Homosexuals letting everyone know...

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I don't think anybody actaully wants equal rights, thats just the argument to get them, once they have them, then it's time to create your own world, Black movies, Black music, Black Neighborhoods, plug in any minority, same story, just wanted to be treated equal, and when it happens turn around and kick everybody who isn't you and your kind out, but let a Hetro/WMA do this and you can call them every name/label in the book. Must be great to not be a Hetro/WMA, then your cry and wine until we give you everything you want.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    You people have a big problem with the words, "we", and, "they".
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I don't think anybody actaully wants equal rights, thats just the argument to get them, once they have them, then it's time to create your own world, Black movies, Black music, Black Neighborhoods, plug in any minority, same story, just wanted to be treated equal, and when it happens turn around and kick everybody who isn't you and your kind out, but let a Hetro/WMA do this and you can call them every name/label in the book. Must be great to not be a Hetro/WMA, then your cry and wine until we give you everything you want.
    :?
    Those venues were created because certain groups have been under or misrepresented by the mainstream venues. I'm sure if you asked nicely, they would let you in ;) I've been a member of various groups (i.e. Pride Alliance, Unified Black Students Society) even though I'm not gay or black. They were very welcoming.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    :?
    Those venues were created because certain groups have been under or misrepresented by the mainstream venues. I'm sure if you asked nicely, they would let you in ;) I've been a member of various groups (i.e. Pride Alliance, Unified Black Students Society) even though I'm not gay or black. They were very welcoming.

Nice.

And, please, I'd rather not hear the plight :roll: of the white man. We've had, and always will, have it too good.
    But you'll hear EVERYBODY else's plight?

Because they have had grounds for it, and still do. The last thing I feel is underprivileged in any way.

Because they have had grounds for it, and still do. The last thing I feel is underprivileged in any way.

When's it enough? When will somebody/anybody else be equal?
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    when a mass catastrophic disease hits and either all the men die or all the women die
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009

When short people get 10c seniority so they can actually see the stage :thumbup: (I'm serious...sort of)

I don't know if we'll ever get there...but it's worth working towards in my opinion (equality that is...not the 10c seniority thing) (sort of)

When racism, and every other "ism" is eradicated. And, I don't know about you and the world you live in, but that shit ain't going anywhere. If you or myself don't wanna listen to them, that's a choice, otherwise, let 'em go on with their bad selves. This world would be a lot less weird if that was the case(not being able to speak out). And I sure don't want that happening.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I said it's NOT JUST ABOUT sexuality... the overriding factor TO ME is the equal rights issue...

Well apparently the person had the same right to put the bumper stickers on their car as anyone else does.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    know1 wrote:
    I said it's NOT JUST ABOUT sexuality... the overriding factor TO ME is the equal rights issue...

Well apparently the person had the same right to put the bumper stickers on their car as anyone else does.
    Yeah but they can't marry the person in the passenger seat... at least not in my State (or most of them)
    GoiMTvP.gif
    I'm not really trying to make this point about gay's, but about minorities in general. I've listened to black people complain my whole life, ok, Got a Black President now, has anything changed in there eyes? No. When will it? then what's the point?

Straight White Man can't be the bad guy forever.
    I'm not really trying to make this point about gay's, but about minorities in general. I've listened to black people complain my whole life, ok, Got a Black President now, has anything changed in there eyes? No. When will it? then what's the point?

Maybe when it's not a big deal to have a black president...or a gay president, etc. etc.

The problem isn't the "Straight White Man", it's the majority. And as long as there's always a difference of "we" and "they" then there will always be a problem.
    know1 wrote:

And I think the point...at least for me...is that someone that is gay would even feel the need to have to put that bumper sticker on their car in the first place. Most heterosexual people wouldn't even feel the need to do that as the general assumption is usually that people are straight, and they probably never got shit for their sexual orientation so don't feel the same need to express pride about it.

