Options

Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    MarijtjeMarijtje Posts: 18
    Seattle & Vancouver dec 2013. Amazing shows and I was there so even more special (flew in from Europe)
  • Options
    dpharesdphares Maryland Posts: 118
    Ljubljana, Slovenia 06-19-2000
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,828
    23scidoo said:

Santa barbara 2006

Great great boot... One of my faves

Dallas 2003... Wow. This one slipped by me all those years ago. Top 10 boot for me
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Hamburg 2000
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    dpharesdphares Maryland Posts: 118
    RS151862 said:

Hamburg 2000

Same Here.

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,323
    Philadelphia 21/10/13
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Camden I '03

Can't Keep opens proceedings and it's a excellent start coupled with a strong Brain Of J. The high tempo continues with Save You, Evolution and Spin The Black Circle; the latter being the highlight of that trio. Green Disease and Cropduster give a little Riot Act action; Given To Fly sounds distance, especially early on. Like the mix isn't quite right. There's some killer riffs from both Mike and Stone during Even Flow. Faithfull and WIshlist take the set in a different direction, dropping the pace ever so slightly. Rockin' In The Free World shows up most unexpectedly in the main set, can't remember the last time that happened! A couple of Riot Act songs follow, 1/2 Full and Love Boat Captain. but I didn't feel they worked too well together. Breath is ok, not the strongest performance of the song nor the worst. Rearviewmirror brings the main set to an end. It's a main set that I felt started well but there was just no lack of flow for the last 5 or 6 songs.

Last Exit kicks off the first encore. Down and Black are excellent; a quality Blood closes the encore. Ed talks for a good 5 minutes before starting off the second encore eventually playing You've Got To Hide Your Love Away. The rest of the guys come back out for covers of Last Kiss and Baba O'Riley. Mike brings the show to a close with Yellow Ledbetter and the crowd can be heard chanting "one more song" as the guys end the gig.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    No code. This album still blows my mind.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Atlanta 2000
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    Sacramento 2000....what a sleeper of a show. A seven minute version of immortality?! Are you kidding me? Tremor Christ in the main set and they open with whipping!?!?!
  • Options
    Kev - Coat and KeysKev - Coat and Keys Earth Posts: 357
    Sydney 2014 - must have been drunk myself by the end of a BDO as I don't remember Ed sounding that loose at the time.
    The man hardly finishes a sentence.
  • Options
    Camden II '03

It's a Binaural double-header of Of The Girl and Breakerfall to open the second night in Camden. With Hail Hail, Save You and Grievance all following it is a strong opening. DIssident is just excellent, very enjoyable. Likewise so is Immortality, Ed fumbles the opening lyrics slightly but over the course it's always epic. A couple of Riot Act songs are then on show - I Am Mine and Get Right - before Even Flow rips it up. For the main part In My Tree is good until when the guys come back in after the instrumental part and it's all abit messed up. The Lukin/Not For You combo is up next. Nothingman is a delight. An incredible Porch (maybe my favourite from the tour) ends the main set.

Ed tells the crowd at the start of the first encore that it's gonna be "an all-request encore". Jeremy starts off and is dedicated to Ed's "good friend Peter". Small Town starts off with Ed singing and no music for a couple of lines before Stone starts up his guitar. War is tagged to the end of Daughter; it's a great performance of Daughter. War doesn't have the intensity of the Showbox performance but then what would? Alive brings a very good first encore to a close. Evolution opens the second encore. It's two Neil Young songs to close the show. First up is Fuckin' Up and then with Steve Diggle from The Buzzcocks (on Ed's guitar, Ed tells the crowd) it's Rockin' In The Free World.

I enjoyed this the night 2 boot alot more than night 1 boot.

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,535
    University of Illinois 2003
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    New York I '03

"Live At The Garden".....I was actually tempted to watch the dvd rather than listen to the boot.....Love Boat Captain opens the first of two nights at MSG. It's the first time since Vancouver at the beginning of this leg that it opens a show. Last Exit, Save You and Green Disease get the show rocking early on. In My Tree is excellent; Boom's keyboard solo very Doors-esque. It's easily the strongest performance of the song on the tour so far. Cropduster makes its four Riot Act songs from the opening six songs of the gig. After Gimme Some Truth, Ed briefly talks about 9/11 telling the crowd it is the first time they've played at MSG since that day. I Am Mine starts the beginning of a bunch of mid tempo songs and it's all good. Lowlight makes it's 3rd ever appearance and starts a Yield trilogy with an excellent Faithfull and then Wishlist with a Why Can't I Touch It tag. Wishlist makes it the 3rd song WCITI has been tagged onto during this leg of the tour. This and the version at Mansfield III probably tie as my favourite Wishlist. Lukin into Grievance always works for me and 1/2 Full is just on fire. Black is great and the main set is closed by Rearviewmirror.

The first encore begins with two Riot Act cuts, first You Are and then Thumbing My Way which is ok. Daughter is next, Ed tags in With My Own Two Hands getting the crowd to singalong for a while. Ben Harper then joins the band onstage and sings a good portion of the song. Crown Of Thorns then receives only it's 4th ever performance by the band. It's a super performance. Breath follows and it's a decent showing. Ed offers the crowd the lead on Betterman and they duly deliver. Evolution closes an excellent first encore.

At the start of the second encore Ed begins by telling the crowd that during Evolution "the stage was bumping up and down....we've been told it's only bounced like that during Grateful Dead, Iron Maiden and Bruce Springsteen. Proud to be part of that little group but I gotta tell you - it scared the fuck outta us!". Crazy Mary starts the encore off. Ben Harper is welcomed back onstage for Indifference, sharing vocals with Ed. Ed then tells the crowd the band are gonna pay the curfew fine and they invite Tony Barber onstage to play bass for Sonic Reducer. Steve Diggle then also joins onstage for Baba O'Riley, Ed dedicating it too John Entwistle and Pete Townshend. It's left to Yellow Ledbetter to cap an epic night.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Post duplicated.
    Post edited by boyo79 on

• Options
    boyo79 said:

Post duplicated.

So were you impressed by msg1?
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    Just checked out.....The last exit, pearljam bootleg reviews....
    pretty cool...read a handful of reviews and like the perspective...
    I listen to a ton of PJ's boots myself and its nice to get another opinion...
    i'll check back on that site when I have time and try to comment when I have something...
    and oh ya,,... I'm currently going to try and play the entire 2013 tour, 25 shows in order...
    I play each show at least twice in its entirety before I move on to the next...while making dozens of notes on the cd sleeves..
    these are long/killer shows so I'm only on Philly I right now...
    Curly
  • Options
    curly said:

Just checked out.....The last exit, pearljam bootleg reviews....
    pretty cool...read a handful of reviews and like the perspective...
    I listen to a ton of PJ's boots myself and its nice to get another opinion...
    i'll check back on that site when I have time and try to comment when I have something...
    and oh ya,,... I'm currently going to try and play the entire 2013 tour, 25 shows in order...
    I play each show at least twice in its entirety before I move on to the next...while making dozens of notes on the cd sleeves..
    these are long/killer shows so I'm only on Philly I right now...
    Curly

Thanks for the positive feedback for the bootleg review blog. I know myself, Marcus and Brandon appreciate it! That's also how I listen to tours, love going through them in order. Sometimes I'll do a full tour and sometimes I'll just do a leg of the tour in order.

• Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    boyo79 ..... i just read the reviews for Pensecola/Atlanta 2012 fest shows...
    these were my 11th, and 12th pj shows and since RedRocks 1995, my 1st back to back shows in almost 20 years...
    Reviews were great and spot on.....and how much i try to avoid PJ "fest shows".... they are a must when pj isn't normally touring.....
    PS..... We jammed to the Pensecola bootleg on our road trip down to Oklahoma City last November .... i had 3 friends with me and the bootleg was perfect for the late night road trip we had...
    :)>-
  • Options
    New York II '03

Like Philly earlier in the tour, Crazy Mary opens the show. Save You and Hail Hail are ok early on, the latter sounding abit off really. Whipping takes the tempo up a notch or two and it is a solid showing. Ed briefly addresses the crowd and then it's another Vitalogy cut; Corduroy, which is also on form. We then get Red Mosquito for the 3rd and final time in the tour and it is an early highlight. Get Right is another sounding on good form here. Given To Fly is ok, not the strongest performance I felt. The same can be said for Evacuation which loses it's way midway through. It doesn't really fit sandwiched between Given To Fly and Even Flow either. After Even Flow, Ed tells the crowd he's going to phone Johnny Ramone and they will play a Ramones song for him. There's no answer so Ed leaves a message. They then play I Believe In Miracles. Ed then says "that was better, it's message maybe he can keep it". He then starts up with Untitled changing some of the lyrics to "Johnny I hope you get the message/Oh your not home/I'll see you in a month or so" and leads into MFC. Deep follows but I'm not keen on Boom's keys on this. Present Tense and Nothingman are perfect together and State Of Love And Trust coupled with Porch ensure a high tempo ending to the main set.

At the beginning of the first encore Ed reads out some of the signs in the crowd and eventually gets to one that says 'Play Leash you pussies'. Seeing this Ed swears alot. Ed then talks about the fanclub and says there was 7k of fanclub tickets for the 1st night and 8k of tickets for the 2nd night. He thanks the fanclub. Eventually the music resumes with You've Got To Hide Your Love Away. Small Town continues the slow tempo. Ed then tells the crowd they are going to play a song that hasn't been played much on the tour, if at all and the opening bars of Glorified G start before quickly stopping. Ed then says "we'll play that one first then" and Glorified G starts off again. It's a really good performance. They then go back to the song that Ed initially was talking about; it's All Or None. It's good but not the strongest performance of the song. I'd say at this point the Missoula performance is the best. Evolution then takes the tempo back up; Alive raises it even further and ends the first encore.

