Options

PEARL JAM CANADA 2011

Comments

• Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    )
    Omg. Go try it and tell me how it is. Lol.
    I'm too far south to get good food like that. I think they raise the price of lobster the further south in Canada you go.
    If the Detroit river could support lobster it'd be a different story. All that river supports is evidence and bodies. :D

I will see what I can do. :lol:

I miss getting free lobster.
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    hinsey21 wrote:
    good good friend of mine is very involved in the Toronto music industry and always knows what's going down like a month before stuff is announced. I remember when beer baron had announced the aug 21/09 show. I knew that about 2 days before he announced it. I usually know in general about most shows before people. However this is just not the case this time. I can't get anything outta nobody, it's really weird. I did get that they were coming here but that's it. I haven't even heard anything about 2 nights. I am free sept 7th-15th and then I have contracted work 16th and 17th. I really hope I can see everything there is to see in the montreal-toronto areas. It'll break my heart if they're playing GTA 16th or 17th.
    That is exactly what has me scratching my head here. And that is also what has me throwing out crazy ideas like Massey Hall. In the past, shows at both the ACC and the Ampitheatre have been confirmed long before the 10C announcement. That leaves only two possibilities: (1) The 10C got really pissed in '09 when numerous sources confirmed the show prior to the announcement and they put a major hush order on or (2) Something interesting is in the works that is at neither of the aforementioned venues...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    hinsey21hinsey21 Posts: 582
    [/quote](1) The 10C got really pissed in '09 when numerous sources confirmed the show prior to the announcement

I can confirm this.
  • Options
    hinsey21 wrote:
    (1) The 10C got really pissed in '09 when numerous sources confirmed the show prior to the announcement

I can confirm this.[/quote]
    I can also confirm that ... and one can assume that this resulted in the 2011 dates being kept hush, hush until now. That said, I am still surprised that they haven't somehow leaked on to the Pit.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    hinsey21 wrote:
    (1) The 10C got really pissed in '09 when numerous sources confirmed the show prior to the announcement

I can confirm this.
    I can also confirm that ... and one can assume that this resulted in the 2011 dates being kept hush, hush until now. That said, I am still surprised that they haven't somehow leaked on to the Pit.[/quote]

yeah it is really bizarre. In your opinion Beer Baron, do you see a Hamilton or London show happening?? I mean I really doubt Kitchener...thoughts?
  • Options
    hinsey21 wrote:

yeah it is really bizarre. In your opinion Beer Baron, do you see a Hamilton or London show happening?? I mean I really doubt Kitchener...thoughts?
    Hamilton has been rumoured with a specific date, so I would bet on that. London has been rumoured as well but no dates were thrown around. The bottom line is that with all of the travel to get between the average stop on a Canadian tour, it makes sense to try to squeeze in 4 or 5 shows in Southern Ontario. My guess is that we will get 4 shows in Ontario - 2X Toronto, Hamilton and London. If we get a 5th it will be Ottawa.
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    hinsey21 wrote:

Hamilton has been rumoured with a specific date, so I would bet on that. London has been rumoured as well but no dates were thrown around. The bottom line is that with all of the travel to get between the average stop on a Canadian tour, it makes sense to try to squeeze in 4 or 5 shows in Southern Ontario. My guess is that we will get 4 shows in Ontario - 2X Toronto, Hamilton and London. If we get a 5th it will be Ottawa.

Yeah I would say that all makes sense, i just really hope there in Winnipeg on the 17th, that would insure me not missing any of the Ontario shows
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 89,036
    BeerBaron wrote:
    My guess is that we will get 4 shows in Ontario - 2X Toronto, Hamilton and London. If we get a 5th it will be Ottawa.

2x in Toronto? and maybe a show in Ottawa? Most excellent.

That would be a sweet road trip. Well, first fly in to Montreal from Halifax. Show there. Then drive to Ottawa. Show there. Then drive down to Toronto. 2x show's. Then maybe, just maybe, catch a show in a city south of Toronto. And during this trip check out the PJ Twenty film @ the Toronto Film Festival & visit Greek Town. I'm liking this a lot, atm. ;)
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    And that is also what has me throwing out crazy ideas like Massey Hall.

:shock:

If Pearl Jam played @ Massey Hall, it would be the very last performance @ that place in existence. Pearl Jam would tear down the roof & break the walls down. The amount of enjoy & sound that would happen at that little place would come crashing down. Even an acoustic set, that place would crumble. :P
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    demetrios wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    My guess is that we will get 4 shows in Ontario - 2X Toronto, Hamilton and London. If we get a 5th it will be Ottawa.

