Options

Formula One Freaks-this is it!

Comments

• Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    I'm really rating Bottas now. He's got some serious skills. Having said that does anyone know if this is Massa's last season. It should be.

Caught up on a whole lot of F1 Doco's over the last few weeks.

1 - Great production,editing, music and Fassbender's narration is excellent.
    50 Years of Formula 1 On Board - Senna's '89 quaily lap of Suzuka is magical. Better than Monarco '88 in my humble opinion.
    Grand Prix-The Killer Years - Has plenty of graphic footage that will make you lose your lunch but also a great look at some of the priceless characters of the 60's and 70's.

The more I see of these doco's the more a reckon Michael was the most overall complete driver I've seen. NO ONE could wring a cars neck like Senna. I wish I got to see Jim Clark race, and that in a decade that had The Beatles, Stones and Hendrix, Jackie Stewart was one of the coolest cats the 60's has ever produced B-)
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Austicman said:

I'm really rating Bottas now. He's got some serious skills. Having said that does anyone know if this is Massa's last season. It should be.

Caught up on a whole lot of F1 Doco's over the last few weeks.

1 - Great production,editing, music and Fassbender's narration is excellent.
    50 Years of Formula 1 On Board - Senna's '89 quaily lap of Suzuka is magical. Better than Monarco '88 in my humble opinion.
    Grand Prix-The Killer Years - Has plenty of graphic footage that will make you lose your lunch but also a great look at some of the priceless characters of the 60's and 70's.

The more I see of these doco's the more a reckon Michael was the most overall complete driver I've seen. NO ONE could wring a cars neck like Senna. I wish I got to see Jim Clark race, and that in a decade that had The Beatles, Stones and Hendrix, Jackie Stewart was one of the coolest cats the 60's has ever produced B-)

I think Massa is still under contract for next year. He's a quick driver, I actually think he's underrated to a large degree.

Bottas is just fantastic, a future champ!

'the killer years' was intense to watch. I agree MS was overall the most complete driver.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Idris said:

I think Massa is still under contract for next year. He's a quick driver, I actually think he's underrated to a large degree.

Bottas is just fantastic, a future champ!

'the killer years' was intense to watch. I agree MS was overall the most complete driver.

I'm not raining on Massa's skills at all. He hasn't looked hungry. As always just my humble opinion.
  • Options
    Yes yes thats True. regarding his 'hunger' (lack of it). Well at least it seems that way.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    Alonso in Lotus?

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Don't see it happening Pap, but you never know.
  • Options
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    :)) Romain Grosjean wishes he was coming third :)) :))
  • Options
    Austicman said:

:)) Romain Grosjean wishes he was coming third :)) :))

Hahaha!
  • Options
    Pretty interesting race...
  • Options
    Just saw Alonso's post race interview...lmao!
  • Options
    Where did you see it?
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Where did you see it?

NBC after the race, post race interviews.
  • Options
    Why are they talking about Ferrari having to pay Alonso off? All the speculation says it is Alonso that wants out of his contract.
  • Options
    Great track.
    Very glad to eat my words when it comes to Massa. Dan looks good. Though it looks like the whole team was in his corner last weekend.
    So Lotus are getting the Mercedes engine and McLaren get the Honda. Stoked that Honda are back! Alonso "doesn't think" he will have a Mercedes engine next year. So its a MASSIVE driver bill at Ferrari or McLaren for him I think.
  • Options
  • Options
    Austicman said:
    I love those little clips!
  • Options
    Sweet! :)
  • Options
    I quite enjoyed that one! =D>
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Lewis hit the jackpot with his lady, Nicole Scherzinger
  • Options
    Good job by Rosberg yesterday.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    Killer ride by Rosberg. Amazing how fast that circuit tore up those tires.
    Gotta love when the title comes down to the last race.
  • Options
    Really excited about Abu Dhabi! This is it!

Like the thread title.. Formula One Freaks-this is it!
  • Options
    Finally confirmed, Vettel to Ferrari 3 yr contract, Alonso out but hasn't confirmed McLaren yet.
  • Options
    And more importantly, Jules Bianchi is out of his medical induced coma. He is still unconscious and is breathing on his own.
  • Options
    I wonder if that 89mil a year for vettel is true,

Good to hear about Jules,
  • Options
    Haha there's no way 89m/yr is true!
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Haha there's no way 89m/yr is true!

Entirely possible if it is pounds. Didn't Alonso and Kimi have contracts in the 50m range?
  • Options
    And in the spirit of the first few posts, here are the permutations:
    HAMILTON WILL BE CHAMPION IF HE FINISHES...

First or second.

Third, fourth or fifth and Rosberg fails to win.

Sixth with Rosberg out of the top two.

Seventh or eighth with Rosberg not in the top three.

Ninth and Rosberg is not in the top four.

Tenth (or lower) and Rosberg is no higher than sixth.

ROSBERG WILL BE CHAMPION IF...

He wins and Hamilton is not second.

He finishes second and Hamilton is not in the top five.

He is third and Hamilton is out of the top six.

He is fourth and Hamilton is no higher than ninth

He is fifth and Hamilton is no higher than 10th.

Rosberg cannot win if he finishes sixth or lower.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    What's with the "Double Points" crap in the last race? Is Vince McMahon running F1 now?

Maybe next year they can have all the drivers out of the top ten have a "Money in the Bank" cage / ladder wrestling match prior to the last race ... the winner will automatically skip to 5th in the standings.

They could also make a "Loser Leaves Town" rule where last place is banned from competing in F1 for life.