Options

Project #8 - The Whispers of War: Riot Act Live

Comments

• Options
    chickweed wrote:
    I have to say that "Gimme Some Truth" from Raleigh, NC was an excellent rendition.

oh fuck yes
    that's exactly what i was thinking
    (and i was there)

and btw
    i love riot act

i LOVE that version
    the bonus tracks are really great IMO
    seriously, like tremors said they may be the best ones yet
  • Options
    okay, I Am Mine

San Diego 2003-06-05 - I didn't think this one was as good as the one we already have.
    Are there any songs we can grab from the 2003 Philadelphia Spectrum show? Maybe "I Am Mine"??

I Am Mine wasn't played at that, so we'll have to keep searching

I'll have a listen to a few others from some shows we haven't used, see if I can find another I Am Mine
  • Options
    Listened to 2003-04-01 Denver, CO - It was okayish

Listened to 2003-07-18 Palacio De Los Deportes, Mexico City, Mexico - starts off strong, I liked it. Oops just seen we already have You Are from that one.

Listened to 2003-04-05 San Antonio, Texas - hmmm not sure about this one, will have to listen again.

Listened to 2003-04-08 New Orleans, Louisiana - Sounded better than the Denver one and Texas one. Don't know if it's better than Oklahoma. Voice sounds stronger maybe?

Listened to 2003-06-16 St Paul, MN - was okay, maybe not as strong as the others?

Okay
    I'll have another listen later, can't tell the differences anymore haha :lol:
    it's hard because the song itself has an element of subdued-ness (is that a word?) so just picking the rockiest one won't do, it has to be special
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    Listened to 2003-04-01 Denver, CO - It was okayish

Listened to 2003-07-18 Palacio De Los Deportes, Mexico City, Mexico - starts off strong, I liked it. Oops just seen we already have You Are from that one.

Listened to 2003-04-05 San Antonio, Texas - hmmm not sure about this one, will have to listen again.

Listened to 2003-04-08 New Orleans, Louisiana - Sounded better than the Denver one and Texas one. Don't know if it's better than Oklahoma. Voice sounds stronger maybe?

Listened to 2003-06-16 St Paul, MN - was okay, maybe not as strong as the others?

Okay
    I'll have another listen later, can't tell the differences anymore haha :lol:
    it's hard because the song itself has an element of subdued-ness (is that a word?) so just picking the rockiest one won't do, it has to be special

Great work E.L., I'll take it from there :)

I agree that we're not just looking for the rockiest there. Pretty tough that one. Don't really know what I'm hoping to find. I reckon I'll just give a listen to a playlist of 2003 I am mine and see if any version sticks out and I'll keep you posted so we can eventually narrow it down to one that we like better that the current version.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Wow...no love for Down.

Quite the opposite actually :D

Only, it didn't fit within the rest of the bonus tracks, both in flow and mood I reckon, so we had to put it aside for this project. I'm pretty confident it'll show up on another project though. At least I hope so :( .
  • Options
    Oh, I'm gonen love this one!

Why did you decide upon that version of Help Help?

We settled on that one when we had to part with Hershey due to SQ issues. I'm still grieving Hershey actually, but we just couldn't keep it. So we had to find a good one in replacement, without using shows we already used.

Eventually, we went for Clarkston and we're happy with this one so far I reckon.

If you have a better suggestion though, from a 2003 show we haven't used already, let me know, I'm all for a little discussion about Help Help considering you seemed to really like it too :)
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

Myra is a Pearl Jam fuelled machine - she doesn't need sleep! :lol:

Sleep is a waste of time. 8-)
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Sorry - was delayed by work and life from contributing today.

Sounds like the hunt for I am Mine is a difficult one. What was the best contender?, and was it better than our current one, which is actually pretty good I think
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    tremors wrote:

Sounds like the hunt for I am Mine is a difficult one. What was the best contender?, and was it better than our current one, which is actually pretty good I think
    I'm fond of the MSG I version.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    tremors wrote:

8-)

What did you and electricx settle on Myra?

