Project #8 - The Whispers of War: Riot Act Live

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    The Whispers of War: Riot Act Live

Cover.jpg

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... -live.html

The Whispers of War: Riot Act Live was another great project to work on – helped by some excellent contributions from the Message Pit, and the luxury of having A LOT of official bootlegs to draw on from the 2003 tour. We are all very pleased with the results – with a really strong collection of Riot Act tracks and a unique ending of 6(!) bonus tracks all with a strong message, which hopefully succeeds in meeting one of our wider aims for these projects – capturing the spirit of a tour. The bonus tracks are a powerful set of numbers with a lot of strong feeling coming from Eddie and the band.

Highlights of the Riot Act section for us include You Are, Help Help, Thumbing My Way (the only 'electric' version of the tour), All Or None, and Ghost, with a large number of songs really benefiting from the live treatment. Selecting the final version of I am Mine caused some headaches..... with Myra attempting to listen to 27 versions straight at one point!! :) . We found that it was going to be hard to match the majesty of the studio version with I am Mine live, but we think we have chosen one of the strongest versions, to keep the mood of the album rolling along well. This collection is another favourite of ours!

Overall a project which we have greatly enjoyed working on and listening to, and one we hope you will enjoy listening to as well!

I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Bump for anyone that's not seen this yet. Enjoy
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    +1
  • Options
    I just have to say, these have all been amazing so far. The time and effort you guys put in to compile these fresh takes on all of these albums is astounding. To me these are as big a part of the 20th anniversary as things like the Vs/Vitalogy reissues, PJ Fest, and the documentary. Each of these feels like a time capsule of the band at that particular time and we're all very lucky to have such creative and determined fans such as you among us putting these together for everyone to celebrate the first 20 years of one of the greatest bands ever. Thanks very much!!! :clap: :thumbup:
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • Options
    I just have to say, these have all been amazing so far. The time and effort you guys put in to compile these fresh takes on all of these albums is astounding. To me these are as big a part of the 20th anniversary as things like the Vs/Vitalogy reissues, PJ Fest, and the documentary. Each of these feels like a time capsule of the band at that particular time and we're all very lucky to have such creative and determined fans such as you among us putting these together for everyone to celebrate the first 20 years of one of the greatest bands ever. Thanks very much!!! :clap: :thumbup:

Thank you so much. Your kind words mean a lot to all of us that participate on these projects, and I can tell you that comments like these are why we continue to enjoy doing these projects. :D
  • Options
    TheRealDanPatchTheRealDanPatch Posts: 1,854
    edited March 2011

Cover.jpg

The Whispers of War: Riot Act Live was another great project to work on – helped by some excellent contributions from the Message Pit, and the luxury of having A LOT of official bootlegs to draw on from the 2003 tour. We are all very pleased with the results – with a really strong collection of Riot Act tracks and a unique ending of 6(!) bonus tracks all with a strong message, which hopefully succeeds in meeting one of our wider aims for these projects – capturing the spirit of a tour. The bonus tracks are a powerful set of numbers with a lot of strong feeling coming from Eddie and the band.

Highlights of the Riot Act section for us include You Are, Help Help, Thumbing My Way (the only 'electric' version of the tour), All Or None, and Ghost, with a large number of songs really benefiting from the live treatment. Selecting the final version of I am Mine caused some headaches..... with Myra attempting to listen to 27 versions straight at one point!! :) . We found that it was going to be hard to match the majesty of the studio version with I am Mine live, but we think we have chosen one of the strongest versions, to keep the mood of the album rolling along well. This collection is another favourite of ours!

Overall a project which we have greatly enjoyed working on and listening to, and one we hope you will enjoy listening to as well!

Post edited by TheRealDanPatch on
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051

Thank you so much. Your kind words mean a lot to all of us that participate on these projects, and I can tell you that comments like these are why we continue to enjoy doing these projects. :D

+1

Thanks a lot!!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options

Cover.jpg

• Options

Cover.jpg

BUMP
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    tremors wrote:
    +1

+ 2
  • Options

Cover.jpg

• Options
    stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    This is a great project you are doing and thank you very much.

I just wanted to know why DOWN isn't on here???...are you also gonna be doing a Lost Dogs project too? :)
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options

I just wanted to know why DOWN isn't on here???...are you also gonna be doing a Lost Dogs project too? :)

Thank you, we're glad you're enjoying it :-)

About Down, it just didn't fit :
    myra wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Wow...no love for Down.

Quite the opposite actually :D

Only, it didn't fit within the rest of the bonus tracks, both in flow and mood I reckon, so we had to put it aside for this project. I'm pretty confident it'll show up on another project though. At least I hope so :( .
  • Options
    stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    myra wrote:

Thank you, we're glad you're enjoying it :-)

About Down, it just didn't fit :
    myra wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Wow...no love for Down.

Quite the opposite actually :D

Only, it didn't fit within the rest of the bonus tracks, both in flow and mood I reckon, so we had to put it aside for this project. I'm pretty confident it'll show up on another project though. At least I hope so :( .

I guess that is what I get for not reading the whole thing..haha...

Thank you again...it really is great work you guys are doing. :)
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    I guess that is what I get for not reading the whole thing..haha...

:shock: You mean you didn't read the whole thread ?!

;-) :lol:
  • Options
    Project #9 Starts Tomorrow

Cover.jpg

• Options