Options

*** Live On Ten Legs - Jan. 18, 2011 ***

Comments

• Options

Well that's cool that you really do have first-hand knowledge of that show being recorded. But don't rule out that maybe all of the 1998 shows were recorded just so that they could pick and choose for Live on Two Legs. So while it's awesome that they probably recorded all the 1998 shows, I'm still a little skeptical about all the shows prior to 1998 being recorded.

IIRC from back in the day, the original plan was to release the complete show from Constitution Hall '98 (where the LO2L daughter and the soldier of love b-side came from)

Now THAT would've been awesome!!!

09/19/98 – Constitution Hall: Washington, DC (Voters for Choice benefit) [125m]
    support act: Hovercraft
    capacity: 3,500
    soundcheck: Act of Love, Push Me Pull Me (4X), Last Kiss (2X), Soldier of Love (Ed notebook in hand reading the lyrics), MFC, Leaving Here (they absolutely nailed it!)
    set: I Am a Patriot (before Hovercraft); Long Road, Act of Love, Hail Hail, Dissident, Given to Fly, Corduroy, Wishlist, Not for You, All Those Yesterdays, Daughter/(Roc kin’ in the Free World)/(WMA), Whipping, Immortality, Push Me Pull Me, Faithfull, Present Tense, Rearviewmirror, Black, Do the Evolution
    enc 1: I Got Shit, Better Man, Alive, Soldier of Love
    enc 2: Yellow Ledbetter
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    pdalowsky wrote:
    this setlist is great

Im over the moon

I collect Pearl jam

this is more Pearl Jam

WINNER
    + NOTHING AS IT SEEMS in the setlist automaticly make it top setlist
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,928
    UPDATED: Deluxe info added to original announcement

Deluxe version available worldwide at http://store.universal-music.co.uk/rest ... /pearljam/.

Peace,
    Sea
  • Options
    For those here that are whining that this was not worth the wait at all... A question for you...

What EXACTLY did you have in mind that they will release?

i would like it better if there were a few songs that were new and not previously released. Some like "Of the Earth" or "Better Days". It is my understanding both of these songs existed for while and were dug up last year. There has to be more songs like that laying around. Just a new song or two would have gone a long way.
    "Can't fuckin' Twitter, hate that shit" - EV
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    ^^ (Constitution Hall)
    was there, first and only PJ scalped ticket. Hundred bucks well spent.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Sea wrote:

Deluxe version available worldwide at http://store.universal-music.co.uk/rest ... /pearljam/.

Peace,
    Sea
    thanks Sea :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,821
    That link Sea provided is confusing to me, I don't see how it can be ordered and shipped to the US??

Also, I like the cover, but what the HELL is it? :?:
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Sea wrote:

Peace,
    Sea

:idea:
    super deluxe edition not available in US of A ?

:?:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    more binaural, less backspacer guys!

thanks for listening!
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Sea wrote:

Peace,
    Sea

Doesn't worldwide mean US too? That's where I was confused, because I don't see if for the US in that link
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Paul David wrote:
    some people will bitch no matter WHAT.

yup. it's pretty sad.
    pdalowsky wrote:
    this setlist is great

Im over the moon

I collect Pearl jam

this is more Pearl Jam

WINNER

great post!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    pjpitt89 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Sea wrote:

Peace,
    Sea

Doesn't worldwide mean US too? That's where I was confused, because I don't see if for the US in that link

but the currency choices are euros and pounds, no dollars .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Disclaimer: Negativity to follow (Are you shocked?)

Hate to say it but looks like they just mailed it in. Do you really think that the band sat around and said, hey this version of In Hiding from 6 years ago rocked! You have fans begging for old shows....you have a newsletter years ago saying they were working on the vault...so what do you do? Release an album of stuff already released. It clearly says they are kicking off their anniversary year yet they don't go back before 2003? There is some really nice footage in here:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1568888977019

Why not include some of that? I don't get it and I really don't think the disappointment has anything to do with the hype that was going on. This just seems like the easiest and cheapest way to make some extra cash. I should be happy. I have no desire to spend money I don't have on this :D

Agreed!