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    tremors wrote:

8-)

nothing yet :? :|

it's a very tough song to pick out which one is the best
    if you check the PM I agree with Myra in how they all sound the same-ish, especially when you listen to it quite a few times.

Out of the ones I listened to - and I may be able to listen to some more while I do some work -
    I liked the New Orleans, Louisiana one (2003-04-08) a lot
    Will have to listen again and compare. Maybe the San Antonio one too, but I'm not sure if they are better than Oklahoma
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

8-)

nothing yet :? :|

it's a very tough song to pick out which one is the best
    if you check the PM I agree with Myra in how they all sound the same-ish, especially when you listen to it quite a few times.

Out of the ones I listened to - and I may be able to listen to some more while I do some work -
    I liked the New Orleans, Louisiana one (2003-04-08) a lot
    Will have to listen again and compare. Maybe the San Antonio one too, but I'm not sure if they are better than Oklahoma

Oklahoma is really good for the second half I think, and leads us really well into Thumbing My Way. So if we have say a possible two other contenders, we should make sure they work as well as our current one - or we could decide just to stick with it I guess

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    Oklahoma is really good for the second half I think, and leads us really well into Thumbing My Way. So if we have say a possible two other contenders, we should make sure they work as well as our current one - or we could decide just to stick with it I guess

Have we decided to keep Oklahoma or are we going to try San Antonio or New Orleans?
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

Have we decided to keep Oklahoma or are we going to try San Antonio or New Orleans?

I think myra was going to do some checking, but I will have a listen to the three right now and give you my reaction

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:

I think myra was going to do some checking, but I will have a listen to the three right now and give you my reaction

yeah I feel like she will probably be the best to decide as she's listened to the most

New Orleans was my favourite out of San Antonio and New Orleans.
    Just don't know if it's better than Oklahoma.
  • Options

yeah I feel like she will probably be the best to decide as she's listened to the most

If it's that close, then we should probably keep the one we have.
  • Options

that's what I was also thinking, probably best thing to do unless myra has anything to add

I've got to say, I love it so far. Been listening to the bonus songs again and again.-- they are great :mrgreen:
  • Options

that's what I was also thinking, probably best thing to do unless myra has anything to add

I've got to say, I love it so far. Been listening to the bonus songs again and again.-- they are great :mrgreen:

Too bad they didn't play that song in Philly, that was a great sounding show.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:

I think San Antonio sounds really good - why don't we try that in place of Oklahoma? Out of the three I think that may work best

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:

I think San Antonio sounds really good - why don't we try that in place of Oklahoma? Out of the three I think that may work best

really?
    I'll have to listen again, give me a second

I remember one of them I thought sounded good, but wasn't sure. Maybe it was San Antonio? maybe I got that mixed up with New Orleans because I felt like I had mixed them up at the time
  • Options
    San Antonio has a nice mournful quality, whereas I think Oklahoma has a more rousing ending - but I think San Antonio may be good within the overall collection. I liked it a lot!

• Options
    tremors wrote:

OK, we can do that if you would like or we can give New Orleans a go. I will check back later and see what you guys have decided and I will send out version 2 according to your choice.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

OK, we can do that if you would like or we can give New Orleans a go. I will check back later and see what you guys have decided and I will send out version 2 according to your choice.

Just listened to it with fresh ears - sounded quite good. much better than i first thought.

New Orleans - Isn't as strong as I remember it, I feel like I may have got those two mixed up.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

I didn't care much too much for New Orleans, but I thought trying San Antonio in the overall mix might work quite well - because I thought I am Mine was a point where Version 1 fell short a bit

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:

I didn't care much too much for New Orleans, but I thought trying San Antonio in the overall mix might work quite well - because I thought I am Mine was a point where Version 1 fell short a bit

New Orleans picks up about half way through, similar to Oklahoma
    but San Antonio appears to be stronger throughout and has a different tone too, a different mood

Should we go with San Antonio?
  • Options

I vote we go for San Antonio, unless myra has major objections. I was reading your discussion about the qualities you thought we needed to have with I am Mine, and I thought this version had a lot of those. I think it may add something to the overall mood, introducing this one.

