Options

Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    Cville 2013 8-)

Almost done with the main set, and in the process of writing an in depth review. I can tell you already though, Cville and Hartford are THE bootlegs of leg 1 2013. No doubt in my opinion.

Hey how come you can listen to that boot?
    I have been waiting all day for it to appear in the shop, but still no sign.
    I hope the boot is as good as the setlist and the stories.
    Guess I'll read your review closely.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,899
    Just finished Philly 2 2013
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Cville 2013 8-)

Almost done with the main set, and in the process of writing an in depth review. I can tell you already though, Cville and Hartford are THE bootlegs of leg 1 2013. No doubt in my opinion.

Its here
    http://www.livedownloads.com/live-music ... le-VA.html

10C is slow today
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Just finished Philly 2 2013

Well, what did you think? :D

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Cville 2013

Opening is one of the slightly more aggressive sounding versions of Pendulum. Mike is more prominent and Matt adds more floor tom beats that are a bit faster than normal. Release illustrates what a perfect audio mix this boot has. You can hear Jeff's bass nicely, which is often drowned out on Release. Listen to that texture in Ed's voice, beautiful. In My Tree here is one of the best renditions I've ever heard. It's tight and Jeff's bass has never sounded better live for that song. Corduroy flows nicely coming out of IMT. The energy kicks into overdrive with the absolutely blistering combo of Go-Why Go. It's incredibly rare the two rockers are paired together. Jeff misses the intro to Go, and comes in when Ed starts singing. As soon as Go ends, Matt starts the drum intro to Why Go and his snare sounds ridiculously good. A nice, loud, bright overtone that adds to this song a lot. Stone's guitar tone sounds great on Lightning Bolt. Up this point in the set, 7 songs in, it is tied with Hartford as the best opening section of songs in all the 2013 shows. Things calm down as Ed addresses the crowd before I Am Mine, and tells the story about it being written in Virginia not too long after the tragedy in Europe 2000. He tells them that the set list has been tailored for a smart crowd. As many fans agree, this was THE set list of leg 1 of 2013 (maybe the whole tour). A good version of I Am Mine, with Ed more convincing than usual. I Am Mine sounds pleasant when paired with Swallowed Whole, lyrically they mesh together perfectly. Only played 3 other times in leg 1, this is easily the strongest sounding version of Swallowed Whole. Ed's vocals are a little too raspy on Faithfull, but Jeff steals the song with his bass being mixed phenomenally well. Ed gets all the words right to Wishlist. It is the shorter version with no tag but has a bit more sway to it than normal. Ed just barely gets a couple words mixed up in Sirens but covers it up nicely so not to distract. Still a very good version of the pop tune, especially with the first time ever crowd chant with a Sirens outro. The melodic and peaceful mid set section ends when Jeremy brings the pace back up. Grievance makes it only 2013 tour appearance; Ed has a couple off key moments but it’s still a very energetic version the song. Another rarity follows, Glorified G sounds surprisingly tight overall. The Fixer makes it's one and only 2013 tour performance. It's not the best version. Mike and Ed have a few missteps in it but nothing major. Ed stops the band during Down to make sure a situation is taken care of with the crowd. All was taken care of quickly and Down starts back from the beginning. A lively version of the tune that's not one of my favorites, but fans of it should like this version. RVM ends the main set in typical energetic manner. A really great main set. No major flaws, good flow, and a few outstanding versions (Pendulum, In My Tree, Swallowed Whole). Ed's voice is holding up surprising well to be the 11th show of the tour.

The End opens encore 1 and the first half of the encore is as close to flawless as it gets (with very minor exception of The End where Ed sings the second line first and first one second, most listeners will not notice). Thumbing My Way and Sleight of Hand are amongst the best versions I have ever heard. Ed’s voice sounds incredibly rich on the first few songs in the encore (End, Thumbing, Sleight, Footsteps, Future Days). Between Footsteps and Future Days Ed passes his bottle of wine to Jeff and Matt. He praises Jeff and Stone for what a great piece of music Footsteps is. Any tension that may have been between Ed and Jeff in Baltimore was resolved tonight. Along with Brooklyn 2, this is the best version of Future Days yet. The acoustics of the John Paul Jones Arena are pristine and allow these acoustic guitars and Ed’s voice to fully shine in the quiet encore section. Pink Floyd's Mother is covered next and the crowd eats it up. GTF picks the tempo and energy up gently, allowing the encore to flow fluently and not forced. There are 2 major errors this evening unfortunately. Ed forgetting the last half of Whipping with the song ending awkwardly, and Stone sounding very off at the beginning of Big Wave, but he picks it up quickly. Sad is played for the first and last time of the Lightning Bolt tour. It's certainly a more driving version. Matt plays the song more straightforward than usual, far less tom tom work. Not a bad version, but far from the best. Jeff's bass comes alive again (he is mixed loud) in Porch to close the lengthy first encore.

