Options

Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    edited January 2014
    Spot on review for Amsterdam 2 '12, in my opinion. Good work. It had to be fun to be there but its one of the rare cases where the actual show and boot do not line up equally. I much preferred night 1 over 2 on boot.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,541
    Second night Katowice 2000..
    open with 4 slow..as they doing now..
    almost 15 years ago..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Very interested to hear the feedback for the Dallas and OKC boots that should be released this week. I was at both shows, and both shows were absolutely stellar and an excellent start to the second leg of the tour. I had a blast, and both were tight and extremely energetic shows with great crowds. I still have to wait until February to get my 2013 tour box set, but looking forward to hearing feedback on these two boots this week. I'm looking at you TamaDrummer91!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Hartford '13

As per the norm for this leg of the tour Pendulum opens. It's a really haunting version here compare to others.Strong performances of Long Road, Sometimes and Corduroy follow. Yet again Lightning Bolt is fantastic and after Last Exit, Ed addresses the crowd for the first time. Immortality and Even Flow let Mike and Matt showcase their skills and I'd say the performance of Sirens here is probably the best yet. I'd say the same for Let Records Play, sounds fantastic here and very cool. In between, Alone makes it's first appearance of the tour. Ed gets the crowd to do the 'oh oh oh' parts in Do The Evolution and it's the best of the tour so far, Ed acknowledging "it's like South America". Most of the time on the boots for this tour, it's sounded pretty lukewarm but here it is spot on. Again the crowd are on form, this time on Better Man.

Yellow Moon kicks off the first encore; Ed then says “This one wasn't on the list but we want to play it for a beautiful person named Avielle” and the band go into Come Back. Whilst an excellent version, I preferred the one at Philly II with the subtle guitar licks in the solo & outro. After Future Days, Ed tells the crowd the next song is a request and the opening bars of Chloe Dancer start obviously leading into Crown Of Thorns. There is about 9 and a half minutes of perfection right there. After Ed talks to the crowd, Mike goes into Eruption and then they play Ain't Talkin' Bout Love just as they did at Hartford '10. After Given To Fly, Ed says what sounds like "Don't go on us now" to which I expect them to play Go but instead it is Got Some! Ed talks to the crowd about events at Newtown whilst strains of Wasted Reprise are played by Boom. It's a particularly sombre moment. Ed then goes onto talk about the gun lobby and anyone with an ounce of sense would agree with his comments. Ed thanks the crowd for listening and the music resumes with Wasted Reprise/Life Wasted. Porch closes the encore and like every performance on the tour it goes to another length.

The second encore starts with the band playing Small Town to the fans behind the stage; it's much better than the Buffalo performance to the guys & gals behind the stage. Ed then gets the crowd to sing Happy Birthday for Matt's son Ray. Go is unusually placed in the second encore but is terrific and after Mike is briefly given the microphone to talk about Advocacy for Patients, Stone begins those opening notes for Alive. During the middle of Alive, Ed shouts out "fucking unbelieveable" and then "Dan? Can you see it!". Ed dedicates Fuckin' Up to Neil & Peggy Young telling the crowd they usually play Bridge School but couldn't this time cos they are on tour. It is the first time Fuckin' Up is played since Calgary '11. Indifference brings an excellent show & boot to an end.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,626
    YLed2 said:

Very interested to hear the feedback for the Dallas and OKC boots that should be released this week. I was at both shows, and both shows were absolutely stellar and an excellent start to the second leg of the tour. I had a blast, and both were tight and extremely energetic shows with great crowds. I still have to wait until February to get my 2013 tour box set, but looking forward to hearing feedback on these two boots this week. I'm looking at you TamaDrummer91!

I dont think OKC/Dallas will be in the shop this week, they still haven't debuted on Sirius yet. Neither has Charlotte, Charlottesville or NO for that matter.

Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    Not a PJ one. REM Horse Riding Stadium Munich 1999!
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    YLed2 said:

lol. Well you've got me ready to hear them for sure. OKC was one of my favorite setlists this tour, so I really look forward to it.

