Options

zippo flipping

pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
edited April 2008 in The Porch
so whats your take on zippo flipping?? is it just illegal as poster flipping? are people gonna freak out when I put my 10 zippos (i have so far) on ebay?

i wonder how many more i can get in the next 7 shows
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    pulaski wrote:
    so whats your take on zippo flipping?? is it just illegal as poster flipping? are people gonna freak out when I put my 10 zippos (i have so far) on ebay?

Just put a buy it now of $50 on each one of them, and I dont think anyone will care...;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Just put a buy it now of $50 on each one of them, and I dont think anyone will care...;)

sounds good to me, thanks for the advice
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    Dude...

Have you not seen the thread of people who are really wanting these lighters?

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=280046

You don't think people on here are going to think you suck if I (for example) get to the table in LA and they tell me that the stand opened 15 minutes ago and now there are none left... You don't think I'll think you SUCK if that evening you bought up 15 of them to flip?

Your thread sucks.

Keep your flipping quiet.

Why would you come on here and brag that you are basically fucking your community over [which you would be doing if people like me ended up having to buy yours (not that I would...I'd do without.)] There is without a doubt a limited #. Please...if you have to be greedy hog... Don't come on here and brag about it.

Shush!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:

Why would you come on here and brag that you are basically fucking your community over [which you would be doing if people like me ended up having to buy yours (not that I would...I'd do without.)] There is without a doubt a limited #. Please...if you have to be greedy hog... Don't come on here and brag about it.

EXACTLY
    do it, but dont effing talk about here
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    Dude...

Have you not seen the thread of people who are really wanting these lighters?

You don't think people on here are going to think you suck if I (for example) get to the table in LA and they tell me that the stand opened 15 minutes ago and now there are none left... You don't think I'll think you SUCK if that evening you bought up 15 of them to flip?

Your thread sucks.

Shush!

it wasnt meant to be a brag, i how how pissed people get at flipping posters and i was just wondering if all the arguments about flipping posters hold true for zippos. i dont see people pissed when shirts or hats get flipped, so i was wondering were the line is. I know you guys like to get your panties up in a bunch for no reason..

bottom line, if you want a zippo, show up to the show early. If you want more than one, then slip the dude some extra cash. if your not going to the show, then i guess your best bet will be on ebay.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Its hard to say, the crash hoodies all showed up on ebay as well. I would like to get one of the Zippos, and 1 of the hats, if someone would get them for me, rather than pay triple on ebay.
    Sorry, forgot to add, but I would also pick somone up something on the east coast leg if they asked me to, ouside of a poster, and not feel bad about it.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    and dont think im heartless, im hooking up 4 of my freinds back home that couldnt make the trip, but u gotta understand, it costs alot of money to go on the road, and i think thats how the whole flipping thing started for me. I paid alot of money to get out here and get tix to the show, so if i can get an extra zippo and poster and sell them i can offset the cost of my trip. im not looking to make a living out of flipping, im just looking to offset the cost of doing all this. is that really such a bad thing?
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    pulaski wrote:

Hey man can you save some for us that just want one?

G R E E D
  • Options
    pulaski wrote:
    it wasnt meant to be a brag, i how how pissed people get at flipping posters and i was just wondering if all the arguments about flipping posters hold true for zippos. i dont see people pissed when shirts or hats get flipped, so i was wondering were the line is. I know you guys like to get your panties up in a bunch for no reason..

bottom line, if you want a zippo, show up to the show early. If you want more than one, then slip the dude some extra cash. if your not going to the show, then i guess your best bet will be on ebay.

Dude... ESPECIALLY if it is a one per customer rule at the show...and you are buying a bunch to flip...and coming on here talking about it...then not only do you suck but you don't "get it."

You asked and I'm telling you.

If you didn't want to hear that this practice blows then you shouldn't have come on here asking.

The answer? Yes. It sucks.
    pulaski wrote:

And...btw...I don't need advice as to how to score additional things at concerts. Thanks for your tips but I won't be needing them. I tend to get what I want without slipping anyone any $$. Thanks for the advice though...
  • Options
    pulaski wrote:
    and dont think im heartless, im hooking up 4 of my freinds back home that couldnt make the trip, but u gotta understand, it costs alot of money to go on the road, and i think thats how the whole flipping thing started for me. I paid alot of money to get out here and get tix to the show, so if i can get an extra zippo and poster and sell them i can offset the cost of my trip. im not looking to make a living out of flipping, im just looking to offset the cost of doing all this. is that really such a bad thing?

Oh yeah...Like 75% of the people at the Ed shows are not also "on the road" to see the shows?

