Options

Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

boyo79 said:

Baltimore '13
    During Mike's solo on Porch there is an absolute killer riff being played by Stone - could listen to it all day! Loved it!

First of all thanks for pointing this out. I didn't notice this because the start of Porch was a little messy and I just prefered listening to the Worcester 1 version. But it is indeed a nice bit of Stone's magic. I have listened to it a few times now and it sort of blows away Mike's solo if focus on Stone.
    boyo79 said:

Baltimore '13
    Present Tense and Let The Records Play are sounding good, Setting Forth makes it's first outing in 2013. An excellent Rearviewmirror brings a main set that is lacking any flow to an end.

I can't argree with you here. I enjoy reading your reviews, but I think you are being way too kind for Present tense.
    Personally I hate it, it is the worst version I have. And that isn't due to Mike because the gitar sounds very nice. Ed starts it of by singing let me ask you have you seen ......, not a nice start of the song. Ed forgets the lyrics. I din't like it that he made it a sing along. I mean it's great if the crowd sings along, but this is no song to distract yourself by calling for it. I also didn't like him changing the lyrics to into some fucking white light. Again this is not the song for it.
    Present tense for me needs to be small and frigile. Not a fan of this treatment of the song. It distroyed the magic of the song which normally is almost like a painting for me. I get al these images, and now that didn't happen.
    Thanks for the feedback, Stone's riff was great. Loved how Stone kept bringing the riff back!

I didn't mind Present Tense, definitely not the best version I've heard by any stretch but it was ok for me. I actually liked how Ed started with "Let me ask...". I thought the singalong didn't really work, he asked the crowd to take over but then didn't let them!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Hartford 2013! I love revisiting this amazing night.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    Eddie Vedder - Carre Theatre Amsterdam
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,965
    philly, 10-21-13 :D
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    Eifel 00
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Arras 2012

The festival starts off in the perfect way with a very warm and enduring Release. Ed's voice sounds in good form and Mike provides some small guitar effects in the song, which he normally seldom does. Go then transitions in very nicely, as it always does following Release to start a show, it hits like a ton of bricks despite Ed sounding slightly shrieky in a few spots, but isn't very noticeable. The energy continues up-tempo with rocking performances of Severed Hand and DTE, where Ed's voice sounds very strong and has the right dose of rasp in DTE. Up next is one of my favorite sequences of the show - Better Man then makes a very surprising early set appearance, and may be the earliest it's been played in the set in quite some time, followed by beautiful versions of Low Light and Amongst The Waves. Also very rare and unique for a festival show. This three-song sequence is beautiful and sounds so warm and flows very well early on in the set. Even Flow makes its staple mid-set appearance followed by Wishlist. The always brutal combo of Lukin-Corduroy is up next and the pair sounds mind blowing. Ed is slightly off during the guitar intro to Corduroy, but definitely puts forth a little more energy in his vocals on this performance in my opinion, and Stone adds some playful guitar interplay during the outro of the song. I just never get tired of hearing Corduroy live at any show. Before and after a more energized rather than subdued version Nothingman, you can hear faint sounds from the concert and other band playing in the building which was apparently right next to the festival. Ed references this before Nothingman, which he asks the crowd to sing loud to drown them out. Arms Aloft-Unthought Known makes for a solid combination before The Fixer and Rearviewmirror close out a superb festival main set.

After a very rousing ovation from the crowd, Given To Fly opens the encore for the evening. Before Breath makes an Overrare appearance for a festival show, Ed makes a cool speech talking about Jeff and Stone's history playing together in a band for 30 years, makes a hilarious comment about Boom and smoking pot on the job, and references Matt being the hardest working man in show business. Ed makes some slight lyrical mistakes during Breath, and they sound slightly off in a few spots, but truly is rare that this is played at a festival show with some extra effort from Mike during the guitar solo. As Ed states "from Breath to Just Breathe" - Just Breathe transitions next and seems a little off to me to following two songs like GTF and Breath, and kind of kills the flow. An excellent and absolute killer version of Black comes next, with an exuberated effort and melting play coming from Mike and Matt combined, especially Mike. Before Ledbetter closes out the show, Ed says to the crowd "this is how we say 'au revoir'".

I really enjoy this boot and I feel this is vastly underrated by the masses out of the 2012 shows. The festival receives a very "non-standard" festival set list and the overall flow of the set is fantastic. You can tell the band had a blast at the show and I think deliberately went out of the way to make this set list more "special" for a festival for a reason, whatever it was. Overall a tight performance from the band, and they cleared off a lot of the sloppiness from the prior Werchter and Amsterdam 2 shows. While this is not a knock on the boot at all, because the mix and sound quality is superb like much rest of the 2012 boots, I do feel the mix of this boot to be average for the 2012 boots. While still stellar, I feel Matt's drums were brought down significantly and sound sort of hollow at times, and the guitars don't have as much body or crunch as they normally do in the 2012 productions. It still sounds great, and this is just a fun, complete little festival boot/show and one that is extremely underrated. One of the better boots of 2012 in my opinion.

Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214

The Cure - Lollapalooza 13

funny..same here..no pj today,,im into Joy Division anf the Cre from early morning
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    About to start Charlottesville. Lets see what all the hype is about......

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Bruce Springsteen - MSG 11/7/2009. "The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle" show.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Charlottesville '13

Pendulum opens, the early part sounding a bit off to me (only 30 seconds or so) but after Ed sings 'Lit up with no where to go', it's all fantastic. Release is easily the best of the tour at this point - from the first refrains I could feel this. Ed changes the lyrics on the last verse to "Oh dear Lou". I actually had chills at the end of Release here. In My Tree is next for the first time on the tour; the drums aren't sounding so great in the beginning if I'm honest (and this is one of my favourite PJ songs). There is a bit of a mix up just before they go into "Eddie's down in his home/Oh, the blue sky it's his home/Eddie's blue sky home/Oh, the blue sky it's his home" part but the guys recover it and from here in it's brilliant. Fucking love this song!!! Honestly if I had these 3 songs opening I'd be able to go home happy right at that point. Awesome start. Corduroy continues the show and Go & Why Go back to back is brutal. It's quite an opening salvo to a show and I can't remember any better on the tour so far. Following Lightning Bolt & Mind Your Manners, I Am Mine lowers the tempo. Swallowed Whole, Faithfull & Wishlist keep the pace mid-tempo and all are fairly standard performances. Keeping with recent performances, there is no extended outro or tag on WIshlist. On Sirens, again the part where Ed comes in after Mike's solo sounds messy. I don't think I've heard a clean version yet and from here on in the mix on Ed's guitar is awful; far too loud and it's more prominent than Mike's and Stone's guitars. After the song ends, Ed strums his guitar and gets the crowd to sing the "Aah ah, oh oh" part. It's quite nice. Jeremy is next, played for only the 2nd time on the tour. Grievance follows and it is good to see it back in the setlist; albeit for the only time in 2013. It's a brilliant performance as well. Another sounding fantastic and getting it's first play of the tour is Glorified G. The Fixer completes a straight treble of first time plays on the tour. Ed gets Down stopped in the first few bars after seeing something in the crowd. A 'speed bump' Ed calls it and then the band start the song off again. A thunderous Rearviewmirror brings to a close a superb main set.