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Columbus 2010

The band seemed to be having a blast, cool setlist, good flow, and all around above average bootleg. Another one of the great ones from US 2010 tour.

Oceans and Given To Fly make a stunning combination to open the show, and does not happen too often. They flow well into one another and are two of the band’s more elegantly textured songs. Corduroy-Got Some-WWS work to up the tempo and energy. All are fine renditions. If Brandon heard “sections” of songs in Amsterdam 1 2012, I hear the same thing on this one. Faithfull-Small Town-Amongst the Waves are the solid mid tempo songs to provide some calm before Even Flow and Comatose appear. Matt’s kick drum is lost during Comatose. Most likely it was the kick mic that died. He handles this technical problem like a pro and many listeners will not notice.

The setlist is a dynamic one, but not devoid in flow or vibe. In fact, the vibe of the night is established by the fact it was “National Prayer Day” in the U.S. Ed has fun with this, stating he may look like Jesus but Stone is the “Jesus” of the group. Many songs tonight deal with religion as well: Faithfull, Comatose, Marker in the Sand, Unthought Known, and Do the Evolution. Furthermore, there are a few songs that can relate to the “religious” vibe too. Oceans, Amongst the Waves, and perhaps Just Breathe all deal with introspection and a sense of spiritual well-being (in my interpretation of course). Marker was a huge surprise song on the boot and not too shabby of a version either. There a few incredibly minute lyrical errors by Ed in Unthought Known, Alone!!!, and DTE. My girlfriend and I were listening to this one together, and she didn’t even catch them. One of my favorite PJ songs, Grievance, rocks hard here shortly before Fixer and DTE close main set.

The first encore is an enjoyable one, and a tad more on the heavier side. Just Breathe and Black flow well together and are the only slower tunes of Encore 1. Ed’s vocals are majestic throughout Black, and one of his very best vocal performances of the song in the last 8 years or so. Listen to him hold that long note and the crowd goes wild. It gave me chills. SOLAT, STBC, and Go are scorching back to back. Ed’s vocals hold up well through these hard rockers too to finish the encore. Come Back is dedicated to a local PJ fan who went missing, overall a solid version despite some mismatched lyrics. Hail Hail is an interesting choice to have in the second encore, very unusual. The quiet outro of Hail Hail works well to transition into Crazy Mary. Quality versions of Alive-Yellow Ledbetter conclude the show.

• Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    Holmdel, NJ 2003
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    Dallas 00
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Columbus 2010

The band seemed to be having a blast, cool setlist, good flow, and all around above average bootleg. Another one of the great ones from US 2010 tour.

Oceans and Given To Fly make a stunning combination to open the show, and does not happen too often. They flow well into one another and are two of the band’s more elegantly textured songs. Corduroy-Got Some-WWS work to up the tempo and energy. All are fine renditions. If Brandon heard “sections” of songs in Amsterdam 1 2012, I hear the same thing on this one. Faithfull-Small Town-Amongst the Waves are the solid mid tempo songs to provide some calm before Even Flow and Comatose appear. Matt’s kick drum is lost during Comatose. Most likely it was the kick mic that died. He handles this technical problem like a pro and many listeners will not notice.

The setlist is a dynamic one, but not devoid in flow or vibe. In fact, the vibe of the night is established by the fact it was “National Prayer Day” in the U.S. Ed has fun with this, stating he may look like Jesus but Stone is the “Jesus” of the group. Many songs tonight deal with religion as well: Faithfull, Comatose, Marker in the Sand, Unthought Known, and Do the Evolution. Furthermore, there are a few songs that can relate to the “religious” vibe too. Oceans, Amongst the Waves, and perhaps Just Breathe all deal with introspection and a sense of spiritual well-being (in my interpretation of course). Marker was a huge surprise song on the boot and not too shabby of a version either. There a few incredibly minute lyrical errors by Ed in Unthought Known, Alone!!!, and DTE. My girlfriend and I were listening to this one together, and she didn’t even catch them. One of my favorite PJ songs, Grievance, rocks hard here shortly before Fixer and DTE close main set.

