Comments

• guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    pandora wrote:
    He's the man 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBSyvWoe ... re=related

can't find last nights ...it was unbelievable

looking forward to much more from him

I love my show! :D

He is one of my faves. I am a few episodes behind...and trying to catch up! Darn PVR...it just keeps piling them on.

I need to watch the Vegas episode and the Top 24...then the fun really starts. I love the transformation that occurs from the top 12 on.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    guitar59 wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    He's the man 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBSyvWoe ... re=related

can't find last nights ...it was unbelievable

looking forward to much more from him

I love my show! :D

He is one of my faves. I am a few episodes behind...and trying to catch up! Darn PVR...it just keeps piling them on.

I need to watch the Vegas episode and the Top 24...then the fun really starts. I love the transformation that occurs from the top 12 on.
    Oh I love that too,
    they say it every year but there really is some great talent there this season.

next week i think 4 go home ...2 guys and 2 girls to get the top 20...pretty sure

Casey went to the hospital this week and if he's not better by today I think he has to drop out.
    He is SO talented and the stand up bass...man he just plays it! I hope he stays.

Another fav for me Scotty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj2Q6vSQHn0 love me that baritone ...
    sweet young man :D

Enjoy getting caught up and tell me whatcha think :D
    Yikes! It is on again, and I am still not caught up! ;)
    I do not even know if my favourite guys made the cut! I should turn off the computer and start watching!
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... d_and.html

Pheww, he's my fav. Hope he wins, or the little red haired dude that's really nice to everyone. :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    Its fun starting to get to know them all!

For me too it's Casey but sometimes the early favorites...they lose favor. I wish he could have that bass with him...a real connection there to his instrument.

And Scotty, the baritone smooth old style country singer...mmmmm....what a lovely voice.
    I don't think there has ever been an old school type country singer on AI ...always more popish.
    He is sweet as sweet can be.

I also like the rocker James Durbin. He is a humble young man. Great voice and stage presence.
    Big heart with a lot of passion.

Man, Paul McDonald doing Rod Stewart was very different...to the point I really liked him. His voice very unusual and he's just so nice and easy going.

Wonderful group this year... I'm loving the judges ... which I was not a fan of Steve Tylers but thats changing. He seems thoughtful. Really thinking and caring about the kids. I'm glad he's there ....he's a good fit.

Girls tonight! I can't remember any rockers? They are my favorites usually.

I love this! :D
    Loulou wrote:
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/7798060/casey_abrams_reportedly_recovered_and.html

Pheww, he's my fav. Hope he wins, or the little red haired dude that's really nice to everyone. :D
    :thumbup: yes!! personality and persona very important...got to like them too. :D
    guitar59 wrote:
    Yikes! It is on again, and I am still not caught up! ;)
    I do not even know if my favourite guys made the cut! I should turn off the computer and start watching!

Yea it was a good first show, some very solid voices.

I thought the back up singers and band/orchestra was a little overwhelming for some of the voices. But they haven't gotten much voice coaching yet though so maybe they are hiding them some :lol:

Time to pick your faves even if you aren't caught up! I think 2 guys and 2 girls
    go home Thursday. Girls tonight! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaeJCU5JAaw
    Not sure I have a favourite at the moment. There are some I do not really care for...and quite a few I like. They grow so much as they meet all the weekly challenges, then I usually pick a favourite that I root for. I am excited for the show this year, the talent is so great. In previous seasons these early shows were almost painful to watch, this year not so much pain. Can't wait until tomorrow to see who stays! ;)
    pandora wrote:

I thought the back up singers and band/orchestra was a little overwhelming for some of the voices. But they haven't gotten much voice coaching yet though so maybe they are hiding them some :lol:

I thought the poor audio mixing was just my TV ;)
    I think they mix it poorly on purpose, because I remember thinking the same thing in the early shows every season!
    guitar59 wrote:
    Not sure I have a favourite at the moment. There are some I do not really care for...and quite a few I like. They grow so much as they meet all the weekly challenges, then I usually pick a favourite that I root for. I am excited for the show this year, the talent is so great. In previous seasons these early shows were almost painful to watch, this year not so much pain. Can't wait until tomorrow to see who stays! ;)
    It gets hard to see them go as it moves on.