At the start of the first encore Ed tells the crowd "if you're comfortable then we will start making shit up off the top of our heads". After joking with the crowd for a while, The End starts the encore off; Thumbing My Way is next and it is the first time since Newcastle '06 that is has been played. Sleight Of Hand is another giving a 'rare' performance and at the end Ed shouts out can they change the order of the set. Footsteps is next and the low-tempo continues. It's pretty much perfect; Ed saying afterwards "it's a great piece of music that one". He also thanks Jeff and Stone for letting him writing lyrics to it. Ed then hands his bottle of wine/gatorade to the Dad of the 12 year old he was talking about at the start of the encore. The music resumes with Future Days; I actually felt a more uptempo song would have been ideal at this point. Mother receives a warm welcome from the crowd and it's a good performance. Given To Fly is the start of the tempo increasing, Whipping follows but unfortunately it's a terrible version; Ed forgets the lyrics in the 2nd half of the start and then musically the guys lose their way and abruptly end the song. Big Wave is played for the first time since Calgary '11 and the beginning is off pretty much but it improves as it goes along. Sad gets us back on track and as it ends, the guys launch straight into Porch; Stone playing that riff again in the jam which he did at Baltimore (it's not as good here as the Baltimore version though).

Ed toasts the crowd at the start of the 2nd encore and also gets the crowd to shout out "We love you Lou" in respect for Lou Reed. A Singles double-header kicks off the 2nd encore with Breath and State Of Love And Trust. The former, in particular, is very good. Alive raises the tempo but at the same time it also means the gig is coming towards the end! A storming Baba O'Riley seems to end the show as Ed says bye to the crowd but then says "let's try something different" and Mike starts of with Little Wing. It's a strange one to end without it tagged onto Yellow Ledbetter and it kinda ends abruptly. In all honestly, it is a poor end to an excellent show.

Best show of the tour? Not for me; parts of the encores let the show down. The main set was spectacular though.

• Options
    Charlotte '13

I don't even need to say what song opened the show; we all know! I actually preferred the performance here than the previous show at Charlottesville. It's Lowlight to follow Pendulum, and I think Ed starts the vocals just slightly too early but it doesn't detract from the song. It's a fairly standard version but Ed's vocals at the end, holding the long note is fantastic. Present Tense is 3rd in; might be the mix or just the tuning of the guitar but Mike's guitar sounds slightly different than normal. Last Exit through to Mind Your Manners are all fairly standard performances; Severed Hand then gets a play for the first time on the tour. Even Flow then makes what could be considered a 'rare' appearance - it didn't get played at the previous 2 shows in Baltimore and Charlottesville!!!! The crowd is treated to a little Matt drum solo cameo ala the 2006 tour. Towards the end of Daughter there is a short tag of Blitzkreig Bop and Atomic Dog. Getaway then makes its live debut. Have to say on this performance I'm preferring the studio version and can see why they delayed playing it. The guitars are very lacklustre indeed. But I'm sure it gets better the more it gets played. As in Charlottesville, Ed again gets the crowd to do a singalong after Sirens. Setting Forth is dedicated to 'Ken'. Setting Forth leads directly into Not For You; it is a very solid showing and Ed tags Modern Girl to the end. Immortality is also very strong, thoroughly enjoyed this performance. Infallible, Unthought Known and Rearviewmirror bring an enjoyable main set to a close.

Ed tells the crowd at the start of the first encore, the next few songs are dedications. Bee Girl (first time since Vancouver '11) starts us off. Yellow Moon and Off He Goes follow and these two definitely work well together. Just Breathe makes a return; of course dedicated to a couple of newlyweds. Porch is very cool again and Stone's riff in the solo from Baltimore and Charlottesville is there again.

The second encore starts with Small Town. The Real Me makes its first appearance since Lima '11. Black and Alive are fantastic and for the 2nd show in a row it's an unusual (or rare) closer. All Along The Watchtower is the final song of the night.

I think I may have enjoyed this one more than Charlottesville; both make my top 5 for this leg but don't break into the top 2.

• Options

Calgary 2005

The Betterman jam is unbelievable.

This boot is in the car at all times to be played loud.

The jam at the end......Wow.

Turn it up folks!

Gonna listen to this boot soon. Haven't heard it in full for a while, used to love it though. I doubt my feelings will change. A killer setlist too,that first encore looks golden.
    Hi thanks for your response.

The Saddledome in Calgary has amazing acoustic sound. The roof is shaped like a saddle so the sound reverberates like no other stadium. The 2005 tour was simply put outstanding.