The first phrase that came to mind was "cash cow." This is a quick, big cash grab by the band. The deluxe edition is a Cash BULL. They might sell what, a few thousand of these to your casual no-nothing Pearl Jam fan. But how many will they sell to us, the die-hard collectors? A whole bunch. We all have these songs except maybe the 2 covers. (That's what was great about Live at Easy Street, it had those 3 covers that were never on official boots... AND it only cost $7!) I guess if you HAVE to have more LIVE songs on VINYL, then you'll want to spend the $27. But really guys... this is pretty cheesy. Don't we all have a "Best of the Boots" playlist or mix CD from each tour? I know I do. This is like that but costs $17-27... or more if you need live photos of Eddie in your fancy box! :)

Now after bitching, will I buy this? Probably, eventually! I don't have the two cover tunes and I'm not a free-download-torrent kinda guy. I like my physical product. I'll probably wait and try to get it on ebay or something.

How about free shipping on the preorder, Ten Club? Throw us a bone here since we're the ones who keep your coffers full!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options

:?:[/quote]

Doesn't worldwide mean US too? That's where I was confused, because I don't see if for the US in that link[/quote]

but the currency choices are euros and pounds, no dollars .[/quote]

Yes yes, that was my point, still cant be purchased in the US although WORLDWIDE makes me think it should be. (Sorry for the quote of a quote of a quote 8-) )
  • Options
    deluxe edition ordered,10c version ordered..where are the dates??is the most important ;)
  • Options
    deluxe edition ordered,10c version ordered..where are the dates??is the most important ;)
    So when's the Free Live on Two Legs thread start :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    January 17, 2011 :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Hahaahha... Tell me your favorite song on the album
    :think:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    For those here that are whining that this was not worth the wait at all... A question for you...

Oh I don't know... maybe something that hasn't already been released?

Anyone can make a mix CD.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all over the vinyl, but what made Live on Two Legs so great was that it was the first taste of professionally recorded and mixed live Pearl Jam. The fact that all of these shows exist in that form already makes me wonder who they are catering to. The casual fan? Not with that tracklisting IMO.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    pjl44 wrote:
    this doesn't seem like a must-buy for me. I'll probably hit up a torrent or something.

"Eh...it's not interesting enough to purchase, so instead of not owning it I'll just steal it."

Nice.

Well I already own all the bootlegs from those years so why would I buy a compilation of songs from those boots?

Very true, so then why would you steal it?
  • Options

So you ordered the box set AND you ordered a vinyl and cd that the Ten Club are selling...which are also included in the box set you ordered?
  • Options

So you ordered the box set AND you ordered a vinyl and cd that the Ten Club are selling...which are also included in the box set you ordered?
    yes,must give one for free :)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hahaahha... Tell me your favorite song on the album
    :think:
    NOTHING AS IT SEEMS..........

just curious which version..i hope Edmonton 05
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,912
    ALRIGHT!!!! :D:D:D
  • Options

yes,must give one for free :)

That's an awesome gesture on your part. You are good people.
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    This is cool. An update on Live on Two Legs - aimed at the general music fan, available on vinyl as well as CD. In keeping with Pearl Jam's attempts to reach out further to new listeners following the more popular and accessible backspacer, Sirius radio, etc etc. Like it!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,912
    tremors wrote:
    This is cool. An update on Live on Two Legs - aimed at the general music fan, available on vinyl as well as CD. In keeping with Pearl Jam's attempts to reach out further to new listeners following the more popular and accessible backspacer, Sirius radio, etc etc. Like it!

Yeah but what today's True-HD DTS Stereo Surround Bluray alcoholics? :roll:

I kid! I kid! :lol: :P
  • Options

Oh I don't know... maybe something that hasn't already been released?

Anyone can make a mix CD.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all over the vinyl, but what made Live on Two Legs so great was that it was the first taste of professionally recorded and mixed live Pearl Jam. The fact that all of these shows exist in that form already makes me wonder who they are catering to. The casual fan? Not with that tracklisting IMO.

Hey aspoonfulweighsaton,

You just posted exactly what I was thinking!!

Lo10L = Boring

I am not interested in buying something that I already have. My hope was that this would have been something I don't have and that's mainly pre-2000 SDB's. We all know that the vault exists in some form or another. I would love to be able to buy SDB shows from the '96 Tour or the '98 Tour or any tour that happen in the '90s.

I do however like the artwork for this release, maybe I will get the vinyl version if it makes its way to the states.
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    btw the shipping cost of the deluxe box was ok ..only 7.50 Euros :)
  • Options
    so... roughly $80 plus overseas shipping for the deluxe edition? And nothing to really make it *deluxe* ???

:roll:
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll