The American Idol....2011 Thread

123457»

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    The Italian guys - what the heck?!! where did that come from?!? it just did not seem like those voices should be coming out of those guys, they sounded like the Three Tenors. I think the song they did was a re-work of O Solo Mio. It sounded like they called them The Uvulas......

Kind of dissapointed that Haley went, I was briefly a fan after Tuesday night's performance. And dissapointed that its down to only country singers. I mean I can appreciate country music, I think there is a lot of great songs, great singers, great musicians that do country, but it is just not my thing. Ok, maybe a little Johnny Cash or Willie Nelson, but not much other than that for me.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    The Italian guys - what the heck?!! where did that come from?!? it just did not seem like those voices should be coming out of those guys, they sounded like the Three Tenors. I think the song they did was a re-work of O Solo Mio. It sounded like they called them The Uvulas......

Kind of dissapointed that Haley went, I was briefly a fan after Tuesday night's performance. And dissapointed that its down to only country singers. I mean I can appreciate country music, I think there is a lot of great songs, great singers, great musicians that do country, but it is just not my thing. Ok, maybe a little Johnny Cash or Willie Nelson, but not much other than that for me.
    :lol: ... funny

yes I think a lot of people feel that way having Lauren and Scotty left

maybe they should switch it up and do some rock or pop!
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    They will each have to sing the "Idol Song". That song is always the winners first single. I think some years it is the artists ability to sing that 1 song that make them the winner. The year that Adam Lambert was a finalist (season 8) I think that was the case. He did not sing the song as well as Kris Allen...it just wasn't his type of song. He lost idol...but I think he has had more post idol success.
    I am not sure this song will be a good match for Scotty's voice. I would imagine that he has to chose his songs very carefully. I think Lauren could sing the phonebook and sound great. She seems to have more versitility with her voice.
    guitar59 wrote:
    They will each have to sing the "Idol Song". That song is always the winners first single. I think some years it is the artists ability to sing that 1 song that make them the winner. The year that Adam Lambert was a finalist (season 8) I think that was the case. He did not sing the song as well as Kris Allen...it just wasn't his type of song. He lost idol...but I think he has had more post idol success.
    I am not sure this song will be a good match for Scotty's voice. I would imagine that he has to chose his songs very carefully. I think Lauren could sing the phonebook and sound great. She seems to have more versitility with her voice.
    all true and I never really like that song! :lol:

It must be gonna have a country feel this year maybe??
    pandora wrote:
    guitar59 wrote:

It is usually written before the finalists are chosen. I am not sure if they alter it. I usually do not care for it either...except the year Fantasia won. I liked that one.
    guitar59 wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    guitar59 wrote:

It is usually written before the finalists are chosen. I am not sure if they alter it. I usually do not care for it either...except the year Fantasia won. I liked that one.
    me and Fantasia didn't get along ;) she reminded me of an old friend... not a good old friend.

I liked the Teddy Bear fella a lot from the early days.

My neighbors son was the runner up with Kelly the first year so I was rooting for him.
    He lives in New York... Dad here in Jonesboro... x police chief now commissioner.

Gee thats all I can think of... oh liked gray haired guy and long haired southern dude
    and of course Adam.

I wonder how many more seasons we got.
    pandora wrote:
    me and Fantasia didn't get along ;) she reminded me of an old friend... not a good old friend.

My neighbors son was the runner up with Kelly the first year so I was rooting for him.
    He lives in New York... Dad here in Jonesboro... x police chief now commissioner.

Gee thats all I can think of... oh liked gray haired guy and long haired southern dude
    and of course Adam.

I liked Bo, too. That was the only year Mr. Guitar would watch with me. I didn't really watch the season Taylor Hicks (grey haired guy) won. I like David Cook, still listen to him, too. He was a rocker...so they win occasionally. We get next year...audition dates are set.
    guitar59 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

and of course Adam.

I liked Bo, too. That was the only year Mr. Guitar would watch with me. I didn't really watch the season Taylor Hicks (grey haired guy) won. I like David Cook, still listen to him, too. He was a rocker...so they win occasionally. We get next year...audition dates are set.
    I liked David Cook too cool ... do we think 2 new celeb judges or will Steven and Jennifer be back?
    A little too much country for me tonight... not really my thing, but I thought they both sounded great. I think I liked Lauren best. I was glad I didn't just turn it off before the credits. I am still a David Cook fan, especially when he sings the songs I listened to in Jr. High School!
    guitar59 wrote:
    A little too much country for me tonight... not really my thing, but I thought they both sounded great. I think I liked Lauren best. I was glad I didn't just turn it off before the credits. I am still a David Cook fan, especially when he sings the songs I listened to in Jr. High School!
    David Cook did a great job on a super great song.

I agree, I think Lauren may have this especially with the Mom song... not fair!

I hope Scotty wins though! :D
    I watched it, but country is just not my thing, did not hold my attention too much. But from what I can tell, it looks like a tie, I thought they both did great.

I know I one point I looked up and there was some dude singing and a line of people in motorcycle helmets drumming with lasers and stuff and I thought what the heck? That really didn't fit into what was basically a country ho-down.

Hope Scotty wins.
    Yeah! Scotty!! :clap::D
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    good for scotty but I still think its should have been Lauren
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    Boo Boo wrote:
    I thought it would be... I was surprised
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    pandora wrote:
    Boo Boo wrote:

i was not surprised at all
    i'm guessing the target voters are little girls
    rocker chicks and guys in general probably don't vote AI

and even tho i don't do country
    i am a little proud that another north carolinian has won

fantasia and scotty won
    clay and daughtry did very well without winning

i WAS impressed to see beyonce, bono, the edge, and judas fucking priest tho
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
    chickweed wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Boo Boo wrote:

i was not surprised at all
    i'm guessing the target voters are little girls
    rocker chicks and guys in general probably don't vote AI

and even tho i don't do country
    i am a little proud that another north carolinian has won

fantasia and scotty won
    clay and daughtry did very well without winning

i WAS impressed to see beyonce, bono, the edge, and judas fucking priest tho
    :thumbup: I agree...loved the finale show

yes we were joking that Scotty got the 6 years old vote... that and the Grandmas too :lol:

I do like his song though... is it I love you this big? ... catchy
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    every time he opened his barritoned mouth
    i wanted to hear

sheets of empty canvas . . .
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
    chickweed wrote:
    every time he opened his barritoned mouth
    i wanted to hear

sheets of empty canvas . . .
    :D love those baritones ... get a little shiver ;)
    well, it looks like we called it! good for Scotty. I thought last night was an amazing show, I really enjoyed it! James with Judas Priest was way cool! And I heard that the 2 brothers from Stone Temple Pilots were in the band supporting Steven Tyler, I'll have to check the recording to see that again. Sheila E was drumming for Marc Anthony. And I liked the Spiderman song, my son said "that guy singing with Bono sounds like Bono. Tony Bennet - he messed up a bit. I enjoyed the segments they did on the judges, very funny.
    Little sad its over now :lol:
    It was a good season...I had to watch a little more of the episode then I would have liked...the kids would not let me skip Lady Gaga...although I did anyway...they are a little young to watch whatever could have transpired when the shirtless due crawled up with her...
    I would have been happy with either outcome...both kids deserved it.
    guitar59 wrote:
    It was a good season...I had to watch a little more of the episode then I would have liked...the kids would not let me skip Lady Gaga...although I did anyway...they are a little young to watch whatever could have transpired when the shirtless due crawled up with her...
    I would have been happy with either outcome...both kids deserved it.
    You never know from Miss Gaga :lol:

We watched this last night (dvr) I think she did an awesome job on SNL this my favorite :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7UcSCR09AQ

she has good comedic timing.... I think she's kind of sweet, really

Justin is one funny guy too... I love him... he's awesome!

Looking for my "endless buzz in Liquorville"!

