The American Idol....2011 Thread

Comments

• LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I know everyone will probably disagree and that's cool but I thought Hayley was the best last night. I thought those judges were on drugs when they said her first song was a bad choice, I think she was really good. I thought that Jacob?? is that his name??? was really bad on his first song. He ended up sounding screamy when usually I think he's not bad. That James guy was awful but mind you I hate those 2 songs so I guess my opinion was biased to begin with. Scotty was good with his first song but yes, he did seem to have his penis holding session again. His next song I thought was a bit boring considering he didn't change it up at all. That young girl I thought was good with her first song and down right lousy with the 2nd. I was waiting for the high part and she never attempted it. That part makes that song!!! I have only 3 words to say.

BRING CASEY BACK! :lol: (as long as he agrees to no more Maroon 5 songs!) :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    I miss Casey...loved Haley and Scotty this week...I do not think I will miss Jacob. I wish Jimmy got less air time...really hating him!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Lauren got a wake up call there

very glad Jacob went and not her but if Haley keeps doing this well Lauren might be leaving.

Haley's personality is really great ... she's a trooper and a relaxed confident performer

song choice a must for next week :D
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    it was odd how they did the elimination drama. Good for Scotty to not pick which side when Ryan aksed himto stand with the safe pair. I guess at this point a bottom three is the majority so it wouldn't mean too much.

Not surprised that is was Jacob this week.

Tour tickets go on sale next week and they will be in my town, thinking of going, especially given the price of seeing Metallica.
    We went for many of the beginning years when it was nearby at Phillips Arena.

Then they moved it to the new venue and it is over an hour one way
    and always seems to fall on a weeknight. We did go once up there had great seats
    too, it was fun.

This would be a good year, all the kids very talented but I haven't liked so much their group and pairing performances which is what the show is made up of.

that last one Happy Together I really didn't like and I like the song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sglWkw1FLLI
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    pandora wrote:
    that last one Happy Together I really didn't like and I like the song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sglWkw1FLLI

I know it really was terrible!! I too am glad Jacob has gone - his ego was getting out of control! Hayley was my favourite, she can do some amazing things with her voice.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    scored tickets in the pre-sale! Going to take my youngest son and my girlfriend to see them here in Reading Sept 7.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    scored tickets in the pre-sale! Going to take my youngest son and my girlfriend to see them here in Reading Sept 7.
    You'll have a great time!

Keep up on them a little... I needed a refresher course by the time they came around here the end of summer.

I think we'll pass this year.. venue is far from the house and of course it is a Tuesday night.

Enjoy!
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    What's the theme tonight?
    I'll be back
  • BronyBrony Posts: 631
    What's the theme tonight?
    the theme is vote for hayley! that girl has really grown on me the past few weeks
    Did I hear Lady Gaga is mentoring tonight :? maybe I made that up :lol:
    pandora wrote:

I hope her penis dosent flop out
    I'll be back
    pandora wrote:
    I saw something about Lady Gaga as I was forwarding through commercials. Tonight's show will be taped, but I really dislike Lady Gaga, so if they sing her songs I may be skipping most of the show. It might be funny though...
    Lady gaga, what a joke.
    I'll be back
    Lady Gaga has some catchy tunes though, she had some good advice too
    Didn't care for the alien cheeks last night :wtf: the weird can be going too far,
    Perhaps she has enough talent as a singer/ songwriter she doesn't need that now.

uh oh anyone think Scotty is going home?
    it should be Haley based on voice but often it is a popularity contest at this stage of the game.

Haley is the underdog but might pull out some votes

James is James well liked strong singer/performer

Lauren did pretty good last night and it seems the judges want her to win

Scotty has a career in country already and is well liked ... needs to work on stage presence still
    and what Gaga said about the microphone well she hadn't read some of the posts here :lol:

It's anyones guess and a matter of personal taste now
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    I thought Jennifer's comment to Haley didn't make any sense at all..

"Ok here you have James, He set the bar. That's what you have to think of when choosing your songs"

well....sorry jenn...but don't they pick the songs well before the performance?? So is Haley going to know that JAMES is going to set the bar that night????

