Options

Formula One Freaks-this is it!

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    edited November 2014
    Bernie wanted the last 3 races to be double points but the teams opted for just the last race (which makes less sense). We won't see it next year, I don't think.

As for Vettel's 89 million, there's just no way. Kimi and Fred RUMOURED to have been around 50, and Vettel 40 million more than both of them? Don't believe the hype.
    I'd be surprised if they even gave him as much as FA, to be honest. Maybe 89 over the course of his three year contract.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    Rygar said:

Bernie wanted the last 3 races to be double points but the teams opted for just the last race (which makes less sense). We won't see it next year, I don't think.

As for Vettel's 89 million, there's just no way. Kimi and Fred RUMOURED to have been around 50, and Vettel 40 million more than both of them? Don't believe the hype.
    I'd be surprised if they even gave him as much as FA, to be honest. Maybe 89 over the course of his three year contract.

KImi's contract was a reported 153M for three years. In 2007. 7 years later and a four time world champ, I think it is entirely possible. I would guess that it is laden with incentives. He makes 60 m base and the 90m if he wins the drivers championship. Crazy money but possible in formula one. Wasnt schumi's contract 60m at its height? And that was years ago.
  • Options
    I think a lot of that was speculation, historically. Usually is. Ferrari going public (is that the correct phrasing?) will open their books though so I guess we'll find out!

Of course it's possible, but I have a hard time thinking they'd actually pay him that much. Especially with their shitty cars.
    Hambone is doing his own negotiating, I had heard a number a while ago they thought he was looking for but I forget what it was. Maybe 50.
  • Options
    Rygar said:

I think a lot of that was speculation, historically. Usually is. Ferrari going public (is that the correct phrasing?) will open their books though so I guess we'll find out!

Of course it's possible, but I have a hard time thinking they'd actually pay him that much. Especially with their shitty cars.
    Hambone is doing his own negotiating, I had heard a number a while ago they thought he was looking for but I forget what it was. Maybe 50.

I dont think the racing team will be part of the entity that goes public. It may even just be Ferrari north america. You will never see the books for a top f1 team.

Anyway here is to an exciting weekend!
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    I have no idea who's gonna take it, I guess I dont really care, just wanna see a great race.
  • Options
    Not sure if I'll wake up for it or watch it recorded. Just hope I dont hear results before I check it myself.
  • Options
    All money is on Hambone. I'd say he's got er wrapped up unless his car catches fire, and what are the odds of that ;)
  • Options
    Idris said:

Not sure if I'll wake up for it or watch it recorded. Just hope I dont hear results before I check it myself.

I am definitely recording both qually and the race. I enjoy watching in the evening (US east coast) with an adult beverage or two.

No spoilers please!
  • Options
    SPOILERS

Interesting race, and I have to say Rosberg showed he is a real sportsman with his actions and comments during and after the race. Bravo.
    Good job by Hambone (ugh) to win the WDC this year, he earned it.
  • Options
    All in all, I'd say this has been one of the most interesting seasons I can remember.
  • Options
    I don't know if I'd go that far, but it was probably the best since 2010 in that at least the title was still up for grabs in the last race.

I'll miss Alonso's driving in a Ferrari, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Oh, it was for sure not the 'best' season, but rather 'interesting'.

Alonso said he basically started crying while pulling away for the formation lap. Emotional.

I loved Alonso in a Ferrari, he sure grew as a driver in those years.
  • Options
    Yeah I hated Alonso when he first joined the team, but didn't take long to win me over with his skills. I don't like Vettel, we'll see if he can do what Alonso did :P
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    edited November 2014
    Drivers: Hamilton / Rosberg / Ricciardo
    Constructors: Mercedes / RBR / Williams

Congratulations to Hamilton! I was amazed by his driving skills throughout this year. He certainly deserved it. Also kudos to Williams for their third place at the boxes (their previous one was 9th)! Kimi needs to do much better next year. I don't like the fact that Ferrari will be fourth at the pits, but maybe it's for a good reason. ;) Here's to a more exciting 2015-2016 championship! ~O)
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Disappointed that we did not get to see Hamilton and Rosberg battle it out for the title. So much potential for a dramatic finish. I really enjoyed this season and cant wait for next year!
  • Options
    Chaos in Maranello!
    They are gonna spend a billion dollars to fix that team.
    Which is nothing considering they make 10 times that amount off the knuckleheads who buy their overpriced gear. hahahahaha.

(No offense Rygar)
  • Options
    Get_Right said:

Chaos in Maranello!
    Which is nothing considering they make 10 times that amount off the knuckleheads who buy their overpriced gear. hahahahaha.

(No offense Rygar)

Funny!
  • Options
    Get_Right said:

Chaos in Maranello!

(No offense Rygar)

Haha, none taken!
    We'd all drive a Ferrari if given the chance, even you ;)

And as long as it gets fixed, spend away :P
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Great season. Still not a fan of Hamilbum but that's got nothing to do with his skill I guess %-(

Dan and Valtteri are absolute standouts for me. Can't wait for the day these two are going at it up front with each other. Real racers.

Absolutely fascinating season ahead though. Can't help but think of all the goings on already. Will Verstappen cut it. Can Seb do a Michael(although I'm not expecting too much for a year or two). Riccardo and Kyvat at RBR. Alonso at McClaren. Honda coming in. Plus the 50 things I can't think of at the moment and the THOUSAND dramas that I have no idea about!

It will be very sad if Jensen doesn't get a ride. He can still push it with the best of them. Seems like one of the nicer fellows among them as well. Champion racer and good guy.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    It was a good season for drama, that's for sure! A little better than the Vettel dominance as at least Hambone had a teammate who pushed him.
  • Options
    Alonso & Button for McLaren-Honda
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Love it.
  • Options
    Nice! I like Button, good driver and seems like a cool guy.
  • Options
  • Options
    Austicman said:

Carlos Sainz Jnr out of nowhere with a Torro Roso drive.

B-) What if he's as talented as his father?...
  • Options
    I am not a Button fan even remotely, but I have to say that the McLaren line up is really good on paper (so was the Ferrari line up before last season actually started!).
    Will miss FA in the red car.
  • Options
    Maybe Pap. He must have some serious skills to get this far at 20. Dad was amazing on the unsealed roads.
  • Options
    Williams FW37

fw37_2.jpg
  • Options
    Force India VJM08
    1022.6666666666666x767__origin__0x0_Force_India_2015_livery.jpg