Options

*** Live On Ten Legs - Jan. 18, 2011 ***

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    bazzer wrote:
    Paulina87 wrote:
    Does anyone knows what shows these songs are taken from? :)
    If it's anything like LO2L, there'll be a lot of analysis and discussion once it comes out! :)
    +1..i post that too..and as for those 2 covers we know is from the european 2010 shows.and the backspacer from 2009-2010 shows.the rest is a mystery of 7 years shows
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Personally, I won't be buying this, but that's not the point - I'm still happy they have released it. A lot of people are forgetting that Pearl Jam have a lot of fans worldwide, most of whom aren't 10C members and don't own any bootlegs (and most don't even know that the bootlegs exist). This gives PJ an avenue to spread the gospel of their live performance to these fans.

"Why would I buy this when I have it already from bootlegs?" First of all, congratulations for owning every bootleg PJ have ever released, but let's put it into perspective. I have no idea how many 10Cers there are, nor do I know how many 10Cers actually collect bootlegs but you can't possibly argue with the fact that there are millions upon millions of fans out there who don't own any live PJ releases. Sure, it's nothing new to die-hard 10Cers, but surely that's not the target audience. Just look at Rearviewmirror - it has sold over a million copies in the US alone, despite not featuring any previously unreleased material.
  • Options
    Is this a Pearl Jam release?
    Is it on vinyl?
    Is it live tracks?

It's all the above?!!
    Must buy for me!
    Is it the tracklist I would choose? No but
    believe me I will be smiling everytime I
    spin it!!
    And only 20$-- this is great!!!
    Fenway 1 & 2 2016
    MSG 1 & 2 2016
    Central Park 2015
    Barclays 2, Seattle 2013
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Boston 1 & 2 2006
    Boston 1 2004
    Augusta 1996
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    Woo-Hoo! Can't wait :D
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    ordered the pre-order on viny :D
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    Thanks for the good news Kat. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I love this!!!! For me it is great, I don't own any 2010 Bootlegs at the moment, but I would love to hear songs from the last tour. (Unthought Known the most!!!) I have other online bootlegs and I love them but I just don't have much money to be weekly buying them. Even though I still have over 100 live PJ songs I would love some from last tour. For the people who dislike the setlist, think about this: They didn't include Black , Even Flow, Given to Fly, Do the Evolution, Betterman, ect... Because they were on Live on Two Legs. So it would make sense to have a totally different setlist, I like the setlist though. Even though they could have released a number of other things, I like this ideal, a good way to start of 2011. Plus I'm sure they will release more things as time goes on. At the moment I'm going to pre-order just the C-D itself. And for Christmas my family will pre-order the vinyl for me. :) I would love to have the deluxe set but I don't have that much money or wall space for that matter. Thank you Pearl Jam for this new live album, I will be patiently awaiting for Jan. 18th to come!!!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    thebrigthebrig Posts: 394
    What the heck, I'll chime in...

I for one am excited. I missed the opportunity to buy LO2L on vinyl when it was released, and haven't bought it on Ebay yet. I consider myself a pretty hard core fan...I don't own many bootlegs (I have a couple from the 2000 tour that were released), and have a couple downloaded. But I do own almost everything they have commercially released on CD and on Vinyl. I followed every page of the 100 page thread, and this is exactly what I assumed it would be, a collection of live songs released commercially. For those of you who DO have all the bootlegs...congrats! IMO, this release is really isn't aimed at you...it's aimed at other fans like me, fans who love the band and will enjoy hearing a condensed version of thier best live tracks for the past 7 years. The fact that it's a continuation of LO2L really seals the deal. I will be buying it on vinyl for sure...and probably CD too. I'll skip the box set because I'm not really interested in the extras, but those of you who are...go get 'em!
    Mantis-2.gif
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Very cool!

Maybe they'll push this on the radio. Arms Aloft single? I'm sure this will have a more produced sound to it, like Two Legs.

My question, and I ask because I'm too lazy to read this whole thread, do we know what shows each of these songs are from?
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,613
    I am not bitching, and I havent read all theses posts, so it's probably been said but this is a very confusing release to me. It seems to be out of nowhere. Now.... of course I bought it on CD and vinyl.

But I guess this wasnt targeted to 10 Club members which is why it seems weird. The tracklist is kind of bleh, with some big hits thrown in, especially from Ten.

Live on TWO Legs is one of my favorite records of all time. If I could only keep one record the rest of my life, it would be LO2L or Yield. So maybe I just feel like, as a sequel to LO2L, ... Ten Legs will never do for me what Two Legs did.

But hopefully this is just the start of a great 20th anniversary year. I can't wait to give this a spin. It will be interesting to see which shows the songs came from, and how well they flow together since they span over 7 years. I wonder if they threw anything in there from any shows that werent release, like the 2004 tour?
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
    edited November 2010
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    I am not bitching, and I havent read all theses posts, so it's probably been said but this is a very confusing release to me. It seems to be out of nowhere. Now.... of course I bought it on CD and vinyl.

But I guess this wasnt targeted to 10 Club members which is why it seems weird. The tracklist is kind of bleh, with some big hits thrown in, especially from Ten.

