• Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,690
    As someone else pointed out earlier...

Live Pearl is Live Pearl Jam
    A Pearl Jam release is a Pearl Jam release
    More PJ vinyl is more PJ vinyl...

so I'm still happy.

HOWEVER

There is a simple solution to what a lot of people on here are complaining about. And it seems that it would be VERY PEARL JAM OF THEM... to have 10 clubbers say.

Similar to the way they wanted everyone to vote for their favourite songs for Pearl Jam Rock Band.. how come they couldn't announce this idea a while ago.. come right out and say: "We're planning a follow up record to Live on Two Legs... we want you to select songs that were performed from 2003-present to be included on this record" Seems fairly easy to me. And it kills two birds with one stone.

1) You'd get a better record in my opinion. Who better to choose songs for a live album than the people who are buying it?

2) No one could really complain about the selection of songs because it was "voted in by the fans."

That said regarding the setlist... I wouldn't call it weak.. but I am surprised they passed over on a few songs:

1. Arms Aloft
    2. World Wide Suicide
    3. Animal
    4. Got Some
    5. State of Love And Trust
    6. I Am Mine (SUB in Last Exit)
    7. Unthought Known
    8. Rearview Mirror
    9. The Fixer
    10. Nothing As It Seems
    11. In Hiding (SUB in In My Tree)
    12. Just Breathe
    13. Jeremy
    14. Public Image
    15. Spin the Black Circle
    16. Porch
    17. Alive
    18. Yellow Ledbetter

There ya go.. two subs that in my opinion lift the setlist to a higher standard. Again, in my opinion :)
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    I love it.....

PJ releases just about everything. How many bands can sustain this type of exposure in terms of flooding the market with music and still be this relevent?!?!

Regardless of how you feel about the album itself, the fact they are even giving us the opportunity and decision to purchase this is cool. If you don't like it...shut the f*ck up and don't spend your money.
  • Options
    I was actually thinking about this earlier last week as well... about whether or not Pearl Jam are selling out or not...

and let's face it people.. you can make the argument for either side.

Pearl Jam release more music than any other band. (at least that I know of)

And some of these items are big $$$$$$$$ (Ten Deluxe Edition comes to mind)

So when you look at it... you can certainly make the argument that they gouge fans because they know it'll sell to die-hards.

That's one way to look at it.

Here's how I look at it:

They release more music than any other band because they know their fans want more music.

CHOICE PEOPLE.

I see nothing wrong with flooding the market with releases and merchandise and leaving it up to the FANS to decide whether they want to buy it or not. Again, CHOICE.

It's better than loving a band that releases nothing. :)
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    Parksy wrote:
    I was actually thinking about this earlier last week as well... about whether or not Pearl Jam are selling out or not...

and let's face it people.. you can make the argument for either side.

Pearl Jam release more music than any other band. (at least that I know of)

So when you look at it... you can certainly make the argument that they gouge fans because they know it'll sell to die-hards.

That's one way to look at it.

Here's how I look at it:

They release more music than any other band because they know their fans want more music.

CHOICE PEOPLE.

I see nothing wrong with flooding the market with releases and merchandise and leaving it up to the FANS to decide whether they want to buy it or not. Again, CHOICE.

Not sure I agree on the "selling out" part...but I fully agree with the choice part. Well said....
  • Options
    Parksy wrote:

CHOICE PEOPLE.

I don't really feel that the Ten Super Deluxe was "selling out" at least not like that. I think they handled Ten really well. There were formats available for all levels of interest. Yes, the super deluxe was $$$, but there were enough bonuses in there to attract the hardcore fan.

looking at 10 legs from the hardcore fan perspective is honestly disappointing. We're the obsessive ones who already have the boots, etc. And there aren't really any goodies this time around to make it worth the extra $$$. But looking at it as a proper sequel to LO2L for the slightly-less obsessed fan makes it work. I'll probably get the CD only, but I just wish there were more goodies in the box set to make it worth the $$$.
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Parksy wrote:
    11. In Hiding (SUB in In My Tree)
    As much as I LOVE "In My Tree" and it's one of my PJ favorites, don't replace "In Hiding" with it.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    blindmuleblindmule Albany, NY Posts: 138
    I personally think this is great!

Is this is my "dream" setlist for a live album... not necessarily, but it looks GREAT.
    I havent purchased more than a handful of CD's in years really apart from live shows I have attended that bands sell post-show... I tend to buy only vinyl so I am happy to be able to have another great PJ record to be able to listen to!

I say great news! First we get Into the Wind vinyl re-release and now a cool live album!

