Options

Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Atlanta 98. These tapers did such an incredible job on the Yield tour.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    RB90590RB90590 Posts: 227
    Been listening to a few shows I taped years ago on mini disc, and transferring them to CD in the process. So far it's Tool (Seattle 98), Rockfords first show (Seattle 2000), Neil Finn Seattle 2002 is on now (EV comes out for a few songs)

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,488
    Buffalo 2013
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Toronto 09
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    St. Louis 2000. I hope this crowd shows up in oct
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,535
    Calgary '13..i love it
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,323
    edited May 2014
    Oklahoma 16/11/13 on TC Radio right now! :D
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    edited May 2014
    Santa Barbara 2006
    A beautiful first section/main set of "mini-Gorge" wonderfulness. Oceans is quite good, despite one wrong line by Ed, but he covers it up well. Small Town is dependable, but Low Light is sublime. The rare Waiting On A Friend cover is near perfection. Ed's soft vocals shine on it. Hard To Imagine follows, and it too is very strong. Daughter is a quick version, fitting in nicely. Ed tells the story about how Johnny Ramone told him that PJ had done well with teen death songs like Last Kiss and Jeremy. Last Kiss naturally follows. Come Back is an appropriate choice to come next before going into a marvelous version of Black. Mike's solo feels brief but certainly effective. Ed too adds a haunting, "You take the pain away" tag. Crazy Mary concludes this sort of unique slower song main set. It's an incredibly tight performance by the entire band throughout all these aforementioned songs. There's not too many wow moments, but I got to say I think Ed steals the show (in these opening 10 songs anyway). His vocals are exceptionally smooth and strong for this set.

The band takes a few minutes before the first encore, or second section of the show. Interstellar Overdrive-Corduroy gets us going and the blood pumping. Matt comes alive in Corduroy, forceful and exciting. Mike too absolutely is on fire during the solo, and he plays a brooding riff during the interlude before the solo. All in all, it's one of the best versions of Corduroy out there. Very lively renditions of Severed Hand and WWS are next. The intro of GTF gives a chance to catch a breath, but only for a moment. It too is played with good energy. Marker in the Sand is an exquisite choice to follow GTF. Some of the guitar work, Mike in the beginning and a little bit of Stone later on, is just a hair off. Still, it's a solid and competent performance. Stone's riff is extra groovy during Mike's solo in Even Flow. Matt's drum solo is extra dynamic and epic as well. Whipping feels a bit faster tempo than the norm, Matt's tom work is excellent. I Got Shit is a tight play. Matt is still killing it. U is a fun play with Ed forgetting the bridge, the band skipping it to where it's hardly noticeable, and Ed playing it after the song ends. He said he was too busy thinking about "nature, god, humans, and how the 3 add up....it's evolution baby" then Stone begins the energetic DTE. Mike providing chug-like riffs aplenty, and Stone's solo is sweet. It's Porch that ends the second section/first encore. Mike and Stone sound much heavier than usual during the extended jam; excellent stuff. Actually, this whole section/encore of the show was largely ferocious and so energetic throughout.

After Ed thanking the crowd for participating in the experimental set for the night, a solid play on Big Wave keeps the energy up going into the final encore. Its subtle outro leads well into Betterman (a combo that looked weird on paper). Betterman doesn't have a tag, fitting in the set much more effectively because of it. We then get a triple shot of Avocado; Comatose-Wasted Reprise- Life Wasted. All are dependable, good renditions from the entire band. RITFW is sprightly played, the ending is quite good. A powerful Ledbetter sends us off.

What a fantastic bootleg and beautifully done setlist. This one's been a favorite of mine for some time. The setlist is clearly what makes it semi-unique, but the tight performance to reinforce the nice set sends it over the top. A top 20 bootleg for me.

I just realized the mass shooting took place in Santa Barbara today. To review this boot on the same day, mere hours before it occurred is chilling.
    Post edited by TamaDrummer91 on
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Pap said:

Oklahoma 16/11/13 on TC Radio right now! :D

Love that bootleg. Listened to it several times, still my favorite boot of 2013.

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Detroit Night1 2003
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    2000-05-25 Barcelona
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options

2000-05-25 Barcelona

Another one of my favorites. A few rough edges in that one where it was only the second gig of 2000, but its a lovely boot all around. Great vibes and a good set.

