Options

Formula One Freaks-this is it!

Comments

• Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Rygar said:

Big news for the day:
    So Long Montezemolo
    Shocking, but not surprising, if that makes sense.

kinda sad news! I like him, always thought he was a character!
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Well don't feel too bad, he isn't hurting for dollars and will head some other Ferrari this or that. Think of the last 7 years and you'll feel better :P

He WAS a character though.
  • Options
    I think the Ferrari Brand itself will suffer, this Fiat guy seems like a clown, just profit driven.
  • Options
    Idris said:

I think the Ferrari Brand itself will suffer, this Fiat guy seems like a clown, just profit driven.

http://www.planetf1.com/editorial/9467722/Getting-To-Know-Mr-Marchionne
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Idris said:

http://www.planetf1.com/editorial/9467722/Getting-To-Know-Mr-Marchionne
    I kinda dislike him more now.
  • Options
    Apparently Luca said (before he exited) "Ferrari is now American
  • Options
    Doesn't matter, after 7 years of poor/outright terrible performances and this is all inevitable. Give the new guy a chance before writing him off.
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Doesn't matter, after 7 years of poor/outright terrible performances and this is all inevitable. Give the new guy a chance before writing him off.

I'd keep Luca in charge of Ferrari road cars. I just believe in his vision for the company.

I think keeping Ferrari (production) cars limited is a good idea, not increasing production like the fiat guy wants and is set to do.

The F1 side of things, ya, change perhaps needed to happen.

Luca helped make Ferrari what it is, even after this slump, I'm still a fan.
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Anyone seen Rush. Incredible movie. I can't recommend it highly enough
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    Yep, I agree too, it was fantastic. I saw it in theatres, but the blu ray just arrived in the mail this week ;)
  • Options
    The Hunt v Lauda Doco is great and I've watching old season reviews from the 70's and from Senna's era whenever I can get my hands on it. Reading up about Hunt and Lauda's relationship. They lived together while they were racing Formula 3.
  • Options
    I've got the doc but haven't checked it out yet.
  • Options
    Austicman said:

Anyone seen Rush. Incredible movie. I can't recommend it highly enough

Top movie, for any genre!

Acting, directing, writing...All so good,
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    Nice night time race!

1) Hamilton -> 241
    2) Rosberg -> 238
    3) Ricciardo -> 181
    4) Alonso -> 133

1) Mercedes -> 679
    2) Red Bull Racing -> 385
    3) Williams -> 187
    4) Ferrari -> 178

Five more races to go!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,505
    Great race! I love the Singapore GP.
  • Options
    Entertaining. Merc's reliability has to be among the worst now?
    Qualifying was a let down come Q3 for us Ferrari fans, looked so hopeful!

Next up Japan, I don't expect a good showing from the Prancing Horse on that track.
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Qualifying was a let down come Q3 for us Ferrari fans, looked so hopeful!

The SC messed up everything for us.

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Really sounding like Alonso is on his way out of Ferrari. That sucks (for Ferrari and their fans). Looks like money talks, McLaren!
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Really sounding like Alonso is on his way out of Ferrari. That sucks (for Ferrari and their fans). Looks like money talks, McLaren!

I'd like to see Alonso at Red Bull, Vettel can go to Ferrari, after the way Alonso left McLaren last time, I'm surprised he would want to return, having said that...as you said, "money talks"
  • Options
    As far as contention goes, a move to RBR is what Alonso would do, but I don't see that happening. Which means it's to McLaren (a downgrade at this time), meaning it is all about the money.
  • Options
    Bye bye Fernando!... :-h I never really liked him, especially as a person. And please don't let Vettel wear that red uniform! [-X Bring back Massa if you want experience, otherwise sign up a really talented and aggressive driver such as Perez, Maldonado, Gutierrez or Kobayashi (he's only 27-28 and has already participated in 73 races). We can always become a Finnish team bringing in some more "cold blood" (i.e., Bottas).
  • Options
    I wouldn't want any of them (except Bottas) in the Red!
    I am kind of hoping they take Hulkenburg or Bianchi. If Alonso goes to RBR you can bet Vettel is going to Ferrari (which I also don't like).
    Like him or hate him, Alonso is arguably the best on the grid and Ferrari will be notably worse off without him.
  • Options
    Alonso is a good driver, but never underestimate Kimi.
  • Options
    I'm not underestimating Kimi - I'm not even talking about him ;)
  • Options
    Seb must be going to Ferrari. I don't see any other teams where he can be outright number 1 driver.

http://autoaction.com.au/breaking-sebastian-vettel-leave-red-bull-2014-replaced-daniil-kvyat/
  • Options
    He can't be outright number one there either with kimi signed. I came to post the Vettel news too. I think it is likely he goes to Ferrari while Alonso goes to mclaren. But I am real lolly hoping Vettel goes to mclaren instead of Alonso (however unlikely that seems). Damn damn damn this sucks :P
  • Options
    Also came to post the news hahaha!
  • Options
    I have to download qualifying which sucks, but at least I'll get to watch it in glorious HD.
    Still shocked about these driver changes! Still holding out hope that Vettel goes to McLaren! haha
  • Options
    Oops, confirmed Alonso to mclaren and Vettel to ferrari. Boooo!!!