I have listened to that one constantly for 2 weeks :lol:

Glad you like it!

Which one is number 5!! ? :lol:

The Who :roll: :lol::lol:
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    I am tending back towards the Bristow Can't Keep - it has something intense and memorable about it - and the changes in lyrics don't alter the sense of the song.

This is the point at which my brain starts to go fuzzy!

If it's any help, I've listened to both Camden and Bristow back and forth, I like Bristow ten times more. It starts off much better. I'm not so keen on the start of the Camden Can't keep and, considering it's gonna be track 1, well ....

My hunch is we go with Bristow for the Rough Draft at least - it sounds great and sometimes a bit of a lyric change keeps you on your toes. Sometimes I think Ed fluffs his lyrics when he is most getting caught up in the song - I've noticed that a lot over the years. Yeah, I think we go with Bristow and see how it all sounds
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    Leeze wrote:
    Thank you so much for Project #5! :thumbup:

Glad you like it!

:lol::lol: I dig your other compilations as well as well but there were so many songs I didn't hear before on that one - a real pleasure and a good thing to listen to when I go to work :thumbup:
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    Leeze wrote:

Glad you like it!

They've all started to blur into one!! ....are we on project 25 yet? :?

• Options
    Leeze wrote:
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    Glad you like it!

:lol::lol: I dig your other compilations as well as well but there were so many songs I didn't hear before on that one - a real pleasure and a good thing to listen to when I go to work :thumbup:

That's cool. Thanks for saying - is good to know people are still listening. My ipod is crammed full of rough drafts. I need to clear it up a bit I think!

• Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    tremors wrote:

They've all started to blur into one!! ....are we on project 25 yet? :?

We're getting there :thumbup:
    I thought this was going to be project #9 until I checked the title of the thread :lol:
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:

You are very welcome, we are glad that you have enjoyed it so much. :D
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    Wow, who would have ever thought that "Can't Keep" would cause such good debate. That's pretty cool. 8-)
  • Options
    Wow, who would have ever thought that "Can't Keep" would cause such good debate. That's pretty cool. 8-)

I love Can't Keep.... but then I am a Riot Act apologist ;)

• Options
    tremors wrote:

:clap::clap:

YEAH !!
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

:clap::clap:

YEAH !!

Working on this collection is doing nothing to diminish my respect for Riot Act - in fact it's increasing! I can't wait to hear the rough draft. I have been a bit better at streaming the bootlegs through my speakers this time - so a bit quicker to be able to join in. Can you make a 'playlist' at PJbootlegs.org? I'm tempted to do that while waiting for the rough draft. Then again - I do have work to do :lol:

• Options
    DazzlerDazzler Grimsby, UK Posts: 109
    I'm laughing about the fact that I've kinda gotten almost defensive over my choices...

giving bristow Can't Keep another blast, and yeah, the first 2 pre-choruses have been swapped around, but all the lyrics are there, and the sound and energy is far better than all the other versions I've heard.

so, Bristow Can't Keep... good find!

This is why i've gotten so into these projects in recent weeks. The unexpected finds!
  • Options
    Dazzler wrote:
    I'm laughing about the fact that I've kinda gotten almost defensive over my choices...

giving bristow Can't Keep another blast, and yeah, the first 2 pre-choruses have been swapped around, but all the lyrics are there, and the sound and energy is far better than all the other versions I've heard.

so, Bristow Can't Keep... good find!

This is why i've gotten so into these projects in recent weeks. The unexpected finds!

Yeah it's hard when you run something up the flagpole and it sometimes gets shot down. The Porch in general is good for thickening your skin a bit though! Thanks for all your suggestions so far - it's great to have fresh ears and people taking an interest.

• Options
    Where have we got to? I feel like asking Cameron4President that good old question - what's next?

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    Can you make a 'playlist' at PJbootlegs.org? I'm tempted to do that while waiting for the rough draft. Then again - I do have work to do :lol:

You can, but I'm not sure how it works. I've only used it to include several versions of the same song, so they all appear on the same page with my search results. But it should work.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    Where have we got to? I feel like asking Cameron4President that good old question - what's next?

Well I guess it's gonna be to listen to the rough draft and see what needs changing. In the meantime, we can give the Can't keep treatment to some other song if you want :mrgreen:
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Well I guess it's gonna be to listen to the rough draft and see what needs changing. In the meantime, we can give the Can't keep treatment to some other song if you want :mrgreen:

I'm not sure! My brain can start to fog up if I listen to too many things side by side. I wouldn't mind hearing a bit of cropduster magic tho, so if you wanna suggest me three or four versions, I'm game for listening!

I've just been updating my phone software and decided to try out my fancy new browser, so am in my house, but typing on my phone which feels really weird! It's like looking at you down the wrong end of a telescope. I usually reserve that for the train!

• Options
    tremors wrote:

I'm not sure! My brain can start to fog up if I listen to too many things side by side. I wouldn't mind hearing a bit of cropduster magic tho, so if you wanna suggest me three or four versions, I'm game for listening!

I've just been updating my phone software and decided to try out my fancy new browser, so am in my house, but typing on my phone which feels really weird! It's like looking at you down the wrong end of a telescope. I usually reserve that for the train!

Don't you use the app ? That's what I do when I'm waiting for my case to be called up in court :shh: so I can pretend I'm really working on something tremendously important via e-mails, like I'm super busy or something.

I'm off to check Cropduster. :D
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Don't you use the app ? That's what I do when I'm waiting for my case to be called up in court :shh: so I can pretend I'm really working on something tremendously important via e-mails, like I'm super busy or something.

I have a blackberry, and I think the app is only for the iphone. I like a real keyboard! I quite like this phone, but everything is in miniature compared to those big video screens you have! Anyway, they seem to have upgraded my media player as well (I think my software was about two years out of date!). So I'll be listening to the rough draft with even greater clarity!

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

I have a blackberry, and I think the app is only for the iphone. I like a real keyboard! I quite like this phone, but everything is in miniature compared to those big video screens you have! Anyway, they seem to have upgraded my media player as well (I think my software was about two years out of date!). So I'll be listening to the rough draft with even greater clarity!

Cropduster

I found those were interesting for various reasons :
    - Pittsburgh 04/26
    - Raleigh 04/15
    - Phoenix (my favorite of those) 06/07
    - Colombus (the mood is different) 06/24
    - San Antonio (this one is odd, even wondered if it was messed up or not) 04/05

Sucks that you don't have the app on the blackberry. But at least you can use the browser, which you can NOT do with the IPhone and this site. WTF ?
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    myra wrote:

Cropduster

I found those were interesting for various reasons :
    - Pittsburgh 04/26
    - Raleigh 04/15
    - Phoenix (my favorite of those) 06/07
    - Colombus (the mood is different) 06/24
    - San Antonio (this one is odd, even wondered if it was messed up or not) 04/05

Sucks that you don't have the app on the blackberry. But at least you can use the browser, which you can NOT do with the IPhone and this site. WTF ?

Am back at the pc now - was engaged in a bit of technicolour multimedia multitask activity there - was texting, listening to music, reading this, smoking, drinking tea and pacing around all at the same time! :crazy: :crazy:

Will listen to those cropdusters now

• Options
    tremors wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

Ask, you know you want to!!

I hope to have the "Rough Draft" done late tonight, which means that you guys will get it early morning. You will definitely get the "Rough Draft" sometime tomorrow.

Project #8 - "Pearl Jam - The Whispers of War: Riot Act Live" **Rough Draft**

Track List:

Can't Keep - Bristow, Virginia (July 1, 2003)
    Save You - Mexico City, Mexico (July 17, 2003)
    Love Boat Captain - Sydney, Australia (February 11, 2003)
    Cropduster - State College, Pennsylvania (May 3, 2003)
    Ghost - West Palm Beach, Florida (April 11, 2003)
    I Am Mine - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (April 3, 2003)
    Thumbing My Way - Fargo, North Dakota (June 15, 2003)
    You Are - Mexico City, Mexico (July 18, 2003)
    Get Right - Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 2, 2003)
    Green Disease - Dallas, Texas (June 9, 2003)
    Help Help - Hershey, Pennsylvania (July 12, 2003)
    Bu$hleaguer - Brisbane, Australia (February 8, 2003)
    1/2 Full - Atlanta, Georgia (April 19, 2003)
    All Or None - Albany, New York (April 29, 2003)
    Give Peace A Chance - Adelaide, Australia (February 16, 2003)
    I Won't Back Down - Missoula, Montana (May 28, 2003)
    I Am A Patriot - Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 3, 2003)
    Gimme Some Truth - Raleigh, North Carolina (April 15, 2003)
    Know Your Rights - Uniondale, New York (April 30, 2003)
    Fortunate Son - Perth, Australia (February 23, 2003)
    Down - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (April 26, 2003)
  • Options
    Myra and I were just having a bit of a Cropduster session. Incredible how they can get so many different emotions coming out of different performances of the same song - I just listened to four versions, and one was kinda questioning, one comforting, one aggressive, and one kind of twisted!

I also liked the Phoenix version of Cropduster a lot - along with myra - she's got good ears!!

tremors wrote:

I hope to have the "Rough Draft" done late tonight, which means that you guys will get it early morning. You will definitely get the "Rough Draft" sometime tomorrow.

Track List:

• Options
    tremors wrote:

Track List:

This all looks good. I'm going to bed pretty soon, so look forward to hearing the Rought Draft tomorrow. Thanks for all the help from everyone with getting us this far! Much appreciated.

• Options
    Rough Draft is done and is in the process of being sent as I type these words. I have made one minor change to the tracklisting (Down -> Fortunate Son), you will understand why after you listen to it.

Track List:

oh and we are 2:02 over :cry:
  • Options
    Rough Draft is done and is in the process of being sent as I type these words. I have made one minor change to the tracklisting (Down -> Fortunate Son), you will understand why after you listen to it.

Track List:

Thanks - it sounds really really good!

I have some modest suggestions for changes - different Cropduster? (Phoenix??), Reviewing I am Mine to make sure we have the best possible version - could do with some suggestions and some listening comparisons to be done..... Slightly re-jigging the ending to start the bonus material with I am a Patriot - cos I think it sets the tone and mood of the bonus tracks really well. Also, in keeping with this - it is hard to know what to cut, but feeling brutal I would personally cut 'Down' :shock: because I don't think it adds as much to the collection as all the other tracks do.

Really enjoyed this draft though!!

Oh, and we do need to find a better sound quality Help Help.... and I can see the logic in ending as it does now - with the thankyous and goodbyes etc - it rounds it off perfectly!

:thumbup:

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    Myra and I were just having a bit of a Cropduster session. Incredible how they can get so many different emotions coming out of different performances of the same song - I just listened to four versions, and one was kinda questioning, one comforting, one aggressive, and one kind of twisted!

I also liked the Phoenix version of Cropduster a lot - along with myra - she's got good ears!!

8-)

Nicely put, I couldn't pinpoint what was different among those versions, just, you know 'something's different in the mood' :lol:

I'm not bothered with the version we have now, but I'm no Cropduster specialist and if it needs changing, yeah, I'll go with Pheonix. Liked that one !!
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

Track List:

Thanks - it sounds really really good!

I have some modest suggestions for changes - different Cropduster? (Phoenix??), Reviewing I am Mine to make sure we have the best possible version - could do with some suggestions and some listening comparisons to be done..... Slightly re-jigging the ending to start the bonus material with I am a Patriot - cos I think it sets the tone and mood of the bonus tracks really well. Also, in keeping with this - it is hard to know what to cut, but feeling brutal I would personally cut 'Down' :shock: because I don't think it adds as much to the collection as all the other tracks do.

Really enjoyed this draft though!!

Oh, and we do need to find a better sound quality Help Help.... and I can see the logic in ending as it does now - with the thankyous and goodbyes etc - it rounds it off perfectly!

:thumbup:

Yep. Fortunate son is a great closer. Let's cut off Down, it just doesn't feel right where it is, and it shouldn't be anywhere else really. :?