PEARL JAM CANADA 2011

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,355
    sward wrote:
    Sniff sniff. Nothing here in Halifax. I was pessimistic, but tried to hold out a little hope. :-(

"... maybe tomorrow ..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgGKSjiw0HQ

*crossing fingers
  • Talked to Ace Burpee (host of HOT103) yesterday at an event, he confirmed PJ in Winnipeg, if anybody was still wondering about that
    This is not for you...
    Speaking as a child of the nineties
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Please god, let there be a Calgary show.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
    Talked to Ace Burpee (host of HOT103) yesterday at an event, he confirmed PJ in Winnipeg, if anybody was still wondering about that

Congrats. :)
  • RD171825RD171825 Posts: 443
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I find it very odd that no one has yet to report a major concert announcement on the Edge in Toronto tomorrow ...

LOL maybe Toronto's not getting a show lol...
  • nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    direwolf74 wrote:
    There 100% is a Calgary show. I got full confirmation of that today
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • apeman77apeman77 Posts: 153
    edited May 2011
    Rock 102 in Saskatoon just posted on Facebook: "Major concert announcement tomorrow at 10am with Whitney. Huge band through the 90's and beyond. Guesses?"

Saskatoon get's a show!

BOOYAH!!!!!

That news just gave me a chubby. Thanks for the heads up nothingman.
    Post edited by apeman77 on
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Merry PJ Tour Announcement Eve everyone
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarchee wrote:

:D
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    direwolf74 wrote:
    There 100% is a Calgary show. I got full confirmation of that today

Cool. Thanks for the info! Just curious, where did you hear this from?
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    smarchee wrote:

:D

haha, I don't think I have a tradition on PJ Tour Announcement Eve

hmmmmm

such a joyous occation :)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    Am I the only one not sold on a tour announcement coming tomorrow? I think PJ20 announcement will come tomorrow, and the Canada hint was just informing us of the next place the band is headed.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    benjs wrote:
    Am I the only one not sold on a tour announcement coming tomorrow? I think PJ20 announcement will come tomorrow, and the Canada hint was just informing us of the next place the band is headed.
    Yes. You are.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    What time does the stark-raving craziness begin exactly? I want to make sure my son's is all set in the morning and I have my tea before it all goes down!!

SO EXCITED!!! **shimmying all around the room**
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    What time does the stark-raving craziness begin exactly? I want to make sure my son's is all set in the morning and I have my tea before it all goes down!!

1pm AST
    edited May 2011
    awilkins wrote:

1pm AST

Soooo...what time is that in Ontario? I am terrible with time zones :oops:
    Post edited by ShimmyMommy on
    awilkins wrote:

1pm AST

Soooo...about 9AM in Ontario? I am terrible with time zones :oops:
    12pm Ontario
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    awilkins wrote:

1pm AST
    Wouldn't it technically be ADT? :)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    awilkins wrote:
    Soooo...about 9AM in Ontario? I am terrible with time zones :oops:
    12pm Ontario
    Thank you :oops: :oops: :oops: *completely embarrassed that I didn't know how to figure that out* never had to pay attention to time zones ever really...until now :lol:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    awilkins wrote:

1pm AST
    Wouldn't it technically be ADT? :)
    :oops:
    I just heard on 95.9 (London radio station) that they will have a HUGE tour announcement during the morning show!!! YEAH BABY!!
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    I just heard on 95.9 (London radio station) that they will have a HUGE tour announcement during the morning show!!! YEAH BABY!!

Saskatoon is announcing at 10AM and now London during the morning show...

They should be announcing before noon eastern. I know that it's 9am their time but they'll be scooped if they wait too long.
  • TT98TT98 Posts: 135
    I know its wishfull thinking, but how about a show in Victoria to warm up for Vancouver! Or 2 Vancouver shows would also do!! :D:D:D
  • Turcotte98 wrote:
    I know its wishfull thinking, but how about a show in Victoria to warm up for Vancouver! Or 2 Vancouver shows would also do!! :D:D:D
    im thinking 2 shows in van is a big possibility!
  • nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    direwolf74 wrote:
    Cool. Thanks for the info! Just curious, where did you hear this from?
    :D Yes, I have a good source
    apeman77 wrote:
    BOOYAH!!!!!

That news just gave me a chubby. Thanks for the heads up nothingman.
    Anytime! I'm excited to catch that show!
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    rattzey wrote:
    Any of you Easties coming out west? If anybody is, I am in Calgary and going to the Edmonton show so if you want to drink a few beers let me know :D
    Im a westy going to both those shows... am I not invited to drink beers? :lol:
    Fellow westy planning on going to those shows and hopefully a couple more...lets all get together and drink! The Easties can join us...but only if they bring out some good Eastern micro-brews...
    Glad to hear you can confirm Calgary...I was a little worried that I wouldn't get a show at home.
  • teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    Halifax needs a show very badly!
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    can t wait..........its like christmas eve
    ajb
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    BeerBaron wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    Yes. You are.
    :lol: Fair enough! I hope everyone else is right... otherwise it'll likely mean no tickets for me for any of these shows since they'd go on sale while I'm away :(
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    Today's the day! Hopefully all the rumored Canadian cities/dates we've been talking these past few months about that are said to have a PJ gig by will come true.

And here's also hoping my family in Atlantic Canada will get to see a show.
    Just one would be sweet.

Cheers! :)