Live on TWO Legs is one of my favorite records of all time. If I could only keep one record the rest of my life, it would be LO2L or Yield. So maybe I just feel like, as a sequel to LO2L, ... Ten Legs will never do for me what Two Legs did.
    But hopefully this is just the start of a great 20th anniversary year. I can't wait to give this a spin. It will be interesting to see which shows the songs came from, and how well they flow together since they span over 7 years. I wonder if they threw anything in there from any shows that werent release, like the 2004 tour?

As someone pointed out, I like the fact that none of these songs are repeated on LO2L.

Plus all new remixes and remasters, this is gonna be good.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I craved. I ordered both CD and LP. This band is going to make me broke.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    This is awesome news.

Though I have a question hopefully someone can answer....maybe Kat or Santos or Sea???

Is the Death on Two Legs that What Records (I think) keep talking about the same as this Live on Ten Legs??
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Great news! The first thing I have to look forward to in 2011!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    What no No Code? WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK
  • Options
    eldermanelderman Posts: 180
    I would have wished for another Benaroya Hall sort of release.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    I can't believe they didn't choose a setlist that could please everybody....

PJ doesn't care about fans.

:arrow:
  • Options
    RPR77RPR77 Posts: 112
    Got a LP and a CD
    6-19-08 Camden I 8-17-08 EV DC II 10-27-09 Philly Night I row 5 10-28-09 Philly Night II row 6 Dead center,10-30-09 Philly Night III section 202, 10-31-09 Philly Night IV section 310, 10-21-13 Philly I PIT, 10-22-13 Philly II PIT
    First song I heard live Hard to Imagine.
    Thank you Pearl Jam for playing Man of the Hour Philly 13 Night 1, I lost my Uncle that morning and it helped me, Cincy 10-01-14 PIT
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    Kat,
    will the show source for each track ever be revealed?

I could not find them on the website..

PJ freak minds want to know..

:ugeek:
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    37pheet37pheet Posts: 433
    I got the deluxe edition! WHY????because!!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    locked wrote:
    Kat,
    will the show source for each track ever be revealed?

I could not find them on the website..

PJ freak minds want to know..

:ugeek:

Yes, we sure do! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    as long as it's pretty and shiny and fluffy then i'm happy. preordered cd and vinyl - nothing really screams out to me from the deluxe plus i don't even wanna think about how much shipping would be.. but.. probably not much more than the cd and vinyl together.. but.. but.. but..

*sigh*
  • Options
    I know you're all wondering what my beef is with this besides it is nothing new and most of us already have everything included on the new release. Well, I'll tell ya. One Riot Act song will never be enough. In fact, maybe I'll just pickup another copy of Riot Act instead of this lazy compilation...
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    RPR77 wrote:
    Got a LP and a CD
    Stating the obvious. ;)
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    doompony wrote:
    as long as it's pretty and shiny and fluffy then i'm happy. preordered cd and vinyl - nothing really screams out to me from the deluxe plus i don't even wanna think about how much shipping would be.. but.. probably not much more than the cd and vinyl together.. but.. but.. but..

*sigh*
    It's all good, I did the same - if only because I'd rather give my money to 10c than to Universal. :roll: :lol:
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Now that the dust has settled, and I've had time to think about this release I'm quite looking forward to it. As a companion to LO2L the concept is a great idea making sure there are no repeats over the 2 albums. If you take it as a standalone album, then thats where you can think the tracklisting isn't as strong as it could be.

I think the difference between the two releases is that when LO2L came out, it was the first real piece of live PJ on a official release and we loved it; with the advent of PJ releasing a boot for (nearly) every gig since 2000 the necessity for such a release isn't there as it was in 1998.

From a collectors point of view, the vinyl or deluxe is a must-have and as I've recently started collecting PJ vinyl I won't be making the mistake in the past by not purchasing it.

The intriguing thing now, of course, is to find out which gigs each song is taken from over the last 7 years and hope that it was from a gig that you personally attended. For example, I'd be stoked if Porch from Wembley '07 was in there!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,090
    Paul David wrote:
    people around here have to realize that 10C members are not Pearl Jam's bread and butter. No band's fan club is. LO10L is not being released to the uber-fan. The box set is. But the vinyl and cd release are obviously for the semi-hardcore fan, those that don't go nuts and buy a whole tour's of boots, or any boots for that matter. Or the uber-casual fan. :lol:

Come on, people, don't act like this is your girlfriend who got you socks for your birthday!

+1
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,090
    zootown wrote:
    Seems pretty clear that Lo10L is a follow up to Lo2L meant to be a second disc in a set. Notice there are no repeats between the first disc and the second disc. I think the idea of the new release being heavy on more recent stuff is that the old disc is inherently filled with the older stuff. If you listen to them together you have a solid representation of their first 20 years.

I’ll pick this up and put it next to Lo2L on my PJ shelf. If a part 3 ever comes out, Lo10L goes in the middle.

P.S. Tough to please those who have every show from 2003-2010. Possibly releasing shows they never played would have satisfied…

Best post so far. It clearly is meant to be a companion to LO2L. No repeats and similar art....man, this is a tough crowd to please!

I agree, and i'm gonna think positive, that maybe some previously unreleased 04 or 07 tracks will be on there, remember - this the START of the 20th anniversary celebrations :D
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    Here's hoping one of those tracks on Live On Ten Legs is taken from Pearl Jam's Halifax '05 show! :)