Options

Formula One Freaks-this is it!

Comments

• Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    eddiec said:

I liked Hamilton when he was coming up and won his first championship. Now he has become a little brat. He should trade in those $80,000 diamond earrings for a liitle maturity.

Not a fan of Hamilton, but the guy can drive, He is for sure one of the best on the grid.

I'm also not a fan of some of the people he associates himself with, but that's not really my concern. Its his life.

I also liked Nico when he was a rookie, but these days he just seems to be the one crying like a baby. Even more so than Hamilton. Or so it seems!

for the record, I was sooo pulling for Massa that year Hamilton won the championship.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Pap said:

Monaco! The most exciting and fun to watch GP of the F1 calendar! What a shame for Kimi... X_X

Monaco blooooooowwwws. To get rid of this dated atrocity is a wish I'll never see fulfilled.
    Idris said:

eddiec said:

I liked Hamilton when he was coming up and won his first championship. Now he has become a little brat. He should trade in those $80,000 diamond earrings for a liitle maturity.

Not a fan of Hamilton, but the guy can drive, He is for sure one of the best on the grid.

I'm also not a fan of some of the people he associates himself with, but that's not really my concern. Its his life.

I also liked Nico when he was a rookie, but these days he just seems to be the one crying like a baby. Even more so than Hamilton. Or so it seems!

for the record, I was sooo pulling for Massa that year Hamilton won the championship.
    Agreed on Hambone. I don't like him at all but he is good. He and Vettel are looking pretty childish at times.

I am liking Ricciardo's performance against Vettel!
  • Options
    I gotta say, this is the first year I'm liking Vettel...!

I hope he continues to act well towards his team mate, who is comprehensively beating him so far.
    -

On Monaco, (personally) I like the track/race, it was the first race I watched (on tv) as a kid.

So its sentimental to me in this way. As a race itself, I've seen some exciting Monaco races, Enough that it should remain on the calendar.

I would like to see Monaco in person, that would be something cause of the atmosphere.

• Options
    It's an awesome hot lap, and would be fun to be in Monaco at the time, but the race is generally a predictable parade. I have probably bitched about this race every year in this thread :P
  • Options
    Best qually of the season, great to see Massa on pole!

Hambone botched his lap, ends up way down. Will be good to see a Merc battling back through the field a little and having to race instead of opening up a 10 minute gap on the first lap ;)
  • Options
    Can't wait to leave work and check qualy! Was happy to read Massa on pole.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    First podium for Bottas! =D>
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    9th to 4th in 3 or 4 turns...ok that wasn't much to watch after all. Merc still dominant but good to see some of Williams' potential being realized.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,505
    That was a great race to watch. Cool location, Williams on the front row, different strategies etc.
    I am really enjoying this season so far!
  • Options
    I really like the track
  • Options
    3 races in July, can't wait.

• Options
    No Monza after 2016?! You're kidding me?!... What's next? No Monte Carlo?! :-O
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Is Monza off the table official?
  • Options
    Probably just Bernie trying to squeeze a few more Euros out of the organizers just like Montreal
  • Options
    Idris said:

Is Monza off the table official?

That's what he said. But after the end of its contract (2016).
  • Options
    smcleishsmcleish Oxford Posts: 137
    Get_Right said:

Probably just Bernie trying to squeeze a few more Euros out of the organizers just like Montreal

This is most likely it, but it's a well known fact that Montezemelo wants a Grand Prix held at Mugello... I guess much like Mateschitz and the Austrian GP

Great result for Williams in Austria - that was a big boost to factory in Grove, hope we can carry the form into Silverstone...
  • Options
    Finally a decent race for Scuderia and Alonso...
  • Options
    Tough luck continues for the Iceman. They need to fix that turd machine.

Good to see Alonso showing Vettel how it is to have to race, lol!
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    2 from 2 for Dan :-SS Doesn't hurt that I had $5 on him at each race and got 26 to 1 and 34 to 1 respectively :D
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    Austicman said:

2 from 2 for Dan :-SS Doesn't hurt that I had $5 on him at each race and got 26 to 1 and 34 to 1 respectively :D

During qually on his hot lap for q3 he went way off the track coming out of turn 18 and his time stil counted (good for p5 on the grid). Obviously his time counted, but I was under the understanding that all four wheels outside the white line (and he cleared that by a mile) and the time wouldn't count. Is it just specific sections of the track this is in effect?
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    I missed qualifying. Middle of the night stuff here in the colonies
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    Fair enough.
    Short story: Ricciardo went off during q3 on his fastest lap and it still counted, me no understand.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

en.espnf1.com/belgium/motorsport/story/172405.html

Hamilton: Rosberg said clash was deliberate
  • Options
    Way to go Kimi! Good ole' Fernando in there too! Bravo guys! Finally!...
  • Options
    Idris said:

en.espnf1.com/belgium/motorsport/story/172405.html

Hamilton: Rosberg said clash was deliberate

WTF is going on at Mercedes! Never fails that the competition for the championship erodes all friendships.
    This is a new low (or high, depending on how into the drama you are).
  • Options
    Pap said:

Way to go Kimi! Good ole' Fernando in there too! Bravo guys! Finally!...

Great to see the Iceman look so good in a race!
  • Options
    I am betting what he said wasn't "I hit you on purpose" but more along the lines of "I stuck the car up the inside on purpose". There's no way he said something so stupid lol
  • Options
    Rosberg was trying to make a point - Wolff

en.espnf1.com/belgium/motorsport/story/172425.html
  • Options
    that was a great race
    the race for fourth and fifth was awesome at the end
  • Options
    Big news for the day:
    So Long Montezemolo
    Shocking, but not surprising, if that makes sense.