Formula One Freaks-this is it!

Comments

• IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Rygar said:

Oops, confirmed Alonso to mclaren and Vettel to ferrari. Boooo!!!

Deep down, we all knew it!

I still rather see Alonso at RedBull, oh well.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    If he wants to win, surely RBR would have been his first choice (assuming RBR and McL were the two in question).
    Other than Vettel leaving RBR, nothing else has been officially confirmed even though we know what is going to happen...
  • PapPap Posts: 28,749
    Rygar said:

Vettel to Ferrari. Boooo!!!

:-q
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Honda power to Mclaren next year.

So so race. Dan's overtake on Button was superb. He's a racer. I'm not a one eyed Australian at all :ar! He would have to be the happiest after this weekends musical chairs.

I hope Bianchi is ok.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    Some good action in the race, rain made it interesting.
    With you on Bianchi, Austicman.
    Also, photo post-accident of the Marussia (Bianchi is still in the car, helmet on).
    Warning - there is no obvious evidence of injury to him in the photo, but the condition of the car speaks for itself:
    http://i.imgur.com/n3HKYVk.jpg
    Fark! Nasty! Looks like he went under the tractor. I'm not usually one to point fingers this early on but that was piss poor marshalling/ Race Control to bring the tractor out before the corner or even the track was isolated properly in such treacherous conditions.
    I saw the video as well. He does go under the tractor (which is lifted right off the ground). It is not good, but it's hard to tell how much of his head takes the impact vs the engine cover/intake structure (which right now for me is a good thing, that you can't tell).
    Watching the race I didn't realize how bad the water was on the track at the time until after the fact. Gotta feel for JB and hope this is a Massa-spring type incident and he makes a full recovery!
    Just saw the footage too. I have everything crossed for him because that was as nasty as an accident can get in this day and age. Schumy's Dr is flying to him as we speak.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    That track worker has to be counting his lucky stars after coming within a few feet of getting vaporized.
    Jason P said:

That track worker has to be counting his lucky stars after coming within a few feet of getting vaporized.

Having seen a video of just such a thing, you have no idea how accurate that is (unless you've seen the video too!)
    Bianchi crash. It's might get taken down. Just wanted draw your attention to the retard in the tower waving a green flag before and after the accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NUtn3NRlDs
    edited October 2014
    Austicman said:

Bianchi crash. It's might get taken down. Just wanted draw your attention to the retard in the tower waving a green flag before and after the accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NUtn3NRlDs

Had not seen the wreck (video) until now, man! That was a big impact, just hitting static weight like that, how horrific.
    Post edited by Idris on
    edited October 2014
    Austicman said:

Just wanted draw your attention to the retard in the tower waving a green flag before and after the accident.

Before you put the blame on one person, please read carefully the regulations for this specific circuit. You may then want to reconsider.

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    I understand all the technical side of how and why. I still think it was an incredibly poor decision considering the conditions
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,769
    Wow bad crash. He smashed head first into that crane. I am surprised he survived.
    Awful, just awful.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    wish i hadn't seen that

what the fuck was the crane doing there anyway?!
    norm said:

wish i hadn't seen that

what the fuck was the crane doing there anyway?!

removing another car
    then why wasn't there a local yellow? hell, trackwide yellow?
    norm said:

then why wasn't there a local yellow? hell, trackwide yellow?

Sutil's car had been moved to a "safe" location even though the crane was still on track. That is why you seen the green being waved. Hard to tell if Bianchi saw the earlier yellows-but I think they have yellow lights on the steering wheel-I am not sure.
    They do have the sector specific caution lights on the steering wheel (almost positive). The green flag would have been waving for where the marshal waving the flag is onlooking, which is a technicality - essentially from that marshal on the track is clear, as the crane was behind him. To that point there was double yellow flags, and leading up to that corner, as well as the track lights.
    JB had a big aquaplane leading into that corner, and skipped right over the gravel trap apparently. I doubt the flags really had much to do with his speed at the time of the crash, but that matters very little now, unfortunately.

Crash looks bad, still hoping for the best.
    thanks, rygar...hope he'll be ok
    edited October 2014
    That was a fairly uneventful grand prix.

HAM -> 291
    ROS -> 274
    RIC -> 199
    BOT -> 145

MER -> 565 (Constructors Champions)
    RBR -> 342
    WIL -> 216
    FER -> 188
    Post edited by Pap on
    Agreed. Amazing drive by Rosberg though.
    Yeah I had hoped for more after watching qualifying but the horsepower factor was too big. Sweet drive from Rosberg

The Bathurst 1000 was on before the F1 today. Much more exciting finish. 161 laps/ 1000kms and this is the last couple of laps
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nympv3L8swU

An accident from practice with a happy ending
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmEThjsnrh8
    hmmm, boring race, but best looking grid girls of the season :)>-
    ^ ;):))
    Another Herman Tilke snorefest. The track is nice. Putin was in the house lol
    Rygar said:

Rygar said:

Sitting with Bernie. Perfect chance to take out two dicatators. :)
    Ha! Good one :P