Options

PEARL JAM CANADA 2011

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 89,036
    It's pretty sad that each day waking up every morning reading this thread there are so many posts & rumors & "confirmed" dates that it's all happening East of Montreal with dozens of dates in various Canadian cities out West but no rumors, leaks or anything about any show happening east of Montreal this September. If they are doing all these West Coast show's, wouldn't it be fair to do a show, one show, in Atlantic Canada? I hope Pearl Jam & management still remembers that their Halifax '05 show sold out pretty fast, faster then many West Coast cities. Plus they got 10club member's here that shop to they drop. Believe me.
  • Options
    thunderlipsthunderlips Posts: 58
    demetrios wrote:
    It's pretty sad that each day waking up every morning reading this thread there are so many posts & rumors & "confirmed" dates that it's all happening East of Montreal with dozens of dates in various Canadian cities out West but no rumors, leaks or anything about any show happening east of Montreal this September. If they are doing all these West Coast show's, wouldn't it be fair to do a show, one show, in Atlantic Canada? I hope Pearl Jam & management still remembers that their Halifax '05 show sold out pretty fast, faster then many West Coast cities. Plus they got 10club member's here that shop to they drop. Believe me.

I agree. It doesn't look good for us Atlantic folk but I'll make the trek to Montreal if it doesn't happen here.
  • Options
    rjwhite19rjwhite19 Posts: 574
    one show in atlantic canada........anywhere! please!
    Montreal 2003. Halifax 2005. EV Montreal 2008. Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011 1 & 2 London 2013. Quebec City 2016. Ottawa 2016
    Fenway 2016 1 & 2
  • Options
    cojobocojobo Ontario Posts: 299
    I think they'll do an Atlantic show after all - I was at the Halifax show and I think they felt good about it ;) - they appreciate the quick sell out and want to hit as many places as possible

I'm hoping that (tomorrow?) in their announcement they'll have the line-up (at least other headliners) for the Festival - I think my budget is forcing me to make a choice between 3-4 shows in Ontario or the Festival - but it would be much easier if I knew what the festival was going to be like and weigh my options
    Halifax '05, Toronto '09, Toronto 2 '11, Hamilton '11, London '13, Chicago '13. Buffalo '13 , Leeds '14, Detroit '14, New York (GCF) '15, Ottawa '16, Toronto 1 '16, Toronto 2 '16
  • Options
    I think they'll do an Atlantic show after all - I was at the Halifax show and I think they felt good about it ;) - they appreciate the quick sell out and want to hit as many places as possible

I'm hoping that (tomorrow?) in their announcement they'll have the line-up (at least other headliners) for the Festival - I think my budget is forcing me to make a choice between 3-4 shows in Ontario or the Festival - but it would be much easier if I knew what the festival was going to be like and weigh my options

i think im in the same position. i could tour a little and hit up a bunch a cdn dates or maybe 1 or 2 and pjfest ... just gotta see what costs what.
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
    )[/quote]
    Ha. Awesome. The furthest west I'm going is Wisconsin. Then I'm gonna hit montreal. I really hope they go south to Toronto after that, then I can do that one too.
    I want to go to Montreal cause there is a cooking show I watch called Chucks Day Off. And his restaurant is there. He's amazing. He competed on iron chef too.
    He makes fucking lobster poutine. Omg. As soon as I get tickets I'm making a reservation. Can't wait.
    Ya, I said lobster poutine.[/quote]

There is a restaurant here in Ottawa that does lobster poutine but I haven't gone to try it yet!! I think it must be good as both poutine and lobster are delicious :)[/quote]
    Omg. Go try it and tell me how it is. Lol.
    I'm too far south to get good food like that. I think they raise the price of lobster the further south in Canada you go.
    If the Detroit river could support lobster it'd be a different story. All that river supports is evidence and bodies. :D
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,534
    so how is the weather at September to the great white North??? :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,593

