Options

zippo flipping

Comments

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    buy as many as you are allowed to buy.....

and what you do with them is nobodys business but your own.........

exactly.

it's a free market, people. who cares what everyone on here gets riled up about? so long as you're not flipping items that the 10c explicitly says are not for resale, who gives a shit?
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    pulaski wrote:
    99 cents.....limit one per customer
    you should go buy all the whoppers before we all get to LA, then sell them to us for 2x what you paid...
    Quick, what are you doing on here posting?
  • Options
    pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
    exactly.

it's a free market, people. who cares what everyone on here gets riled up about? so long as you're not flipping items that the 10c explicitly says are not for resale, who gives a shit?

thank you!
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    pulaski wrote:
    my real purpose to see so many EV shows is I love EV and the music he makes. that doesnt mean that I love every song without question, i do have a mind of my own and am allowed to make up my own opinion. Im not sheep like most of the people here and just love everything unconditionally. and as far as the zippos, i can buy as many as they will let me, im just operating within the rules. im not stealing them, or aquiring them in an illegal way, im purchasing them just like everyone else.

ok, so your a hard core longtime loyal fan

now i get it?
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I would just like one for myself that's all I'm saying. Like many of us just want one. So maybe only go for a couple at the next shows? Your pretty well set already. But do what you like that is your right.
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    pulaski wrote:
    yes, its exactly one per customer.

Suffering from multiple personality disorder are you?

One per customer.

Are you one customer or more?

Ahhh...Bet you're cool. Whatever.

Why did you come on here asking????

PS--Didn't bother to look at your photo.

"Ohhh...Cool dude ...oh I mean greedy fuck...has a lot of lighters" is what I suppose the caption should read though...

Let me switch computers...
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    pulaski wrote:
    so whats your take on zippo flipping?? is it just illegal as poster flipping? are people gonna freak out when I put my 10 zippos (i have so far) on ebay?

i wonder how many more i can get in the next 7 shows

hahahahahahahahahaha. :D

ummmm.....'illegal'..........? selling posters isn't 'illegal'.......even if you bought em thru the 10c with the 'not for resale' blurb, it still wouldn't be illegal. posters have ALWAYS been up for sale aftermarket. basically, if it's for sale at a show...it's your right to do with it what you wish after purchase, including selling it.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808
    pjtaper wrote:
    My sister used to work at a nice place called the black kettle... I always felt like a pot when she mentioned it...

you and your friends abbott and costello routine is getting old really fucking quick.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    exactly.

He came on here and asked what we...the PJ community... think.

Many of us are going to the shows (and traveling across the country) and he's inconsiderate if he buys 28 lighters at a given show keeping 27 of us from scoring the ones we want.

Only a given number are slated for a given show.

He can do what he wants.

Obviously he came on here to fight.

He's cool......

He can buy lighters.
  • Options
    you and your friends abbott and costello routine is getting old really fucking quick.....
    speaking of old, who are abbott and costella?
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834

Classic :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tPrm6luPmME
  • Options
    like i said before, im not going to sell them now, im just going to save them in a box, that way no one gets mad at me for flipping
  • Options
    pulaski wrote:
    like i said before, im not going to sell them now, im just going to save them in a box, that way no one gets mad at me for flipping

Here's a novel idea...

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=280046
  • Options
  • Options
    ya know what im thinking about doing?? im gonna acquire as many of these as i can, and im gonna sell them at cost to people here on the board who backed me up (you know who you are). and the rest of you who wanted to bash me and tell me what i was doing was wrong and im an asshole or whatever else i was called, if u want one, ill only charge you $130 bucks plus shipping.

hows that sound? (looking for feedback from the cool people)
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    Dude...

Have you not seen the thread of people who are really wanting these lighters?

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=280046

You don't think people on here are going to think you suck if I (for example) get to the table in LA and they tell me that the stand opened 15 minutes ago and now there are none left... You don't think I'll think you SUCK if that evening you bought up 15 of them to flip?

Your thread sucks.

Keep your flipping quiet.

Why would you come on here and brag that you are basically fucking your community over [which you would be doing if people like me ended up having to buy yours (not that I would...I'd do without.)] There is without a doubt a limited #. Please...if you have to be greedy hog... Don't come on here and brag about it.

Shush!

So wait a second. If someone wants one of these lighters, and also doesn't want to pay full price for it, doesn't that make them greedy too? I mean the way I look at it those people want something, but they also want to keep as much of their money as possible too.
  • Options
    Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    He obviously posted it to bait you guys... you did exactly what he thought you do: most of you went apeshit on him. If you guys don't like the fact that people flip stuff, it's simple: don't buy it from them. If he wants to lay out $600 straight cash for 20 zippos, let him. If you have a problem with him buying multiple lighters at shows, take it up with the people running the merch table. I've been shut out on posters at many, many shows myself... yeah, it sucks for about 5 minutes and then I get over it because I figure it ain't worth getting all bent out of shape over. So the OP doesn't like Arc and he's buying lighters for friends and to offset some travel costs... big fuckin' deal. Plus, I have a feeling that these lighters are going to be available through the 10C with some proceeds going to Surfrider or something...

Having said that, who wants a mint '98 Toronto poster? Bidding starts at $300. :D
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    pulaski wrote:
    ya know what im thinking about doing?? im gonna acquire as many of these as i can, and im gonna sell them at cost to people here on the board who backed me up (you know who you are). and the rest of you who wanted to bash me and tell me what i was doing was wrong and im an asshole or whatever else i was called, if u want one, ill only charge you $130 bucks plus shipping.

