Options

Project #8 - The Whispers of War: Riot Act Live

Comments

• Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    myra wrote:
    Dazzler wrote:
    Been listening to more versions of Get Right to replace my Mansfield 1 suggestion.

I liked Toronto too, but check out Bonner Springs 12/06! Ed's vocals aren't as hot, but Mike is on fire, which the song needs!

Agreed ! That's what we're looking for I reckon. Some twist somewhere along the way, not just a clean live record version ! I think Oklahoma City (04/03) does the trick too. But good call on Bonner Springs !

Which "Get Right" is the best out of these selections?

I still a tie between those two and Toronto for me at the moment. I'm trying to narrow it down. I'm close to putting aside Oklahoma City, but I tend to feel that the vocal part is better than that of Bonner Springs. Not sure yet. Toronto stays in finals :lol: .

I'm almost there ...
  • Options
    DazzlerDazzler Grimsby, UK Posts: 109
    OK, 2002 out.
    The best I Am Mine that I've found that I'm happy with, is Adelaide 16/02, but we have Give Peace A Chance from that show.

The song just doesn't feel as uplifting live, and early in the tour, there are plenty of guitar errors.
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    Dazzler wrote:
    Been listening to more versions of Get Right to replace my Mansfield 1 suggestion.

I liked Toronto too, but check out Bonner Springs 12/06! Ed's vocals aren't as hot, but Mike is on fire, which the song needs!

Agreed ! That's what we're looking for I reckon. Some twist somewhere along the way, not just a clean live record version ! I think Oklahoma City (04/03) does the trick too. But good call on Bonner Springs !

Which "Get Right" is the best out of these selections?

Oklahoma City - Like it. Sounds tight, upbeat, nice start. Great solo as usual :)
    Bonner Springs - sounds good. As Dazzler said, Mike is definitely on fire. I prefer his solo in Oklahoma City more though

for me, Oklahoma is just that bit better than Bonner Springs. Mike is great in both, Ed's vocals seem stronger in Oklahoma City, but that could just be me.
  • Options
    Get Right -

Toronto 06-28? Listening to that now
  • Options

Oklahoma City - Like it. Sounds tight, upbeat, nice start. Great solo as usual :)
    Bonner Springs - sounds good. As Dazzler said, Mike is definitely on fire. I prefer his solo in Oklahoma City more though

for me, Oklahoma is just that bit better than Bonner Springs. Mike is great in both, Ed's vocals seem stronger in Oklahoma City, but that could just be me.

Ahah! No, that's not just you, the vocals are indeed stronger in Oklahoma City. I thought the solo was better in Bonner Springs though.

Have you listened to Toronto ?
  • Options
    myra wrote:

Ahah! No, that's not just you, the vocals are indeed stronger in Oklahoma City. I thought the solo was better in Bonner Springs though.

listened to them both again, agree that Bonner Springs has an effin great solo :) Cleaner finish as well I noticed, Oklahoma is a bit of a messier cut off IMO Those two versions are great though

listening to Toronto for the second time, vocals appear stronger than Bonner Springs, and maybe Oklahoma City too. Solo is definitely cool as well, I like it. But to me this version doesn't seem as great as Bonner Springs or Oklahoma City. They sound more upbeat energetic to me, but I'll listen again
  • Options
    myra wrote:

listened to them both again, agree that Bonner Springs has an effin great solo :) Cleaner finish as well I noticed, Oklahoma is a bit of a messier cut off IMO Those two versions are great though

listening to Toronto for the second time, vocals appear stronger than Bonner Springs, and maybe Oklahoma City too. Solo is definitely cool as well, I like it. But to me this version doesn't seem as great as Bonner Springs or Oklahoma City. They sound more upbeat energetic to me, but I'll listen again

Yeah, somehow Toronto is more balanced yet less 'special' too. So eventually, I think I've moved on to an Oklahoma City / Bonner Springs finals. Here we go again ....
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    myra wrote:

Yeah, somehow Toronto is more balanced yet less 'special' too. So eventually, I think I've moved on to an Oklahoma City / Bonner Springs finals. Here we go again ....

