Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    81 wrote:
    Gob wrote:
    I'm liking season 2. Good stuff so far.

81, they are going to need to focus on the living. It's about survival, not the zombies. The zombies will get old. They are just another opstical in this post-apocolptic world, but I'm sure there will be plenty of more time for zombie killing.

zombie battles never get old. one dead zombie tonight is not near enough. it's time to throw down.

if the entire cast was killed off over the course of a month...i'd be cool with that...just have em run into new poeple every few episodes....

it's zomibes....walking dead....not drawn out drama. i didn't sign up for a drama show, i want an action/adventure show. pick up the pace
    I think the producers want to keep it as real as possible, but yeah, shocking cast deaths are always good. Carl either needs to die, or come back and kill a 100 zombies.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Gob wrote:
    I'm liking season 2. Good stuff so far.

81, they are going to need to focus on the living. It's about survival, not the zombies. The zombies will get old. They are just another opstical in this post-apocolptic world, but I'm sure there will be plenty of more time for zombie killing.

zombie battles never get old. one dead zombie tonight is not near enough. it's time to throw down.

if the entire cast was killed off over the course of a month...i'd be cool with that...just have em run into new poeple every few episodes....

it's zomibes....walking dead....not drawn out drama. i didn't sign up for a drama show, i want an action/adventure show. pick up the pace

this show was never about the zombies themselves. it's what the zombies and the disease has done to the survivors, and how they are going to continue to survive.

the zombies represent something bigger than just mindless gore. that's what I like about this show.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Well tonight on Talking Dead the creator said the human and zombie kill count is going to skyrocket this season, so that's good for zombie lovers and bad for everybody wanting to watch All My Children with zombies.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I like human drama as much as anyone..I watch a lot of slower drama shows...but tonight's episode was boring...and something seemed off with the zombie "acting" tonight..the one going after Andrea actually made me laugh.

I also realized I don't like or care about most of the characters...and the acting overall seemed off for several of the characters. Maybe its all in my head since i've been following the drama of AMC wanting to cut the budget, show less zombies, and shoot mostly indoors, but I'm starting to get concerned..
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    I didn't like Shane and the Fat Man's plan to get to the medical trailer. Instead of throwing a few flares about 20 feet away from the trailer, why not set off a bigger diversion further away from the trailer, and get them all further away?

Shane was in a rough spot, after watching the fat guy huffing trying to get back to the house, he is not the one I would want with me heading into a place packed with zombies. I thought we learned that lesson at the begining of Zombieland. :lol:

You would think they would have saved some flares to use as a distraction for when they had to get out of the trailer.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Well tonight on Talking Dead the creator said the human and zombie kill count is going to skyrocket this season, so that's good for zombie lovers and bad for everybody wanting to watch All My Children with zombies.

that's what i'm talking about.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    There's not NEARLY as many Zombie killing as there should be. there should be kill scenes left and right., still good though.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    There's not NEARLY as many Zombie killing as there should be.

exactly
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

exactly

I think there are going to be some kills next week with Shane and the fat man stuck in that school.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

exactly

I think there are going to be some kills next week with Shane and the fat man stuck in that school.

agreed.

i remember them talking filming in the gym....should be fun.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    the scene when the dr. was taking the fragments out was sickening
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    the scene when the dr. was taking the fragments out was sickening

meh

1 down 5 to go.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    watched my first episode last night. also, first caught the last 10 minutes of the season finale of 1, which was a great transition into the 2nd season for me.

after seeing just one episode, i agree with 81, more zombie killing! you can find the blend of killing & drama to keep both sides of the desire fulfilled. the girl coming out of nowhere on a horse like robin hood smashing that one zombie with a bat was pretty funny. borderline absurd.

i did like how the two guys distracted and snuck into that medical truck to get supplies. it seems the realism is there in this series. in a hollywood movie, those two guys would probably have light up the entire parking lot with automatic weapons while supporting a great looking haircut.

definitly held my interest and i am excited to see what happens next week!
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    in a hollywood movie, those two guys would probably have light up the entire parking lot with automatic weapons while supporting a great looking haircut.

that would have been cool with me. :lol:

sounds like the zombie movie from grindhouse.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    in a hollywood movie, those two guys would probably have light up the entire parking lot with automatic weapons while supporting a great looking haircut.

are you a fan of 28 days later & 28 weeks later?