Wow....you know what? You are a cool guy after all. How considerate you are for wanting to do such a noble thing.

And if I really gave a shit about getting a lighter, I would be heartbroken.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    So wait a second. If someone wants one of these lighters, and also doesn't want to pay full price for it, doesn't that make them greedy too? I mean the way I look at it those people want something, but they also want to keep as much of their money as possible too.

Who doesn't want to pay full price?

Those are people willing to pay "full price" they just can't get to the show...It would be nice if "Mr. 248 lighters in a box" wanted to sell a few for what he paid for them.

My friends and I will be at the shows in SB, LA and SD.

I hope those of us who want a lighter can get one.

That's what I'm saying.

Don't worry schmo.

You won't be selling me anything for $130.

I have my own stuff and my own ways...

Still trying to switch computers...Unable to get in to access the other...
  • Options
    ParadajzarParadajzar Posts: 435
    Hey man, I sent you PM, why don't you answer:)

I am not bashing you:)

I'm a cool guy, who wants to light a cigarete with into the wild zippo
    Ljubljana 19.06.2000
    Zagreb 26.09.2006
    Munchen 12.06. 2007
    Berlin 15.08.2009
    Dublin 22.06.2010
    Belfast 23.06.2010
    Berlin 30.06.2010
    Prague 02.07.2012
    Berlin 04.07.2012
    Berlin 05.07.2012
    Manchester 28.07.2012 - E.V.
    Worcester 15.10.2013
    Worcester 16.10.2013
    Brooklyn 18.10.2013
    Brooklyn 19.10.2013
    Trieste 22.6.2014
    Berlin 26.6.2014
    Milton Keynes 11.7.2014
    Buenos Aires 7.11.2015
    Sao Paulo 14.11.2015
    Rio de Janeiro 22.11.2015
    Chicago Wrigley Field 20.8.2016
    Chicago Wrigley Field 22.8.2016
  • Options
    Wow....you know what? You are a cool guy after all. How considerate you are for wanting to do such a noble thing.

And if I really gave a shit about getting a lighter, I would be heartbroken.
    Sounds fair! Go for it! Or better yet, why not just let people buy them for themselves, I mean, that is why they are selling them at the concerts, right?
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    Who doesn't want to pay full price?

Those are people willing to pay "full price" they just can't get to the show...It would be nice if "Mr. 248 lighters in a box" wanted to sell a few for what he paid for them.

My friends and I will be at the shows in SB, LA and SD.

I hope those of us who want a lighter can get one.

That's what I'm saying.

Don't worry schmo.

You won't be selling me anything for $130.

I have my own stuff and my own ways...

Still trying to switch computers...Unable to get in to access the other...

By full price I meant the going rate. If people don't want to pay that they are greedy too because they want to be able to get a lighter and they want to be able to keep as much of their money as possible and still get it.
  • Options
    I think anyone who flips any PJ product is a fucking asshole.
    "How loud can silence get?"

http://www.myspace.com/cockeyedoptimus
  • Options

Why does it make a difference that they are PJ products? What about people who flip houses? What about the grocery store that sells banannas for more than they bought them for? Why are PJ products so special?
  • Options

what about people who flip arctic monkeys products? are they assholes too?
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    q4t

Don't understand fancy coputer lingo.

Also...can't get to my other computer now...so I can't access the photos I was looking for...Only have a few on my phtobucket

But...hey cool dude with the Zippos...

Think I'm jealous?

I have more cool authentic PJ stuff to give away, trade, sell or flip than you will ever have. Here is one OLD pic...Have a lot more now...some of these are now gone.....but now I have more and different ones as well...

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o319/gtflygirl/IMG_4235.jpg

But you are cool.

Keep on flipping.

Do what you must to support your trip and come n here and fight with people about it after you ask their opinions.

I know I won't be needing your zippo, dude. Not to worry.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    I don't think there should be a probelm trading them though, I would like a zippo and one of the hats, i would trade 1 or 2 of my posters for that combo.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    Don't understand fancy coputer lingo.

Also...can't get to my other computer now...so I can't access the photos I was looking for...Only have a few on my phtobucket

But...hey cool dude with the Zippos...

Think I'm jealous?

I have more cool authentic PJ stuff to give away, trade, sell or flip than you will ever have. Here is one OLD pic...Have a lot more now...some of these are now gone.....but now I have more and different ones as well...

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o319/gtflygirl/IMG_4235.jpg

But you are cool.

Keep on flipping.

Do what you must to support your trip and come n here and fight with people about it after you ask their opinions.

I know I won't be needing your zippo, dude. Not to worry.

wow, guitar pics? your so awesome, can i be your friend?
  • Options
    AnnaMelindaAnnaMelinda Posts: 331
    pulaski wrote:

Dude... You are a complete a**hole.

Total and complete.

Why would you come on here looking for opinions and then act like an ass when people tell you what they think?

That is immature and annoying...and to me SCREAMS...LOSER!
    sometimes life don't leave you alone
  • Options
    AnnaMelindaAnnaMelinda Posts: 331
    pulaski wrote:
    wow, guitar pics? your so awesome, can i be your friend?

Can't be MINE!
    sometimes life don't leave you alone