yeah, that's the same for me
    Oklahoma City/Bonner Springs
    Oklahoma - stronger vocals, tighter start IMO
    Bonner Springs - equally as good or slightly better guitar solo, cleaner ending.
    which one do we go with?

on another note:
    Just listened again to the Green Disease we have already got -- it's very good, I love it. Just wanted to point that out :lol:
    and You Are is just fabulous
    Really warming up to this project, opened my eyes to many RA songs I normally don't listen to as much
    Help Help now, love it :)
  • Options
    myra wrote:

yeah, that's the same for me
    Oklahoma City/Bonner Springs
    Oklahoma - stronger vocals, tighter start IMO
    Bonner Springs - equally as good or slightly better guitar solo, cleaner ending.
    which one do we go with?

on another note:
    Just listened again to the Green Disease we have already got -- it's very good, I love it. Just wanted to point that out :lol:
    and You Are is just fabulous
    Really warming up to this project, opened my eyes to many RA songs I normally don't listen to as much
    Help Help now, love it :)

I think I'm tending towards Bonner Springs eventually. A bit 'wilder' IMO and a cleaner ending indeed. I'd say we go with that one.
  • Options
    Dazzler wrote:
    OK, 2002 out.
    The best I Am Mine that I've found that I'm happy with, is Adelaide 16/02, but we have Give Peace A Chance from that show.

The song just doesn't feel as uplifting live, and early in the tour, there are plenty of guitar errors.

Any other options for I am mine besides Adelaide ?
  • Options
    myra wrote:

I think I'm tending towards Bonner Springs eventually. A bit 'wilder' IMO and a cleaner ending indeed. I'd say we go with that one.

after another listen of both, I agree with you.
    if that damn ending for Oklahoma hadn't stood out to me so much I'd be in favour of it.
    But the cleaner ending and the wilder crazier and more energetic guitar solo sold me :)
    I vote for Bonner Springs too
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    For Version 2 we may be looking for a new "Get Right" and "I Am Mine", any suggestions from the board? We had a lot of great suggestions early on. Where has everyone gone off to? We would love to hear people's opinions and suggestions.

For "I Am Mine", have you considered Chicago 03? I think it's a pretty decent version.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    iamica wrote:
    For Version 2 we may be looking for a new "Get Right" and "I Am Mine", any suggestions from the board? We had a lot of great suggestions early on. Where has everyone gone off to? We would love to hear people's opinions and suggestions.

For "I Am Mine", have you considered Chicago 03? I think it's a pretty decent version.

Checking it out now. Thanx !
  • Options
    myra wrote:

if that damn ending for Oklahoma hadn't stood out to me so much I'd be in favour of it.
    But the cleaner ending and the wilder crazier and more energetic guitar solo sold me :)

:thumbup:

Good ! One more to go ... I am mine :)
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    myra wrote:

:) Okay which versions are we looking at?
    We already have something from Adelaide

How was the Chicago one?
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

Sounds promising :D Thanks peeps

I just listened to the bonus tracks as a segment :thumbup: :thumbup: Really enjoyed those - I think that is the best bonus section we have had in our collections - and it really does good in meeting one of our aims of capturing the spirit of a tour. Good stuff all round I think

just listened to them again too. love them, such great versions of each song. vocally Ed sounds great IMO
    I wont back down and I am a patriot are just amazing, I love Ed's vocals in I Won't Back Down.
    And that version of I Am A Patriot is beautiful, sounds great
    Gimme Some Truth sounds so angry, raw and aggressive - I Love it :D
  • Options
    myra wrote:

How was the Chicago one?

Not bad. Needs comparison though. And yeah, we can't use the one from Adelaide, no matter how great it may be, since obviously we couldn't find another Give peace a chance !
  • Options
    myra wrote:

How was the Chicago one?

Not bad. Needs comparison though. And yeah, we can't use the one from Adelaide, no matter how great it may be, since obviously we couldn't find another Give peace a chance !

okay I'll listen to it now
    last one before I go to sleep, don't know why I'm still awake, its past 2 am :shock:
  • Options
    myra wrote:

How was the Chicago one?

last one before I go to sleep, don't know why I'm still awake, its past 2 am :shock:

Yeah, tell me about it ! 3:15 AM here, I'll be up again in less than 4 hours ...
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    myra wrote:

Yeah, tell me about it ! 3:15 AM here, I'll be up again in less than 4 hours ...

