Options

*** Live On Ten Legs - Jan. 18, 2011 ***

Comments

• Options
    I think some of us are let down from this because of all the hype. I know I am but I will still by it for the art work, oh yeah and I love Pearl jam
    those bold boys,and there beautiful boats
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    I think I speak for most hard core / long term fans when I suggest that a live DVD would have seemed an appropriate "add on" for the 20th anniversary package.

although this annoucement doesn't neccesarily rule out a live DVD, it confounds me the length of time and number of great shows they have filmed ...yet continue to hold in its archives..

The Boston 2003 experiment and ANY of the Gorge shows come to mind..

A follow up to Touring band 2000 would be a great "icing" on this 20th anniversary cake..

but I'm not betting on it...
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    Parksy wrote:
    I've heard Arms Aloft and it's good...

I haven't heard Public Image..

But I can't see it comparing to Fuckin' Up on LO2L. That solo alone... man.

But I'll find out in January... or whenever it arrives from 10C

taken from great woods in massachusetts = seattle east (no wonder1)

:D
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,279
    With all the complaining going on, nobody has hit upon the real injustice of this release...poor overlooked Boom.
    You may think "Live on Ten Legs" refers to how many legs of touring the songs were culled from, much like LO2L was from 2 legs of a tour, but a little birdie told me it refers to 5 members of Pearl Jam, each standing on 2 legs (much like Def Leppard's upcoming live release "Live with 9 Arms"), so it begs the question, why weren't Booms handsome gams included in the title?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,690
    Poncier wrote:
    With all the complaining going on, nobody has hit upon the real injustice of this release...poor overlooked Boom.
    You may think "Live on Ten Legs" refers to how many legs of touring the songs were culled from, much like LO2L was from 2 legs of a tour, but a little birdie told me it refers to 5 members of Pearl Jam, each standing on 2 legs (much like Def Leppard's upcoming live release "Live with 9 Arms"), so it begs the question, why weren't Booms handsome gams included in the title?
    :lol:

I was totally thinking about that!!! And especially since they based it on the tours that he has been on exclusively.

Poor Boom. :)
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,279
    Parksy wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    :lol:

I was totally thinking about that!!! And especially since they based it on the tours that he has been on exclusively.

Poor Boom. :)
    Or maybe Boom is included, since Matt sits during the shows, maybe the full title is "Live on 10 Legs and 1 Bum". :mrgreen:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Parksy wrote:

I hear The Rob play Arms Aloft on PJ Radio and I love it! It gets stuck in my head and every time I hear it on the radio i crank it!
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,690
    this reminds me of something i wanted to post..

see other thread :)
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    LenzLenz Posts: 89
    finally we're over this complaining thing - poor Boom seved us with not being included :ugeek:

[there's nothing to complain about - take the LO10L release or leave it - and by the way: the boots are
    a huge concession of PJ, so anybody can relive his concert experience or check the gigs he did
    not attend - they're released for us in first place - this thing here's meant for anybody :!: ]

so thanks to Boom again
  • Options
    20 anivseary.. 2003-2010?? Dosent make sense. And the songs suck, but I'll get it cause in 5-6 years I can sell it for more. Crappy investment.
    I'll be back
  • Options
    I love Pearl Jam and i am super happy that they give us so many things to be happy (or complain) about. and lets face it we are super lucky to have been born with whatever the gene is that makes us have better musical taste than someone who loves say.... Dave Matthews Band or one of the other thousands of bands who were once cool and immediatley went for the money!
    Maybe Pear Jam is trying to make the most of the product they have - thats okay strike while the iron is hot. How many years of the 20 have they completely catered to the hardcore fan an not given a shit what anyone else thinks. be thankful for what we have my friends.

peace
  • Options
    Here are some stats I compiled:

