Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Maybe the best movie cameo ever.

gotta be right at the top....

don't cross the streams :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Gob wrote:
    I'm thinking, if this epidemic broke out in the U.S. would the zombies have already made it to other continents? Where's the communication with the rest of the world! Are the phone lines down?!?

depends...but i would think likely with world wide airtravel....i guess it also depends on teh root cause of zombieness

as for phones...i guess it depends on power plants and the grid getting power to infastructure....i would guess phones for a few hours, but not for more than a couple of days
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

I found this interesting and at the risk of sounding like a complete lunatic, I can see this being a real possibility. Anyway, can't wait for Sunday night. Walking Dead is my new Lost, I look forward to it all week. :D
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    81 wrote:
    Gob wrote:
    I'm thinking, if this epidemic broke out in the U.S. would the zombies have already made it to other continents? Where's the communication with the rest of the world! Are the phone lines down?!?

depends...but i would think likely with world wide airtravel....i guess it also depends on teh root cause of zombieness

as for phones...i guess it depends on power plants and the grid getting power to infastructure....i would guess phones for a few hours, but not for more than a couple of days
    Can zombies swim? I would build a fort in the Keys and blow a bridge.. or find an island in the Caribbean..
  • Options
    Gob wrote:
    Can zombies swim? I would build a fort in the Keys and blow a bridge.. or find an island in the Caribbean..

lets find out :lol:

i'll still take my chances on an island in the ocean. zombies aren't going to be swimming to hawaii anytime soon.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

I found this interesting and at the risk of sounding like a complete lunatic, I can see this being a real possibility. Anyway, can't wait for Sunday night. Walking Dead is my new Lost, I look forward to it all week. :D

I stopped reading that when the writer said his/her favorite zombie movie was "Resident Evil".
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    "Resident Evil".

i like resident evil

she doens't have big guns on her supply listing....fraudulent. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I want to buy and Xbox now, just so I can play Left 4 Dead. :?
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    "Resident Evil".

i like resident evil

she doens't have big guns on her supply listing....fraudulent. :lol:

I thought the first one was OK (the others were retarded) but with all the classic zombie movies, and some of the newer cool ones, Resident Evil doesn't rank up there. To me at least.
  • Options
    Gob wrote:

I was playing it tonight. Well, Left 4 Dead 2. But I really prefer the first one. But the ending of part 2 is epic.
  • Options
    Gob wrote:

I was playing it tonight. Well, Left 4 Dead 2. But I really prefer the first one. But the ending of part 2 is epic.
    Really? I haven't played 2, but I heard it improved on 1.
  • Options
    Gob wrote:
    Gob wrote:

Really? I haven't played 2, but I heard it improved on 1.

It is improved, I just like the characters and the levels of the first one better. I didn't mean the second was bad, the first is just classic though. And I hate the new zombies in the second one. The jockey (a little midget that jumps on your head and rides you around) and the charger (basically does like its name suggests) are really annoying.

But there are two climaxes in the second that are epic. One is the ending going across a bridge. The other is at a fair ground where you signal a chopper by lighting off the pyrotechnics some band had set up, so there's all these fireworks and rock music going on and hundreds of zombies as you run around an amphitheater, and you can use guitars as melee weapons. It's basically like a zombie battle at a KISS concert.

Watch this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC4C7F1exwQ&feature=related
  • Options

I stopped reading that when the writer said his/her favorite zombie movie was "Resident Evil".

True, that is very questionable. I find it funny though that it is actually on the CDC website.
    fade away...

• Options
    Anyway, the researcher whispered into Rick's ear. For quite a while. And Rick's expression was somewhat unreadable.

What do you think he said?

Sawyer is banging Freckles!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Anyway, the researcher whispered into Rick's ear. For quite a while. And Rick's expression was somewhat unreadable.

honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers didn't even know yet.

but let's just say this: if the doc thought there was no hope, and was willing to blow himself up, it wasn't an uplifting/positive quote.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

but let's just say this: if the doc thought there was no hope, and was willing to blow himself up, it wasn't an uplifting/positive quote.