The first encore is an enjoyable one, and a tad more on the heavier side. Just Breathe and Black flow well together and are the only slower tunes of Encore 1. Ed’s vocals are majestic throughout Black, and one of his very best vocal performances of the song in the last 8 years or so. Listen to him hold that long note and the crowd goes wild. It gave me chills. SOLAT, STBC, and Go are scorching back to back. Ed’s vocals hold up well through these hard rockers too to finish the encore. Come Back is dedicated to a local PJ fan who went missing, overall a solid version despite some mismatched lyrics. Hail Hail is an interesting choice to have in the second encore, very unusual. The quiet outro of Hail Hail works well to transition into Crazy Mary. Quality versions of Alive-Yellow Ledbetter conclude the show.

I really enjoyed reading your GREAT review of the Columbus '10 show!!!
    This show holds a very special place in my heart & I will always remember this AMAZING night at Nationwide Arena!!
    Mike's Pre-set performance of "Dead Flowers" & "That's All Right" got the night off to a good start, PLUS I'm a HUGE Band of Horses fan so I really LOVED seeing Ben & the boys open up for Pearl Jam!!
    I STILL can't believe we got the "Oceans" opener in Columbus...really made this a magical evening for me!!
    Thanks for letting me relive this wonderful evening!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Vienna 06
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Amsterdam 2 2012
  • Options
    New Orleans 2010..
    lets play some jazz..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options

Amsterdam 2 2012

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    edited January 2014
    Baltimore '13

Pendulum opens and I'm not quite sure what happens to the guitar early on. It's partly there then it isn't and effects are also added. All-in-all it makes fora substandard version. Following is a decent version of Hard To Imagine, for the first time in 2013. A couple of guitar problems beset Lightning Bolt early on and after the song finishes Ed addressing the crowd for the first time saying "23 years and it's the first time we get to say the three words: Good Evening Baltimore". Either side of Sirens, MFC and Habit both leave a good impression. Ed's voice sounds strained a few times on Sirens and obviously on Habit but it's still a top performance of Habit - the only performance in 2013. Ed tags in Lou Reed's Walk On The Side at the end of Daughter. Present Tense and Let The Records Play are sounding good, Setting Forth makes it's first outing in 2013. An excellent Rearviewmirror brings a main set that is lacking any flow to an end.

Yellow Moon opens the first encore and early on in the song, Ed's vocals sound strained; almost emotional, like it is hard to sing. Ed then talks about Lou Reed passing and dedicates Man Of The Hour. Following Nothingman, the band perform a cover of Lou Reed's Waiting For The Man. The 'Man' theme continues with Better Man. During Mike's solo on Porch there is an absolute killer riff being played by Stone - could listen to it all day! Loved it!

Once starts the second encore off brightly and is followed by the double epicness of Love Reign O'er Me and Black. Before Alive, Ed dedicates the song to the guy who fixed Ed's back a year or so earlier; Ed saying "I didn't even think I'd be able to play again". Stone is on fire during Rockin' In The Free World which brings the gig to a close.

Encores, especially the second encore I enjoyed but for me there was totally no flow to the main set and made it a difficult boot to get into. Definitely my least favourite boot of the tour so far.

Post edited by boyo79 on
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Driftin'AlongDriftin'Along Posts: 1,403
    edited January 2014
    9/14/1996 - No Code record release party at the Showbox in Seattle.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,899
    Second encore Philly 2 2013
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Brooklyn 2!!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    Philly 2005. I'm waiting forever for my Philly boots from this tour :-q
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Saskatoon 2005