It's a heavy second encore beginning with Go. Covers of Know Your Rights and Rockin' In The Free World follow. Like the previous night, Yellow Ledbetter once again closes the show. For me, night 2 isn't a patch on night 1 which I felt was much better and enjoyable. This had some good moments - Red Mosquito, Present Tense, Nothingman and a great first encore but night 1 is on another level for me.

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Mansfield, Massachusetts - July 11, 2003
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    spokanarchy!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Montana 30/09/12
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    madrid 2006. freaking awesome crowd. I actually really like betterman as an opener. corduroy in the 2 slot is killer.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Calgary '13...Let's MELT some F@#%$ SNOW!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Mansfield III '03

"Good morning. The advice we give to you is the advice we give to ourselves - pace yourself, it's gonna be a while"...Ed greeting the crowd for the first set of the day. Long Road opens the acoustic set, followed by Of The Girl. Ed then suggests to the crowd to all sit down saying "there won't be an acoustic version of Blood or anything like that so feel free to sit down". Off He Goes and All Those Yesterdays follow - ATY sounding fantastic acoustic. It's the first time ATY is played since Seattle '98 and won't be played again until 2009. Driftin' and Thin Air are next. Sleight Of Hand is a joy for me and Footsteps is just perfection. Absolute perfection. The version of All Or None provides the best of the tour so far. Parting Ways is another that is just great and Indifference is perfect closing this little set. Basically every one of the 12 songs performed here is excellent.

A little later on after Sleater-Kinney have provided the support, Pearl Jam return to the stage to finish 'The Experiment' Can it be done? Can they manage to get in the rest of the songs left remaining too play from the list of songs they've played on the tour so far? Let's see.....Can't Keep opens the set, Breakerfall follows and it's the final time it's played in 2003. Brain Of J is next and these two back-to-back is cool. Ghost is another to make it's final appearance of the tour and like All Those Yesterdays won't be played again until 2009. Tremor Christ makes it's 2nd appearance on the tour, having been played last at the first Melbourne show. For the most part its good. After not really enjoying the last few performances of Given To Fly, I enjoyed it here. Ed tells the crowd the next song they could have played on night 1 but decided to save it for now; Mike flourishes on Nothing As It Seems. It's another good showing for Cropduster. Before Faithfull, Ed says "we definitely saved this for night 3". The guys give another attempt at Why Go; again like the performance at Bristow it's good but takes abit getting used too. Whilst vocally at times Wishlist isn't the best, it's one I've always enjoyed and the tag of Why Can't I Touch It? along with the crowd participation is excellent. The Man Trilogy of Leatherman, Nothingman and Betterman is next up. 1/2 Full is again fantastic and a great performance of Blood brings to an end the main set.

The first encore begins with an awesome performance of Breath. Habit follows and this & Breath both won't feature again until the Canadian tour in 2005. Ed introduces Down as "a b-side, one for the serious collector". Ed passes the mic over to Stone for the 2nd time on the tour; Mankind is pretty decent but falls away towards the end - which Stone notes at the end and says "the 2nd verse was pretty good I thought". Another one for the serious collector is U, making it's first performance on US soil for the tour having previously only made appearances in Japan in 2003. Black left me speechless. Absolute fantastic performance. In my favourites of Black definitely. Ed then tells the crowd they are down to one more Pearl Jam song left to play - "we've picked one you can singalong too". It's Jeremy. It's a great performance by both band and crowd. It brings the first encore to a close.

At the show the second encore begins with the 8th performance of Arc. On the boot it starts with I Believe In Miracles, the first of four covers in this encore. Ed tells the crowd before I Believe In Miracles that "in order to do this we're gonna have to aggravate the locals and never be able to play here again. It's not a lack of respect, it's just we're trying to finish off what we started to do". It's an average performance of Know Your Rights. The next part is the only letdown of the gig for me; when Sleater Kinney join onstage for Fortunate Son and Rockin' In The Free World. I just can't appreciate Corin Tucker's vocals at all. That said RIFTW is the much better of the two songs. Ed thanks the crowd and then asks the crowd "one more?" Only one way to end 'The Experiment' and that's Yellow Ledbetter. It's a superb boot, one of the best of the tour.

Ultimately, the aim of the 3 nights at Mansfield - to play every song they had played on the tour so far - isn't achieved with the likes of Red Mosquito, Crown of Thorns, Last Exit, Glorified G and Satan's Bed all omitted. But that doesn't take away from the 3 nights. I'd rate the nights as night 3 the best followed by 1 and then 2. Awesome stuff.

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,535
    edited April 2014
    MSG 1 2010
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,893
    missoula 03
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    23scidoo said:

MSG 1 2010

The better of the 2 shows.

• Options
    Running back to Saskatoon 2011