Options

zippo flipping

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    UndieTaker wrote:
    Or we could call it Flippers and just have pics of us flipping the bird to ebay auctions.

TO be honest, I really dont give a fiddlers fuck about the flippers....AS LONG AS I DONT HAVE TO HEAR ABOUT IT. Its annoying when you have people in a fanclub talking about flipping something they got dirtcheap for profit from the band they are supposed to be a fan of and then they are trying to sell it openly back to the fans ....within the fanclub.....the nerve.
    Just keep it on the down low flippers.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    RMST09 wrote:
    The problem is not with the resale of personal property. The problem is with the people who horde memorabilia in the hopes of reselling it at a higher price. It's obnoxious and shows an incredible lack of consideration of your "fellow" fans. I can't fathom how you could stand at the front of a full line of people and purchase 10 lighters without feeling like an a-hole. Just because they don't have a "one lighter per person" policy doesn't make it right.

In some cases, you can benefit from flippers/scalpers.

If they overspeculate, they may sell the items for less then their cost.

Pop Culture items that don't sell are often sold for 1/2 price, because the sellers know that trends fade, so its better to get something then nothing.

Same with concert tickets.....A savy shopper could have gotten Police tickets for less then 1/2 of face value at both L.A. shows last year.

If there is no way to stop fliipers/scalpers, you may as well learn to benefit from them!
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I had one of these in my hands in Vancouver, but gave it back for a poster and sticker/button package instead. If I would have known it was going to be such a huge thing, I would have bought one...
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    This is both sad on the part of crazed overly obsessive poster/zippo/Eddie's snot seeking fans as well as greedy flipping motherfuckers..I really need to find a new band to support ;)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'