Options

Formula One Freaks-this is it!

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I guess on the plus side, you can hear tires squealing now when they exit the pit boxes or cook their brakes into a turn, that is kind of neat.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,498
    I am enjoying the races, the new cars, new blood, and the Ferrari failures. :))
  • Options
    Get_Right said:

I am enjoying the races, the new cars, new blood, and the Ferrari failures. :))

Failures is the wrong word ;)
    They better get their act together. 6 years of the same bs.

On another note - was it just me or were the engines much more audible in Malaysia? I don't mind the noise difference, personally. Besides, the turbo sounds awesome!
  • Options
    At Ferrari, anything but a win is a failure!
    Not sure about the volume of the cars since its a TV feed, but I agree, the new cars sound cool.

I love the way they look, except for the anteater!
    :D
  • Options
    I don't like that nose either.
    Disappointed to see RBR rebound so quickly :P
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    edited April 2014
    Solid race, some good battles tday...Still weird watching without the high pitched scream of the engines.

• Options
    I don't mind the engine sounds at all at this point.
    I will say that that Ferrari, as well as being the ugliest car on the grid, is one pile of crap.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    Rygar said:

I will say that that Ferrari, as well as being the ugliest car on the grid, is one pile of crap.

You underestimate me... :)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:

I say that as a Ferrari fan ;)

They have been behind for almost 6 years. 2010 was close but they are not looking very competent as a team these days.
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Pap said:

I say that as a Ferrari fan ;)

They have been behind for almost 6 years. 2010 was close but they are not looking very competent as a team these days.
    I know that you' re a Tifosi too. :D I just wanted to remind you, that the championship has just began (3 races into it) and Alonso is in the first 4-5 drivers. So, don't worry. We have a long way to go...
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Stefano Domenicalli out at Ferrari. Loooong time coming.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
  • Options
    About time! Ferrari president didn't look all that happy in Malaysia watching a Force India overtake a Ferrari.

Probably was the final tip off the edge (so to speak)
  • Options
    loffy81loffy81 Posts: 153
    Really enjoying the racing so far and should only get better as the year goes on, the sound is nowhere near as good but getting used to it. Hears a recording from the track of both cars from the Australian GP.speedcafe.com/2014/03/15/audio-f1-sound-comparison-albert-park/ Bring on China!
  • Options
    RBR Aussie appeal has been dismissed, huzzah!
    http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/4/15721.html
  • Options
    So that NASCAR Haas team have been accepted into F1, may start next season.

I guess if they throw enough money into it and get the right technical talent, it could work for them.

• Options
    So the media (English), and some of the drivers (i.e. the ones that drive for Mercedes) say that the Bahrain GP was the most exciting in decades and has won people over. Really two drivers who have regularly destroyed the competition in this year's 3 GPs raced against each other, and that was great and exciting, but the entire race was no more exciting than any other in the last 6 years. Am I missing something or was the Bahrain GP actually the most exciting race in decades because Hambone and Rosborg challenged each other? :-??
  • Options
    I thought Vettel getting the order to let Riccardo pass in China was more exciting than the mercedes dual.
    You are not missing anything. Dont believe the hype.
  • Options
    Ya Bahrain was good because the quickest cars on the grid were allowed to 'fight', not really because of these new rules/engines.

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    i can't believe it's been 20 years...what a horrible weekend that was
    IMOLA, Italy (AP) — Fans and family members are gathering this week to pay their respects to former Formula One drivers Ayrton Senna and Roland Ratzenberger on the 20th anniversary of their deaths.

F1 drivers' chaplain Sergio Mantovani celebrated a memorial mass Wednesday in a packed room beside pit lane at the Enzo and Dino Ferrari track that once hosted the San Marino Grand Prix.

Ratzenberger's parents Margit and Rudolf sat in the front row and were wiping tears from their eyes on the exact anniversary of their son's death.

Ratzenberger, an Austrian rookie, was killed in qualifying on April 30, 1994 and Senna, a three-time F1 world champion, died the next day during the race.

"It's hard for me. But I have to be here to remember my son," Margit Ratzenberger said, in comments translated from German.

"But I think I (will) never come back," she added in English. "It's enough."

The attention around Senna's death brought about safety improvements at the Imola track and throughout F1, resulting in shorter straights, more room around dangerous turns and less powerful engines.

"Many things changed," Margit Ratzenberger said. "The helmets changed, the rules changed, and I'm very happy that because of this accident at least it got safer."

Rudolf Ratzenberger recalled how a memento linked to his son was found in Senna's car after the Brazilian's crash.

"We are very honored and very sentimentally inspired that we are here," he said. "Senna is also in our hearts. Senna had a flag of Roland in his car and he wanted to honor him if he had won. ... This is the fifth time I'm here in Imola. But for my wife it's still very difficult to be here."

While Senna's relatives were not expected in town until Thursday, fans had already come from far and wide with five days of memorials and tributes planned.

"Senna was a real driver," said Nedilko Matjas, a Croatian who came with two friends wearing homemade T-shirts that said 'Senna, 20 years' on them. "Now it's all business."

Peter Szecheny, a 32-year-old from Munich, Germany, rode to Imola on his motorcycle wearing his custom-made replica of Senna's helmet in the Brazilian flag colors of yellow and green.

"I grew up watching Senna and this is a great way to pay tribute to him," Szecheny said. "People always look at me at traffic lights and complement me for the helmet. People still remember.

Mantovani, the chaplain, was friendly with Senna, who held a strong Catholic faith.

"He always prayed before races," Mantovani said. "I can't believe it's 20 years. I was there when the accident happened. I remember talking to him before the race and it seems like yesterday."
  • Options
    Monaco!
  • Options
    eddiec said:

Monaco!

Hate this parade :P
    Good for looks though.
  • Options
    Rygar said:

eddiec said:

Monaco!

Good for looks though.
    Always the least exciting race but the biggest spectacle.

• Options
    eddiec said:

Rygar said:

eddiec said:

Monaco!

Good for looks though.
    Always the least exciting race but the biggest spectacle.

Agreed. As far as races go I'd rather have Valencia on the calender than this dinosaur!

Some good off-track drama today, starting to like Ricciardo (might have something to do with a Vettel hate).
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,235
    Will Power :))
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Monaco! The most exciting and fun to watch GP of the F1 calendar! What a shame for Kimi... X_X
  • Options
    Montreal...Ahhhhhhhh! What a race!!!
  • Options
    Idris said:

Montreal...Ahhhhhhhh! What a race!!!

Best race of the year...I guess because both Mercedes were in trouble.
    I haven't seen a crash like that in F1 in a long time, Vettel was lucky he didn't get rear ended there.
  • Options
    I liked Hamilton when he was coming up and won his first championship. Now he has become a little brat. He should trade in those $80,000 diamond earrings for a liitle maturity.
  • Options
    First podium for Ricciardo! Congrats to the RB team! But, I would prefer to see Massa (ex-Ferrari driver ;) ) win again after, what, 2008? :)