After a strong performance by Ed on Release, he tells the crowd that the first few songs would be recorded for a relief effort put together to help folks affected by Hurricane Katrina. It’s a short speech, but he lays much fault at the hands of U.S. Govt. for not helping enough. Energetic take on Corduroy, especially from Mike and Matt. The early songs in the setlist here (Save You-GTF-DTE-Animal) are standard but tight versions. Insignificance and Green Disease are the early highlights setlist wise and good performances. Funny enough, the first somewhat noticeable error was Ed mismatching lyrics in Even Flow. Present Tense-I Am Mine-SOLAT is a quality song stretch. SOLAT definitely sounded invigorating. Small Town drops the tempo quickly, but feels right. I Got Shit is always welcomed in my book, and it’s an interesting version here. Ed sings the second verse, first. Then he sings the first verse, second. I thought he was going to mock it up, but performs it wonderfully. His vocals cut out during RVM, probably a technical error. Not a bad version overall, Matt is particularly strong.

Glorified G sounds a tad rusty but far from a tragedy; Jeff’s bass sounds great. Ed makes a tiny lyrical mistake on Whipping but catches himself well. Jeff stands out again on Daughter, his bass is mixed nicely. Matt is full of spirit on Daughter too, maybe the most energetic version I’ve heard him play on the VS classic. There’s lots of drum fills and different rhythms from his norm. Off He Goes sounds perfect, Matt paying close attention to his dynamics on this one (playing soft when he needs and harder when called for). Awful mic feedback from Ed’s harmonica in Footsteps is hard on the ears, and coming back into the final chorus is slow to take shape. Not timing wise, but the band just goes quiet and you can hear Ed chuckle. Stone and Mike’s guitar work during Porch is top notch. Running Back to Saskatoon is played for the first time, and sounds a little ropey but all in the name of good fun. The same flawed nature can be applied to Last Kiss, not Ed’s most convincing version (some lyrical errors). Luckily, Alive sounds as good as always. RITFW closes, a somewhat less than stellar version though.

Good vibes and flow to this one. The last half of the show isn’t quite as tight as the first, and drops this one a notch. Nonetheless, the show is no slouch or stinker. Unless my ears are playing tricks on me, this is one of the better mixed 2005 boots too. Saskatoon is another really good show from a fantastic leg in Canada 2005.

• Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Werchter 2012

The fesitval shows starts off at a fast pace, with Do The Evolution making a very unusual appearance opening a show. This has to be one of the very few times it ever opened a show, and although it's my not my favorite personal choice for an opener, it does work pretty well and is a good fit for a festival. Ed's voice is noticeably sounding much stronger than the prior Amsterdam 2 show. You immediately notice how crisp Matt's drums sound in this mix, and his snare sounds piercing and very crisp. Following DTE, they immediately screw up the beginning of Got Some and Ed quickly recovers stating to the crowd "playing very large crowds can sometimes be very difficult" and then they go into Got Some again. The energy stays uptempo and we then receive the always welcomed and killer combination early on with Interstellar Overdrive > Corduroy takes place. Both are strong versions and the mix on this boot showcases some crunchy guitar work with body tone, and again Matt's striking drums. The tempo is then brought back down with Elderly Woman played next. Ed totally loses place of himself after addressing the crowd early on while singing, saying "it looks like a beautiful ocean out there" between lyrics and then absolutely misplaces the lyrics after that. This then transitions nicely in to Given To Fly and the tempo is brought back up with respectable performances of World Wide Suicide, Comatose, and Even Flow in the typical mid-set placement. Ole then makes its only appearance of 2012 and they immediately screw up the intro, and have to start over again and sounds rather sloppy. Ed then dedicates the net song and shows a lot of respect for Jack White, who played earlier in the night on the same stage, and talks about keeping vinyl alive and they then play Spin The Black Circle, and sounds more off key and jumbled than usual. Following is STBC is Daughter with Another Brick In The Wall tag, which sounds lovely and Matt's drums again stand out. Just Breathe follows with a somewhat rare place in the set list, and receives some good singing from the large crowd at the festival. I'm not the biggest fan of this song personally, but this is a very strong version of this song and one of the best I've heard on a boot. This receives a rather rousing ovation and singalong from the crowd and transitions nicely into Why Go next. Matt's drums again sound rich on Why Go, and Jeff's bass and the guitars have some bite. Both crowd pleasers Jeremy and Better Man close out the main set. The crowd sings the first verse to Better Man too soon, and Ed stops the song and says to the crowd how good they sound, and then goes back into playing.