Maybe when it's not a big deal to have a black president...or a gay president, etc. etc.

i hope your right, but i wonder if it's just human nature to attack, i see it in the celebrity world all the time, We build someone up and then tear them down.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    know1 wrote:

And I think the point...at least for me...is that someone that is gay would even feel the need to have to put that bumper sticker on their car in the first place. Most heterosexual people wouldn't even feel the need to do that as the general assumption is usually that people are straight, and they probably never got shit for their sexual orientation so don't feel the same need to express pride about it.
    I should get shit for my sexual procilivites :twisted: :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif

i hope your right, but i wonder if it's just human nature to attack, i see it in the celebrity world all the time, We build someone up and then tear them down.
    yeah...unfortunately I think it can be part of human nature to want to have power over others...not just when it comes to the "isms," but in a variety of ways. I still think if you see something that doesn't feel right, it's worth it to put the effort in to try and change it.

know1 wrote:

I should get shit for my sexual procilivites :twisted: :mrgreen:
    me too :oops: :lol:

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553

I beg to differ.

At La Casa de Unlost Dogs, it's a rule of the house that the Straight White Man will always be the bad guy and thus, takes the blame for everything.

:twisted:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009

I beg to differ.

At La Casa de Unlost Dogs, it's a rule of the house that the Straight White Man will always be the bad guy and thus, takes the blame for everything.

:twisted:

I'm very responsible, every time something goes wrong, I'm responsible.
  • http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/port-p ... 6000244031

Now this is just going too far......
    Call me a homophobe if you want to but this is a disgrace......
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i'm not that bothered by flags though Thoughts... very Americany to be bothered by a flag.

those gaudy nun outfits in the photo make me want to stab Elton John though.

;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • I wouldn't have a problem if the Aussie flag was flying as well, you don't take the countries flag down and fly another flag like that.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    I know what you are saying... i.e. if they had removed the Aboriginal flag there would have been a massive outcry.

world has gone politically correct crazy...

I must admit i get annoyed by things like MOBO awards, Black Actors Awards, gay pride marches and all that shit... not because they are having them, i couldnt care a jot... but i get annoyed that if i wanted a White Actors awards or a Heterosexual Pride March i'd get absolutely damned for it... and thats a shame and its wrong.

the worst one I can think of is the time i looked in to joining the Fire Service and on the application form it said "we especially welcome applications from people of Asian or Black ethnicity"

or words to that effect... and again i think thats just wrong. it should just read "we especially welcome applications"
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • I don't have a problem with them (contrary to popular belief here that I am a big homophobe) but I have a problem with them always ramming it down everyone's throats that they are gay, now they want their own country it seems.....
    I reckon even other gays would be embarrassed by these antics.
    I don't have a problem with them (contrary to popular belief here that I am a big homophobe) but I have a problem with them always ramming it down everyone's throats that they are gay, now they want their own country it seems.....

people think you're a homophobe?? I thought you loved your house?
  • dunkman wrote:
    I don't have a problem with them (contrary to popular belief here that I am a big homophobe) but I have a problem with them always ramming it down everyone's throats that they are gay, now they want their own country it seems.....

people think you're a homophobe?? I thought you loved your house?

:lol:

I love your humour
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262

From the article:
    Cr Powning questioned why the flag issue was only raised when the council honoured the gay, lesbian, bisexual, intersex and transgender communities.

“It makes me wonder why people raise the issue at this time because we replace the Australian flag on United Nations Day, Sorry Day and Naidoc (National Aborigines and Islanders Day Observance Committee) Week,'' she said.
    She said the council was following its own protocol on the issue, which allowed the Australian flag to be taken down in exceptional circumstances.

“The protocol states that the Australian flag will be flown from the highest pole on every day of the year from all of our town halls, with the exception of a number of events including … pride march.”

And mind you, not one mention of the gays wanting their own country, I think we can all agree that that statement was a bit ridiculous. ;)

Anyhoots, I see nothing wrong with flying the gay pride flag, it's not like this is a permanent change.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."