Options

PEARL JAM CANADA 2011

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,522
    ill call in the morning to Canada empassy in Athens to ask if need a visa or something..to be all in order :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,522
    I wan't a weekend date to be able to make it up to Canada ..
    Toronto... :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    Awesome!! I think it's pretty much a given that it will be during TIFF since PJ20 is supposed to be released in Sept. Rumour has it, it will be at TIFF. Hopefully for the out of towners, the hotel situation isn't too crazy/expensive. So glad I live here...don't have to worry about it.

seconded :)

hopefully they do the PJ20 premiere at Roy Thomson Hall so i can just go to work to watch it :D
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    ill call in the morning to Canada empassy in Athens to ask if need a visa or something..to be all in order :)

Sometimes I jog past the Greek embassy here. Should I drop them a line for you? :lol:
  • Options
    jordan k wrote:
    I live in Edmonton guys, I can't say much :D
    Ya, the river/downtwon area of Saskatoon, on a warm sunny summer day, with lots of uni girls walkin around is how I remember it...:lol:

ya I live in the interior of BC so I have very little to truly complain about. You should see me when I have to come to edmonton for work in the winter, a bigger wuss you have never seen hahahahahahaha
    :lol: ya, the older I get, the more I dislike winter here... Calgary's weather sucks, but at least they have the mountains....Saskatchewan...the lakes up north are nice to visit, but the whole province is just too remote for me.....I lived in the BC interior for a couple years (OK valley), and disliked the isolation there too...3 hours to a major city was too much for me...it's grown since I was there, and my priorities have changed...I'd live there again in a heartbeat if I could.
    Actually, if Saskatoon doesn't get a show, I hope YOU guys get one. Kelowna would rule and the drive isn't that much further for me.

I kinda want to see PJ in Calgary just so I can go and see my friends there and see PJ.
  • Options
    jordan kjordan k Posts: 196
    jordan k wrote:
    I live in Edmonton guys, I can't say much :D
    Ya, the river/downtwon area of Saskatoon, on a warm sunny summer day, with lots of uni girls walkin around is how I remember it...:lol:

ya I live in the interior of BC so I have very little to truly complain about. You should see me when I have to come to edmonton for work in the winter, a bigger wuss you have never seen hahahahahahaha
    :lol: ya, the older I get, the more I dislike winter here... Calgary's weather sucks, but at least they have the mountains....Saskatchewan...the lakes up north are nice to visit, but the whole province is just too remote for me.....I lived in the BC interior for a couple years (OK valley), and disliked the isolation there too...3 hours to a major city was too much for me...it's grown since I was there, and my priorities have changed...I'd live there again in a heartbeat if I could.
    Actually, if Saskatoon doesn't get a show, I hope YOU guys get one. Kelowna would rule and the drive isn't that much further for me.

This is my ultimate dream, tenclub show in Kelowna! Lets make it happen!!!
    Key Arena - Nov 05 2000, General Motors Place - May 30 2003, General Motors Place - Sep 02 2005, Canada Olympic Park - Aug 08 2009,Key Arena - Sep 22 2009, GM Place - Sep 25 2009, The O2 - Jun 22 2010, Odyssey Arena - Jun 23 2010, Hyde Park - Jun 25 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Scotiabank Saddledome - Sep 21, 2011, Rexall Place - Sep 23, 2011, Pacific Coliseum - Sep 25, 2011, Portland OR 11-29-2013, Spokane WA 11-30-2013, Vancouver BC 12-04-2013, Seattle WA 12-06-2013, Toronto ON 05-10-2016, Toronto ON 05-12-2016, Seattle WA 08-08-2018, Seattle 08-10-2018

EV Arlene Schnitzer Hall - July 14 2011, EV Benaroya Hall - July 16 2011

• Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    So since there will be no atlantic Canada shows ( no station here is having a Monday announcement so the writing is on the wall), are there any maritimers planning to take in some Montreal/ toronto shows?
  • Options
    have there been any rumours for toronto dates on local radio stations or anything? hope the hotels costs arent jacked up too much, really want to make it up to a few dates up north
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    have there been any rumours for toronto dates on local radio stations or anything? hope the hotels costs arent jacked up too much, really want to make it up to a few dates up north
    Nothing that I have heard ... which is very odd...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I kinda want to see PJ in Calgary just so I can go and see my friends there and see PJ.

my best friend moved to calgary a couple years back and i've been meaning to visit him for a while. yesterday i let him know that he'll be having me crashing at his place for a few days in september.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 89,031
    sward wrote:
    So since there will be no atlantic Canada shows ( no station here is having a Monday announcement so the writing is on the wall), are there any maritimers planning to take in some Montreal/ toronto shows?

