Options

Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    San Sebastian it's got Smile and a cool improv
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Seattle '13

Final - and homecoming - show of the year, Pendulum opening; the intro appears slightly extended and it's a little rough around the edges early on. Nothingman is delightful. With Small Town, Corduroy, Lightning Bolt & Mind Your Manners it's a fairly standard opening by this tour's standards. Ed greets the crowd before the band whip out two from Yield; Given To Fly and Pilate, Ed asking to restart the latter. Garden is simply immense. Getaway sounds good here, much better than its other performances so far IMO. As you'd expect, Mike tears it up on Even Flow but the all of the band are on form. Sirens is very good. In My Tree to follow is a surprise but an excellent one! Evolution is decent, Ed forgetting a few lines but nothing major; the extended crowd part is very good. Unthought Known begins straight as Evolution finishes and keeps the tempo going. Black is incredible and it's good to see it played outside of the encores every now and again. The vinyl-themed Let The Records Play and Spin The Black Circle are next; the former very good again. Betterman/Save It For Later is fantastic and ends the main set.

Ed begins the first encore talking about the 1 year anniversary of same-sex marriages and the legalisation of marijuana in Washington State, noting that to live in Seattle it' "great to live in a city and community that is on the right side of history". After Hours starts the encore. Since it's nearly Christmas, Ed tells the crowd, the next song is one he wrote with Mike along time ago. Let Me Sleep is played for the first time in nearly 20 years and only the 2nd time ever. It's an excellent rendition. Future Days is dedicated to a young girl and her father who rescued Ed from some big waves a few years ago. It's a particularly heartwarming Future Days and Daughter minus any tag follows. The Seattle crowd are then treated to Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns. It just feels epic. It's a 'Singles' double next with Breath and State Of Love And Trust. Ed says they haven't played Breath in Seattle since '92 and as has been standard in 2013, it's another quality play. SOLAT is good, musically on fire and Ed hangs the mic over to some fans at the front during the closing stages of the song. It's another Ten-era song to close the encore, with an excellent Porch.

Mike takes the mic at the start of the second encore talking about KEXP. Supersonic starts the encore, I'll be honest I really do detest this song but taking away my biased it's a decent enough performance. It's another Backspacer number to follow with Got Some. Rearviewmirror and Alive are top drawer. Ed introduces all the band and says he hopes they have been good ambassadors for Seattle. Mark Arm & Steve Turner join the stage as does Kim Thayil for another rendition of Kick Out The Jams. I found this performance here much better than the previous one in Vancouver, actually probably one of my favourite versions the band have played over the years. As the song finishes, Mark Arm asks "does anyone know how to play Eruption?" so Mike duly plays it and it leads into Yellow Ledbetter. It's no surprise when Mike tags in Little Wing. It's a perfect way to end the show and tour.

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    GeoScottGeoScott South Carolina Posts: 151
    Just listened to Oklahoma 2003 on the drive home today.
    A very fun month for the band back then! :)
  • Options
    All 2013 are now done for me.

My favourite shows are:

South America
    Buenos Aires

North America Leg 1
    Worcester II
    Brooklyn II
    Hartford
    Charlottesville
    Charlotte

North America Leg 2
    Oklahoma
    San Diego
    Spokane
    Vancouver
    Seattle

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    Oklahoma '13
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    Charlottesville I love this version of release
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    I've just finished Baltimore 2013....this is an amazing tour so I'm taking my time jammin' to all the shows... as I only have a few shows left of the 1st leg....hope this summer to pick up the pace....Baltimore didn't get the props so many other shows got...but damn...its still very very good... Pearl jam is never on autopilot.... they seem to keep giving it their all, night in and night out.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    23scidoo said:

you saw the greek flag?

Yes! :D I guess that was Dimi...
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Been a labour of love over the last few years but finally completed my bootleg collection today. All official boots released since 2000 :)

• Options
    Auckland '14

Release kicks off the band's series of Big Day Out shows. A mixed vocal performance by Ed, breathtaking in some parts and then not so in other parts of the song. The guys show they mean business early on going straight into Go and Corduroy. The blistering pace continues with Lightning Bolt and Mind Your Manners. It's a Yield double-header next with Given To Fly and Brain Of J; not entirely sure what happens in the solo but it sounds different than normal. I can't tell whether the guitar goes or Mike is just playing it differently. No such problems on Even Flow with the guys right on form. Sirens is excellent. Infallible, Let The Records Play and Black are fantastic. Save You returns to the setlist after making no appearances during the 2nd leg of the Fall tour in 2013. Liam Finn then joins the band for vocals on Habit, "singing the shit out of it" to quote Ed. Betterman closes a great main set.

Footsteps opens the first encore and this and Nothingman are pure bliss. Small Town is sandwiched inbetween; Boom's B3 is very prominent in the mix and is a nice touch. Daughter continues the laid-back start to the encore. That tempo is shattered by Why Go and State Of Love And Trust. Porch closes the encore. The guys come back out for one more - Baba O'Riley.

Really good start to the short tour, picking up where they left off in Seattle last year.