Happy Friday!! :D
    ok, so we finally got to see the Live show last night and I have to say it was pretty good. Most of it was not my taste in music, but it was fun to see the talent. Each did 2 or 3 songs, some duets, and some groups. I don't remember all of it, but here is some quick tidbits:

Pia - was hot! and she sang great too

Naima - as goofy as she sometimes came accross during the season, she was one of the best last night, her voice was fantastic, I enjoyed her performance

Paul McDonald - sang Rod Stewart, of course, he was ok

Stefano - did really well, the mostly female audience appreciated when he took his shirt off

Casey - did one of those songs with the big bass, my girlfriend really liked it

Thia - was Thia, very consistent, same, same

Haley - sang House of The Rising Sun, did good, I can't get past her growl thing

Jacob - was ok

James - sounded like his voice was almost shot. He did GnR - Sweet Child o Mine and Muse - Uprising. I was hoping for something great and it almost was. During one of the final montages they di as a group, he did a few lines from a Whitesnake song and it sounded terrific. I still think he can do great metal, he's just got to get hooked up with a decent band.

Lauren - did good, she had a song about her mother and it was all weepy

Scotty - have to admit, he has an amazing voice. He can do things with his voice that others only wish they could do with other parts of their body. Of course he sang that song he auditioned with. Total swoon fest from the mostly female crowd. I believe he really has a great future.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    ok, so we finally got to see the Live show last night and I have to say it was pretty good. Most of it was not my taste in music, but it was fun to see the talent. Each did 2 or 3 songs, some duets, and some groups. I don't remember all of it, but here is some quick tidbits:

Pia - was hot! and she sang great too

Naima - as goofy as she sometimes came accross during the season, she was one of the best last night, her voice was fantastic, I enjoyed her performance

Paul McDonald - sang Rod Stewart, of course, he was ok

Stefano - did really well, the mostly female audience appreciated when he took his shirt off

Casey - did one of those songs with the big bass, my girlfriend really liked it

Thia - was Thia, very consistent, same, same

Haley - sang House of The Rising Sun, did good, I can't get past her growl thing

Jacob - was ok

James - sounded like his voice was almost shot. He did GnR - Sweet Child o Mine and Muse - Uprising. I was hoping for something great and it almost was. During one of the final montages they di as a group, he did a few lines from a Whitesnake song and it sounded terrific. I still think he can do great metal, he's just got to get hooked up with a decent band.

Lauren - did good, she had a song about her mother and it was all weepy

Scotty - have to admit, he has an amazing voice. He can do things with his voice that others only wish they could do with other parts of their body. Of course he sang that song he auditioned with. Total swoon fest from the mostly female crowd. I believe he really has a great future.
    :wave: :clap:
    thanks so much for this!

loved reading your review

We have gone a few times in the past and always enjoyed it.
    The venue is super far from us though and tickets kind of pricey...
    waiting for PJ tix in the South! :D

Sounds like America got it right with Scotty, looking forward to another season in January.

Not impressed with the previews of the 'new idol' though with Simon and Paula.
    Too much like America's got talent for me. Maybe we'll tune in the last few weeks
    see the final contenders.

Thanks again for posting :D
    It was odd - yesterday I really didn't feel like going at all - we are still recovering from PJ20, the weather is terrible, just non-stop rain, a lot of flooding, making traffic really bad and it had been so long after the show had ended I didn't rememeber who all the contestants were. But since it was so close to home and we spent the money on tickets we toughed it out and I am glad we did.

My girlfriend wondered if we will watch the upcoming season, I just went "ugh". But we will probably tune into the early episodes to see the auditions, those are fun, but I almost hope we do not get hooked on it again.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    It was odd - yesterday I really didn't feel like going at all - we are still recovering from PJ20, the weather is terrible, just non-stop rain, a lot of flooding, making traffic really bad and it had been so long after the show had ended I didn't rememeber who all the contestants were. But since it was so close to home and we spent the money on tickets we toughed it out and I am glad we did.

My girlfriend wondered if we will watch the upcoming season, I just went "ugh". But we will probably tune into the early episodes to see the auditions, those are fun, but I almost hope we do not get hooked on it again.
    That was how it was for us also, we had forgot it all by the time the live show came. :lol:

I like AI from when they make it to Vegas and on.

The early tapings this past year for me were better, as the whole show was, cause it was
    less mean and much more positive. I hope that continues.

I love seeing the young people go after their dreams and the families support them.

That's my kind of emotion :D