I guess you could say that there could be some hope, and he just gave up on it for himself because he couldn't go on after killing his wife after she turned to a zombie. But I think it was probably something negative. It wasn't about a cure, because he was the dude supposed to be working on it, and he failed. Plus Rick told the dude Sunday there was no cure. And I don't think he really knew about any areas not being affected, or any sort of lifeline outside, because he had been isolated in there with no outside contact.

You're right though, the writers might not even know what's going on. It wouldn't be the first time writers did something like that.
  • Options
    RobertH86RobertH86 Posts: 165
    81 wrote:
    now this is my kind of zombie camper

mercedes-benz-unimog-expedition-camper.jpg

mercedes-benz-unimog-expedition-camper-1.jpg

Leave the urban sprawl behind and get away in the Mercedes-Benz Unimog Expedition Camper. An expedition camper based on the Mercedes-Benz Unimog, this go-anywhere vehicle is built on the Mercedes-Benz Unimog chassis, and its portal axles deliver excellent ground clearance and ensure constant road contact of all four wheels. There’s are plenty of interior features in this Mercedes-Benz camper too – you’ll find a bathroom behind the driver’s seat equipped with a cassette toilet, wash basin and shower and a 10-liter combined gas/electric boiler for hot water, as well as a corner kitchen with a two-burner gas stove, sink and drainer. Mercedes-Benz.

Via Born Ric

Lose the teapot and add some guns, and I'm in.;)
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887

I guess you could say that there could be some hope, and he just gave up on it for himself because he couldn't go on after killing his wife after she turned to a zombie. But I think it was probably something negative. It wasn't about a cure, because he was the dude supposed to be working on it, and he failed. Plus Rick told the dude Sunday there was no cure. And I don't think he really knew about any areas not being affected, or any sort of lifeline outside, because he had been isolated in there with no outside contact.

You're right though, the writers might not even know what's going on. It wouldn't be the first time writers did something like that.

I thought on the last Talking Dead episode, the guy that created the books/show said that what the researcher said to Rick is going to come up down the line.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    oh wow..missed alot of good chat

i don't think the island thing would work...dawn of the dead tried that at the end
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

i don't think the island thing would work...dawn of the dead tried that at the end

i'll take my chances....but you have to be prepared to sweep the island of zombies before letting your guard down any. you can't just get of the boat and go great,....it's safe.

maybe a better option would be a cabin on in the mountains
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

i'll take my chances....but you have to be prepared to sweep the island of zombies before letting your guard down any. you can't just get of the boat and go great,....it's safe.

maybe a better option would be a cabin on in the mountains

it seems kinda quiet where the dr. and his crew is...middle of the woods...no food for the walkers.. ...

then again they don't have to much stuff in the house..

i guess you would need an island with some type of wildlife to live on ..which means i would be fucked
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    i guess you would need an island with some type of wildlife to live on ..which means i would be fucked

you would be a zombie before noon on hte first day. :lol:

islands are typically surrounded by water which means fishing. i hate fishing. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    does anyone really think this could happen in the future ? i mean really happen ?

personally,all joking aside...i think it could happen...like from a chemical spill or something

in this crazy fucked up world,i truly think its possible

everytime a special message goes across the bottom of my tv...(usually for weather) i always say "one of these days its gonna be a zombie warning "
  • Options
    81 wrote:

you would be a zombie before noon on hte first day. :lol:

islands are typically surrounded by water which means fishing. i hate fishing. :x

i don't eat fish neither...better learn to real quick
    i guess if its death or eating a squirrel ....
  • Options
    does anyone really think this could happen in the future ? i mean really happen ?

world wide suicide...

no...

can't happen....or maybe it could with some crazy chemical spill....but it would take a lot.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

personally,all joking aside...i think it could happen...like from a chemical spill or something

everytime a special message goes across the bottom of my tv...(usually for weather) i always say "one of these days its gonna be a zombie warning "

I probably sound crazy, but I thing "zombies" are completely plausable. It could be a naturally occuring disease or a man-made virus, but I think it could happen.
    fade away...

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I have no doubt in my mind it will NEVER happen.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options

I probably sound crazy, but I thing "zombies" are completely plausable. It could be a naturally occuring disease or a man-made virus, but I think it could happen.

agreed ..i totally think its possible...
  • Options
    i don't think zombies would live very long in the wild
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i don't think zombies would live very long in the wild

they don't get winded ..we do