Matt has to fix his snare and change cymbals in the first few seconds of Breath if anyone wonders what he's doing. He didn't mess up and stayed on time, but a few listeners may notice. Ed is spot on for Breath though. Placing Breath, State of Love and Trust, and Alive together is grunge glory in its finest. All are quality versions as a whole. Good renditions of Baba O’Riley and a surprise full version of Little Wing end the show. This was the first and only time Little Wing was played in 2013 (a cool way to end such an ambitious show).

This was my fourth PJ show I was lucky to attend. Many of my personal favorites were played (In My Tree, Release, Go, I Am Mine, Grievance, SOLAT). But when Ed stated the next song was called Sleight of Hand, I about lost it. My favorite PJ song, and I didn’t think I would ever hear it. And to receive one of the best versions I have ever heard makes me so grateful for it. Comparing this to the other heavy weight of leg 1 2013, I feel Hartford has a slightly better flow and is a bit tighter. Nonetheless, PJ put on a wild, loose, unpredictable, but solid performance in Cville. Jeff steals this show though, basically every song he just shines. The bootleg sounds like a million bucks and is mixed perfectly.

Overall, I preferred Hartford as my favorite boot of 2013 so far, but Cville and Philly 2 are not far behind at all. All three have been the best of 2013 so far. Very anxious to hear Voodoo Fest though. They kept the Steve Gleason introduction in the boot, which is just wonderful to have.

• Options
    Cville 2013 8-)

Its here
    http://www.livedownloads.com/live-music ... le-VA.html

10C is slow today

Oh okay thanks.
    I have ordered my downloads there, good to know that they are faster.
    Can you also tell me if the fysical bootleg they send are the same as the one I'd order here on the site?

2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,626
    Oh okay thanks.
    Can you also tell me if the fysical bootleg they send are the same as the one I'd order here on the site?

They're the same. Livedownloads.com is part of nugs.net, and our PJ boots get shipped from Nugs.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    RS151862 wrote:
    Oh okay thanks.

They're the same. Livedownloads.com is part of nugs.net, and our PJ boots get shipped from Nugs.

Okay thanks. I couldn't know for sure as they have the tourposter as an imagine with the bootlegs.
    Know that I do I know that they'll fit nicely along side my other boots. ;)

2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,343
    BF89905 wrote:
    Philly 1 or Brooklyn 2?

Brooklyn 2
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    nola 13
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,921
    good air 2013....nice. I think the 05 boot is better though. Damn those people from argentina can sing!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,346
    Pap wrote:
    BF89905 wrote:
    Philly 1 or Brooklyn 2?

Brooklyn 2

Thank you for sharing your opinion. 'Be well
  • Options
    ninjadaveninjadave Jtown PA Posts: 131
    does that mean that nugs.com is doing the recording as well? is that the same outfit that records all the livedownload shows? the SONIC quality of this years boots seem to be much better than in past years, at least those in 2009. i have one 2010 show and i don't think its as good as this years....anyone know for sure, who is recording the band now?
    ~ ninjadave ~
    2003 - State College 05/03
    2006 - Cleveland 05/20 and Pittsburgh 06/23
    2008 - Washington DC 06/22
    2009 - Philly Spectrum 10/28, 10/30 and 10/31
    2010 - Columbus 05/06 and Cleveland 05/09
    2011 - Philly [EV] 06/25 and PJ20 09/03-04
    2013 - Pittsburgh 10/11, Buffalo 10/12, Philly 10/21-22 and Baltimore 10/27
    2014 - Detroit 10/16
    2016 - Philly 04/28-29 and Philly [TotD] 11/05
    2022 - Ottawa 09/03 and Camden 09/14
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    Seattle 11-6-2000 love this show. Is that quite possibly the best daughter tag ever? :shock: if not point me to some that rival it plz....
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Charlotte 2013

Its not holding up as well as I thought it would on bootleg. Cville actually sounded tighter, which was a surprise. Charlotte was a very average and vanilla show. The boot isn't bad, but not one of the best of 2013. Full review soon.

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560

Seattle 11-6-2000 love this show. Is that quite possibly the best daughter tag ever? :shock: if not point me to some that rival it plz....

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GYlgOGy0xk
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Charlotte 2013

Quite the “vanilla” and somewhat sloppy show Charlotte 2013 is. As a whole it is basically under Baltimore and Worcester 1 in terms of quality, and ranks closer to the bottom of my list for 2013 leg 1 bootlegs. Worcester 1 had the energy to help boost it (despite not being the tightest performance), and this is something I feel the Charlotte gig lacks. Not to mention, there is a sizable amount of small, somewhat careless errors. The follow up show to the wild Cville gig the night before does not measure up.

Pendulum sounds as good as it always does and better than a few other versions from the tour (cough, Brooklyn 1 and Worcester 2). Low Light sounds off at the very beginning. Stone’s intro is kind of messy and Ed comes in slightly off time. Present Tense kills momentum this early on in the set. Last Exit sounds mostly tight, but lacks the energy and punch it typically has. Ed’s voice is a little weak on Lightning Bolt and Mind Your Manners. Severed Hand is a dependable version, but I wish Mike and Stone were louder. The Atomic Dog tag on Daughter doesn’t fit the song well, and works better when tagged on Blood. Ed’s voice does sound kind of cool though, I must admit. The first live performance of Getaway was this show’s highlight. The song was played a lot in leg 2, so the impact of it on this boot is somewhat diminished. Furthermore, it is not a great version. Mike and Stone do not sound right. Mike is way too low in the mix and basically missing throughout the whole song. Setting Forth is a nice touch to the set and works decently well with Not For You. A good version of Immortality follows, especially Mike’s solos. Likewise, this is one of the tighter takes of Infallible but not perfect. Another song that typically has more punch live. Unthought and RVM is a decent, but typical way to close the main set.

With the exception of Bee Girl and Off He Goes, encore 1 was a greatest hits parade that the crowd enjoyed. I don’t mind the hits at all, but it was a far too predictable encore with just an average performance. Bee Girl is interesting to have, but nothing very noteworthy performance wise. Ed had some issues with his guitar during Off He Goes, but it wasn’t too noticeable. Comparing the sound of his acoustic guitar to that of Cville is a noticeable difference though. It has nowhere near the warmth or richness. The Time Warner Arena just did not have the awesome clear acoustics that the John Paul Jones did. Just Breathe-GTF-Betterman-Porch follow to end the first encore. Matt gets off time in the first verse of GTF, like he’s trying to go into the chorus too early.

Small Town starts the final encore and neither Stone nor Ed is on their A-game. One of sloppier sounding Small Towns I have heard in a long time. Encore 2 has two things going for it setlist wise, both are cover songs. The Who’s The Real Me is always welcomed in a set in my opinion. It sounds decent here but still has small timing issues. Unfortunately what could have been an intriguing way to close the show, All Along the Watchtower, is far from the best version of the Bob Dylan cover. Mike does not play the intro correctly and the song as a whole has a sluggish and sloppy vibe too.

This was my fifth PJ show and not one of my personal favorites. My girlfriend and I had a hard time at the show because the crowd around us was terrible, as were the acoustics of the arena. As a whole, the Charlotte crowd was quite decent, but the ones around us just played on their phones all night, stood there like trees, got too drunk, and rude. I had hoped the bootleg would hold up and make this a better memory for me, but that’s not really the case. It’s not as tight as I remember, and has a greater amount of small musical errors than Cville, which had a far more obscure setlist. All in all, not a terrible bootleg but it’s certainly just average at best. The band put on a fair show, certainly not bad. They are professionals, but you can tell the energy and attitude was lacking. Like my girl and I, and many in the crowd that went to Cville the night before, the band was reasonably tired. This one is easily comparable to Worcester 2. Both shows lack energy and had to directly follow very energetic shows the night before (respectively).

• Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    Charlottesville 2013
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Charlottesville 2013 was there (at livedownloads dot com) but now it's gone.

Hartford 96/24 HD FLAC is going to have to do while I WAIT.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Ive contacted 10c to see whats the deal with them and Nugs on Cville,Charlotte, and Voodoo. Ill let you know what they send me back.

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    berlin 10
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,984
    edited January 2014
    Will be randomly picking one of these today during this storm day! :)

• Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    I just visited the Downloads site and found no new ones. Must have taken them down.
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,984

I just visited the Downloads site and found no new ones. Must have taken them down.

They were available there since Wednesday around 1pm EST. They were taken down sometime yesterday afternoon.
  • Options
    Still no response yet from 10c on my questions about cville, charlotte, voodoo

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Philly I '13

Great opening sequence with Pendulum and Long Road, which fit together nicely as does Low Light - sounding excellent, possibly up there as one of my favourite versions. Why Go is back early in the set, much to my delight, and starts off a great sequence - Lightning Bolt, Mind Your Manners, Brain Of J, Animal, Pilate and Even Flow. Musically, this is the best performance of Mind Your Manners so far on the tour IMO, there is a couple of errors on Brain Of J and Pilate but it doesn't detract from the performance. Unfortunately on Infallible, Ed forgets some lyrics and then there is abit of confusion musically towards the end making this not a good showing. I Got Shit sounds excellent, really fresh is the best way I can describe it and leads into Wishlist. Let The Records Play and Spin The Black Circle are placed together and Rearviewmirror closes the main set.

The 1st encore begins with Man Of The Hour, which again sadly did nothing for me. Off He Goes needs a restart but is wonderful, pure beauty. The 'camp-fire' tempo continues with another excellent performance of Yellow Moon and then, making only it's 2nd full performance in the States, Mother. Not really a fan of this song but sounds perfect here. Given To Fly and Unthought Known change the pace to mid-tempo. 1/2 Full and Leash up the tempo further and with Ed missing the start of 1/2 Full we're treated too an extended (and pretty cool) intro. Porch is the final song in 10 song encore.

Crazy Mary kicks off the 2nd encore, and like at Worcester I and Brooklyn II the last 3 songs of the night are Alive, Sonic Reducer and Indifference. Alive is excellent, Sonic Reducer is slightly ropey in parts but Indifference is perfection.

Not at the level of Worcester II or Brooklyn II for me but some very good moments.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Philly II

It's the same opening 4 songs as Brooklyn II here - Pendulum, Wash, Nothingman and Lightning Bolt. Pendulum sounds abit heavier here. A few songs later, Amongst The Waves is played for the first time on the tour and fits between Mind Your Manners and Hail Hail. Satan's Bed (introduced by Ed as 'you've gotta have a rock n roll song about Satan) is next; first time played since PJ20. Untitled/MFC, Even Flow and Sirens work well together but Got Some stops the flow here. Present Tense & Infallible are great and World Wide Suicide gets a first play on the tour and really in an unfamiliar spot on the setlist. Do The Evolution is abit messy vocally and Better Man closes the main set.

The first encore begins with Parachutes, Ed telling the crowd the band were informed that last time they played Parachutes in Philly that they actually never finished the song. Yellow Moon and Comeback are next and it's a nice opening trio - some really nice and subtle guitar work on Come Back making it sound different than normal. Future Days follows and despite initially liking this, it's quickly wearing on me. Breath & State Of Love And Trust provide a Singles double header. Porch closes the encore.

The second begins with the band playing Last Kiss to the crowd behind the stage; Leaving Here and Blood are next. Alive, Baba O'Riley and Yellow Ledbetter complete the show.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Porto Alegre 2005

A peaceful and particularly folky sounding Long Road opens. Hard hitting versions of Last Exit, Animal, Do The Evolution follow. Jeff is noticeably loud in the mix for DTE and Cropduster, which is just ear candy and drives the songs even more. The rhythm section between him and Matt during Mike’s solo in Even Flow is in the pocket, extra groovy, and very tight.