# of TOUR LEGS BETWEEN 2003 and 2010

1) 2003 Australia,Japan / 15 shows
    2) 2003 US Leg 1 / 23 shows
    3) 2003 US Leg 2 / 35 shows
    4) 2004 Vote For Change Tour / 11 shows
    5) 2005 Canada,US / 23 shows
    6) 2005 South America,Mexico / 13 shows
    7) 2006 US / 39 shows
    8) 2006 Europe / 23 shows
    9) 2006 Australia,Hawaii / 15 shows
    10) 2007 Europe / 13 shows
    11) 2008 US / 13 shows
    12) 2009 Europe,US Leg 1 / 10 shows
    13) 2009 US Leg 2 / 21 shows
    14) 2010 US / 13 shows
    15) 2010 Europe / 11 shows

TRACKLISTING
    1. Arms Aloft - 5 times (played between 2003 - 2010)
    2. World Wide Suicide - 102 times
    3. Animal - 108 times
    4. Got Some - 51 times
    5. State of Love And Trust - 88 times
    6. I Am Mine - 90 times
    7. Unthought Known - 44 times
    8. Rearviewmirror - 125 times
    9. The Fixer - 55 times
    10. Nothing As It Seems - 26 times
    11. In Hiding - 32 times
    12. Just Breathe - 41 times
    13. Jeremy - 104 times
    14. Public Image - 4 times
    15. Spin the Black Circle - 55 times
    16. Porch - 111 times
    17. Alive - a lot
    18. Yellow Ledbetter - a lot
  • Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    edited November 2010
    I love Pearl Jam and i am super happy that they give us so many things to be happy (or complain) about. and lets face it we are super lucky to have been born with whatever the gene is that makes us have better musical taste than someone who loves say.... Dave Matthews Band or one of the other thousands of bands who were once cool and immediatley went for the money!
    Maybe Pear Jam is trying to make the most of the product they have - thats okay strike while the iron is hot. How many years of the 20 have they completely catered to the hardcore fan an not given a shit what anyone else thinks. be thankful for what we have my friends.

peace

PJ didn't go for the money?? Bands don't put this stuff out and not except a big return. That's all PJ has done was sell out over the last few years.
    Post edited by Nothingman54 on
    I'll be back
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,944
    I'll be passing on this
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Definitely a surprise to see so many Backspacer titles, however I can't really deny that it was a great album. Some good ones I would have liked to see there, but then again there are so many songs that I love to hear. Would be interesting to have PJ fans vote on titles they would most like to see. Hope I haven't brought up points that have been mentioned before...
    2009: Vancouver, Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Hartford, New York 1
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester, Hartford
    2016: New York 1, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1
    2018: Fenway 1
    2024: Vancouver 1 & 2
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:

BECAUSE.......Stone usually bouncing around on 1 leg with the other in the air and Mike is running around the stage averaging 1 leg on the stage at any moment........so, by using simple PJ math: E2 + J2 + MC2 + S1 + MM1 + B2 = EJMCSMMB10 or 10 Legs!
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    doompony wrote:
    as long as it's pretty and shiny and fluffy then i'm happy. preordered cd and vinyl - nothing really screams out to me from the deluxe plus i don't even wanna think about how much shipping would be.. but.. probably not much more than the cd and vinyl together.. but.. but.. but..*sigh*
    Shipping from universal is £13, so £63 total, about $130ish. CD + vinyl was probably about $70, I guess? You'll know I suppose once it comes through on your CC. I want the deluxe, but $60 extra for a few photos and poster prints is pushing it even for me.

Is the regular vinyl 2LP?

Edit: I just ordered from Amazon.co.uk, £53 all up. Pretty good, and I can always cancel if I find something better.
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 786
    locked wrote:
    I think I speak for most hard core / long term fans when I suggest that a live DVD would have seemed an appropriate "add on" for the 20th anniversary package.

although this annoucement doesn't neccesarily rule out a live DVD, it confounds me the length of time and number of great shows they have filmed ...yet continue to hold in its archives..

The Boston 2003 experiment and ANY of the Gorge shows come to mind..

