Comments

• Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    New Mini Coupe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M07Nsje8LKc

I like it, also sounds great.

• Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    I'm married to a car guy. Maybe I could start a thread for the car guy widows? ;)

Funny you talking about how there isn't a thread dedicated to cars. About 2 weeks ago I almost started one. My husband sold the 66 Volvo P1800 that he'd owned since 1983. It got me to thinking about how sentimental we are about our cars, even giving them names. I was curious if other people are like that.

I'm married to a car guy too. He's got 2 '66 chargers, a '66 impala, and a 99 Durango. Mopars....and the chevy.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Lizardjam wrote:
    I'm married to a car guy. Maybe I could start a thread for the car guy widows? ;)

Funny you talking about how there isn't a thread dedicated to cars. About 2 weeks ago I almost started one. My husband sold the 66 Volvo P1800 that he'd owned since 1983. It got me to thinking about how sentimental we are about our cars, even giving them names. I was curious if other people are like that.

I'm married to a car guy too. He's got 2 '66 chargers, a '66 impala, and a 99 Durango. Mopars....and the chevy.
    Likes the muscle cars, does he? He has good taste.

People who are into cars often ask me why my prince didn't go for muscle cars, seeing as we grew up in the 60s. But he lived in England when he was a boy so his greatest weakness is old British sports cars.

Besides the Volvo P1800, which was his first restoration (and truly, I couldn't believe when he sold it, I thought he'd be buried in it), we've had a 75 Volvo 164 for me, which I gave up kicking and screaming after 10 years. Then he brought home a 61 Austin Healey Sprite in pieces, which eventually became his daily driver for 7 years. He got tired of thinking that an SUV would drive over him some day and replaced it with a 67 MGBGT. That's his current ride. Since selling the P1800 he's been looking around for a new project and surprised me a couple of weeks ago by buying a 71 Mercedes sedan. It's not running but it was such a great buy! :roll: :lol: He thinks it will take him about a year to get it road worthy.

The truth of it is, I'm really proud of him. And he could have a lot worse hobbies!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    'Top Gear' Fans?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBClc6G_ ... re=related

Lamborghini Aventador
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,804
    Lizardjam wrote:

Daddy!!!! I finally found you after all these years. Can I have the car keys please?

Mopar muscle rocks!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:

Daddy!!!! I finally found you after all these years. Can I have the car keys please?

Mopar muscle rocks!!
    Mopar Nationals in town this weekend and I missed it. GRRRR.. But , driving home from work this afternoon, I was blessed with the sight of a 70 Hemi Cuda, 70 Superbee and a 65-66 Coronet. No way I could have took pics and maintained my usual 80 in a 65!!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Mopar muscle rocks!!
    Mopar Nationals in town this weekend and I missed it. GRRRR.. But , driving home from work this afternoon, I was blessed with the sight of a 70 Hemi Cuda, 70 Superbee and a 65-66 Coronet. No way I could have took pics and maintained my usual 80 in a 65!!!! :mrgreen:

OOH!! We wanted to go to that! We did go to the pomona car swapmeet this weekend. He has 2 friends and his sister have old cars..66 impala, 65 Riviera, and either a 66 or 65 Fury. If you don't know what the pomona swapmeet is, google it. It's all our so cal car guy's dreams. We met a couple people from England there the last time that came over just to get an old MOPAR at the swapmeet. We hang out, look at cars, shop and BBQ.

Mikeyrat...our daughter has already claimed one of the chargers and I'm claiming the caprice once it's all hooked up!! Actually, I'm going to help work on it. We're more of a car family... :)

If you look at our dvr...it's 4X4 Trucks, Top Gear, Gearz, Horsepower TV, Hot Rod TV, Muscle Car, My Ride rules...I think I could go on but you get the picture. There are a few things of mine too!

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• Options
    Here are a couple pics from the weekend. I think more people should start posting car pics!!

P8130644-1.jpg

P8130646-1.jpg

• Options

• Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Idris wrote:
    New Mini Coupe

Ive seen two of them already. One at the dealership on display for a few days, and the other on the parkway an exit or two down from BMW's headquarters in NJ. The one I saw driving was the same one from that video. It was SOOOO nice.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    New Mini Coupe

Ive seen two of them already. One at the dealership on display for a few days, and the other on the parkway an exit or two down from BMW's headquarters in NJ. The one I saw driving was the same one from that video. It was SOOOO nice.

Niiice, I'll have to make my way to the dealership one of these day's for a test drive.

Can't remember if I posted about this Mini Concept before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=243Oe0FY ... re=related

all that sweeeet carbon fibre... 8-)
  • Options
    Idris wrote:

Niiice, I'll have to make my way to the dealership one of these day's for a test drive.

Can't remember if I posted about this Mini Concept before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=243Oe0FY ... re=related

all that sweeeet carbon fibre... 8-)

There actually not out yet. I think they're coming out this October. And I saw that concept before, its pretty cool but nothing that would ever see the light of day. I just want MINI to come out with a stripped down, lighter Cooper S thats basically a track car.

edit: duhhh. they already did. Basically a new version of this one:
    http://www.motoringfile.com/2006/12/18/ ... ew-jcw-gp/
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    supercharge the truck...only 4500 bucks. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    http://ca.autoblog.com/2011/09/29/five- ... ment-by-s/

Five vehicles identified to be forfeited to B.C. government by street racing teens

by Daniel Ponzini (RSS feed) on Sep 29th 2011 at 4:00PM

It has been a while since we heard any updates on the alleged B.C. teens street racing incident that saw numerous exotics yanked off the street and locked away in impound lots. The last we heard was that theB.C. government was intending to permanently seize five vehicles and auction them off. Well the word is now out on which five vehicles the lawsuit is aiming to take possession over - two Lamborghinis, an Aston Martin, a Mercedes SLS AMG and a Nissan GT-R.

The director of civil forfeiture would like to see the vehicles be put up on the auction block and make the teens feel the pain metaphorically to what their dangerous driving could have resulted in. Out of the five vehicles, one was driven by a minor, and an additional two were operated by novice drivers. The driver of the Nissan GT-R only holds a driver's licence issued by the People's Republic of China.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Mmmm... gtr! I nearly bought a 350z, but the roadtax would've been €1500 a year.

I got a Mazda RX8 instead.

You guys in the states are lucky - cars are cheap and twice as powerful as ours here.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Currently this is the only car I care about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IfJjMbjT0U

A pure drivers car. Small, "lightweight" (for todays standards) simple interior, front engine RWD simplicity.

BMW>all
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

not a fan of bmw i guess?
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Meh - that just looks like every other 5 series out there driven by a suit. Much prefer the older early-mid 90's 5's.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Meh - that just looks like every other 5 series out there driven by a suit. Much prefer the older early-mid 90's 5's.

Its whats inside that counts :P

Having said that, that 90s 5 series cars were pretty sweet indeed.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

nope

bmw, mercedes, lexus...they do nothing for me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I guess what the M5 had going for it is that it is exactly whats on the inside that counts. Around these parts, most of 'em have been debadged, whereas you see crappy 3 series with M sport badges on em :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    81 wrote:

speaking of cars i don't like....what's the deal with the new oversized mini?

i was beside one last night at a light....that dashboard was butt ugly.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

speaking of cars i don't like....what's the deal with the new oversized mini?

i was beside one last night at a light....that dashboard was butt ugly.

I dunno. I don't really care for em either. I like actual small cars. not ones pretending to be small.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options

A pure drivers car. Small, "lightweight" (for todays standards) simple interior, front engine RWD simplicity.

BMW>all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl-IuxWE ... ata_player

New Jeremy Clarkson DVD out,

Rates the 1M as most fun.
  • Options
    Idris wrote:

BMW>all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl-IuxWE ... ata_player

New Jeremy Clarkson DVD out,

Rates the 1M as most fun.

!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST.GET.IT.NOW

Jeremy clarkson is my friggin idol....well in an immature funny kinda way.

Jennytree: there's one 3 series Witt the m-sport package that is amazing. The E46 ZHP package. It's got loads of things that makes it much better. 10 more hp, higher redline, lower and stiffer, different rear dif for accel, factory short shifter, quicker steering ratio, M tech body kit, etc. amazing car
    8/7/08, 6/9/09