• Options
    tremors wrote:

I vote we go for San Antonio, unless myra has major objections. I was reading your discussion about the qualities you thought we needed to have with I am Mine, and I thought this version had a lot of those. I think it may add something to the overall mood, introducing this one.

yeah I agree with you

Let's go with San Antonio,
    if it doesn't fit we can just stick with Oklahoma (unless myra has something else)
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

yeah I agree with you

Let's go with San Antonio,
    if it doesn't fit we can just stick with Oklahoma (unless myra has something else)

:thumbup:

• Options
    San Antonio it is.

Project #8 - "Pearl Jam - The Whispers of War: Riot Act Live" **Version 2**

Track List:

Can't Keep - Bristow, Virginia (July 1, 2003)
    Save You - Mexico City, Mexico (July 17, 2003)
    Love Boat Captain - Sydney, Australia (February 11, 2003)
    Cropduster - Phoenix, Arizona (June 7, 2003)
    Ghost - West Palm Beach, Florida (April 11, 2003)
    I Am Mine - San Antonio, Texas (April 5, 2003)
    Thumbing My Way - Fargo, North Dakota (June 15, 2003)
    You Are - Mexico City, Mexico (July 18, 2003)
    Get Right - Bonner Springs, Kansas (June 12, 2003)
    Green Disease - Dallas, Texas (June 9, 2003)
    Help Help - Clarkston, Michigan (June 25, 2003)
    Bu$hleaguer - Brisbane, Australia (February 8, 2003)
    1/2 Full - Atlanta, Georgia (April 19, 2003)
    All Or None - Albany, New York (April 29, 2003)
    Give Peace A Chance - Adelaide, Australia (February 16, 2003)
    I Won't Back Down - Vancouver, British Columbia (May 30, 2003)
    I Am A Patriot - Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 3, 2003)
    Gimme Some Truth - Raleigh, North Carolina (April 15, 2003)
    Know Your Rights - Uniondale, New York (April 30, 2003)
    Fortunate Son - Perth, Australia (February 23, 2003)
  • Options
    San Antonio it is.

Project #8 - "Pearl Jam - The Whispers of War: Riot Act Live" **Version 2**

Track List:

Can't Keep - Bristow, Virginia (July 1, 2003)
    Save You - Mexico City, Mexico (July 17, 2003)
    Love Boat Captain - Sydney, Australia (February 11, 2003)
    Cropduster - Phoenix, Arizona (June 7, 2003)
    Ghost - West Palm Beach, Florida (April 11, 2003)
    I Am Mine - San Antonio, Texas (April 5, 2003)
    Thumbing My Way - Fargo, North Dakota (June 15, 2003)
    You Are - Mexico City, Mexico (July 18, 2003)
    Get Right - Bonner Springs, Kansas (June 12, 2003)
    Green Disease - Dallas, Texas (June 9, 2003)
    Help Help - Clarkston, Michigan (June 25, 2003)
    Bu$hleaguer - Brisbane, Australia (February 8, 2003)
    1/2 Full - Atlanta, Georgia (April 19, 2003)
    All Or None - Albany, New York (April 29, 2003)
    Give Peace A Chance - Adelaide, Australia (February 16, 2003)
    I Won't Back Down - Vancouver, British Columbia (May 30, 2003)
    I Am A Patriot - Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 3, 2003)
    Gimme Some Truth - Raleigh, North Carolina (April 15, 2003)
    Know Your Rights - Uniondale, New York (April 30, 2003)
    Fortunate Son - Perth, Australia (February 23, 2003)

Great - looking forward to this.