Options

the "car guy" thread

Comments

• Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    the challenger is big fat pig of car. :lol:

funny thing...dimensions are almost exactly the same as the camaro.

actually, i have no problem with classic mopars. newer one's don't do much for me tho.

at least we can agree......the mustang is a turd. :P

We couldnt possibly have any more different taste in cars. I cant stand corvettes, and the new viper is pretty sweet. I also like mustangs, as long as its at least a GT and not a mid 90's one.

:lol::lol:

pretty much.

i saw your BMW tweet and thought...rice for the rich. :lol:

so american cars are rice for the poor? :?: :lol: i dont get your logic. rice is an economy car with terrible modifications.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i saw your BMW tweet and thought...rice for the rich. :lol:

so american cars are rice for the poor? :?: :lol: i dont get your logic. rice is an economy car with terrible modifications.[/quote]

:lol:

my logic was "rice" is typically a cheap car like a civic, neon, focus...something liek that. an econo box.

in this case, you hace a BMW that looks like something that a rich kid would put together since they had the money to buy a better car to start with.

BMW/Mercedes/Lexus...none of those cars do anything for me in stock or modded form. i'm sure they are nice cars and perform well, but they do nothing for me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    BMW/Mercedes/Lexus...none of those cars do anything for me in stock or modded form. i'm sure they are nice cars and perform well, but they do nothing for me.

Not even this one?

http://www.lexus.com/LFA/index.html
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Not even this one?

http://www.lexus.com/LFA/index.html

nope

375,000?

but even throwing out the price, it only looks good from the side view. the front and rear view do nothing for me.

if i'm going super car, i'm going ferrari...enzo preferred
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    nope

375,000?

but even throwing out the price, it only looks good from the side view. the front and rear view do nothing for me.

if i'm going super car, i'm going ferrari...enzo preferred
    For those specs, I'd save $265K and go with the ZR1.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:

agreed.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

agreed.

I've had the benefit of sitting in one of these. I don't currently work for Lexus but what I'll tell you it's the little stuff. The fit and finish is what sets it apart. Comparing this car to a ZR1 is like comparing a Rolex to a Timex. Both will tell you the time but one just does it in a slightly nicer way.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

agreed.

I've had the benefit of sitting in one of these. I don't currently work for Lexus but what I'll tell you it's the little stuff. The fit and finish is what sets it apart. Comparing this car to a ZR1 is like comparing a Rolex to a Timex. Both will tell you the time but one just does it in a slightly nicer way.

for that 250K, you could redo the interior and make it as nice as you want. :lol:

and for the record.....i'd take a breitling over a rolex :P :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

agreed.

That better be a hell of an interior for that much! That is just a crazy amount to spend on a car. I'd rather have a Porche 911 turbo or a Corvette.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    That better be a hell of an interior for that much! That is just a crazy amount to spend on a car. I'd rather have a Porche 911 turbo or a Corvette.

Hard to describe. The doors close effortlessly. Ergonomically everything is perfect. Not a single stitch in the interior is out of place. It might not be the fastest, least expensive, best looking etc. sports car on the market, but it's the most refined by far. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

Hard to describe. The doors close effortlessly. Ergonomically everything is perfect. Not a single stitch in the interior is out of place. It might not be the fastest, least expensive, best looking etc. sports car on the market, but it's the most refined by far. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    you can say that again.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/could-next-ford-mustang-145308691.html

Ummmm... :? WTF are they doing? Why even call that a Mustang, it looks nothing like one. I have a feeling this is going to be a bad move for Ford if this is the direction they go.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

Ummmm... :? WTF are they doing? Why even call that a Mustang, it looks nothing like one. I have a feeling this is going to be a bad move for Ford if this is the direction they go.

guessing 12345 will like it, since i think it's butt. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

guessing 12345 will like it, since i think it's butt. :lol:

Yes, I'm sensing a trend here :lol: And I've pretty much agreed with your tastes too, there's something about American muscle cars that draws me in.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

I don't see the car with your link? :?
  • Options
    evosstang.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    evosstang.jpg

1974_mustang_hatchback_orange_001.jpg
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    My guy got himself the 2010 Camaro SS for his 37th birthday - I've rarely heard such pure, unadulterated joy in his voice as when he phoned me after picking it up.

It's gorgeous! And purrs with a badass underlying rumble.

And I have yet to drive it - not because he doesn't want me to (he encourages me to, actually), but because I'm a pussy. It's bulkier, lower, heavier than my car...it intimidates me, I'll admit it.

When my car goes (which could be soon, who knows - '97 Integra, but in pretty good shape and low miles), I'd love to get the Challenger. Had a blast doing a short test-drive awhile back and felt pretty comfortable in it, despite it being similar in size to the Camaro.

I also like the Pontiac Solstice hard-top, though I understand they're pretty difficult to find now.

I haven't made it through the whole thread yet - but has anyone mentioned the Barrett Jackson auctions on the Speed channel? Now THERE are some beauts. Some seem fairly reasonable in price too, considering the work that's been put into them.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    81 wrote:
    evosstang.jpg

Definitely dont like that.... as a mustang. as something else? maybe.

There are very few american cars I like anyway. The only way I would ever own an american car is if I was dumb rich and could afford many cars.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    81 wrote:

my logic was "rice" is typically a cheap car like a civic, neon, focus...something liek that. an econo box.

Back in 2000-2002 I was part of an Acura Board Forum (I had an Acura then) and if you made a post with the word 'rice' in it...It would end up being censored (weird)..So when a poster wanted to use the term/word 'rice' or 'ricer'...They had to type 'rice' like this...'r1ce or 'r1cer''. :lol:

Apparently 'Rice' is generally (like you said) typically an econo box type car. But one that's made in Japan (specifically). Because in japan they eat lot's of rice, :eh: and many people found it to be like a racial slur, or something like that.
    -

New Porsche Super car....the 918 Spyder, 770hp...It's the successor to the Carrera GT.

http://www.gizmag.com/porsche-hybrid-918-spyder-770-hp/22551/
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    evosstang.jpg

Definitely dont like that.... as a mustang. as something else? maybe.

There are very few american cars I like anyway. The only way I would ever own an american car is if I was dumb rich and could afford many cars.
    Good thing i am both :lol:

Or not
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    and the Jeep Liberty is officially dead.

thank god.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    67 Camero RS/SS here
  • Options
    67 Camero RS/SS here

nice
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    saw the new Scion FR-S sat at the dealer...reminded me of a mini 350Z. i actually liked it and thought it looked pretty sharp, to bad it only comes with 200 ponies.... and with a startingn price of 25K, there are plenty of better bang for the buck choices
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    This was 96 Dodge Intrepid until I got into an "accident"

IMAG1850-1.jpg
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    This was 96 Dodge Intrepid until I got into an "accident"

IMAG1850-1.jpg

8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    My uncle who just recently sold his 63 Corvette Stingray bought a hot rod a few weeks ago. Think he told me it was a '32 Ford Roadster. pretty sweet:
    Untitled.jpg
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Next Generation of Hyper Cars

Ferrari

The F150 is likely to be powered by a 6.3-litre V12 producing in excess of 800PS of power, with an extra 150PS of power courtesy of a Formula 1-style KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System). The car is claimed to accelerate from 0-100 kmph in 3 seconds and get past 200kmph in about 7 seconds, before hitting a top speed of 370kmph.

http://www.oncars.in/Car-News-Detail/Ferrari-reportedly-releases-more-details-on-Enzo-replacement/3619

http://jalopnik.com/5981779/the-ferrari-f150s-engine-note-will-give-you-a-massive-eargasm

Porsche

http://jalopnik.com/porsche-918-spyder/

Cars before these were the Carrera GT and the Enzo Ferrari