Options

*** Live On Ten Legs - Jan. 18, 2011 ***

Comments

• Options
    jeremy & nothing as it seems on etched vinyl (in sthe deluxe version) happy days :)
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    jeremy & nothing as it seems on etched vinyl (in sthe deluxe version) happy days :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ColinAllCarsColinAllCars Waterbury, CT Posts: 53
    frankly, the ingratitude for 20 years of amazing music by your allegedly "favorite" band is kind of alarming.

not every club member collects boots, so it will be a welcome purchase for many, who won't gripe about its details.

whether or not you choose to buy it, being hypercritical of it definitely deflates the spirit of what should be a celebratory year.

thank God for fans like dimitri!!! he is an absolute model for an unadulterated appreciation of not only pearl jam, but the communal joy of music in general. it's quite refreshing among these boards. it's too bad more fans don't follow his example.
    10/2/96- Hartford, CT; 9/13/98- Hartford, CT; 9/15/98- Mansfield, MA; 9/4/00- Columbia, MD; 7/8/03- NY, NY; 7/9/03- NY, NY; 9/28/2004- Boston, MA; 5/4/06- NY, NY; 6/14/08- Manchester, TN; 6/27/08- Hartford, CT; 6/30/08- Mansfield, MA; 6/9/09- Albany, NY (Ed solo); 10/31/09- Philadelphia, PA; 5/15/10- Hartford, CT; 10/25/13- Hartford, CT
  • Options
    To all the people bitching: Maybe this album is for the more casual fan? If you have every boot then what's the point of complaining? Make your own setlist.
    I"m sure somebody's covered this in 20 pages but just in case, had to say it.

There could be another reason. If you do have every boot, they're all on CD, not vinyl. Maybe this release was intended to be for the vinyl fans, with a CD of the same material just because. I ordered the CD and the LP. I'll play CD's for background music, or for convenience when on the road, but I play LP's when I really want to listen to music.

Stephen
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    pdalowsky wrote:
    ordered via what records,

support the little guys and all that, or

was it the promise of promo goodies?

Im so shallow.

(thanks to the 'thrilla for that info)
    What's local shipping like? It's £28 to New Zealand!
  • Options
    frankly, the ingratitude for 20 years of amazing music by your allegedly "favorite" band is kind of alarming.

not every club member collects boots, so it will be a welcome purchase for many, who won't gripe about its details.

whether or not you choose to buy it, being hypercritical of it definitely deflates the spirit of what should be a celebratory year.

thank God for fans like dimitri!!! he is an absolute model for an unadulterated appreciation of not only pearl jam, but the communal joy of music in general. it's quite refreshing among these boards. it's too bad more fans don't follow his example.

That's what I meant! Any release is a good release. The way I figure it, with how all of PJ's peers either dissolved or self destructed or went away and came back with half the members and/or half the passion, I'll take anything I can get. Its all bonus now!
  • Options

WORD!
    I'm gonna get me the CD soon :mrgreen:
    Me like it :D
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    megatron wrote:
    soooo

i've had a burned version of LO2L for years. it skips at the end of black and eventually stops working. i just looked up track list. never knew fuckin up was on it. my life is crumbling

That might be my favorite version of Black ever. And Fuckin' Up is a great version too. Man, you have been missing out! Go buy a copy. This is an essential record. I swear!
    yea i'm an idiot. what could of been. it was my favorite album (w/o fucking up and all of black)
    yes that black solo is killer. cant wait for this record
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002

so where not supposed to speak our mind on a band message boards, the same band that welcomes open dialogue. it's ALWAYS funny how the fans police other fans. i've said so much shit on here bout the band and questioned their motives and never once did i ever get banned or silenced by the 10c. sorry some people don't lap up everything the band does or do.

this is LO2L to the purest form and it's nothing more then to bring in new fans or casual fans who left or the average music fan

i changed my mind and will be buying this. i like the setlist alot.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Ok i just purchased the deluxe set! Can't wait to hear the remixed and remastered versions! This album should sound as strong as LO2L ;)
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • Options
    i'm buying cause i have everything else and can't stop now
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,571
    boyo79 wrote:

Surely the more casual PJ fan would be buying albums via the likes of Amazon, HMV, Play etc rather direct from the band's official site or select independent retailers?

Just a thought. Nonetheless, I pre-ordered the deluxe set from Universal yesterday :D

We're trying to teach the casual fans the evils of corporate world :P
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    bazzer wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    ordered via what records,

support the little guys and all that, or

was it the promise of promo goodies?

Im so shallow.

(thanks to the 'thrilla for that info)
    What's local shipping like? It's £28 to New Zealand!

I ordered it from Universal as shipping was €23 compared to €7.50 from What Records. I feel kinda bad to be honest as would much rather give my cash to Tim but I've had a busy month on the CC :|
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    What happened to re-releasing the studio albums? Did they stop at "Ten"? I will buy this set of course, but I am disappointed. I wish the deluxe Euro version could be ordered through this site.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    mp268773 wrote:
    What happened to re-releasing the studio albums? Did they stop at "Ten"? I will buy this set of course, but I am disappointed. I wish the deluxe Euro version could be ordered through this site.
    Relax...it's only being released in January. We have February-December.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    mp268773 wrote:
    It sure seems like they shelved that plan after Ten.
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,707
    aNiMaL wrote:
    mp268773 wrote:
    It sure seems like they shelved that plan after Ten.