I think they just have it in for her. Hoping for Haley and Lauren in the Final
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    pandora wrote:
    Lady Gaga has some catchy tunes though, she had some good advice too
    Didn't care for the alien cheeks last night :wtf: the weird can be going too far,
    Perhaps she has enough talent as a singer/ songwriter she doesn't need that now.

uh oh anyone think Scotty is going home?
    it should be Haley based on voice but often it is a popularity contest at this stage of the game.

Haley is the underdog but might pull out some votes

James is James well liked strong singer/performer

Lauren did pretty good last night and it seems the judges want her to win

Scotty has a career in country already and is well liked ... needs to work on stage presence still
    and what Gaga said about the microphone well she hadn't read some of the posts here :lol:

It's anyones guess and a matter of personal taste now

I think you said just about everything I was thinking about last night. But I will add that I really am disliking Haley's growl. To me it sounds forced and fake. Its beginning to sound like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I enjoyed James doing Journey, my kids said he needs to stick to heavier, metal type things and I agree, thats what he does, and does really well.

My guess is that Haley goes tonight
    :wtf: tell me :wtf: happened ...) :

James did not deserve that!
    pandora wrote:

Yeah, that was really odd. I figured Haley would go. I just chaulk it up to strange voting. I really wish they would release voting data, so we could understand how things like this happen. It almost would seem that the producers are fixing it to try to get the match-ups they want.

Still, quite an accomplishment for James, he is my favorite. I hope he is able to move his career into metal, either with his own band or maybe a band looking for a singer? I seriously think he could front Led Zeppelin.

I guess at this point I would like to see Scotty win it, the two remaining girls don't do too much for me.

Side note: Steven Tyler, I think I lost a little respect with that solo video. Dude, stick with what has worked for 40+ years - you need Joe & co.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Yeah, that was really odd. I figured Haley would go. I just chaulk it up to strange voting. I really wish they would release voting data, so we could understand how things like this happen. It almost would seem that the producers are fixing it to try to get the match-ups they want.

Still, quite an accomplishment for James, he is my favorite. I hope he is able to move his career into metal, either with his own band or maybe a band looking for a singer? I seriously think he could front Led Zeppelin.

I guess at this point I would like to see Scotty win it, the two remaining girls don't do too much for me.

Side note: Steven Tyler, I think I lost a little respect with that solo video. Dude, stick with what has worked for 40+ years - you need Joe & co.
    Oh man that video was embarrassing...and I really like him now.
    Would like to see a softer side of Steven in his music and age appropriate in his videos.

Best part was the Pussycat doll ;) singalong

I wanted James to win for so many reasons

now I really don't care

its going to be a lot less of a show (boring!) for the finale without James rockin it.
    I like James...I think he will make a career out of music yet. In many instances the non-winners move on to have far greater success. I will miss the rock numbers, now we are left with growl and country. Not a huge fan of either. I liked the Haley and Lauren duet. It maybe Haley's legs that get the votes...
    I think out of the 3 left, my fave is little Lauren. Although it creeps me out the way Steven oggles at her.
    Ok since when did Haley become the rocker? I missed something...

oh, maybe when James went home?

I call foul!

I was gonna vote for Scotty but didn't cause I don't vote
    but I thought he might need the vote :(

whomever was hoping for Lauren and Haley in the finals they just might get it

Rockers don't usually win.
    Yeah, last night was really odd. Odd in that now James is gone, I find myself liking Haley, at least last night I did. Maybe because she sang a Zeppelin song, and she did good (James would have 'slayed it' though).

I am not a country fan, so the other two aren't really doing much for me. I recognize that they are both really talented, but just not my thing. To me, Lauren sounds like just another country singer, I'll leave it to the country fans to judge. My girlfriend squirmed a little when Scotty sang Kenny Rogers, so I guess I know that he is doing something right.

Also, at this point its not a competition anymore, it hasn't been for weeks, it's just a showcase of a few people and one will get voted off each week until there is just one.

I think it might work better if once they narrow it down to final 10, they all stay in and have to keep singing each week. Voting each week would be cumulative, this way the standings would change each week, the competitors would have to really earn it. Then final show would determine final placings.

I guess I am bored with seeing just three of them, they really don't have anything left to prove, and people won't tune in if their favorite is gone.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Yeah, last night was really odd. Odd in that now James is gone, I find myself liking Haley, at least last night I did. Maybe because she sang a Zeppelin song, and she did good (James would have 'slayed it' though).