• Options
    Going Phoenix 2000 then onto one of my faves: Boise 2000
  • Options
    dpharesdphares Maryland Posts: 118
    boyo79 said:

Been a labour of love over the last few years but finally completed my bootleg collection today. All official boots released since 2000 :)

Congrats. That is awesome!!!
  • Options
    robertstackarmyrobertstackarmy So. WI Posts: 681
    boyo79 said:

You must dread it when they tour! :))
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    boyo79 said:

:-bd
    mcgruff10 said:

Boise 2000

Don't Be Shy

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,478
    LA 2013
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Cardiff 2000
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    Dallas '13
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,892
    Oklahoma 03. This show is awesome! Drifting and maybe a top 2 version of Untitled. Suggest better. I'm trying to listen to them all. So far I love Alpine 2000 more (I was there, so I'm biased)
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    Oakland 2013, the last Pearl Jam show I attended. Until next Monday that is. :)
  • Options
    RozbrRozbr Posts: 376
    Las Vegas 2000
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    West Palm Beach 1 2000
  • Options
    I ll continue the 2000 run...Memphis. Gotta be one of the greatest go s ever. Holy shit!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    My top three boots ever just called me: Melbourne 95. Then onto Oakland 97
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    don smithdon smith Posts: 833
    Charlotttville- 10-29-13
    06/12/03,06/13/03
    10-05-04 09-09-05
    05-16-06-5-17-06-5-19-06,06-26-06-06-27-06 05-03-10 09-04-11
    07/19/13 11-15-13
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    West Palm Beach 2 2000
  • Options
    Gold Coast '14

Evolution starts off the show brightly, Animal and Hail Hail continues the quick pace. Got Some & Mind Your Manners work well together. Big Wave makes a surprise early appearance and is much better than either of the 2 plays it got in 2013. The Corduroy/Lightning Bolt combo is very effective. The blistering pace from the opening 10 songs is brought down a notch by Unthought Known and Sirens. Down is an excellent choice to follow. Lukin/Not For You is great and the Modern Girl tag at the end is nice. Let The Records Play starts up as soon as the last note of Modern Girl fades out. Rearviewmirror closes out a good main set.

It's a camp-fire start to the first encore with Yellow Moon, Small Town, Mother and Daughter. During the It's Ok tag on Daughter, Ed sings the "its ok" part in a more falsetto voice not really to good effect. Sad is played as a request from a fan in the crowd and is a quality performance, some cool guitar effects added during the latter half of the song. The heavy-hitters of Betterman and Porch closes the first encore.

The guys come out for a short 2nd encore kicking off with Alive. As Rockin' In The Free World starts off Ed can be heard saying "are we ok to play this yeah?" a few times, suggesting that they have gone over curfew. RIFTW is indeed the final song of the show and both songs in the encore are solid plays as ever.

Another good festival boot, especially the main set.

• Options
    don smith said:

Charlotttville- 10-29-13

Me too. It's my fave show that I have from the 2013 tour.
    Happy up here in my tree
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    2000-06-08 Paris, France
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Columbus 2000
    Occurring less often than you might think in 2000, Breakerfall initiates the show. Mike's effects are quite interesting. In a blistering and unusual move, Whipping is the second song of the night. Everyone puts on their best for the Vitalogy rocker. Another Vitalogy scorcher follows, STBC. Mike again is exceptional, and it's one of the very best versions of STBC I've heard. Hail Hail is tight and lively played, Matt especially. Corduroy is next, so 3 out of 5 song start is Vitalogy tracks; always a treat. Strong takes on In My Tree, Dissident, and GTF follow. Ed then says hello to the crowd. 2000 staple, NAIS, did not ignite as hard as it normally does. A dependable Grievance leads into Light Years. Typically I love a good Binaural trifecta, but the flow is lacking and hard to follow. Jeff's bass sounds amazing in Daughter. Lukin to follow it, then into Wishlist has the flow all over the place. Off He Goes is solid. Betterman is a quick version. SOLAT boosts the energy back up, but then Insignificance drops it back down. RVM concludes the main set; Ed's guitar textures towards the end of the jam are rather cool. Basically every song is a tight performance in this set, but the uneven and sort of up/down set flow almost killed it for me. The first 6 songs were absolutely fantastic together; afterwards it sort of lost me.

After joking about Mike being president, a quality Present Tense is introduced as presidential advice for those who have been on a losing streak. Matt and Jeff sound so perfectly in synch during Last Exit. Matt pounds the shit out of his kit, and Ed’s screams are ferocious too. Once follows perfectly to keep the tension high, an energetic rendering too. Small Town kind of kills the momentum and mood a bit right after. Leatherman is hilarious when Ed forgets the words and starts singing, “Lalalala lalala!” A good take on Nothingman drops us down, yet again. Porch brings the tempo back up. After a quick break, the boys come out for two more; Last Kiss-Ledbetter.

A really tight show with barely any errors whatsoever, but the flow is very tedious to follow. An ok boot in my eyes, but not one I plan on revisiting any time soon.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    RS151862 said:

Soldier Field

Same here..

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.