That would be a sweet road trip. Well, first fly in to Montreal from Halifax. Show there. Then drive to Ottawa. Show there. Then drive down to Toronto. 2x show's. Then maybe, just maybe, catch a show in a city south of Toronto. And during this trip check out the PJ Twenty film @ the Toronto Film Festival & visit Greek Town. I'm liking this a lot, atm. ;)
    If only that all took place in the first 10 days of September! Now I'm debating the merits of being at a huge fest on the lawn or a smaller show in Canada where my middle of the road 10C number might be better. I really wish PJ20 was not at an amphitheater but a field...
  • Options
    awilkins wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

If only that all took place in the first 10 days of September! Now I'm debating the merits of being at a huge fest on the lawn or a smaller show in Canada where my middle of the road 10C number might be better. I really wish PJ20 was not at an amphitheater but a field...

I just want to know first of all the Canadian dates & what's happening @ Alpine Valley. Especially what ticket's 10club has to offer. Cause if Ticketmaster & Live Nation are in this, to score ticket's to this special event will be a complete nightmare. Imagine if they had an option where you could only buy reserved 10club seats for day 1 and day 2 can only be purchase GA 10club tickets? D'oh! Too much thinking. Not enough sleeping.
  • Options
    not sure if this has been thrown out there....but what about Pearl Jam on olympic island or downsview park???

i don't see at this point why something like that wouldn't happen...thoughts??
  • Options
    hinsey21 wrote:
    not sure if this has been thrown out there....but what about Pearl Jam on olympic island or downsview park???

Oh boy ... I hate both ideas. Olympic Island is the only venue in the city that takes longer to get in and out of than the Ampitheatre and Downsview Park is ... well ... a giant field ...

I am a sucker for arena shows, so I am hoping that the shows will be at the ACC .... it is open on the 11th for the entire week ... so the 11th and 12th would be perfect (Sunday/Monday) ... that whole week is also open at the Ampitheatre, so it could be either venue really...
  • Options
    Is anyone else having trouble focusing on anything other than PJ? My studying is going terribly! :?
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    edited May 2011
    hinsey21 wrote:

I've been to a couple of the Virgin Festivals on Olympic Island and love that venue, but it would be a logistical nightmare and complete clusterfuck with the limited capacity of the ferries...plus, I'm pretty sure the capacity is only around 10,000..

Downsview Park would be a much better choice (at least it's accessible by the subway) and the infrastructure is in place as there's a few concerts going on there this year...the capacity wouldn't be an issue, but it's not the most charming of venues..

i'm not as adverse to seeing PJ at these venues as others may be as i enjoy outdoor shows, but it's highly unlikely it'll happen..
    Post edited by nippleholic on
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    awilkins wrote:
    Is anyone else having trouble focusing on anything other than PJ? My studying is going terribly! :?
    You aren't the only one :oops:
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    awilkins wrote:
    You aren't the only one :oops:
    Ahahaha, you have 10X the posts of me and I have 5 days on you! Is it Monday at 1pm AST yet?
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    demetrios wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

D! If you're in Ottawa I'll show you around!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

D! If you're in Ottawa I'll show you around!

Sweet! 8-)
  • Options
    perrin29perrin29 Posts: 6
    So it doesn't look like any Maritime shows on this tour? That would suck because I remember Halifax getting some great reviews and noted as being one of the best shows on that tour in 05.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    work is sure going to be fun tomorrow cause I get to watch the board all day long
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
    smarchee wrote:
    work is sure going to be fun tomorrow cause I get to watch the board all day long
    I fucked up huge at work today cause of this shit!!! Oops. Lol.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    Rock 102 in Saskatoon just posted on Facebook: "Major concert announcement tomorrow at 10am with Whitney. Huge band through the 90's and beyond. Guesses?"

Saskatoon get's a show!
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • Options
    Rock 102 in Saskatoon just posted on Facebook: "Major concert announcement tomorrow at 10am with Whitney. Huge band through the 90's and beyond. Guesses?"

Saskatoon get's a show!
    Good to hear ... would have been nice of Regina got the show this time though...
  • Options

Saskatoon get's a show!

I hope so. All the best tomorrow! :)
  • Options
    I find it very odd that no one has yet to report a major concert announcement on the Edge in Toronto tomorrow ...
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    Any of you Easties coming out west? If anybody is, I am in Calgary and going to the Edmonton show so if you want to drink a few beers let me know :D
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    rattzey wrote:
    Any of you Easties coming out west? If anybody is, I am in Calgary and going to the Edmonton show so if you want to drink a few beers let me know :D
    Im a westy going to both those shows... am I not invited to drink beers? :lol:
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586

Saskatoon get's a show!

Sniff sniff. Nothing here in Halifax. I was pessimistic, but tried to hold out a little hope. :-(
  • Options
    ROSELLAROSELLA Lima, Peru Posts: 23
    ok ok ok, but PLEASE dont forget they are probably coming to Southamerica this november (i wont believe until i see it in this web)...to think about to attend their shows in southamerica make me want to cry :shock:

P.S.: as a TC proud member, does anyone knows hows the thing about the tickets pre sale??? :mrgreen: