Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Last Christmas , My mother in law bought us one from skymall. :D So we Have a zombie in the backyard! The next door neighboors keep planting a line of trees to they don't have to see it. My contractors would not work w/o putting a towel over it. :lol::lol: I named him Neville, about Richard Matheson's "I am Legend " character Robert.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    amc just renewed for a 3rd season 8-)8-)

not wasting any time
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

not wasting any time

will they be cutting the budget further?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

not wasting any time

Well, the Season 2 premiere smashed the ratings records for basic cable dramas, and had double the ratings of the NLCS. It was the second highest rated show on basic cable for the entire week, only being beaten by Monday Night Football. So I think they know to get on top of it now and not wait around.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887

not wasting any time

I think it is still killing it in ratings for the first two weeks. I hope it does not get hurt when it goes on break until February.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    oh...btw... for all ya'll breaking bad fans...

did anyone else notice the blue meth that merle's brother had in his bag of meds in the last episode???
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    oh...btw... for all ya'll breaking bad fans...

did anyone else notice the blue meth that merle's brother had in his bag of meds in the last episode???

man that was a great bag :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    intodeep wrote:
    I just need to be more invested in each character then i am now. I don't relate to many of them well.

They can definitely bring in new characters. They are going to have to.. and change some of the existing characters to make it interesting. We need some shocking deaths and new heroes.
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    So a few posts back, you guys mentioned the conversation about a potential cure _ the one Rick and the vet had. Which made me think back to the CDC scene, when Rick was talking with the doomed researcher Dr. Jessup. (Was that his name? Jessup, like the colonel in "A Few Good Men?')

Anyway, the researcher whispered into Rick's ear. For quite a while. And Rick's expression was somewhat unreadable.

What do you think he said?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    So a few posts back, you guys mentioned the conversation about a potential cure _ the one Rick and the vet had. Which made me think back to the CDC scene, when Rick was talking with the doomed researcher Dr. Jessup. (Was that his name? Jessup, like the colonel in "A Few Good Men?')

Anyway, the researcher whispered into Rick's ear. For quite a while. And Rick's expression was somewhat unreadable.

their was a cure but he was blowing it up?
  • Options

Who knows, there's been about a million theories from it being about a cure to it being the same thing Bill Murray whispered in "Lost In Translation". I don't know if it would be about a cure as some people say, because he was the guy supposedly working on a cure, and he had no luck, he had been cut off from the outside, and he was giving up. Some people thought that maybe he saw the little scene between Lori and Shane, and he basically told him his wife and Shane were involved. But I don't think that's it either, as Rick still seems oblivious to that.

Basically all we do know is what that Kirkman guy said on Talking Dead, which is that it changed Rick's behavior and made him "a little more cautious about things".
  • Options

Who knows, there's been about a million theories from it being about a cure to it being the same thing Bill Murray whispered in "Lost In Translation". I don't know if it would be about a cure as some people say, because he was the guy supposedly working on a cure, and he had no luck, he had been cut off from the outside, and he was giving up. Some people thought that maybe he saw the little scene between Lori and Shane, and he basically told him his wife and Shane were involved. But I don't think that's it either, as Rick still seems oblivious to that.

Basically all we do know is what that Kirkman guy said on Talking Dead, which is that it changed Rick's behavior and made him "a little more cautious about things".

see all the good stuff besides blowing heads off....this is addressed to everyone :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Hmmmm. I was thinking he said either, "There is hope, it hasn't reached (insert name of random island nation), if you get there you'll be safe." Or else "It's everywhere. This was our last hope of a cure. See ya."

I just watched the miniepisodes that tell the story of Hannah, the zombie who was basically just an upper torso. (The one Rick shot in the park during the pilot. Or maybe the second episode? Early on, anyway. I remember he said, "I'm sorry this happened to you" or something to that effect.")

I really like when they go back to that first day, and give us little glimpses of how it all unfolded.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    I don't know about saying it hadn't reached somewhere. I think if he had said anything that was hopeful, Rick would have told the others. Especially since he's intent on finding a "miracle" or anything to raise the groups spirits. If I had to guess Jenner told him something bad or scary, which is why Rick hasn't shared with the whole class.
  • Options
    I don't know about saying it hadn't reached somewhere. I think if he had said anything that was hopeful, Rick would have told the others. Especially since he's intent on finding a "miracle" or anything to raise the groups spirits. If I had to guess Jenner told him something bad or scary, which is why Rick hasn't shared with the whole class.

Like...

"The zombies are traveling in herds, and they're learning to move fast."

or...

"There is a safe haven. It's Yankee Stadium."

or...

"Santos just tweeted that there are 50 more PJ20 backpacks available in the Goods section, but they're sold out."
  • Options

Like...

"The zombies are traveling in herds, and they're learning to move fast."

or...

"There is a safe haven. It's Yankee Stadium."

or...

"Santos just tweeted that there are 50 more PJ20 backpacks available in the Goods section, but they're sold out."

Probably more along the lines of "Don't use the upstairs bathroom, I had Mexican food for lunch".
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    see all the good stuff besides blowing heads off....

no.

:lol:

i want to see them doing shit i would do.

including...getting massive quantities of large weapons

maybe a deer stand and a tree and a nice large caliber rifle with thousands of rounds...

or better yet, a nice multistory building stock piled with canned food and a large caliber rifle with thousands upon tousands of rounds.

i'm fuckin poopin motherfuckin zombies for hours on end.

you don't like that plan...fine

i'm getting myself a tank, driving into the city and popping zombies with the 50 cal gun as well as running htem fuckers over.

and when we get bored with that.....

we get some beer, a speedboat and head out on the lake for a day of r & r...

then we kill some more zombies.

and we won't be driving around an 89 wibebego with a busted radiator hose...nor will we be in a 79 jeep.

we be rollin in a 60ft motorhome, or at least a big rig with a 53ft trailer with a nascar set up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

and we won't be driving around an 89 wibebego with a busted radiator hose...

Seriously, they haven't had time to just stop at a dealer and at least get a new winnebego.. they have everything in the world to themselves.. Loot for gods sakes! :twisted:
  • Options
    Gob wrote:
    81 wrote:

Seriously, they haven't had time to just stop at a dealer and at least get a new winnebego.. they have everything in the world to themselves.. Loot for gods sakes! :twisted:

that's what i'm sayin..fuckin head to the west coasat...find a nice boat, and sail to hawaii....take your chances there. :lol:

fine, don't wanna cross the coast....you were in atlanta....it's a few hours to the atlantic....and trust me...they have boats as well....sail your ass down to key west and take your chances there.

i also wonder...can zombies handle the cold? will they freeze and stop moving? don't they become dehyrdrated in the summer with all the oozing?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Gob wrote:
    81 wrote:

that's what i'm sayin..fuckin head to the west coasat...find a nice boat, and sail to hawaii....take your chances there. :lol:

fine, don't wanna cross the coast....you were in atlanta....it's a few hours to the atlantic....and trust me...they have boats as well....sail your ass down to key west and take your chances there.

i also wonder...can zombies handle the cold? will they freeze and stop moving? don't they become dehyrdrated in the summer with all the oozing?
    To be fair, we don't know how much time has passed between the first and second season. Everything moved pretty quick for them during season one and zombies were everywhere..

If they don't get their shit together by the end of this season, I will agree with you.
  • Options
    What is the lifespan of a zombie? I know they are dead, but physically they have to have limits, right? Like if they don't feed, will they lose energy and die?

As long as the living keep surviving, I would think the zombies will eventually go away, right?
  • Options
    now this is my kind of zombie camper

mercedes-benz-unimog-expedition-camper.jpg

mercedes-benz-unimog-expedition-camper-1.jpg

Leave the urban sprawl behind and get away in the Mercedes-Benz Unimog Expedition Camper. An expedition camper based on the Mercedes-Benz Unimog, this go-anywhere vehicle is built on the Mercedes-Benz Unimog chassis, and its portal axles deliver excellent ground clearance and ensure constant road contact of all four wheels. There’s are plenty of interior features in this Mercedes-Benz camper too – you’ll find a bathroom behind the driver’s seat equipped with a cassette toilet, wash basin and shower and a 10-liter combined gas/electric boiler for hot water, as well as a corner kitchen with a two-burner gas stove, sink and drainer. Mercedes-Benz.

Via Born Rich

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    now this is my kind of zombie camper

mercedes-benz-unimog-expedition-camper.jpg

mercedes-benz-unimog-expedition-camper-1.jpg

Leave the urban sprawl behind and get away in the Mercedes-Benz Unimog Expedition Camper. An expedition camper based on the Mercedes-Benz Unimog, this go-anywhere vehicle is built on the Mercedes-Benz Unimog chassis, and its portal axles deliver excellent ground clearance and ensure constant road contact of all four wheels. There’s are plenty of interior features in this Mercedes-Benz camper too – you’ll find a bathroom behind the driver’s seat equipped with a cassette toilet, wash basin and shower and a 10-liter combined gas/electric boiler for hot water, as well as a corner kitchen with a two-burner gas stove, sink and drainer. Mercedes-Benz.

Via Born Rich

That's fine and dandy, but you won't get very far in that gas guzzler. The problem with that is the same problem with a tank, it's big an fortified, but when it runs out of gas it just became a miniature prison.
  • Options
    That's fine and dandy, but you won't get very far in that gas guzzler. The problem with that is the same problem with a tank, it's big an fortified, but when it runs out of gas it just became a miniature prison.

from what i can see...

4.2L diesel with a 38 gallon tank.

even if you assume only 5 mpg (i would guess closer to 10), that still close to a 200 mile range.

i'd ventrue to say, you would run across a abondonded semi or two for the fuel needed to get to key west

a better arguement would be where the hell do you find one in atlanta. :lol: in that case...i'd pick up a humer :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    anyways....while you guys and gals pussyfoot around and worry about the world, i'll be heading to the beach
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Screw Key West. Let's go to Bill Murray's house. He's got a movie theater in his house and he'll let us chill

article-1321570-0BACD360000005DC-940_468x383.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Screw Key West. Let's go to Bill Murray's house. He's got a movie theater in his house and he'll let us chill

that was some funny shit.....

but just to be on the record...you didn't see woody driving in a beat up camper...he was rolling in style in a BIG suv before switching to a BIG hummer ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

that was some funny shit.....

Maybe the best movie cameo ever.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I'm thinking, if this epidemic broke out in the U.S. would the zombies have already made it to other continents? Where's the communication with the rest of the world!