Options

*** Live On Ten Legs - Jan. 18, 2011 ***

Comments

• Options
    Paul David wrote:
    What has Pearl Jam ever released that was for the "casual" fan as opposed to the "hardcore" fan?

answer: Live On Two Legs, the companion to Live On Ten Legs. CASE CLOSED.

Re-open the case because you are way wrong on that one. Maybe you weren't a "hardcore" fan back then or something because those us who were and had no live PJ besides the Dissident single and overpriced bootlegs thought Live On Two Legs was a Godsend.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    edited November 2010
    :D:mrgreen:
    Post edited by Newch91 on
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    gibbits wrote:
    Wishing the deluxe edition was avail. through 10C
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    lukin321 wrote:
    gibbits wrote:
    +1.

Has anyone in the US ordered the delux through Universal? How much was shipping?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Paul David wrote:
    What has Pearl Jam ever released that was for the "casual" fan as opposed to the "hardcore" fan?

answer: Live On Two Legs, the companion to Live On Ten Legs. CASE CLOSED.

Re-open the case because you are way wrong on that one. Maybe you weren't a "hardcore" fan back then or something because those us who were and had no live PJ besides the Dissident single and overpriced bootlegs thought Live On Two Legs was a Godsend.

:lol:

and yes it was a godsend in 1998
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    crappy setlist, but if you're into that sort of thing go ahead and buy it. I dont really feel the need to buy everything they put out anymore, but i have a feeling 2011 will have plenty more to offer me than this kinda crappy thing.

if this was supposed to be more of a 2000s sort of thing (which is an awesome idea), it would have been nice to include more than a couple of pre-2009 ones. just a thought.
  • Options
    What's the conversion to American dollars of the deluxe edition?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,074
    I for one am pumped about this! Bring on the live VINYL!! Can't wait to spin the shit out of this.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    lukin321 wrote:
    gibbits wrote:
    +1.

Has anyone in the US ordered the delux through Universal? How much was shipping?

Not sure in the USA but it costed £13.00 Standard to ship to Canada. £26.50 Express.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480
    edited November 2010
    Newch91 wrote:

49.99 pounds is around 81 dollars at the moment.

From the Universal faq:

What countries do you deliver to?

Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Ascension Island, Australia, Austria, Azores, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Botswana, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Brunei Darrusalam, Cameroon, Canada, Canary Islands, Cayman Islands, Chile, China (inc Tibet), Christmas Island, Cocos Islands, Comoros, Corsica, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Estonia, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadaloupe, Guernsey, Guyana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Madagascar, Madeira, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Martinique, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Namibia, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Norfolk Isles, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Pitcairn, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Samoa ( US Terr ), San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sicily, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Spanish Terr, Sri Lanka, St Helena, St Lucia, St Pierre and Miquelon, St Vincent and Gren, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vatican City, Venezuela, Western Somoa, Zambia, Zimbabwe
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • Options
    Paul David wrote:
    I think there should be a section of the website for complaining. Given To Cry.

I have butterflies right now about this!!!

Congrats to you for having butterflies! Respect that some people don't and not everyone here worships every single thing the band releases. When it comes down to it, this is nothing more than a re-release of songs. Why does being dissatisfied with something have to be labeled "bitching"? You call the people complaining "elitists" but seems more to me the (very) few enamored by this are acting more like elitists and talking down to people not interested in it.
  • Options
    Paul David wrote:
    I think there should be a section of the website for complaining. Given To Cry.

I have butterflies right now about this!!!

Congrats to you for having butterflies! Respect that some people don't and not everyone here worships every single thing the band releases. When it comes down to it, this is nothing more than a re-release of songs. Why does being dissatisfied with something have to be labeled "bitching"? You call the people complaining "elitists" but seems more to me the (very) few enamored by this are acting more like elitists and talking down to people not interested in it.
    that makes way too much sense for this board. you are banned.
  • Options
    Paul David wrote:
    Possibly releasing shows they never played would have satisfied…

nope. then they'd bitch that it:

a) was a shitty mix
    b) had bad artwork
    c) wasn't free
    d) took too long to come out
    e) is already out there unofficially, so why bother? we want NEW STUDIO STUFF!
    f) the pic of Ed on the cover didn't look hot enough

etc etc.

YOU bitch about people bitching more than the people disappointed with the set. Get off your horse and take a chill pill. Respect the opinions of others, don't blast them. Loved your CASE CLOSED! Hahahaha. That was hilarious. :lol:
  • Options
    anyone else starting to get the feeling that Pearl Jam thinks the same about Pearl Jam as the rest of the mainstream world does? that being that they sucked after Ten but Backspacer had some cute songs. all that other crap in the middle was just indulgent weirdo angry crap best forgotten.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    Yeah, seriously, it's nothing more than a re-release of what's already out there. If you are interested in paying for something that's probably already somewhere in your PJ collection, go for it.

I for one do not feel the need to shell out money every time they decide to re-release something. I prefer to spend my PJ money on actually being at the live shows as they happen.

For those who get it, enjoy it, but don't bash those of us who decide not to.

Makes no sense.

Oh and I for one listened to Live on Two Legs a MILLION times, no lie :lol:
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Bunch of whiny ass bitches... :roll:
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    pdalowsky wrote:
    this setlist is great

Im over the moon

I collect Pearl jam

this is more Pearl Jam

WINNER

The man talks sense 8-)
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

49.99 pounds is around 87 dollars at the moment.
    Shit. Not sure if I should get the deluxe or just pre-order the CD and Vinyl.
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    who? the ones who think its not worth it or the ones who get offended every time someone doesnt like something?

or is it the whiners whining about whiners? but that would mean you hate your own comment@! oh shit infinite loop!
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I made an error, it's actually around 81 dollars currently. Still very pricey.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

I made an error, it's actually around 81 dollars currently. Still very pricey.
    Oh ok. I'll just pre-order from here.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    MrSmith wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:
    who? the ones who think its not worth it or the ones who get offended every time someone doesnt like something?

or is it the whiners whining about whiners? but that would mean you hate your own comment@! oh shit infinite loop!
    i respect all opinions,and i have to say its ok by me,people dont like it,or not buying it..but except that i read your last 2-3 comments my friend..seems u are not in the mood,no matter the live on ten legs :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:

i respect all opinions,and i have to say its ok by me,people dont like it,or not buying it..but except that i read your last 2-3 comments my friend..seems u are not in the mood,no matter the live on ten legs :)
    i'll throw in a positive for you.

any album that includes both RVM and Porch cant be all bad :)
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    MrSmith wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:

The people complaining about the set list, how many times has this band done wrong by the fans, then ask yourself how many times they have done right by their fans... people need to STFU on this one. Past judgment after we have heard it.
  • Options
    I'm happy it goes NAIS and then In Hiding right after! :D:D:mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    the porch is unreadable at the moment

too many complaints ..geez give it a rest

everybody will be happy when the tour dates come though
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    Here's what Im thinking - its nearly Christmas!! Im sticking the box set on my credit card and then asking Santa to pay it off for me (and if he can manage to add a little that would be sweet). Simple! And all this the day after I finally got my hands on LO2L vinyl for a respectable price 8-)

Peace, Love & Pearl Jam.

Cant wait
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    Gotta say I'm pumped as hell. Don't care what the tracklist is really. It's 18 live Pearl Jam songs. Thanks 10C.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam makes me broke.
  • Options
    I'll definitely get it but probably not until it shows up in the "scratch and dent" section of the goods.