Options

*** Live On Ten Legs - Jan. 18, 2011 ***

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Man, I'm just not getting some of the :? :( :cry: :roll: reactions in this thread. I guess "choosy fans don't choose remastered prime live cuts over the last 7 years."
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I think there should be a section of the website for complaining. Given To Cry.

I have butterflies right now about this!!!
    Man, I'm just not getting some of the :? :( :cry: :roll: reactions in this thread. I guess "choosy fans don't choose remastered prime live cuts over the last 7 years."
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

Since none of these are actually "unreleased" recordings, just gotta wonder "what's the point"?
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    For those here that are whining that this was not worth the wait at all... A question for you...

What EXACTLY did you have in mind that they will release?

Oh I don't know... maybe something that hasn't already been released?

Anyone can make a mix CD.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all over the vinyl, but what made Live on Two Legs so great was that it was the first taste of professionally recorded and mixed live Pearl Jam. The fact that all of these shows exist in that form already makes me wonder who they are catering to. The casual fan? Not with that tracklisting IMO.
    I can't argue with this... I mean... its cool to have a nice mix of songs from the past 7 years, but there's nothing on here that hasn't been available elsewhere and there is no bonus stuff to really drive it home. I was hoping for either a few bonus studio things or even some live stuff from shows not previously released (the Vic, Vote for Change tour, etc).

I'll order the vinyl because I love PJ vinyl, but other than that I don't know what there is to really be excited about. I'll love listening to it, but its like buying the blu-ray version of a movie you own on standard DVD (I only say this since its getting remastered). Cool, yeah, but nothing to really go nuts over.
  • Options
    Paul David wrote:
    I think there should be a section of the website for complaining. Given To Cry.

I have butterflies right now about this!!!

We all wait together for new material/releases to come out from Pearl Jam and when they do there's always a collective of folks that are disappointed. I don't feel that way, but understand why those feelings would come up. Not only am I stoked about this release, but read the words with the release people. "Kicking off the start.." I'm not Merlin, but sounds to me like the start to some future releases, PJ happenings. Why again would there be anything negative to say about that?! Because there's no "vault" releases? Yeah, I get that. I understand that, but sheesh, let's be underwhelmed and not excited that there's something new that the band and it's people are working on to release to US. Not for them. US!! :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Alot of you guys need to chill the efff out. I think we should be happy that our favorite band is still around after 20 yrs. I am gratefull they are still making music, playing shows, and putting out albums.

If you don't want it don't buy it......it's that easy, there's no reason to start bitching and whining that your favorite song isn't on it or a specific album isn't represented.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "Kicking off the start.." :D

mood_excited.gif
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    arthurdent wrote:

Since none of these are actually "unreleased" recordings, just gotta wonder "what's the point"?

then don't order it! good god. i just don't see the point in bringing negativity to this announcement. some will be excited, some won't. there you have it. if you want it, buy it. this band can't please everyone all the time...just be thankful that they're still around.

in other news, i just made a fantastic sandwich for lunch!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    Indi4ence wrote:
    Alot of you guys need to chill the efff out. I think we should be happy that our favorite band is still around after 20 yrs. I am gratefull they are still making music, playing shows, and putting out albums.

If you don't want it don't buy it......it's that easy, there's no reason to start bitching and whining that your favorite song isn't on it or a specific album isn't represented.

Exactly!

Wait a second .. Black is not on this? Blasphemy!!! :twisted: :geek: ;)
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    arthurdent wrote:

The point is to release a second live album to the general public
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    mfc2006 wrote:
    arthurdent wrote:

then don't order it! good god. i just don't see the point in bringing negativity to this announcement. some will be excited, some won't. there you have it. if you want it, buy it. this band can't please everyone all the time...just be thankful that they're still around.

i just eat souvlaki for dinner!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    in other news, i just made a fantastic sandwich for lunch![/quote]

Did you use JIF? You know Matt, choosy fans choose JIF.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742

Did you use JIF? You know Matt, choosy fans choose JIF.[/quote]
    Get the hell out of here- its Skippy or bust! :)
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:

Get the hell out of here- its Skippy or bust! :)[/quote]

Skippy's good. But it's not on this release so therefore IT SUCKS!! HAHAHAA!! :lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    drsluggo wrote:

Get the hell out of here- its Skippy or bust! :)[/quote]

no peanut butter today. i made a havarti & mesquite ham sandwich with roma tomatoes & spinach. yum.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ThinkImDoinOKThinkImDoinOK Jersey City Posts: 19
    Seems pretty clear that Lo10L is a follow up to Lo2L meant to be a second disc in a set. Notice there are no repeats between the first disc and the second disc. I think the idea of the new release being heavy on more recent stuff is that the old disc is inherently filled with the older stuff. If you listen to them together you have a solid representation of their first 20 years.

I’ll pick this up and put it next to Lo2L on my PJ shelf. If a part 3 ever comes out, Lo10L goes in the middle.

P.S. Tough to please those who have every show from 2003-2010. Possibly releasing shows they never played would have satisfied…
    1996-09-29 (Randalls Island)
    1998-06-14 (Baltimore)
    2000-10-24 (Los Angeles), 2000-10-28 (San Bernadino)
    2003-04-30 (Uniondale), 2003-07-08 (NYC), 2003-07-09 (NYC), 2003-07-12 (Hershey)
    2006-05-27 (Camden), 2006-06-03 (Rutherford)
    2008-06-25 (NYC)
    2009-10-28 (Philly)
    2011-06-21 (EV solo) (NYC)
    2013-10-18 (Brooklyn)
    2015-09-26 (Central Park, NY)
    2016-06-02 (NYC)
    2016-11-07 (TOTD) (NYC)
  • Options
    people around here have to realize that 10C members are not Pearl Jam's bread and butter. No band's fan club is. LO10L is not being released to the uber-fan. The box set is. But the vinyl and cd release are obviously for the semi-hardcore fan, those that don't go nuts and buy a whole tour's of boots, or any boots for that matter. Or the uber-casual fan. :lol:

Come on, people, don't act like this is your girlfriend who got you socks for your birthday!

Cash cow? Gimme a break. Every elitest fan that doesn't get exactly the setlist/goodie they want, cries foul. It's pretty pathetic.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    I think this is just awesome. So much cool stuff happening the past few weeks. Would have been fun to release this on 1/11/11 :D Thanks PJ!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    Paul David wrote:
    people around here have to realize that 10C members are not Pearl Jam's bread and butter. No band's fan club is. LO10L is not being released to the uber-fan. The box set is. But the vinyl and cd release are obviously for the semi-hardcore fan, those that don't go nuts and buy a whole tour's of boots, or any boots for that matter. Or the uber-casual fan. :lol:

Come on, people, don't act like this is your girlfriend who got you socks for your birthday!

Cash cow? Gimme a break. Every elitest fan that doesn't get exactly the setlist/goodie they want, cries foul. It's pretty pathetic.

its like the man said
    :clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    Possibly releasing shows they never played would have satisfied…

nope. then they'd bitch that it:

a) was a shitty mix
    b) had bad artwork
    c) wasn't free
    d) took too long to come out
    e) is already out there unofficially, so why bother? we want NEW STUDIO STUFF!
    f) the pic of Ed on the cover didn't look hot enough

etc etc.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I am super pumped for this.Everyone complains how all the tours are mixed differently and one year sounds better than the other.This set is gonna sound tight!
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    Seems pretty clear that Lo10L is a follow up to Lo2L meant to be a second disc in a set. Notice there are no repeats between the first disc and the second disc. I think the idea of the new release being heavy on more recent stuff is that the old disc is inherently filled with the older stuff. If you listen to them together you have a solid representation of their first 20 years.

I’ll pick this up and put it next to Lo2L on my PJ shelf. If a part 3 ever comes out, Lo10L goes in the middle.

P.S. Tough to please those who have every show from 2003-2010. Possibly releasing shows they never played would have satisfied…

Best post so far. It clearly is meant to be a companion to LO2L. No repeats and similar art....man, this is a tough crowd to please! Now, when are they gonna announce those Gorge and Missoula shows! :)
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Paul David wrote:

its like the man said
    :clap::clap::clap:

+1
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    Any chance for live vinyl!! And ... Preorder! Yea baby!
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    Paul David wrote:

I disagree with this. What has Pearl Jam ever released that was for the "casual" fan as opposed to the "hardcore" fan? Look back at their past non-album releases. I think stuff like the Philly Boxset, Live At The Gorge, Live At Benaroya Hall, Live At Easy Street, and all the official bootlegs are totally for the hardcore fan.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:

Get the hell out of here- its Skippy or bust! :)

no peanut butter today. i made a havarti & mesquite ham sandwich with roma tomatoes & spinach. yum.[/quote]

You are really SIRIUS about this sandwhich comment Matt. I won't buy sandwhich's that don't have peanut butter on them. Remastered havarti sucks!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    What has Pearl Jam ever released that was for the "casual" fan as opposed to the "hardcore" fan?

answer: Live On Two Legs, the companion to Live On Ten Legs. CASE CLOSED.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I remember the promise of "vault" recordings being released although I think the only one they did was Las Vegas from around 93'.

Along with the new album, I think it would be a great idea to release four "vault" concerts via download each year.
  • Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    Wishing the deluxe edition was avail. through 10C