A follow up to Touring band 2000 would be a great "icing" on this 20th anniversary cake..

but I'm not betting on it...

I hear you brother. Especially in light of some of the fan releases circulating... Love to see what is in the band's video vaults...
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,565
    Not one song from No Code? Alright then :evil: :twisted:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    I bought the vinyl set cause I know I'll regret it later if I don't.

That said...did anyone in the US or Canada order the deluxe version? How much was shipping??
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,154
    That said...did anyone in the US or Canada order the deluxe version? How much was shipping??

Sure did. It was £13.00 standard to ship to Canada. £26.50 express.
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,614
    They forgot Bu$hleaguer.

I aint buyin' it!
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

I had a feeling you bought it. Thx D. I'm going to wait and see how much What records is going to charge in shipping before making a final decision. I've bought a couple of things through them and am very pleased with their prices and their service. They are charging the same as universal....but I'm hoping to save on shipping.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

I had a feeling you bought it. Thx D. I'm going to wait and see how much What records is going to charge in shipping before making a final decision. I've bought a couple of things through them and am very pleased with their prices and their service. They are charging the same as universal....but I'm hoping to save on shipping.
    They are currently charging £28 (or they were to NZ)! Tim did send an email saying shipping was likely to be less, but £13 may end up being reasonable. Amazon UK is charging less than all of these. Like I said I've ordered there, £53 all up. Can always cancel it.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,154
    demetrios wrote:

No problem. :)

I pretty much jumped the gun when I saw Kat's post & went straight ahead & bought it from Universal UK. Seeing that both Universal UK & What Records are in England who are selling the same product, I can't see What Records shipping them out cheaper then Universal to North America while What Records & many other record stores are getting the shipment from Universal UK directly, the one's who made the product. Hopefully Tim is making some profit out of the sales. Though the promotion thing he mentioned in the mailing list is something to look forward too.
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    bazzer wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    as long as it's pretty and shiny and fluffy then i'm happy. preordered cd and vinyl - nothing really screams out to me from the deluxe plus i don't even wanna think about how much shipping would be.. but.. probably not much more than the cd and vinyl together.. but.. but.. but..*sigh*
    Shipping from universal is £13, so £63 total, about $130ish. CD + vinyl was probably about $70, I guess? You'll know I suppose once it comes through on your CC. I want the deluxe, but $60 extra for a few photos and poster prints is pushing it even for me.

Is the regular vinyl 2LP?

Edit: I just ordered from Amazon.co.uk, £53 all up. Pretty good, and I can always cancel if I find something better.

yeah i'm just not sure i'd ever look at the photos or prints... the super ten box is ace and has a dvd!

i want a new dvd! they've put one out around the same time as every album since yield....
  • Options
    my lovely lady friend has just pre ordered me the deluxe box for my b'day. my b'day is 13th jan and this comes out like 4 days later, i can wait. £50 is a reasonable price tbh.

STOKED!!!!
    Caleb Benjamin Higgs-16th December 2006
    Max Lennon Higgs-22nd October 2010
    My two boys are the light of my life.

check my band/project out at www.soundclick.com/nineyardsleft
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    yeah i'm just not sure i'd ever look at the photos or prints... the super ten box is ace and has a dvd!

i want a new dvd! they've put one out around the same time as every album since yield....
    I know, but I just can't not get it and they know it! Damn them!
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Parksy wrote:

soooo

i've had a burned version of LO2L for years. it skips at the end of black and eventually stops working. i just looked up track list. never knew fuckin up was on it. my life is crumbling
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,614
    megatron wrote:
    soooo

i've had a burned version of LO2L for years. it skips at the end of black and eventually stops working. i just looked up track list. never knew fuckin up was on it. my life is crumbling

That might be my favorite version of Black ever. And Fuckin' Up is a great version too. Man, you have been missing out! Go buy a copy. This is an essential record. I swear!
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)