I am not a country fan, so the other two aren't really doing much for me. I recognize that they are both really talented, but just not my thing. To me, Lauren sounds like just another country singer, I'll leave it to the country fans to judge. My girlfriend squirmed a little when Scotty sang Kenny Rogers, so I guess I know that he is doing something right.

Also, at this point its not a competition anymore, it hasn't been for weeks, it's just a showcase of a few people and one will get voted off each week until there is just one.

I think it might work better if once they narrow it down to final 10, they all stay in and have to keep singing each week. Voting each week would be cumulative, this way the standings would change each week, the competitors would have to really earn it. Then final show would determine final placings.

I guess I am bored with seeing just three of them, they really don't have anything left to prove, and people won't tune in if their favorite is gone.
    Thats a very good point and an even better idea.. I like it!
    Would love to keep seeing them all perform.

Write an email to the show! :thumbup:

I never ever liked country til the past couple years or so... it might be the old thing :lol:

Scotty's baritone thrills me... I told my husband he needs to learn that one...
    "turn the lights down low"
    and do it in his deepest voice at karaoke

Mama be weak in the knees ;):lol:
    pandora wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I never ever liked country til the past couple years or so... it might be the old thing :lol:

haha!! funny thing is Scotty is only about a year older than my oldest son. When J Lo got all worked up, I commented about him still being a minor.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

haha!! funny thing is Scotty is only about a year older than my oldest son. When J Lo got all worked up, I commented about him still being a minor.
    he doesn't sound like a minor! :lol:

I didn't realize he was 16 when he auditioned
    I missed that somehow
    no wonder he has been a little awkward on stage...

I think he's been a favorite of the Grandma crowd :D
  • loveontwolegsloveontwolegs Posts: 501
    My American Idol brush with fame: I'm in the burbs like Haley. I KNOW her dad! He's in a couple of local bands, Skip Towne and the Grey Hounds, and the Harry Peter Project. My friend Bob plays with him often, and about 6 or 7 years ago I drank beers with him after a Harry Peter Project Show.

I know it is like 10 times removed (I know a guy, that knows a guy) but I felt a wee bit famous last night :lol:

http://www.skiptowne.com/harry_reinhart.htm
    My American Idol brush with fame: I'm in the burbs like Haley. I KNOW her dad! He's in a couple of local bands, Skip Towne and the Grey Hounds, and the Harry Peter Project. My friend Bob plays with him often, and about 6 or 7 years ago I drank beers with him after a Harry Peter Project Show.

I know it is like 10 times removed (I know a guy, that knows a guy) but I felt a wee bit famous last night :lol:

http://www.skiptowne.com/harry_reinhart.htm
    cool! thanks for sharing that!

They did a great job on Zeppelin last night...I was glad he was there when she slipped on the stairs

Dads can make things better... he told her he loved her and was proud... she is a trooper! :D
    Missed seeing all the performances...PVR didn't record...I will catch up on youtube. I saw the results show tonight.
    What was with the Italian guys? I kept watching (when I normally would have skipped) because I thought it was so odd. So very un-idol like...you usually get more well known artists on the final shows.
    I wasn't surprised with the results. The two that remain must have a loyal following.
    guitar59 wrote:
    Missed seeing all the performances...PVR didn't record...I will catch up on youtube. I saw the results show tonight.
    What was with the Italian guys? I kept watching (when I normally would have skipped) because I thought it was so odd. So very un-idol like...you usually get more well known artists on the final shows.
    I wasn't surprised with the results. The two that remain must have a loyal following.
    I really enjoyed the Italian group... so much emotion and lovely voices.
    Wonder what they were singing about :?
    Need to find some for the hot tub 8-)

It was very surprising to have 2 in the same genre
    but for me they are the two best voices of the season and that might be why it went that way.

I usually hope for the rockers but Haley wasn't really rock til her final performances.
    Rockers usually don't win.
    I loved Zeppelin but thought after there is alot of America that doesn't even know that song :shock:
    let alone like it. I think she should have stuck with an old time funky jazz thing maybe and well known liked songs.

I think Scotty might take this he's got the Grammas and 6 year olds vote :lol:

The shots of the devastation in north Georgia when Lauren went home... very heartwrenching.