There will be more stuff the band will release... :D
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,186
    2003-2010 might include cuts from the VFC shows. You all have no idea where these cuts are coming from. Some may not be from "official" bootlegs. Just saying.... 8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,740
    2003-2010 might include cuts from the VFC shows. You all have no idea where these cuts are coming from. Some may not be from "official" bootlegs. Just saying.... 8-)

quite right - it'll feature loads of 2007 on here.....
  • Options

:) Jeremy then?
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    So this is the Death on Two Legs that What Records was talking about. i think it looks really cool. Deluxe version for me from What.

And on a side note, why do people think the band needs to check with us before they make decisions? People, this is their band, not ours. They can release their stuff however they would like. The term "sold out/selling out" sold itself out a long time ago. It is a different day and age now than when that term was first coined.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    if it sounds like LO2L with all of the songs blending together perfectly like it's from one concert i'll be happy. i love the way LO2L sounds
  • Options
    megatron wrote:
    if it sounds like LO2L with all of the songs blending together perfectly like it's from one concert i'll be happy. i love the way LO2L sounds

+1
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    Yay! Finally found out this was a load of crap... as far as an over analysed ANNIVERSARY styled release goes. Anything like a retrospective live album a band this big puts out (from a superfan's perspective) would have been much better co-ordinated by the fans and their varied requests and this whole package seems a little weak.

...and yet most of us will still buy some version of this because we love this band and anything it releases belongs in our collection.

Ten Deluxe was special and creative in presentation. As a follow up to LO2L I guess this fits the bill... but why the Deluxe Editions and hooplah for this?
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,186
    Parksy wrote:

Huh? :?:

Let me re-state here. The songs on this compliation could be coming from shows NOT RELEASED like the VFC tour in 2004. They could be culled from other performances that weren't made available. Before people get all pissy about already owning these songs (or the boots they're on), take a minute to think about the number of shows that were not released. :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Parksy wrote:

Huh? :?:

Let me re-state here. The songs on this compliation could be coming from shows NOT RELEASED like the VFC tour in 2004. They could be culled from other performances that weren't made available. Before people get all pissy about already owning these songs (or the boots they're on), take a minute to think about the number of shows that were not released. :D

You could be correct.... however I have a STRONG suspicion that the songs are going to be collected from boots. Remastered yes... but from shows already released.

I'm not complaining though. .....

as long as Yellow Ledbetter is from Ottawa 2005 :twisted:
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    I'm surprised they included Arms Aloft and Public Image. These two songs alone will be worth the price of the album.
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,909
    Smellyman wrote:
    I can't believe they didn't choose a setlist that could please everybody....

PJ doesn't care about fans.

:arrow:

uh oh

kanye.gif
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    Smellyman wrote:
    I can't believe they didn't choose a setlist that could please everybody....

PJ doesn't care about fans.

:arrow:

uh oh

kanye.gif

LoL
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Soooo ... if we don't know where each of the songs is coming from, let's play the GUESS WHICH VERSION THIS IS GAME!!!!

In Hiding -- SFIII 2006 Civic Center

I think we need a thread and prizes for the winning guesses! Oh, right, I gave all my extra stuff to Wishlist this year....
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Parksy wrote:
    You could be correct.... however I have a STRONG suspicion that the songs are going to be collected from boots. Remastered yes... but from shows already released.

All of your posts sound like you are complaining.

They will not be collected from the bootlegs. Pearl Jam has all of their masters from all of their shows. I am sure for this live album they will have the highest quality available.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Parksy wrote:

All of your posts sound like you are complaining.

They will not be collected from the bootlegs. Pearl Jam has all of their masters from all of their shows. I am sure for this live album they will have the highest quality available.

Not complaining at all...

And I don't think they'll be remastered FROM the boots... what I meant was... they will be songs that have already been released.

And yes... it will be highest quality... BUT of songs already released is all I'm saying.
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,384
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Pearl Jam has all of their masters from all of their shows. I am sure for this live album they will have the highest quality available.
    +1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    When you think about that too.. it actually adds on to the advantage of this release.

Yes, the boots are out and a lot of people own them.

But I like the idea that they've taken the time to really master one single collection and make it sound great.
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,909
    Parksy wrote:
    When you think about that too.. it actually adds on to the advantage of this release.

Yes, the boots are out and a lot of people own them.

But I like the idea that they've taken the time to really master one single collection and make it sound great.

3 words

Brett F*cking Eliason

they're going to sound amazing, of course!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    USARAYUSARAY Posts: 517
    setlist seems to me to be geared to new fans....pick it up and discover Pearl Jam
  • Options
    setlist seems to me to be geared to new fans....pick it up and discover Pearl Jam

Just like with Live on Two Legs... and I still LOVE LO2L
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    USARAYUSARAY Posts: 517
    Parksy wrote:

Just like with Live on Two Legs... and I still LOVE LO2L
    me too
  • Options
    I've heard Arms Aloft and it's good...

I haven't heard Public Image..

But I can't see it comparing to Fuckin' Up on LO2L. That solo alone... man.

But I'll find out in January... or whenever it arrives from 10C
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016