford.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    I dont understand how eddie vedder was so against the ticketmaster thing, and he was all about getting the cheapest tickets possible for the fans.. but youre paying more than 150 for a pair of tickets... wheres all that money going? when i saw alice in chains, deftones and mastodon (only alice in chains was good in my opinion, they rocked) the tickets were 40 bucks. and that was for 3 bands including all of their personnel. and its just eddie vedder, his couple of people and his opening act. theres something wrong with that. so many fans are getting screwed over its sad. for chris cornells solo shows this spring they werent that expensive were they? i dunno... this just seems wrong, and of course im gonna be there but damn why so expensive eddie vedder why?
    I go to a lot of concerts - I don't see this as outrageously priced by any means. He's playing 3000 seat or less venues from what I've seen - and yet it costs just as much to travel from place to place as for stadiums. Ok, not bringing all the band's stuff, but still $$$ - Consider the cost of gas alone these days! And I'm sure he's buying carbon offsets. And we get to see him in as intimate a venue as can be reasonably expected.

And "just eddie vedder"??? As much as I love the band his solo work on Into the Wild was AMAZING. I'm really looking forward to the new album.
    Meanwhile - where is that password?
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Are we supposed to get the password via TenClub email?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    in my tree 76in my tree 76 The city by the lake Posts: 261
    I never got a chance to get presale tickets to the chicago show WTH
    Soldier Field 7/11/95 Alpine Valley 6/26/98 United Center 6/29/98 The Ice Bowl10/8/00 United Center 5/17/06 United Center 8/23/09 Verizon Wireless 5/7/10 EV Chicago Theater 6/29/11 PJ20 9/3/11 9/4/11 Wrigley Field 7/19/13 Memphis 10/14/14 Moline 10/17/14 Wrigley Field 8/20/16 Wrigley Field 8/22/16 Wrigley Field 8/18/18 Wrigley Field 8/20/18> 17× United Center 9/7/23
  • Options
    njr12487njr12487 Posts: 4
    If anyone has any info on what the password is for Eddie in Chicago please email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:njr12487@yahoo.com">njr12487@yahoo.com</a><!-- e --> please and THANKS!
  • Options
    MM274029MM274029 Posts: 2
    Ticketmaster lists a presale for the Beacon shows tomorrow at 10am EDT. Anyone know a password for it? Thanks.
  • Options
    Be SoundBe Sound Posts: 199
    Is there a presale for Hartford? if so does anyone have the details??
    Don't it make you smile
  • Options
    bjmjplbjmjpl Posts: 134
    i thought i saw somewhere that is was FANCLUB or FAN CLUB or something but it was when i was searching not able to get tix so i dunno....
  • Options
    wynnyrdwynnyrd Posts: 1
    Is there a tickmaster pre-sale? See link that says there's one before 4/1 for Philly.

http://www.livenation.com/event/02004671868C4E63

If so, what are the passwords for those?
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Be Sound wrote:
    Is there a presale for Hartford? if so does anyone have the details??
    Nope. Friday they're on sale.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful