Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Gob wrote:
    I've been thinking he was a psychopath, barely hiding it.

But wow, I was NOT expecting that.

Oh, poor Otis. Poor chubby, well-intended Otis...
    :(
    He had to do it. I don't blame him. It was the unfortunate, but right move. Without it, three people would be dead instead of one.

The fact of the matter is that prior to that (a lot happened in between, including a commercial break so many may have forgot) Shane told Otis to take the bags and leave him behind. Otis said "I'm not leaving you behind", and at that moment Shane got mad, and punched the ground yelling "Shit". I think Shane realized, at that moment, that Otis was forcing his hand. They weren't both going to make it, and Shane was going to have to make the hard decision because Otis wouldn't leave Shane behind. The reason Shane looks so nuts is because this whole thing rattled him, because deep down I think he's a decent guy. He just had to do a fucked up thing in order to save a kids life, because the other dude wouldn't do what HAD to be done.

As Gob said, if Shane hadn't done it, 3 people would be dead instead of 1.

we don't know that. how far was the truck?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    Gob wrote:
    I've been thinking he was a psychopath, barely hiding it.

But wow, I was NOT expecting that.

Oh, poor Otis. Poor chubby, well-intended Otis...
    :(
    He had to do it. I don't blame him. It was the unfortunate, but right move. Without it, three people would be dead instead of one.

The fact of the matter is that prior to that (a lot happened in between, including a commercial break so many may have forgot) Shane told Otis to take the bags and leave him behind. Otis said "I'm not leaving you behind", and at that moment Shane got mad, and punched the ground yelling "Shit". I think Shane realized, at that moment, that Otis was forcing his hand. They weren't both going to make it, and Shane was going to have to make the hard decision because Otis wouldn't leave Shane behind. The reason Shane looks so nuts is because this whole thing rattled him, because deep down I think he's a decent guy. He just had to do a fucked up thing in order to save a kids life, because the other dude wouldn't do what HAD to be done.

Good point.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    That ending was :o:o:o:o:o
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Gob wrote:

Good point.

I agree with this point _ but my God, why not shoot him in a more merciful location, like right between the eyes, rather than in the leg? The zombies would have gotten him either way, but at least he would have been spared having them fall on him. And that face eating scene... well, I think I'll be ordering my spaghetti with white clam sauce instead of red.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i don't believe you shoot anyone unless it's 100% to late for them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

But Shane knew they weren't both to make it, right? So why not say "I'm sorry" (which was a nice touch) then just BLAM right between the eyes?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    81 wrote:

But Shane knew they weren't both to make it, right? So why not say "I'm sorry" (which was a nice touch) then just BLAM right between the eyes?

i don't know about not knowing they both wouldn't make it....

and while we are at it...if the school was only 5 miles away...why not take a couple extra minutes, head up to the highway and get some back up...

if not the back up...why not hit the highway and grab a second car (truck) to run over zombies with...or at least grab one of the box trucks...per a person in the cab, and one in the back to back up to a window so that you aren't exposing yourself to zombies....

and why didn't otis have more fire power....a single bolt action rifle....please....

first thing i'm doing when the zombies come, is heading over to teh gun store.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Someone elsewhere said the zombies might ignore him if he wasn't flopping around on the ground moving as the reason why he did not just cap him in the face.

I don't know if i buy that i'm just passing it on
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    intodeep wrote:
    Someone elsewhere said the zombies might ignore him if he wasn't flopping around on the ground moving as the reason why he did not just cap him in the face.

I don't know if i buy that i'm just passing it on

i thought the same thing..keep him flopping around :)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Harsh.

It was a really stupid plan to begin with.

Zombie bait. Yet one more incentive to get me out of bed & to the gym in the morning,
  • Options
    yeah, after thinking about it today, Shane had no choice. there was no way they were going to make it with fatso in tow, so Shane did what he had to do to save the most lives.

life's a bitch. :D
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    81 wrote:

Walking-Dead-Shane-Carl-1318871102.jpg
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    Has anyone watched the "minisodes" that tell the story of the torso-only Zombie that Rick shot in either the pilot, or the second episode?

They're kind of a pain in the ass to navigate between, but worth watching:

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking- ... e/season_2

She's my favorite zombie. I thought she was so sad when I was watching the pilot. I mean, no lower half at all. That's rough.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,573
    So Now You're a Zombie: A Handbook for the Newly Undead

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HH ... _3&s=books
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:

Years ago we bought a "zombie survival guide." It was interesting and I believe that is the title of it. Also, thanks to Unlost for suggesting the mini episodes, I will be sure to check them out.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:

Years ago we bought a "zombie survival guide." It was interesting and I believe that is the title of it. Also, thanks to Unlost for suggesting the mini episodes, I will be sure to check them out.

Do you mean "The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection From The Living Dead" by Max Brooks (son of Mel Brooks)? That book is great. They're going to make a movie based on it, though I'm not sure how that will work as it is a mock survival guide. They are also going to make one of his other books "World War Z: And Oral History Of The Zombie War" into a movie with Brad Pitt set to star in it.
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:

Do you mean "The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection From The Living Dead" by Max Brooks (son of Mel Brooks)? That book is great. They're going to make a movie based on it, though I'm not sure how that will work as it is a mock survival guide. They are also going to make one of his other books "World War Z: And Oral History Of The Zombie War" into a movie with Brad Pitt set to star in it.

Yep, that would be the one. It was great. :)
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    Has anyone watched the "minisodes" that tell the story of the torso-only Zombie that Rick shot in either the pilot, or the second episode?

They're kind of a pain in the ass to navigate between, but worth watching:

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking- ... e/season_2

She's my favorite zombie. I thought she was so sad when I was watching the pilot. I mean, no lower half at all. That's rough.

I'd rather crawl around legless than be hanging from a tree by your neck in the woods with your flesh eaten off. But that's just me.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    anyone wonder if the title of the show refers to the zombies, or is it possible that it's more of a reference to the survivors? kinda like "dead man walking" as he's being led to the electric chair?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    anyone wonder if the title of the show refers to the zombies, or is it possible that it's more of a reference to the survivors? kinda like "dead man walking" as he's being led to the electric chair?

I've been thinking about that lately and I think it can be said about both...
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    hmnn..have to dvr it until the rangers game ends

tough wait

super stoked though
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    this show has totally got me sucked in.

just started watching this season and after 3 episodes, the bug has me!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,303
    i missed the first half hour. For some stupid reason thought it started at 10 :x I'll blame daylight savings though :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    i missed the first half hour. For some stupid reason thought it started at 10 :x I'll blame daylight savings though :lol:

:lol:

i did the same.
  • Options
    i like the new chick.... :shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Atta boy Glenn!

Glenn.jpg
  • Options
    Atta boy Glenn!

Glenn.jpg

:lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    atta boy Glenn!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I really didn't understand the whole long scene about getting the zombie out of the well. They've basically said the same thing on Talking Dead, but I was thinking it at the time, did they really plan on drinking water out of that well that a zombie has been floating in long enough to get that bloated? As they said, even if it wasn't a zombie apocalypse, would you drink out of a well that just had a corpse floating in it? Seemed to me like the whole thing was just an excuse for a tense scene dangling Glenn in the well, then in the end it was all for nothing because the disgusting bastard split in two and his bottom half fell in.
  • Options
    I really didn't understand the whole long scene about getting the zombie out of the well. They've basically said the same thing on Talking Dead, but I was thinking it at the time, did they really plan on drinking water out of that well that a zombie has been floating in long enough to get that bloated? As they said, even if it wasn't a zombie apocalypse, would you drink out of a well that just had a corpse floating in it? Seemed to me like the whole thing was just an excuse for a tense scene dangling Glenn in the well, then in the end it was all for nothing because the disgusting bastard split in two and his bottom half fell in.

correct. no, I wouldn't. they also mentioned they had 5 wells on the property, so why so worried about this ONE?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014