The Calgary show was by far the loudest (clear sounding) out of the 5 shows I attended on the tour.

That Betterman Jam..........damn.

Hope this bump for Betterman 2005 Calgary works.

cheers

• Options
    BA 11
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    Hartford 2013 - Actually, just finished.

And now, my review...

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME! WOW!!

:-bd

end of review.
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    New Orleans '13

Steve Gleason introduces the band onto the stage and Sirens kicks off the show. Without doubt this is my favourite version on the tour. In My Tree is next and again is sounding fantastic and very energetic. Save You, Corduroy & Animal set a high tempo. Lightning Bolt sounds superb and the band are really on fire at this point. Getaway gets another play following its debut at Charlotte; there are a few errors but it is a better performance than the debut I feel, certainly the guitars sounding more prominent. Even Flow and Present Tense together always works IMO. Following on from Charlotte, Severed Hand is played again. Inside Job is played for the first time in 2013 and Ed dedicates it to Steve Gleason and his family. Rearviewmirror closes the main set.

The first (and only) encore begins with Ed talks about the gulf disaster and The Gulf Restoration Network. Ed then tells the crowd that Steve Gleason made up the setlist for the show and he is excited to sing the next song. After then introducing Boom, the opening bars of Chloe Dancer start off segueing into Crown Of Thorns. Evolution and Go increase the tempo. Black is magnificent. Alive, Rockin' In The Free World and Yellow Ledbetter close the show.

So that's the end of leg 1 of the NA 2013 tour. Brookyn II & Worcester II were my favourites with Charlottesville, Charlotte and Hartford also very good.

• Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Den Haag 3/2/92,, The 1992 European club shows are incredible,
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    Charlotte 2003.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    Listened to Brooklyn 2 "with" my brother today. Actually I'm in NJ and he's not so we hit play at the same time and relived together one of the 5 shows we shared in 2013. I loved this show and I'm not gonna lie, today was pretty fun too. Thank you (again) pj for bootlegs! But...

I'm STILL waiting for my Philly bootlegs!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Hartford 2013, really good show... I loved Ed's rant on gun control.
    Virginia Beach, VA - 06/17/2008 Bristow, VA - 05/13/2010 Charlottesville, VA - 10/29/2013
  • Options
    charlotte 13
  • Options
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022

• Options
    Athens 06
  • Options
    Vancouver 5/30/2003.
    Great energy, fantastic setlist.
    Love Boat opener, You Are, 1/2 Full, Parting Ways all in main set.

• Options
    Washington D.C. 1995

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,538
    Dublin 2000
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    dublin 10
  • Options
    Baltimore 2013

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,918
    house of blues 2003
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    9/22/1996 - Toledo, OH. The sound quality sucks but Mike was on fire. And the rare appearance of Mankind.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    Starting the Euro '10 tour....

Dublin '10.

Awesome version of Long Road starts the tour and show off. Once follows and actually really works being 2nd song in. Love it, though the mix on one of the guitars isn't so good. This actually continues into The Fixer and is pretty horrendous. Midset the mix on Lukin is awful but Not For You is good and Down is a highlight. Comatose is fairly early in the set and preceeds the debut of Arms Aloft. Evolution closes the main set.

Just Breathe opens up the first encore. Really loving some of Matt's drumming on Given To Fly and the debut of Of The Earth is next. Its pretty cool, especially the main riff. Porch closes the first encore.

At the start of the second encore, Ed thanks the crowd and also tells the they kinda have to play to a strict curfew otherwise they won't get invited back - "the 3 guys sat at the back with air conditioning or you guys, who do we piss off?" Ed then also notes if he stops talking maybe the band can play more songs! Small Town starts proceedings. Following Better Man, the band cover Kick Out The Jams; ;love Rage's cover of this but not Pearl Jams. Alive is the penultimate song of the night, and it's left to Yellow Ledbetter and tags in Thin Lizzy's Cowboy Song at the end to close the first night of the tour.

An average boot for me. Down and Of The Earth the highlights.