Depending if its at the start of the month or late in the month. But the weather should still be anywhere from 20-30 celius. Nothing like Greece, but still nice
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,572
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Depending if its at the start of the month or late in the month. But the weather should still be anywhere from 20-30 celius. Nothing like Greece, but still nice

:D:):mrgreen:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,534
    BLACK35 wrote:

thanks Shannon,meet you at the pre-parties.... ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,593
    BLACK35 wrote:

thanks Shannon,meet you at the pre-parties.... ;)

:D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    Pap wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

niiiice! :D
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Getting nervous? :lol:
    Maybe they're just going to play some exclusive/surprise or even private shows around the festival? Would suck for most but be awesome for those that can find ways in...I'd be totally blown away if they didn't do at least one big show there tho....but maybe if they're playing Hamilton and another show in or near the Golden horseshoe, as well as a small gig....you guys get skipped? imagine that....

And...if Winnipeg is the 17th and Edmonton is the 23...that's a big gap. Calgary/Edmonton are the only cities in western canada bands usually do back-to-back...so maybe Sask 19, a break in Banff, then Cal 22 Edm 23? :lol:...so glad this is all going to end soon.
    I can't believe I forgot about this but I remembered this morning that Mudhoney confirmed that there will be a Toronto show on their twitter account a little while back (Vancouver too). So we know that there will be one, just no idea where and when. Also, if they are in fact playing shows in places like Hamilton and/or London as well, perhaps it will only be one Toronto show, not the two that have been rumoured around there parts months ago...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Getting nervous? :lol:
    Maybe they're just going to play some exclusive/surprise or even private shows around the festival? Would suck for most but be awesome for those that can find ways in...I'd be totally blown away if they didn't do at least one big show there tho....but maybe if they're playing Hamilton and another show in or near the Golden horseshoe, as well as a small gig....you guys get skipped? imagine that....

And...if Winnipeg is the 17th and Edmonton is the 23...that's a big gap. Calgary/Edmonton are the only cities in western canada bands usually do back-to-back...so maybe Sask 19, a break in Banff, then Cal 22 Edm 23? :lol:...so glad this is all going to end soon.
    I can't believe I forgot about this but I remembered this morning that Mudhoney confirmed that there will be a Toronto show on their twitter account a little while back (Vancouver too). So we know that there will be one, just no idea where and when. Also, if they are in fact playing shows in places like Hamilton and/or London as well, perhaps it will only be one Toronto show, not the two that have been rumoured around there parts months ago...

I heard from two different people in the Toronto concert industry that we will be getting two shows here. I pressed for dates and they pretty much shut me down! We'll just have to be patient and wait until tomorrow for the full list of shows. (I'm not very good at being patient when it comes to Pearl Jam)
  • Options

I heard from two different people in the Toronto concert industry that we will be getting two shows here. I pressed for dates and they pretty much shut me down! We'll just have to be patient and wait until tomorrow for the full list of shows. (I'm not very good at being patient when it comes to Pearl Jam)
    Massey Hall? :mrgreen:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:

Hahahaha I WIIISH! That would be the best announcement ever!
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:

Hahahaha I WIIISH! That would be the best announcement ever!
    A man can dream, can't he? Imagine what kind of a clusterf*** it would be getting tickets if that went down...
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    To the guy really wondering about any Saskatchewan shows the only thing I can find is that people who are signed up to the Conexus Arts Centre in Regina are getting a concert announcement on May 16th.

Do I think it would be PJ, no. But if they played there that would be unreal as it is very a small theatre, however, I cannot see it. But kind of keeping my fingers crossed that it would be.

Someone has mentioned in another thread he is 90% sure Saskatoon is getting a show but he cannot confirm it 100% as he did with Edmonton. Regradless when I lived in Saskatoon back in 2005 there was no pre-announcement hype on the radio, as I said back in Saskatchewan there is just too much Nazareth to play...ha-ha.
  • Options
    faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
    Windsor!!!!!!
    Haha. Wishful thinking.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    A man can dream, can't he? Imagine what kind of a clusterf*** it would be getting tickets if that went down...