There are many mishaps though, mostly all timing errors. Not Ed’s best vocal performance on SOLAT, but he sounds really strong on Habit (but the band isn’t tight). Matt’s drumming sounds a bit off on GTF. One of the worst versions of RVM I’ve ever heard. The tempo drops dramatically in the first verse and sounds like the band is about to quit playing. Ed doesn’t get the lyrics right a few times in the song, and the band gets off time coming out of the long bridge jam. The same occurs in the bridge of Crazy Mary. Marky Ramone plays drums on the Ramones cover, I Believe in Miracles. It’s not the world’s best version, but still kind of fun. Yet another off time moment occurs in Blood. The beginning of Baba is far too sluggish and slightly off time too!

A few great versions of some tunes here, mostly on Jeff’s part. Nonetheless, there are way too many small errors for my liking. I had not heard this one in a while and after giving it a hard listen, it’s not quite up to the standard I thought it was. A decent show and bootleg, but you can find much better from the fantastic 2005 tour.

• Options
    Montreal 2005

Unconditionally beautiful and undoubtedly emotional rendition of Release, clearly dedicated to Johnny Ramone. Next is Corduroy, it and Release work like peanut butter and jelly, perfect combination. The same goes for another one of my personal favorite combinations, Last Exit-Save You. The aforementioned opening four songs are all excellent quality. Ed says there must have been a lot of fucking since the last time they were in Montreal because there were not as many people last time they played there! EV also dedicates this entire show to Johnny Ramone, who passed away exactly one year prior to the performance of this show. I Believe in Miracles makes a very early in the set performance, but following Ed’s dedication, it is proper. Light Years, despite what sounds to be an out of tune guitar lick towards the beginning, it is a powerful rendition. Another Binaural song, Grievance, follows and sounds as fiery as always. Ed has to restart Sad after messing up the lyrics. LBC sounds pretty good here. Ed takes a few shots towards President Bush and a few funny remarks about what Love Boat Captain was originally titled. In My Tree is the version with Ed starting the song alone and Boom’s solo. I much prefer the old version; luckily they have been playing it like that for the last several years. Still, if you like the “new” version, this one is good. Stone’s solo in DTE is noteworthy.

Quite the uncommon cover to be played during a PJ show is Trouble, which opens the first encore. It has some mic feedback issues, but overall it’s a rare treat to have and Ed’s vocals are great. Man of the Hour is particular sorrowful sounding. Harvest Moon has always been one of my personal favorite PJ covers. Played only a handful of times in 2005 and once in 2006, it has become an incredibly rare cover too. Crazy Mary and Alive close the cover-heavy first encore.

Whipping gets the second encore off to a rip-roaring start, even if Ed just barely messes up the lyrics. Blood always works in the second encore, and this is a quality take with Ed sounding strong to be so late in the set. Ed’s voice also sounds wonderful on Black. I was surprised pairing those last 2 together didn’t make for an awkward flow, but somehow it didn’t seem strange. A very small timing error in the beginning of Ledbetter occurs. As a whole, the show was considerably tight though. The lyrics to Ledbetter are far more potent than usual, aimed towards Johnny’s passing.

Certainly an emotional night for the band, especially Ed. That heavy heartedness can be heard on many songs here, but the show never sounds sluggish or down. It’s one of my favorites from the 2005 tour. I appreciate Ed taking the effort to tailor such a good setlist that lyrically applied to how he felt that night. It is a setlist that clearly was structured around songs with similar lyrical themes of loss, love, appreciation, and death. My only complaint is a kind of annoying buzz or hum that appears for much of the middle of the main set. It’s not too loud and the music mostly covers it up, luckily.

• Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Amsterdam 2 2012

This show received certainly a lot of hype and largely considered by a lot of fans to be the best show of 2012. The setlist itself received a lot of attention from fans, as the setlist was entirely created by a life long fan as opposed to being created by Ed. It consisted of many more obscure songs with non-typical placement of certain songs that would appease most die hard fans. While you look at the setlist on paper, there are many "wow" factors that jump out at you. While creating the setlist for a PJ show would make a difficult challenge for any PJ fan, I have always had a difficuly time grasping the overall flow of the set from this show and I believe this boot receives more attention than it probably should. In no way am I saying this was a bad show and discounting how good the set list was by the fan who created it, but I do believe this boot is over-hyped by a large amount of fans.