I hope they didn't.... I'm not sure that releasing each album as a huge re-issue would be a good idea... but perhaps segmenting it into 'eras'. Like a "Vs / Vitalogy / Mirror/Merkinball" era re-issue would be sweet (1992-1995)
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    ColinAllCarsColinAllCars Waterbury, CT Posts: 53
    metsfan wrote:

so where not supposed to speak our mind on a band message boards, the same band that welcomes open dialogue. it's ALWAYS funny how the fans police other fans. i've said so much shit on here bout the band and questioned their motives and never once did i ever get banned or silenced by the 10c. sorry some people don't lap up everything the band does or do.

this is LO2L to the purest form and it's nothing more then to bring in new fans or casual fans who left or the average music fan

i changed my mind and will be buying this. i like the setlist alot.

wasn't trying to police other fans. you're right, it's all about open dialogue. and if you look at the 22 pages of open dialogue here, most posts are resolutely unhappy with something about this CD. which i find laughably self-righteous. if everyone already has all these songs, don't buy it. i was trying to say something positive about the band and about appreciative fans like dimitri. thanks for twisting it. not surprising by any means
    10/2/96- Hartford, CT; 9/13/98- Hartford, CT; 9/15/98- Mansfield, MA; 9/4/00- Columbia, MD; 7/8/03- NY, NY; 7/9/03- NY, NY; 9/28/2004- Boston, MA; 5/4/06- NY, NY; 6/14/08- Manchester, TN; 6/27/08- Hartford, CT; 6/30/08- Mansfield, MA; 6/9/09- Albany, NY (Ed solo); 10/31/09- Philadelphia, PA; 5/15/10- Hartford, CT; 10/25/13- Hartford, CT
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    For me I am definitely going to buy it. Yes I have all the songs on countless bootlegs but this is my favorite band. Yes it is the same as LO2L and i bought that two. I would rather have a cd like this than a remastered VS. It all boils down to the simple fact that if you want to buy it than buy it if you don't than don't. Who knows why the band decided to release this but I am glad we get something. Thanks PJ
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    ravilloriasravillorias Paris Posts: 458
    done :)
    -- rafa
  • Options
    mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    I am unable to not get it...

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    From Universal Music NZ, all the usual stuff from the other release which I won't bother to paste in plus:

LIVE ON TEN LEGS – AVAILABLE JANUARY 24

To pre-order the standard version, please click here
    To pre-order the deluxe box set, please click here

Pretty good local prices especially for the deluxe (and the preorder page says 17th January too!).
  • Options
    Hugh Freaking DillonHugh Freaking Dillon Posts: 14,010
    edited November 2010
    dude, stop stalking my posts. it's getting creepy. I just don't get all the complain-, oh, wait, better not say that, how about "less than enthused opinions".that's all, man, nothing more.

I'm not elitest in the least, man. I don't get excited about most of the stuff that they sell. I'm not a huge collector. But live PJ on vinyl is exciting to me, whether the cd versions are out there or not. and the post below was more tongue-in-cheek. Note the last entry. The hot EV pic comment. How could you take that seriously?

I prefer to be a positive person, some don't. I just don't understand it. So if my bitching about people bitching is bitching and elitest, what about you bitching about me bitching about other people bitching?

My horse is low. Way lower than yours, apparently. You are probably, from what I've seen, one of the more negative people on this board. Just an observation.
    YOU bitch about people bitching more than the people disappointed with the set. Get off your horse and take a chill pill. Respect the opinions of others, don't blast them. Loved your CASE CLOSED! Hahahaha. That was hilarious. :lol:
    Post edited by Hugh Freaking Dillon on
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    good point. but I still think, since it was released commercially, not just in 10C, that it was for the casual fan. But you're probably right.
    Paul David wrote:
    What has Pearl Jam ever released that was for the "casual" fan as opposed to the "hardcore" fan?

answer: Live On Two Legs, the companion to Live On Ten Legs. CASE CLOSED.

Re-open the case because you are way wrong on that one. Maybe you weren't a "hardcore" fan back then or something because those us who were and had no live PJ besides the Dissident single and overpriced bootlegs thought Live On Two Legs was a Godsend.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    had some time to reflect. you know what, htuc, you are probably right. I go about it the wrong way. trying to kill negativity with sarcasm or (something that is perceived to be) attacking probably isn't the right way to go about it.

I'll stop this in the future.
    YOU bitch about people bitching more than the people disappointed with the set. Get off your horse and take a chill pill. Respect the opinions of others, don't blast them. Loved your CASE CLOSED! Hahahaha. That was hilarious. :lol:
    [/quote]
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 675
    There's more bitching on this board than on the Real Housewives of New Jersey..

setlist isn't good enough, boots aren't good enough, no dvds, not touring in my city.. bitch bitch bitch

Can't we just be grateful sometimes?? geez
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    sorry some people don't lap up everything the band does or do.

that's just it. we don't lap up everything the band does. that's why we don't understand the constant complaining.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    Paul David wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

that's just it. we don't lap up everything the band does. that's why we don't understand the constant complaining.

Yup. I won't be buying it.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    E.K wrote:
    Paul David wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

i dont even have live on 2 legs.. an extra 8 isnt gonna get me to buy this one.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    E.K wrote:
    Paul David wrote:

i dont even have live on 2 legs.. an extra 8 isnt gonna get me to buy this one.

I'm still waiting for the DVD of last year's Australian tour. :)