Homosexuals letting everyone know...

1234568»

Comments

• each to their own, we all have our opinions, it's just some looney extreme leftists will label you a homophobe for expressing an opinion.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    each to their own, we all have our opinions, it's just some looney extreme leftists will label you a homophobe for expressing an opinion.

:|

I'd say it's just as bad to label people as "looney extreme leftists" for having a differing opinion. :P
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • eMMI wrote:
    each to their own, we all have our opinions, it's just some looney extreme leftists will label you a homophobe for expressing an opinion.

I'd say it's just as bad to label people as "looney extreme leftists" for having a differing opinion. :P

I wasn't saying that. I say those who label someone a homophobe or racist for not sharing their PC views are looney extreme leftists.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    eMMI wrote:

I wasn't saying that. I say those who label someone a homophobe or racist for not sharing their PC views are looney extreme leftists.

racist? i thought you loved running?

i could go all day with those! :lol::lol:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • you sir, are the king, even greater than William Wallace. :lol:
  • I think for some it is a new identity, and therefore they embrace every aspect of that identity. When I was at University there was a guy on my course who showed no signs of being gay or camp at all for the first year, then when he came back after the summer break he announced he was gay and went into full on queen mode. His voice had suddenly become very camp, the kind of language he used - it was quite a surprise to be honest.

I suppose the need to define their sexuality so overtly might come from the fact that the world is still quite homophobic. Therefore some may see it that they can either be discreet, choosing to ignore the comments made around them and live a life of shame, or they can fully embrace the gay community and make it perfectly clear that they are gay and proud of it.

It's a bit like racism really. Very few white people will ever truly experience the prejudice that people of colour will. Sure we can empathise to an extent, but we're not likely to ever experience it at quite the same level.

I don't think I could cope with the pain of getting accepted to a university or hired at a job I was unqualified for simply because of the way I look. Just another way the man is holding "people of color" down.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • dunkman wrote:

racist? i thought you loved running?

i could go all day with those! :lol::lol:

lmao
    I knew it all along, see?
  • RYEzupSF wrote:
    I'd much rather have someone plaster their car with stickers of pride for who they are then in stickers of hate and intolerance. It is a lot easier to explain to a kid that someone is gay and proud, as opposed to trying to explain a sticker like "God hates Fags" or some sick shit like that.

I have a dear friend who is G-G-G-Gay. He grew up in small town, intolerant America and was beat up, stuffed in trash cans, physically and verbally assaulted from the time he was a small child. He survived it all and now flaunts the fuck out of how gay he is. And I think it is spectacular. I'm all for G-G-G-Gay. 8-)
    Well done.
    I second that
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?