It would make this past EV Solo tour pre-sale look like a pleasant ticket buying experience, that's for sure!
  • Options
    hinsey21hinsey21 Posts: 582
    good good friend of mine is very involved in the Toronto music industry and always knows what's going down like a month before stuff is announced. I remember when beer baron had announced the aug 21/09 show. I knew that about 2 days before he announced it. I usually know in general about most shows before people. However this is just not the case this time. I can't get anything outta nobody, it's really weird. I did get that they were coming here but that's it. I haven't even heard anything about 2 nights. I am free sept 7th-15th and then I have contracted work 16th and 17th. I really hope I can see everything there is to see in the montreal-toronto areas. It'll break my heart if they're playing GTA 16th or 17th.
  • Options
    apeman77apeman77 Posts: 153
    To the guy really wondering about any Saskatchewan shows the only thing I can find is that people who are signed up to the Conexus Arts Centre in Regina are getting a concert announcement on May 16th.

Do I think it would be PJ, no. But if they played there that would be unreal as it is very a small theatre, however, I cannot see it. But kind of keeping my fingers crossed that it would be.

Someone has mentioned in another thread he is 90% sure Saskatoon is getting a show but he cannot confirm it 100% as he did with Edmonton. Regradless when I lived in Saskatoon back in 2005 there was no pre-announcement hype on the radio, as I said back in Saskatchewan there is just too much Nazareth to play...ha-ha.

Thanks man. I don't think there is any way that will be a PJ show. I work at both venues in town here (Conexus and Brandt Centre) and have heard nothing about any PJ shows. The Conexus seats something like 2300 people I think.......no way they'd play here. Brandt Centre is about 6000 I think.......slim to no chance.
  • Options
    I doubt that Hamilton will get a show... Copps Coliseum is booked from September 9-12 for the Canadian Country Music Awards... so the 8th and 13th are out as well. I see Toronto getting 2 shows and London also getting a show.
    2003: Toronto
    2004: Boston 1
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (1&2)
    2007: LOLLAPALOOZA
    2008: Mansfield (1& 2), EV Toronto
    2009:Toronto
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV Detroit, East Troy (1&2), Toronto (1&2) Hamilton
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Detroit
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,019
    hinsey21 wrote:
    good good friend of mine is very involved in the Toronto music industry and always knows what's going down like a month before stuff is announced. I remember when beer baron had announced the aug 21/09 show. I knew that about 2 days before he announced it. I usually know in general about most shows before people. However this is just not the case this time. I can't get anything outta nobody, it's really weird. I did get that they were coming here but that's it. I haven't even heard anything about 2 nights. I am free sept 7th-15th and then I have contracted work 16th and 17th. I really hope I can see everything there is to see in the montreal-toronto areas. It'll break my heart if they're playing GTA 16th or 17th.
    My prediction: PJ have been screwing with our minds. The reason for the hush-hush about Toronto is that PJ20 is happening at Molson Park :lol:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,019
    I doubt that Hamilton will get a show... Copps Coliseum is booked from September 9-12 for the Canadian Country Music Awards... so the 8th and 13th are out as well. I see Toronto getting 2 shows and London also getting a show.
    Well, that would explain the Hamilton on the 15th rumour.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Is this Winnipeg 17th show fairly certain??? Are the sources legit??
  • Options
    hinsey21 wrote:
    Is this Winnipeg 17th show fairly certain??? Are the sources legit??

well legit as they can be without being official?
  • Options
    SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    To save me an epic amount of back reading, would anyone care to fill me in on all the rumored dates, and when we are expecting an official announcement? Monday??
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,572
    Pap wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

niiiice! :D

:mrgreen:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Swordo wrote:
    To save me an epic amount of back reading, would anyone care to fill me in on all the rumored dates, and when we are expecting an official announcement? Monday??
    Just search my post history. I have summed it up nicely a couple of times. Announcement is expected on Monday.