The show opens with Wash, which is always welcomed and one of my personal favorite openers. As with a lot of songs in the set this night, this is the only appearance it makes in 2012. It's also the first signs of a quite shrieky Ed, and you can tell his voice is not in top form and sounds quite strained and quite shrieky throughout the entire show in my opinion. During the outro vocals of the song, he just can't hit that powerful range that he usually does and his vocals crack at the end. Things then kick off followed by Last Exit, Animal, SOLAT in an odd place in the set early on, Severed Hand, Corduroy, and I Got Shit (which also makes its only appearance of 2012). Most will think I'm crazy, and a part of me thinks I'm also crazy, but although I absolutely love all of these opening 7 songs - I just don't think they flow well together at all and they don't sound very cohesive together. This continued throughout the remainder of the setlist, and it makes it very difficult to reach out and grasp the flow of the set. Ed also continues to sound like his voice is strained and struggling through these first 7 songs, and doesn't quite have the rasp and power behind it that it normally has. The first 7 songs are fairly inspiring performances, but just don't sound as tight as usual either. Corduroy sounded very rushed, but the guitar interplay at the end of the song at the tail end of Mike's solo is rare and different than what he normally does. Next up is Daughter, and before the song Ed dedicates and makes a toasts the celebration of the 12th birthday of Chris Cornell's daughter Lilly, who is ion attendance. Nothing As It Seems then makes a very welcomed appearance midway through the set, and is a nice change from receiving Even Flow in that spot. This is also the only appearance NAIS makes in 2012, and is a fairly strong version. It does feel slightly rushed, but receives ravaging guitar play from Mike as usual and Stone's strumming during the intro of the song is stronger than usual. Got Some is then played next and then followed by one of my personal favorite PJ songs and always welcomed live in any setlist, Dissident, which also is making its only appearance of 2012. The remainder of the main set then wraps up with Once, Glorified G (only appearance of 2012), Deep, The Fixer, the ultra rare Bugs being played for only the second time ever to appease the die- hards, and Better Man. Bugs actually sounds rather good with the guitar instead of the accordion and is a condensed version, and actually transitions quite nicely into Better Man.

The first encore begins with the non-typical and ultra rare placement of Release - the ultimate PJ opener. This just kills me personally, because it's my favorite PJ song and what I consider to be their most powerful song and I feel it doesn't belong is any other spot in the setlist besides its normal opening spot. It just sounds off and weird to me anywhere else. It doesn't sound as powerful or rich as it normally does hear, and Ed's vocals certainly don't soar on this song like they normally do, which obviously has to be with the song being later in the set. Hail Hail is played next, which is followed by Alone and makes its only appearance of 2012. A beautiful Footsteps is played after, with a slightly more melancholy sounds from Mike's guitar and Ed's harmonica playing. A respectable, but not spectacular, performance of Rearviewmirror ends the first encore.

The rarities continue in the second encore, which starts with Crown Of Thorns receiving its only appearance of 2012, followed by Sonic Reducer. The prototypical ending to the show then ends with Baba O'Riley, Alive, and Yellow Ledbetter with the fellow fan who created the setlist for the show taking an introduction from Ed and bowing with the band to the crowd.

As I have stated. in no way am I discounting that this was more than likely an amazing experience for those who were at the show. I myself would have been surprised by each song played, but I do believe this boot has been a tad bit overhyped. I find the flow of the set very difficult to grasp, the mixing of the boot is fine for the most part and is average for the 2012 boots, and the performance by the band sounds more sloppy than usual - which is far better than any other band. I hate to sound like I'm picking on the guy, but it just wasn't the best night for Ed vocally, as his voice struggled throughout the entire night. By all intensive purposes, if you look to buy a boot solely on setlist and number of rarities played and the "rare" factor - then you should buy this boot. From a collectors standpoint, it is filled with rarities and a good one to own based on nostalgia purposes of the setlist being created by a fan. What's funny to me is that this setlist has garnished the opinion from many others in the past that this was one of the most rare or "best" setlists ever made, but in my opinion, it doesn't hold a candle to the setlists that we got from each show during the 2013 tour. Still I might add, a job well done by the fan who created it.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14