You don't need to explain the cost of traveling to see Pearl Jam shows to most of the people on this board.
  • Options
    hidinghiding Posts: 290
    i thought this thread was about flipping your zippo open and closed and snapping it to light it "dice clay style"

oh and i can do it.
    one love

respect
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    hiding wrote:
    i thought this thread was about flipping your zippo open and closed and snapping it to light it "dice clay style"

oh and i can do it.
    Hilarious. Have not heard a Diceman pull in a long time.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    flipping as in opening and closing of the zippo?
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    pulaski wrote:
    i dont see people pissed when shirts or hats get flipped, so i was wondering were the line is.

There's a difference between something like posters (which are limited in number) and hats and t-shirts (which can be bought in abundance). Have no idea if the Zippos are limited, but if so I think it's a dick move to buy a shitload of Zippos just to flip.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    with the last couple of threads you have started, I don't like you!
    That's all I have to say about this.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,793
    pulaski wrote:

buy as many as you are allowed to buy.....

and what you do with them is nobodys business but your own.........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I think it sucks.

At San Diego I hope to get 2 and if I don't I will know who to send a nasty PM to. Thanks.
  • Options

That's Flipper talk.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,793
    That's Flipper talk.
    yeah...im sure you are familiar with it.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

Yeah, flipper. :D

Sounds like they have a one per customer rule or why would Mr. Friendly advise me to slip the guy some money.

PS--Thanks for bumping my "I need an LA Ticket" thread!!!!!

I appreciate your help!!

It worked!!!!!!!

(Now I'm gonna buy a shitload of lighters each night!!!!!!!!) ;)
  • Options

My sister used to work at a nice place called the black kettle... I always felt like a pot when she mentioned it...
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    pulaski wrote:

you don't like arc and you also wanna flip zippo's to help finance your tour

i'm not sure if you are a fan or just a disturbance of the peace

state your real purpose for seeing so many ev shows OR move along
  • Options
    yeah...im sure you are familiar with it.....

Not PJ proud to say. I usually donate or just keep my PJ stuff.
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    Dude... ESPECIALLY if it is a one per customer rule at the show...and you are buying a bunch to flip...

yes, its exactly one per customer. so if i go buy one, then complete that transaction, then i go back and buy another and another and another, I am 1 customer each time i do that. same holds true for going to BK and getting a whopper on sale or anything else.

ya know, i probably wont sell any of the zippos after all, ill just buy as many as i can and store them away. btw, i lied before, i dont have 10, i have 20. I promise to everyone here i wont flip them, im just going to store them in a box in my basement.

they do look good, though, u gotta admit

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/9714/zippopp2.png
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    My sister used to work at a nice place called the black kettle... I always felt like a pot when she mentioned it...

That would be applicable if he condemned the guy for flipping......
  • Options
    pulaski wrote:
    yes, its exactly one per customer. so if i go buy one, then complete that transaction, then i go back and buy another and another and another, I am 1 customer each time i do that. same holds true for going to BK and getting a whopper on sale or anything else.

ya know, i probably wont sell any of the zippos after all, ill just buy as many as i can and store them away. btw, i lied before, i dont have 10, i have 20. I promise to everyone here i wont flip them, im just going to store them in a box in my basement.

they do look good, though, u gotta admit

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/9714/zippopp2.png
    wait, there is a sale on whoppers?
    no farkin way!!!!!
  • Options
    augustwest wrote:
    you don't like arc and you also wanna flip zippo's to help finance your tour

i'm not sure if you are a fan or just a disturbance of the peace

state your real purpose for seeing so many ev shows OR move along

my real purpose to see so many EV shows is I love EV and the music he makes. that doesnt mean that I love every song without question, i do have a mind of my own and am allowed to make up my own opinion. Im not sheep like most of the people here and just love everything unconditionally. and as far as the zippos, i can buy as many as they will let me, im just operating within the rules. im not stealing them, or aquiring them in an illegal way, im purchasing them just like everyone else.
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    wait, there is a sale on whoppers?
    no farkin way!!!!!

99 cents.....limit one per customer
  • Options
    If you get at least 5 zippos per show, you can probably pay for quite a bit of your tour costs...
    and get your picture taken at a show while buying all those zippos, then have your picture posted on the message pit, then get shit from now on...
    like that tall flipper guy, pjkev2003 or whatever, security watches that dude like a hawk...
    although it could be because of the way he flaunts his man boobs, who knows!
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
    pulaski wrote:

So let me get this straight- You feel like you are entitled to compensation to offset the expense of your choice of recreation? It sounds like thinking error to me.