Options

*** Live On Ten Legs - Jan. 18, 2011 ***

Comments

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    the only reason why i MIGHT pick it up is because it would be pretty sweet to have some live PJ on vinyl.... hmmmm......
  • Options
    Its Pearl Jam Live. :mrgreen:
    That's good enough for me.
    Just pre-ordered mine and now the wait begins.........
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Its Pearl Jam Live. :mrgreen:
    That's good enough for me.
    Just pre-ordered mine and now the wait begins.........

:D I like this post! Its about time somebody is happy up in here. :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    I think most of us are happy. There only seems to be a collective of folks that are unhappy.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    I'm extremely happy! Ordered the CD, Vinyl and pre-ordered on the very first day of the pre-order :D the box set!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Chrisilein wrote:
    I'm extremely happy! Ordered the CD, Vinyl and pre-ordered on the very first day of the pre-order :D the box set!

yes!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Chrisilein wrote:

Having a giveaway as well?
  • Options
    If the new mixing and mastering makes a significant difference then this might be worth a look but personally I'm a little puzzled to why a band who release every show would do a compilation!? Unless they are going to do a big retail will promotion like a new studio album i'm not sure how much of a market there is for this. Sure there are some hardcore fans who would buy anything from a frisby to a garden gnome set if 'Pearl Jam' was on it some where but most PJ fans will opt out of this I think and surley when they decided to release this they must have discussed this issue.

Either way if makes you happy buy it, if not then there's not much point going on about it y'know?

Cool art work by the way...
  • Options
    If the new mixing and mastering makes a significant difference then this might be worth a look but personally I'm a little puzzled to why a band who release every show would do a compilation!? Unless they are going to do a big retail will promotion like a new studio album i'm not sure how much of a market there is for this. Sure there are some hardcore fans who would buy anything from a frisby to a garden gnome set if 'Pearl Jam' was on it some where but most PJ fans will opt out of this I think and surley when they decided to release this they must have discussed this issue.

Either way if makes you happy buy it, if not then there's not much point going on about it y'know?

The idea made by someone else on here that this is a companion piece to L02L makes more sense to me. That one covered 1991-1998 and this one covers 2000-2010 (though not from live 2000 boots, but still studio work). I would expect more releases next year that dig deeper. This release makes all kinds of sense to me.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    im not happy..they should give us the vinyl-cd-Deluxe box for.......FREE............. :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    im not happy..they should give us the vinyl-cd-Deluxe box for.......FREE............. :lol:

Me neither! Someone call the whaaaaa-bulance. I want everything and I want it now (Veruca Salt style).
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    I only order the vinyl - because I love vinyls. Someday I might buy a CD but I'll see about that. Don't need all the extra stuff, esp. if I think about the price.
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302
    ordered the international box for some reason. not super pumped about it, but will still love it when i get it, especially the vinyl. not sure why the box is not a 10club option.

of course, if they ever release pre-98 stuff, this will be a dust collector. maybe they don't want to do that because they know the old shows will blow the newer one's away?
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options

The idea made by someone else on here that this is a companion piece to L02L makes more sense to me. That one covered 1991-1998 and this one covers 2000-2010 (though not from live 2000 boots, but still studio work). I would expect more releases next year that dig deeper. This release makes all kinds of sense to me.

Isn't it 2003 onwards? and live on two legs is just 1998 tour :?

Surley they could just release one or a few of the live boots instead? They did that for 2003 bootlegs and 2006 gorge box set. I honestly thought they would have released the Philly box set to retail.
  • Options
    Paul David wrote:
    people around here have to realize that 10C members are not Pearl Jam's bread and butter. No band's fan club is. LO10L is not being released to the uber-fan. The box set is. But the vinyl and cd release are obviously for the semi-hardcore fan, those that don't go nuts and buy a whole tour's of boots, or any boots for that matter. Or the uber-casual fan. :lol:

Come on, people, don't act like this is your girlfriend who got you socks for your birthday!

Cash cow? Gimme a break. Every elitest fan that doesn't get exactly the setlist/goodie they want, cries foul. It's pretty pathetic.

Someone should make this post a sticky underneath the announcement. The only post here that makes perfect sense.
  • Options
    "yeah I kinda stopped listening to them after Ten, too much weird angry crap after that, but I heard the Fixer on the radio between the newest Nickelback and Puddle of Mudd singles and I really dug it and bought Backspacer. its a real "return to form" album for them"

--Eddie Vedder, on Pearl Jam and why 18 years of music was pretty much gutted on this release.

:lol::lol: just kidding people! dont get your panties in wads.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    seems as if most of the people complaining about "Live on Teg Legs" are all ending their posts with "But in any case, I will still buy it"

:)
  • Options

Isn't it 2003 onwards? and live on two legs is just 1998 tour :?

Surley they could just release one or a few of the live boots instead? They did that for 2003 bootlegs and 2006 gorge box set. I honestly thought they would have released the Philly box set to retail.

What I meant was that the catalog on LO2L covers 1990-1998.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

What I meant was that the catalog on LO2L covers 1990-1998.

Gotcha.
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    I am not to excited about this release...I think pearl jam and management could have given all these tracks free to 10c members....As in a free download...Since, all of these tracks are already on bootlegs that have been available for sale...But, that imo...With all that stated...I still will purchase it on cd and vinyl...

Jeremy
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Seems pretty clear that Lo10L is a follow up to Lo2L meant to be a second disc in a set. Notice there are no repeats between the first disc and the second disc. I think the idea of the new release being heavy on more recent stuff is that the old disc is inherently filled with the older stuff. If you listen to them together you have a solid representation of their first 20 years.

Hmm, when you look at it in this context it makes perfect sense. I guess many of us (myself included) didn't think of it that way. When I'm sold now, so i'll be purchasing the deluxe set shortly...
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    i'm psyched about new live vinyl so i bought it. wish the shows they're from would be made available though. i'm hoping for some 04 or 07 that i don't already have an official boot for
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    i'm psyched about new live vinyl so i bought it. wish the shows they're from would be made available though. i'm hoping for some 04 or 07 that i don't already have an official boot for

completely agree. would love to hear stuff official '07 recordings, i'm still miffed they never released 07 boots
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:

completely agree. would love to hear stuff official '07 recordings, i'm still miffed they never released 07 boots

Me too I went to two shows that tour :evil:
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    I for one ordered it, and see it as a direct attempt to draw in new listeners as they prepare for a tour...I mean, look at the promo video- that must be in S. America somewhere- they are trying to give the impression that PJ shows are religious experiences and not to be missed. Of course, I could be wrong SINCE I AM NOT IN THE BAND NOR DO I WORK FOR PJ, and have truly no insight as to their intent ( and neither do any of the naysayers around here). By the way, if I WAS in the band and read some of the posts in this thread, I would be shaking my head in disgust!
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    Does anyone knows what shows these songs are taken from? :)
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    i thought the band and brett eliason had parted ways, i guess thats not the case.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    I've got a feeling that 2011 is going to be a great year for PJ and us fans!!!
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    Paulina87 wrote:
    Does anyone knows what shows these songs are taken from? :)
    If it's anything like LO2L, there'll be a lot of analysis and discussion once it comes out! :)
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    but the currency choices are euros and pounds, no dollars .
    Why can't you order in foreign currency? It says if your country uses the Euro choose that otherwise go Pound.