3:15 :shock: talk about dedication to the project :lol: a 24/7 contributor

no, seriously, what you still doing up? :o especially if you need to get up again in the morning? (jeez, i sound like a mum there :? :lol: )

anyway I listened to Chicago
    IMO
    it wasnt much better than the one we already have. Didn't stand out as much better or more suitable
    So the search goes on...
  • Options
    myra wrote:

no, seriously, what you still doing up? :o especially if you need to get up again in the morning? (jeez, i sound like a mum there :? :lol: )

IMO
    it wasnt much better than the one we already have. Didn't stand out as much better or more suitable
    So the search goes on...

I just happen to usually stay up very late and I'm NOT a 24/7 contributor :x :lol::lol:
    Anyway ... We'll resume the hunt tomorrow ...
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    myra wrote:
    myra wrote:

IMO
    So the search goes on...

I just happen to usually stay up very late and I'm NOT a 24/7 contributor :x :lol::lol:

Myra is a Pearl Jam fuelled machine - she doesn't need sleep! :lol:
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    Oh, I'm gonen love this one!

Why did you decide upon that version of Help Help?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    myra wrote:

IMO
    So the search goes on...

Myra is a Pearl Jam fuelled machine - she doesn't need sleep! :lol:

:lol:

well I think it's just
    I Am Mine
    that we need to choose but the Chicago one didn't really do anything for me at all.
    I listened to version 1 a few more times last night and I really really love it. Surprisingly I must say if I'm honest. Didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I have been. It has opened up a whole lotta love for Riot Act now
    I Wont Back Down and I Am A Patriot are just great :) :thumbup:
  • Options
    I've been listening to a few versions of I Am Mine from the shows that haven't been taken yet and I really like the version from San Diego 2003-06-05. Though I'm not sure if it's better than Oklahoma :?

Get Right from Bonner Springs is great! :thumbup:
    Darkness comes in waves,... tell me, why invite it to stay?
  • Options
    Project #8 - "Pearl Jam - The Whispers of War: Riot Act Live" **Version 2**

Track List:

Can't Keep - Bristow, Virginia (July 1, 2003)
    Save You - Mexico City, Mexico (July 17, 2003)
    Love Boat Captain - Sydney, Australia (February 11, 2003)
    Cropduster - Phoenix, Arizona (June 7, 2003)
    Ghost - West Palm Beach, Florida (April 11, 2003)
    I Am Mine
    Thumbing My Way - Fargo, North Dakota (June 15, 2003)
    You Are - Mexico City, Mexico (July 18, 2003)
    Get Right - Bonner Springs, Kansas (June 12, 2003)
    Green Disease - Dallas, Texas (June 9, 2003)
    Help Help - Clarkston, Michigan (June 25, 2003)
    Bu$hleaguer - Brisbane, Australia (February 8, 2003)
    1/2 Full - Atlanta, Georgia (April 19, 2003)
    All Or None - Albany, New York (April 29, 2003)
    Give Peace A Chance - Adelaide, Australia (February 16, 2003)
    I Won't Back Down - Vancouver, British Columbia (May 30, 2003)
    I Am A Patriot - Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 3, 2003)
    Gimme Some Truth - Raleigh, North Carolina (April 15, 2003)
    Know Your Rights - Uniondale, New York (April 30, 2003)
    Fortunate Son - Perth, Australia (February 23, 2003)
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    Are there any songs we can grab from the 2003 Philadelphia Spectrum show? Maybe "I Am Mine"??
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    Are there any songs we can grab from the 2003 Philadelphia Spectrum show? Maybe "I Am Mine"??

I'll have a listen to that show as soon as I get back from the dentist
    and I'll also listen to the San Diego one too
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    I have to say that "Gimme Some Truth" from Raleigh, NC was an excellent rendition.

oh fuck yes
    that's exactly what i was thinking
    (and i was there)

and btw
    i love riot act
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Wow...no love for Down.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful