Options

Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    Brooklyn two. Great show
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dpharesdphares Maryland Posts: 118
    2005-09-08 Winnipeg Canada MTS Centre
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,535
    Cleveland 2003
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    edited April 2014
    Vault 3.

No review for this one; every now and again it's nice to listen to a boot and not do a review. Reviews on leg 2 of the US Fall tour will start tomorrow.

Post edited by boyo79 on
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    Listening to Philly 2003 today. Great so far, only first nine songs into it. The band's got a very good vibe going.
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    don smithdon smith Posts: 833
    Pittsburg PA 2013
    06/12/03,06/13/03
    10-05-04 09-09-05
    05-16-06-5-17-06-5-19-06,06-26-06-06-27-06 05-03-10 09-04-11
    07/19/13 11-15-13
  • Options
    Kansas 2000
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    edited May 2014
    Listening to now? Oakland 2013. Found out today I'm losing my job end of next week so had fish & chips for dinner with my partner & Mum & Dad, a few glasses of an award winning NZ sauvignon blanc wine & PJ boot playing.
    Here's to better days! cheers photo: Cheers cheers-20.gif
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Philadelphia 2005..great encore 1 and spooky ''crazy mary''..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Dallas '13

First night of the second leg of the US/NA Fall tour.....Pendulum opens the show. A beautiful Nothingman is next. Can't Keep makes it's first appearance in 5 years but it's not a performance I like. The drums just sound wrong to me, to light if you like and there is some moments in the overall performance that aren't good IMO. Instellaroverdrive signals that Corduroy is on it's way and sure enough it follows. Lightning Bolt is the best of the opening songs; this is the 15th play of it and already it's grown into a monster live and a staple in the set list. Mind Your Manners on the other hand I just can't get into live on the boots at all. MYM and Got Some actually go together well. Ed greets the crowd for the first time and then Brain Of J is up. Guitars sound abit dodgy in parts during first part of the song but it's still a good performance overall. World Wide Suicide then makes it's only appearance on this leg. Sirens is not a good recording at all. Maybe it just comes across not so good. Lukin into Not For You follows, Jeremy appears to be played at super fast speed; this is really noticeable after my last 30 odd boot listens have all been from 2003. Ed then talks about the JFK assassination and gun control and how lessons haven't been learned; Glorified G is then played. Infallible is good, Unthought Known bored me and Betterman closes a main set that I've struggled to enjoy.

Yellow Moon starts off the first encore and like the previous performances on leg 1, I'm yet to hear a bad performance of this song. Future Days just drops the bar for me, a total momentum killer. Footsteps is brilliant and Daughter is tagless. Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns makes another appearance on the tour; simply beautiful, Chloe Dancer especially. I often think Ed doesn't really nail this but here he definitely does. The encore so far has been fairly low/mid tempo but Why Go and Porch ensure it ends on a high tempo indeed. Porch is quality, an extended intro that Ed lets the crowd sing the start too.

Small Town starts the second encore and is played for the fans behind the stage. The Real Me and Evolution follow before Alive takes the roof off. Carrie Brownstein joins in on Rockin' In The Free World playing guitar and Annie Clark sharing vocal duties too. She certainly makes a better job than Corin Tucker (check out some of the 2003 RIFTW). A sublime Indifference closes the show.

Didn't really get into this boot to be honest.

Post edited by boyo79 on

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,323
    Baltimore 27/10/13
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Oklahoma City '13

Wash opens for the final time in 2013, I didn't initially like the start of it - maybe the first minute or so but it just builds and builds and by the end is superb; the opening notes of Sometimes start as soon as Wash closes out. To me, it feels like Sometimes is played at a quicker speed than normal; its good but I prefer it slowed down. Small Town is next and completes an interesting & different opening trio of songs. I found the middle part of Lightning Bolt abit messy both vocally and with the drums, lots of cymbal action going on and abit overbearing. Other than that, another good performance. Mind Your Manners here is one of the better performances I've heard and is rapturously received by the crowd. Do The Evolution & Animal keeps up the quick tempo. Let The Records Play makes an unusual appearance mid main set and at first sounds out of place but grows as the song goes on and the extended outro is good. Ed then greets the crowd for the first time. A couple of Yield songs are then belted out, MFC and In Hiding. Even Flow is as cool as ever. Sirens is a much better performance here, definitely one of the more enjoyable versions I've heard so far. Whipping is a total change in direction and is making it's final appearance in 2013. A fiery Unthought Known follows. Immortality ups the bar a level or 3, absolutely immense. Infallible is another good 'un. though Ed's vocals go abit awry towards the end. Wishlist follows and it's a shortened version with now extended outro. The intro too Rearviewmirror is stop/start and quirky, Matt and Ed playing around. RVM brings to an end a strong main set.

The first encore starts off probably not the way Ed and the guys expected when writing the setlist; after Ed talks to the crowd and is about to start playing, his attention is grabbed by a woman. A few moments later Ed understands the woman wants to propose to her boyfriend. You can hear them both perfectly on the boot as the guy makes his way across and she proposes to which he accepts (thankfully!). Ed congratulates them and adjusts the set to start with Just Breathe in honour of the couple. It's a pretty perfect version of the song, and very apt. Yellow Moon is classy again and then a real treat is played; Parting Ways. First time since Philly '09 and 20th appearance overall. It's a corker IMO. After Jeremy, Ed then talks about the Seattle Sonics/Oklahoma Thunder basketball thing. Not into US sports so this goes over my head!! Aptly they then play Supersonic. Not a fan of this song at all but just like Unthought Known earlier (another I pretty much loathe) it's sounding very good here. Satan's Bed is fun. Porch is quality, Stone plays the riff during the instrumental that he started playing in Baltimore, Charlottesville & Charlotte. The Baltimore one is still the best IMO. Overall this is an incredible Porch, all the guys totally on it. Brings to a close an excellent first encore.

The second encore begins with Last Kiss being played to crowd behind the stage. Ed tells a story about when they were called Mookie Blaylock and had to think of a 'real' name for the band. The story doesn't get much reaction from the crowd. The music returns with State Of Love And Trust. Black and Alive take the encore to another level. Baba O'Riley and Yellow Ledbetter close out the show. A really good boot, straight into my top 5 of the Fall '13 tour.

• Options
    Not a PJ boot but definitely one of the best live albums I've ever heard. Amazing.

• Options
    Newcastle 2006
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:

Newcastle 2006

Great boot. One of my favourites.

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    Vancouver 2013 - because I'm nerding out on this lately
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    Milan 2000. I must admit, its been years since I pulled this one out. Just like new.....
  • Options
    Phoenix '13

A nice Long Road opens the show, Release follows. That's a double whammy of an opening. I actually prefer Release/Long Road rather than Long Road/Release but anyways....The backing vocals on Low Light are very prominent; overall it's a really good version of Low Light - very loud too! Instellaroverdrive/Corduroy signals the end of the low-key songs. Getaway makes it's 3rd appearance, I'd saying it is getting better with each performance. Though like MYM, I do feel it doesn't translate so well live. Yellow Moon then makes a highly unusual appearance so early in the show. Even Flow is on fire. Sirens is mostly ok though the part where Ed comes in was abit ropey again though to me on the boot it sounded more like feedback with Mike's guitar than Ed's. Anyway, it wasn't a smooth transition. Regardless, it's a pleasant enough rendition of a song I'm finding abit 'marmite' live. There is no singalong outro here, it's straight into Daughter. Jeff's standup bass sounds delightfully as the guys move into WMA. Wishlist and Infallible are again played together, this time a reverse of OKC with Wishlist first up. Infallible is solid again and Matt provides some nice backing vocals, especially the "ooohs" which I hadn't noticed before. From here on in for the main set it's now heavy hitters with Evolution and Once, then 1/2 Full making its final appearance of 2013. Betterman and Go end the main set.

Bee Girl starts off the first encore. A first play in 7 years for Around The Bend is next and it truly sounds fantastic. It's hard to believe it has only ever been played 10 times. Ed dedicates Future Days to his wife and his uncle Johnny (?). If I'm brutally honest, I'm already struggling to enjoy this song; I'm bored of hearing it already. It's one of those songs where I just shut off. Ed then tells the crowd they have a couple of songs the crowd will like but one is more for the serious collector and do they want that next? "We'll play them all but this one first". The opening notes of Hard To Imagine begin. It's a really subtle performance of the song and tips Baltimore for me. Just the right amount of perfection. At the end of HTI, you can hear Ed say to the guys "let's do the other one too" and Footsteps starts up. Yep, just the right amount of perfection. Jeremy makes another solid showing. Alone makes it's final appearance of 2013 after previous performances at London and Hartford. Unthought Known is dedicated to teachers "especially those teaching music". Stone brings back his Baltimore riff during the Porch instrumental, it's slightly more prominent here than in OKC. In OKC he only really played it in one part and low-key; here he comes back to it. I really dig hearing that riff.

At the start of the second encore Ed tells the crowd "We haven’t been here in ten years so let’s keep playing. Who knows we might not get back for another ten years...Stone is thinking,‘what are you doing Ed, don’t tell them that. Worst front man ever. This one is for Yuma, Scottsdale... Stone says there is an artist colony called Mertha? Martha? Mersa? That is a disease. Okay before I reveal any more ignorance about geography lets play.” Ed then counts Small Town in. Spin The Black Circle then sets off a trio of rockers, Alive and Rockin' In The Free World following; Nils Lofgren joins on guitar for the latter. Indifference closes the show brilliantly.

Enjoyed this boot, and you can tell the band enjoyed the gig. Not on the level of OKC on this leg yet but enjoyed it more than Dallas.

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,785
    Nassau '03
    Love this show, best You Are, one of the best RVM and my favorite Bushleaguer.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    San Diego '13

Love the guitar on the early parts of Pendulum, there's a few scruffy parts too but I'm liking the 'dirty' kind of feel too it. The 'a ah ah a' vocals aren't quite as strong as usual with Ed and Matt. Jeff's bass is sumptuous early in Nothingman. Over the last year, this song has grown on me; it's always been great but it's just on another level for me nowadays. Hearing the crowd's vocals on Nothingman is nice. Sometimes is third in and it's a nice opening three here. On the first 2 songs I felt there were moments were Ed's vocals weren't too strong but he dispels this in Sometimes pretty much shouting the "Sometimes I speak of nothing at all" line. Why Go makes a welcome appearance early in the set; I always feel it works best 4th or 5th song in. The Lightning Bolt/Mind Your Manners combo is next - for once I enjoyed MYM more than LB. MYM is particularly strong here. Probably my favourite performance of it so far. All Night makes it's first appearance on the tour and only second since Canada '11. It's good but not as strong as some of those 08/09 performances. Ed asks for the lights and greets the crowd, dedicating Given To Fly to his brother who is working the lights. After Given To Fly, Stone starts the intro to In Hiding but is halted by Ed saying "I was gonna sneak one more song...in between that one...just cos it's appropriate for here". Stone then fires up Tremor Christ, first played it is since Belfast 2010. In Hiding does follow! Ed invites a guy called Rob from Manilla to sit at the side of the stage, telling the crowd it's Rob's first show and he's also going the LA shows. Ed then goes on abit of a ramble before launching into Setting Forth which leads into Swallowed Whole, making only it's 5th appearance. Ed makes a hash of the lyrics quite a few times particularly struggling with the "Whispered songs inside the wind..." verse. Army Reserve then is another to make it's first appearance in 3 years. It's an ok performance. Even Flow starts off minus a guitar for 3 or 4 seconds before both guitars are in sync. The crowd are treated to a Matt drum solo during the instrumental part; not on the level of the 2006 drum solos but good to hear nonetheless. Ed tells the crowd alot of the bands family is in the crowd, eventually Insignificance plays - the first time on the Fall tour. Ed then invites Rob onstage and talks a little, eventually saying they are going to send him home to Manilla after the LA shows with a cheque to help with the relief after a typhoon hit the Philippines. Sirens then starts up and this is my favourite performance of it so far, very tight indeed. Ed tells the crowd to sing the outro "like we're at a campfire" and it's cool. Ed dedicates Spin The Black Circle to Lou's Records, the last man standing he calls it. During the chorus Ed can be heard telling someone to "settle down", I'm guessing someone in the crowd got a little excited! Light Years is breathless. This is a cracking song which they often don't get right live. Here (and it's first performance in 2 years) they do. Porch is great, on a level with Baltimore (I know, that Stone riff! I know I keep going on about it!!) for me. It closes a mesmerizing 20 song main set.

After Ed has spent 5 minutes reminiscing to the crowd about San Diego, Sleight Of Hand kicks off the first encore. Perfect. I will never tire of hearing this song. Never. Ed then asks the crowd "are you ok if we play a couple of songs like this? We don't get the chance to play them all the time". Speed Of Sound makes only it's 5th ever appearance and it's really nice. I felt the Pittsburgh performance was the best they'd done but this tips it for me, really lovely guitar work. I think it's cool they've gone back and worked on getting this song right live cos it's a cool little song and one of the better moments from Backspacer IMO. We then go from a little-played song from Backspacer to an over-played song from the same album; Just Breathe. After, Ed tells the crowd they have played every song live from the new album apart from one. He also then says he doesn't know how to start the song! Obviously it's Sleeping By Myself he is referring too. It's pleasant enough though there is one bit where Ed messes up the chords but we'll let it go. After the song, Ed then plays those chords he forgot. There is some cool guitar effects going on during the intro and outro for Severed Hand. Matt's drums and Jeff's bass are sublime at the start of In My Tree. Rearviewmirror closes a pretty enjoyable first encore.

At the start of the second encore, Ed spots his mum in the crowd and asks the crowd to pass a bottle of wine upto her. Ed also mentions a friend of Stone's called Camille is in the crowd too, as he says this the bottle of wine reaches his mum and she takes a swig, Ed saying "it's genetic!". He dedicates Leaving Here to "all the great women here". It's pretty much anthems for the rest of the encore starting with Black and Do The Evolution. Alive does what Alive does, Baba O'Riley is fun all round. More dedications are handed out, this time for Mike's dad and friend who were shot down over the Gulf Of Tonkin. Ed then lets Mike do the talking with his guitar riffing Yellow Ledbetter and tags Star Spangled Banner onto the end. It's not the end of the show tough, that honour is bestowed on Rockin' In The Free World.

In the end it's a show that clocks in at 5 minutes under Mansfield III '03 and Philly IV '09. It is very much a hometown party atmosphere of a gig, Ed more talkative than usual and in high spirits but it all makes for an excellent gig and boot in my opinion. And it all adds up to another super San Diego show. What else would you expect for San Diego?!

• Options
    Los Angeles I '13

Pendulum opens the first of two nights in LA. It's not the best I've heard of it by any stretch. Release is perfect and Pendulum just feels like a warmup for Release. The end of Release seamlessly transitions into Long Road and as an opening three this is off the scales. Corduroy seems the perfect choice to up the tempo. During the instrumental Ed notices something he doesn't like and screams at a woman to get out of the pit. At the end Ed confronts the woman again telling her to move and asks for security. He really is quite angry at the situation. Lightning Bolt and Mind Your Manner are solid performances, as is Why Go. Getaway just doesn't cut it live for me, the vibe it has on record is totally lost on a boot. Got Some just adds to some of the flow taking a dip IMO. Garden is excellent and is making it's first appearance in a year. Ed makes a hash of Sirens just before Mike's solo forgetting the lyrics again. After State Of Love And Trust Ed says 'its a rough crowd tonight, everyone ok?'. Jeremy follows and Leatherman makes it's first appearance on the Fall tour; the intro slightly mistimed. Ed then says Mike was in the room above him at the hotel and this is how he woke him up; Mike then goes into a rendition of Eruption. Spin The Black Circle gets the show back on track, Rearviewmirror closes the main set.

The first encore starts off with Yellow Moon and Footsteps, both outstanding. At the end of Footsteps, Ed tells the crowd "we usually make these decisions ourselves but there is a lady there with a sign for a song we haven't played in a long long time. Do you want to play this song or the one we were gonna play". Making its first appearance in 6 years is All Or None, and it's sublime. My only complaint would be Matt's drums were too loud. There is a distinct lack of guitar during the early part of Come Back once Ed starts singing.but this is quickly corrected. The rest of the encore passed me by largely, Porch closes the encore.

The second encore begins with Unthought Known. Solid performances of Black and Alive follow. Indifference closes the show.

A boot that started off good I though but quickly fell apart in terms of flow and I just couldn't get into it. Not one that grabbed my attention aside from the opening 6 or so songs and the opening trio in the first encore.

• Options
    Cleveland 09/05/10
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    listened to Portland '13 the other day & finally got to re-hear in Even Flow "faces that we see time again are familiar....... glad you made it New Zealand I see you" while Ed pointed at me in my New Zealand t-shirt on the rail in front of Stone. I've been hanging out to see if I'd be able to hear it on the boot since the concert! It took a few rewind & listen agains but it's there! B-)

Now listening to Spokane '13. Slowly making my way through my shows from last year. :-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    London 2000,night 2
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    dpharesdphares Maryland Posts: 118
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino California
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

London 2000,night 2

My favourite live Corduroy version! \m/
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    Hartford 06
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    Amsterdam 2..getting ready
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,785
    Vancouver 2000 - the set list was cool but the sound was kinda shit which was a bummer.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914

Amsterdam 2..getting ready

do i know you from somewhere? i listened to berlin 2 on the way home.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......