• Options
    nickburrows14nickburrows14 Posts: 858
    First 2006 Gorge show.
    Happy up here in my tree
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Spokane '13

Pendulum opens again, Ed appears slightly off time straightaway and sometimes it feels like musically it's not quite right. Ed singing 'Easy left me a long time ago' though is magnificent, really showing his range. The latter half of the song is definitely performed better. Release is simply haunting, Ed changing the lyrics from 'Oh dear Dad' at one point but I couldn't decipher what too. Sirens third in is a surprise, though not a great performance. I've said it before and hate to sound repetitive about this song but the performances of it so far have either been really good or really bad. Corduroy isn't the strongest performance ever, Once is also a nice surprise to see early on. Overall it's a good mix for the opening 5 songs, a tweaks different from the usual format on the tour. Ed then greets the crowd, saying they will thanks everyone who got the gig together later but they really need to thank one guy for making it happen and that is Jeff Ament. Lightning Bolt kicks off the music again, with Mind Your Manners following. Faithfull is an excellent choice to follow these two. Tremor Christ makes a rare appearance and there is some lovely funky guitar work early on in Even Flow. Getaway again just doesn't cut it live, the guitars are downtuned too much compared to the studio version. At the end of Present Tense, some of the crowd chant Stone's name. Ed addresses this - "He is a great friend, a great guitar player and has great solo albums but there is no way he is going to sing a song. I know because every night I ask him if he wants to sing and he says no. You wanna sing one right now?". Ed then goes on: "Stone isn’t ready to slay that dragon but the gauntlet has been thrown. It might happen tonight". Swallowed Whole then starts up for the final time on the tour. It's a really good performance, one I really enjoyed. After Daughter, Ed reads some signs he can see, one saying 'Jeremy Spokane in class today' and one that says a guy will shave his hair if they play the song. Ed asks does the guy have any hair and Ed's response on seeing the guy is a pure comedy moment; "oh shit!". He then says the guy must have been thinking for a while of cutting his hair and wants to do something dramatic with it concluding that they will think about it. Ed then talks about Lou Reed and Velvet Underground before going into After Hours. Midway through, Ed struggles with the song again. This song reminds me of his Soon Forget performances - always just not getting it quite right. Overall it's probably the 2nd best performance of the song so far; the debut being the best. Let The Records Play is excellent coming off a slow song. Ed introduces Push Me Pull Me as 'one for the serious collector' and LTRP and PMPM work brilliantly together. The pace doesn't relent with Jeremy and Do The Evolution. Evolution slightly loses its way when Ed gets the crowd to come in. On the boot it sounds like he tries to get the crowd to give it a 2nd go but it doesn't work and the song nearly loses its way - very reminiscent of some of those early Euro '12 performances when they tried playing it that way. Porch finishes the main set.

Ed tells the crowd that the setlist has been put together by Steve Gleason, who is in the crowd. The first performance since 2006 of I Won't Back Down starts the first encore. The hairs on my neck stood up hearing this one. The crowd on this is fantastic too, just a pity they aren't mixed in well. Nothing As It Seems makes it's 2nd appearance of the tour, the mix on this is incredible. Stone's guitar is lush, Matt's drum great and Mike's guitar immense. An excellent performance. Footsteps doesn't quite sound right to me, the guitars having a 'tinny' feel to them. Ed dedicates Severed Hand to the guy who threw him a joint at the start of the encore and also says 'Mr Haircut guy' should make his way over "look for a guy that really needs a haircut and put him in a cage and hang onto him until we figure out what we are gonna do". It's a decent performance of Severed Hand. Ed then announces "Since you have elected him Stone is gonna sing one for you". It's the first performance of Don't Gimme No Lip since Adelaide '06. It's a decent performance. Mr Haircut Guy is now on stage and Ed is debating whether they should actually cut his hair or not but first they play Brain of J so the guy can "headbang one last time" as Ed says. The rest of the guys play a bluesy jam while Ed shaves the guys hair. The jam (Dread Shave Blues Jam) is pretty awesome actually, I certainly wouldn't be disappointed to hear them do something with it again. Once the haircut is finished, Go starts the gig again. Black & Rearviewmirror, both really good, finish the first encore.

At the start of the second encore Ed talks about a project called Rail Trail and encourages people to protect environment. Given To Fly is apt as the next song. It's a Van Halen love-in next, first with Mike on Eruption and then all the band on Ain't Talkin Bout Love. The latter is good but I can do without Eruption, it just takes the flow out of a set. Alive & Yellow Ledbetter complete the gig. A good show & boot, like San Diego, a fun one that I enjoyed immensely.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    Worcester 1 2013
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    Camden 2006
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    Vault three. I d love to hear long road/act of love to open :)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Vault three. I d love to hear long road/act of love to open :)

I'm hoping Uncle Neil makes an appearance at the Milton Keynes show this summer and a couple of Mirrorball songs get busted out! Unlikely but one can dream!!

• Options
    LA3 2009

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    Oslo 12
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Calgary '13

Of The Girl opens a show for the first time since Newark '10. In truth it isn't the best performance of the song they have ever played, it's a but sketchy throughout. Hard To Imagine follows, I don't think this one is better than Phoenix or Baltimore plays. Lightning Bolt, Corduroy and Mind Your Manners are par for the course really; Ed's vocals having a particular 'growl' during the early parts of MYM for good effect. The quick tempo that the previous 3 songs has set continues with Animal. Ed greets the crowd for the first time acknowledging how difficult it was to get to the gig and they expected only a few thousand to turn up and praises 'the hardy Calgary people'. Red Mosquito makes only it's 2nd play of the tour; first time since Worcester I and much better. Ed praises those involved in the clear up from the floods earlier in the year, noting that the water rose upto about the 9th row in the Saddledome. I Am Mine is dedicated to 'making it to safety, to higher ground'. Wishlist off the back of it is always a good combo, though Ed's guitar is sounding rough in the first half of the song it has to be said. Sirens sounds little ropey early on, not sure if its the mix or just the guitars are off and Matt's drum are too prominent throughout. During Infallible, Matt's cymbals sound terribly off - again not sure if this is happened or if the mix of the boot is way off. Ed tags a few lines from Cinnamon Girl into the end of I Got Shit, it's cool. It'd be even better if he tagged a bit more of it in! Rats off the back of I Got Shit is excellent, even with Ed losing some lyrics. I have no idea what's going on with the vocals at the end of State Of Love And Trust but it's not good. Ed hands over vocal duties to the crowd for the early parts of Better Man and they do a sterling job; Save It For Later is tagged on to the end and closes the main set.

After Hours opens the first encore and it's a very good performance. Sleight Of Hand follows for the final (and 4th) time of the tour. As ever, it is bliss. Ed starts off Future Days but stops so Boom can play the intro. The tone of Jeff's bass during Daughter is lush and overall it's a great performance by the guys; it's a short outro for the song but Ed sings "hush baby don't you cry" a couple of times. Last Exit and Go are fresh; the latter dedicated to a young lad named Jackson who posted a video playing drums to MYM which impressed the band. Porch brings a good first encore to a close.

Small Town opens the second encore, played to the crowd behind the stage. Crazy Mary is awesome, the duel between Mike and Boom mesmerising. Alive and Fuckin' Up raise the bar and it's left to Indifference to close the show.

Main set I felt was abit up and down but enjoyed the encores alot.

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,323
    boyo79 said:

I'm hoping Uncle Neil makes an appearance at the Milton Keynes show this summer and a couple of Mirrorball songs get busted out! Unlikely but one can dream!!

I'll be there, so I'm The Ocean please... :D
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Sydney 2014

NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,893
    Just listened to Alpine 2000. I think I said to myself a few times, this song was at this show? And then I smiled and loved the flow and remembered the Ice Bowl from a whole new perspective. Best thread ever.
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    Also listened to Bonner Springs. Great rec. I get all of my recommendations from this thread.
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

• Options
    CP218430 said:

Also listened to Bonner Springs. Great rec. I get all of my recommendations from this thread.

:)

• Options
    RozbrRozbr Posts: 376
    Sao Paulo Brasil 2005
  • Options
    Toronto 2011
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Chicago 03. Revisiting the shows I attended and neglected for a long time. Killer version of Crazy Mary

• Options
    dpharesdphares Maryland Posts: 118
    Just finishing up 2000-10-14 The Woodlands Texas Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Good show.