The band receives the largest ovation of the night coming back for the first and only encore of this short show. Ed, trying to saty classy and show respect to other artists, gives shout outs to the other performers at the festival who played before them. He then goes on to say about anyone who's an aspiring musician, to not stay in school, and wishes for them to stand up there on the stage their on and see something like he's seeing and says it's a beautiful thing. They open the encore with Unthought Known. Public Image then makes it's only appearance of 2012, and last time played to date. The guitars sounds very good on this, and again as I've stated throughout the review, Matt's drums sound crisp. The typical 1-2-3 punch of Alive, RITFW, and Yellow Ledbetter then close the show.

As a whole, this is a very short show/boot, especially by PJ standards, but is due to the festival. Overall it's another rather very typical festival set list, laced with the hits but the overall flow of the set list is fairly cohesive. As is the case with many of the 2012 boots, I did enjoy this boot, but it's far from being in the top half of the 2012 boots. Ed's vocals make an obvious rebound from the prior Amsterdam 2 show, and Matt's drums shine on this boot - it's probably the highlight of this boot for me. Overall the mix of this boot is another top notch product, much like all of the 2012 boots, and the guitar mix is crisp to go along with Matt's piercing drums. There are some definite spotty performances in the show, and appears they are still trying to shake off the sloppiness bugs from the prior Amsterdam 2 show in some spots. What totally gets me sometimes when I listen to PJ boots, and also makes you appreciate them even more and not to take them for granted, is that they can have a rather "average" or "substandard" performance or show like this, but for most bands this would be considered an excellent show and boot. We are indeed spoiled by this band and their everlasting live output.

Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    That is some review man!
  • Options
    Calgary 2005

The Betterman jam is unbelievable.

This boot is in the car at all times to be played loud.

The jam at the end......Wow.

Turn it up folks!
  • Options
    BA 13
  • Options

Calgary 2005

The Betterman jam is unbelievable.

This boot is in the car at all times to be played loud.

The jam at the end......Wow.

Turn it up folks!

Gonna listen to this boot soon. Haven't heard it in full for a while, used to love it though. I doubt my feelings will change. A killer setlist too,that first encore looks golden.

• Options
    Deluna festival 2012..
    ''Of the earth'' it's one of the greatest song they ever made..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:

Deluna festival 2012..
    ''Of the earth'' it's one of the greatest song they ever made..

One of my favorite tunes too and a great great bootleg.

• Options
    boyo79 said:

Baltimore '13
    During Mike's solo on Porch there is an absolute killer riff being played by Stone - could listen to it all day! Loved it!

First of all thanks for pointing this out. I didn't notice this because the start of Porch was a little messy and I just prefered listening to the Worcester 1 version. But it is indeed a nice bit of Stone's magic. I have listened to it a few times now and it sort of blows away Mike's solo if focus on Stone.
    boyo79 said:

Baltimore '13
    Present Tense and Let The Records Play are sounding good, Setting Forth makes it's first outing in 2013. An excellent Rearviewmirror brings a main set that is lacking any flow to an end.

I can't argree with you here. I enjoy reading your reviews, but I think you are being way too kind for Present tense.
    Personally I hate it, it is the worst version I have. And that isn't due to Mike because the gitar sounds very nice. Ed starts it of by singing let me ask you have you seen ......, not a nice start of the song. Ed forgets the lyrics. I din't like it that he made it a sing along. I mean it's great if the crowd sings along, but this is no song to distract yourself by calling for it. I also didn't like him changing the lyrics to into some fucking white light. Again this is not the song for it.
    Present tense for me needs to be small and frigile. Not a fan of this treatment of the song. It distroyed the magic of the song which normally is almost like a painting for me. I get al these images, and now that didn't happen.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    The Cure - Lollapalooza 13