I think I'll be doing Montreal & Toronto & another other show's in between or close by these two cities.
  • Options
    faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
    Lol. You will need a passport for sure my friend. We need one just to go into Detroit. It's the law here. :)
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Looking forward to some shows in Alberta, but also hoping to take in a show in Vancouver. The 2009 show was so much fun, and I love visiting Vancouver! Virgin Fest in Calgary was fun, but it was nothing like being on the floor in GM place! Which one of you Calgary guys got them to play Spin the Black Circle with your cardboard record?
    I would also love a Saskatoon show. I have never been east of Medicine Hat on this side of the border...never had a good reason before... ;)
  • Options
    I might be wrong but anyone who is driving only needs an enhanced drivers license and a birth certificate to cross the border. This is for driving only and I would check with customs ahead of time
  • Options
    I might be wrong but anyone who is driving only needs an enhanced drivers license and a birth certificate to cross the border. This is for driving only and I would check with customs ahead of time

You need a passport or a NEXUS card to cross the border. Any Americans coming to Canada ( I think it was mentioned earlier) with any criminal convictions have to apply for entrance. I think someone mentioned having a DUI on their record and Canada sucking for not allowing them into the country. :?
  • Options
    jgardzjgardz Posts: 277
    this is correct for driving only.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Maybe I'm in the minority here (I probably am) but I love how there is piratically no people here with "It's confirmed, book it!" posts for the Canadian tour...For the EV solo shows there were ticket sales posted on sites like Ticketmaster, everyone had threads confirming individual dates, there was every date already confirmed by a friend of a guy's brother and all we were waiting for was the ticket sale times...

This time, no one has really leaked any real dates, I'm looking forward to the announcement this week more than any other announcement in the past 4-5 years...It' going to be an exciting summer/fall...
    You are half right I guess. We do have a few "confirmed" dates - Montreal 9/7, Hamilton 9/15, Winnipeg 9/17 and Edmonton 9/23.

That said, it is shocking that Toronto dates haven't leaked yet. Shocked.
    Getting nervous? :lol:
    Maybe they're just going to play some exclusive/surprise or even private shows around the festival? Would suck for most but be awesome for those that can find ways in...I'd be totally blown away if they didn't do at least one big show there tho....but maybe if they're playing Hamilton and another show in or near the Golden horseshoe, as well as a small gig....you guys get skipped? imagine that....

And...if Winnipeg is the 17th and Edmonton is the 23...that's a big gap. Calgary/Edmonton are the only cities in western canada bands usually do back-to-back...so maybe Sask 19, a break in Banff, then Cal 22 Edm 23? :lol:...so glad this is all going to end soon.
  • Options

You need a passport or a NEXUS card to cross the border. Any Americans coming to Canada ( I think it was mentioned earlier) with any criminal convictions have to apply for entrance. I think someone mentioned having a DUI on their record and Canada sucking for not allowing them into the country. :?
    It's the same fir the states. So we do NOT suck. If you have a DUI and try to get into America they won't let you in. I have countless amounts of friends who have been refused entry into Michigan because of DUI's and petty little charges. Neither country wants small time criminals on their land. Cause after all, getting a DUI makes you a big time criminal. But they have no problem letting boat loads of............ Wait,that's a whole new subject. ;)
    Applying to get in won't do shit either. It's a waste of time. If you get a boarder guard who didn't get laid the night before and has his or her bitch on, your not getting in. That bieng said, back to gran tourismo......
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • Options

It's the same fir the states. So we do NOT suck. If you have a DUI and try to get into America they won't let you in. I have countless amounts of friends who have been refused entry into Michigan because of DUI's and petty little charges. Neither country wants small time criminals on their land. Cause after all, getting a DUI makes you a big time criminal. But they have no problem letting boat loads of............ Wait,that's a whole new subject. ;)
    Applying to get in won't do shit either. It's a waste of time. If you get a boarder guard who didn't get laid the night before and has his or her bitch on, your not getting in. That bieng said, back to gran tourismo......

Oh I know we don't suck :D
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Maybe I'm in the minority here (I probably am) but I love how there is piratically no people here with "It's confirmed, book it!" posts for the Canadian tour...For the EV solo shows there were ticket sales posted on sites like Ticketmaster, everyone had threads confirming individual dates, there was every date already confirmed by a friend of a guy's brother and all we were waiting for was the ticket sale times...

This time, no one has really leaked any real dates, I'm looking forward to the announcement this week more than any other announcement in the past 4-5 years...It' going to be an exciting summer/fall...
    You are half right I guess. We do have a few "confirmed" dates - Montreal 9/7, Hamilton 9/15, Winnipeg 9/17 and Edmonton 9/23.

That said, it is shocking that Toronto dates haven't leaked yet. Shocked.
    Getting nervous? :lol:
    Maybe they're just going to play some exclusive/surprise or even private shows around the festival? Would suck for most but be awesome for those that can find ways in...I'd be totally blown away if they didn't do at least one big show there tho....but maybe if they're playing Hamilton and another show in or near the Golden horseshoe, as well as a small gig....you guys get skipped? imagine that....

And...if Winnipeg is the 17th and Edmonton is the 23...that's a big gap. Calgary/Edmonton are the only cities in western canada bands usually do back-to-back...so maybe Sask 19, a break in Banff, then Cal 22 Edm 23? :lol:...so glad this is all going to end soon.

Hamilton on 9/15? Seriously?? I think my brain just blew up!! :mrgreen::mrgreen: If that is true...
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    sward wrote:

that would be me (even though i'm not technically a maritimer) I'm hope for ottawa in between though, gotta love the train
  • Options
    jgardz wrote:
    this is correct for driving only.

thanks. that is what I thought. I would still double check with customs. this is a link directly to canada customs

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-sec ... s-eng.html
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Lol. You will need a passport for sure my friend. We need one just to go into Detroit. It's the law here. :)
    Planning to hit any shows in the west, face? i still owe you for the favour you did me before the Toronto 09 show...would be happy to return it in 'kind' ;)
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749

Edm Sept 23rd I guarantee it ;) For the past three weeks my source has said the same date without even coming close to changing their mind. As for any other date in Canada.....no idea :lol: If the date here in Edmonton changes, my sources will be dodging eggs for the next month for making me look like an ass :twisted:
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    Planning to hit any shows in the west, face? i still owe you for the favour you did me before the Toronto 09 show...would be happy to return it in 'kind' ;)
    Ha. Awesome. The furthest west I'm going is Wisconsin. Then I'm gonna hit montreal. I really hope they go south to Toronto after that, then I can do that one too.
    I want to go to Montreal cause there is a cooking show I watch called Chucks Day Off. And his restaurant is there. He's amazing. He competed on iron chef too.
    He makes fucking lobster poutine. Omg. As soon as I get tickets I'm making a reservation. Can't wait.
    Ya, I said lobster poutine.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • Options
    Ha. Awesome. The furthest west I'm going is Wisconsin. Then I'm gonna hit montreal. I really hope they go south to Toronto after that, then I can do that one too.
    I want to go to Montreal cause there is a cooking show I watch called Chucks Day Off. And his restaurant is there. He's amazing. He competed on iron chef too.
    He makes fucking lobster poutine. Omg. As soon as I get tickets I'm making a reservation. Can't wait.
    Ya, I said lobster poutine.

There is a restaurant here in Ottawa that does lobster poutine but I haven't gone to try it yet!! I think it must be good as both poutine and lobster are delicious :)
  • Options
    thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    Does anyone have a good guess for the Vancouver date? I know that they'll be announcing it by Monday, but still.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    WTF lobster poutine ? N-A-S-T-Y

I will be a little dissapointed I won't be able to go to the Montreal show if its the date rumoured as I can't get that week off work

hoping for some repeatedly hot southern Ontrario PJ action though
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    RD171825RD171825 Posts: 440
    D! if you're looking for another show to hit up, I suggest you come to Kitchener or London if either of them go down. I will buy you a beer or something... payback for all the boots you've sent me over the years lol
  • Options
    thefin190 wrote:
    Does anyone have a good guess for the Vancouver date? I know that they'll be announcing it by Monday, but still.
    ok what im hearing is edmonton is 100% confirmed for the 23rd, im guessing that pj will play at rogers arena i went to rogers arena website keith urban is playing on the 26th so my guess is either 24th 25th or 27th probs more likely 27th if they play calgary after edmonton, i plan on beening at the van show/s. i hope this info helps you. cheers