We don't vote...I tried that once and got very upset when my rocker girl went home pretty early on...
    I thought maybe I brought her bad luck. :lol:
    For me its better to just leave it up to the powers that be.

I agree lots of talent...most especially the menfolk this year.

I have a few faves for the ladies...I lean toward rockers and thats not defined this season

Lauren Turner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfbnBlPKtjw

Kendra Chantelle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfgnYS07OBY

could bring a little rockin though

Rachel Zevita .....she's the quirky one... different
    not spot on last night doing Fionna Apple's Criminal but good
    I didn't think as bad as the judges made it out to be.

We'll see tonight :mrgreen:
    Well that was shocking..first time yes no that the cuts were so many.
    It's a good top 13 but sad to see a few leave before we really got to know them.

Glad a few of my faves stayed

I'll be rooting for the menfolk...the couple ladies I liked didn't get through last night.

Now it gets good 8-)
    pandora wrote:
    Well that was shocking..first time yes no that the cuts were so many.
    It's a good top 13 but sad to see a few leave before we really got to know them.

Glad a few of my faves stayed

I'll be rooting for the menfolk...the couple ladies I liked didn't get through last night.

Now it gets good 8-)

Yes, they did this round a little different this year! I am excited for next week. ;)
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    they should've just cut it down to 3 guys and 3 girls last night... the only ones really worth watching are the black guy and jew fro

and the show wouldnt have to be 2 fuckin hours long that way
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    they should've just cut it down to 3 guys and 3 girls last night... the only ones really worth watching are the black guy and jew fro

and the show wouldnt have to be 2 fuckin hours long that way
    Oh I love having it last and watching them improve..since I was a little girl I liked talent contests

but yes you can pick out the early best and who will make it to the last nights

I am not fond of the black fellow...I little too emotional for me...like a broadway type
    if we are thinking of the same guy

I do kinda like the rocker James Durbin and of course Casey...give him back his stand up bass!
    He rocks!
    pandora wrote:
    I do kinda like the rocker James Durbin
    not to pick on the guy for something he cant control, but his crazy eye brow spasms and overall weirdness don't scream "american idol"... its more important that the "winner" be marketable than talented

i don't want casey to win for the same reason... theres no reason for the poor guy to be stuck with one of those shitty AI contracts

I can see what your saying, I'm not sure how it works out over there but over here on Australian Idol, the person who comes in second or third usually does better than the winner anyway for some reason. Could be the fact that they are not stuck with singing the shit song they choose for them?? Don't know? I think James is very good, the songs he sings are a little too Guns and Roses style for me but I like the fact he has tourettes and still manages to pull off a damn good performance. Having a neurological problem is a big thing when your performing in front of thousands of people and I commend him for that. That should be the kind of person that should be marketable as well as inspirational.
    pandora wrote:
    not to pick on the guy for something he cant control, but his crazy eye brow spasms and overall weirdness don't scream "american idol"... its more important that the "winner" be marketable than talented

i don't want casey to win for the same reason... theres no reason for the poor guy to be stuck with one of those shitty AI contracts
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Loulou wrote:
    That should be the kind of person that should be marketable as well as inspirational.
    you're right... but this is tweenage girls we're talking about with this voting... not the most sympathetic demo

plus he's kind of a crybaby :P

Well I spose since you put it that way, yes. The demo are very unsympathetic. Let's just hope they think he's winking at them instead. :lol:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    pandora wrote:

James has Tourette's that may or may not be marketable...
    there are many people who might find him admirable, dealing with it in a positve
    and inspiring way.
    speaking of marketable Scotty the old time country guy sure is
    for his genre'

I agree about the contracts but they did sign on ....price of fame
    Loulou wrote:
    I can see what your saying, I'm not sure how it works out over there but over here on Australian Idol, the person who comes in second or third usually does better than the winner anyway for some reason. Could be the fact that they are not stuck with singing the shit song they choose for them?? Don't know? I think James is very good, the songs he sings are a little too Guns and Roses style for me but I like the fact he has tourettes and still manages to pull off a damn good performance. Having a neurological problem is a big thing when your performing in front of thousands of people and I commend him for that. That should be the kind of person that should be marketable as well as inspirational.
    pandora wrote:

That happens here a lot too, runnerups often do better...made me laugh about the shitty song :lol:
    so true

I should have read your post before I posted...duh I said almost what you said...could have said ditto that
    and saved my finger...I type with one finger :lol:
    I'm fast too!! speaking of guns :D
    in all fairness, i should take back my "marketability" complaint

there was nothing sexy about ruben, clay, or the gay one in terms of tween girl interest... i don't know who votes for this... but they have eclectic taste

AI really has a horrible track record of putting out the worst artists around... i don't know why i still follow it / watch :?

seecrest seems to be more and more of a dick each season

there was nothing sexy about ruben, clay, or the gay one in terms of tween girl interest... i don't know who votes for this... but they have eclectic taste

AI really has a horrible track record of putting out the worst artists around... i don't know why i still follow it / watch :?

:lol: funny

Yes for me it is the process not the finished product...I did buy the fella with the gray hair, his cd
    and I think I somehow inherited Daughtry's but I don't listen to them.

Adam does a mean "Mad World" I enjoyed an unplugged special of his too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhFYLVTXiPE I love this song though
    pandora wrote:

:lol: funny

Yes for me it is the process not the finished product...I did buy the fella with the gray hair, his cd
    and I think I somehow inherited Daughtry's but I don't listen to them.

Adam does a mean "Mad World" I enjoyed an unplugged special of his too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhFYLVTXiPE I love this song though

I loved that season! I was a huge Adam fan. I loved that he was over the top. I was kind of glad he didn't win. I thought his career would take off faster if he wasn't the Idol. I still hear about him, and do not really know where Kris Allen is. My brother in law asked if American Idol winners really do much after the show. I know a few whose names I still hear(Carrie Underwood, most noteably, and a few do Broadway shows) but most seem to vanish.
    Tomorrow is Idol Day! I cannot wait to see what is instore...I enjoyed last week. Never heard anyone perform a Nirvana song before. 'Twas interesting... So far the kids I like are still on the show.
    Yeah, Smells like Teen Spirit isn't exactly the easiest song to pull off, think he did an okay job. I would like to see him do some Tom Waits and I would like to see that country fella with the low voice try some Johnny Cash. :D

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    guitar59 wrote:
    Tomorrow is Idol Day! I cannot wait to see what is instore...I enjoyed last week. Never heard anyone perform a Nirvana song before. 'Twas interesting... So far the kids I like are still on the show.
    Me too! I really get excited come Wednesday.
    Last week was very good...loved it
    good music from my kids era 80's and 90's

the week before through me a little when the genre changed
    or at least wasn't what I expected from a few when they could perform their picks.

Not sure what they are doing this week but can't wait! :clap:
    Loulou wrote:
    Yeah, Smells like Teen Spirit isn't exactly the easiest song to pull off, think he did an okay job. I would like to see him do some Tom Waits and I would like to see that country fella with the low voice try some Johnny Cash. :D
    Oh you said the magic words...Johnny Cash! :D

I hope so too!
    I am not the biggest lover of the new country music but I like Johnny Cash, he's got such an awesome low voice and his version of 'Hurt' is one of my favs. :D
    pandora wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    Oh you said the magic words...Johnny Cash! :D

I hope so too!

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Loulou wrote:
    I am not the biggest lover of the new country music but I like Johnny Cash, he's got such an awesome low voice and his version of 'Hurt' is one of my favs. :D
    johnny's version of "hurt" is not just a great song, but probably the most moving song ever recorded (IMO)

i literally tear up every time i hear it... it had a lot of significance to me as a NIN song and even more coming from him

beautiful music video too from a fabulous film maker
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ ... ure=fvwrel

country boy better not even try it

Loulou wrote:
    johnny's version of "hurt" is not just a great song, but probably the most moving song ever recorded (IMO)

i literally tear up every time i hear it... it had a lot of significance to me as a NIN song and even more coming from him

beautiful music video too from a fabulous film maker
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ ... ure=fvwrel

country boy better not even try it
    :lol::lol: No I don't think that song would fit him either. Something more jovial like Get Rythm. His version of Hurt is amazing and heart felt. Like his pooring his past straight into that song. Brilliant, I tear up too. :cry:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2