28 days later scared the living shit out of me the first time i saw it. one of my favorite horror movies of all time, 28 weeks later i thought was so-so, but i like how the story continues. appartently they are going to make a third & final installment.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

are you a fan of 28 days later & 28 weeks later?

28 days later scared the living shit out of me the first time i saw it. one of my favorite horror movies of all time, 28 weeks later i thought was so-so, but i like how the story continues. appartently they are going to make a third & final installment.

i get them all confused...but yeah, i dig em.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

i remember them talking filming in the gym....should be fun.

Yeah, they showed a bit of that at the end of the episode for the scenes from next week. Shane and Tubby were in a gym standing at the top of some collapsible bleachers (so essentially standing on a ledge 8-9 feet up) with a shitload of zombies in the gym and Shane was firing off his shotgun.
  • Options
    since "...and all things zombie"

currently viewing:

Peter Jackson's "Dead Alive" AKA "Braindead"

any thoughts on this one? This one is just zombie fun. Kung Fu Preist ("I kick ass for the LORD!"), Lawnmower action at the end :thumbup:
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options

currently viewing:

any thoughts on this one? This one is just zombie fun. Kung Fu Preist ("I kick ass for the LORD!"), Lawnmower action at the end :thumbup:

actually never heard of it...will keep my eyes out for it
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

currently viewing:

actually never heard of it...will keep my eyes out for it

its very campy and mostly silly... but really REALLY sick and gorey. one of peter jackson's first movies. The idea of the taking out massive amts of zombies with the lawnmower in dead rising (vid game) comes directly from the end of this movie
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Not sure if anyone else brought this up about the whole deer / Carl shooting but how / why the hell did tubby "shoot" a deer with a gun when there are walkers around? Why wasn't he using a bow and arrow or a crossbow?
  • Options

there's a difference between watching a good drama and wanting to watch a soap opera. I dig tv death scenes, but if that's all it's going to be moving forward, I'll probably move on.

I get enough mindless garbage at my job. :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

there's a difference between watching a good drama and wanting to watch a soap opera. I dig tv death scenes, but if that's all it's going to be moving forward, I'll probably move on.

Well, they just have to keep the balance. Because on the opposite side of the coin is a show that gets so caught up in all the drama and personal relationships that it might as well not be taking place in the zombie apocalypse. There are lots of dramas on TV, but only one zombie apocalypse show, so I think they need to be careful not to neglect that aspect of the show.
  • Options

Well, they just have to keep the balance. Because on the opposite side of the coin is a show that gets so caught up in all the drama and personal relationships that it might as well not be taking place in the zombie apocalypse. There are lots of dramas on TV, but only one zombie apocalypse show, so I think they need to be careful not to neglect that aspect of the show.

exactly.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I just need to be more invested in each character then i am now. I don't relate to many of them well. Like others have said you can't have a show just about killing zombies and have it an all out action event. That won't last on TV. For most people it gets old.

the draw is the psychology of those left alive. I like the conversation between Cop and Doctor (or VEt) about the cure or lack there of.

Its doing a pretty good job at this point hopefully they will continue.

I have not watched the talking dead yet. Is it any good? Felicia Day is going to be on it next week so I know i'll tune in for that.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    I just need to be more invested in each character then i am now. I don't relate to many of them well. Like others have said you can't have a show just about killing zombies and have it an all out action event. That won't last on TV. For most people it gets old.

the draw is the psychology of those left alive. I like the conversation between Cop and Doctor (or VEt) about the cure or lack there of.

I have not watched the talking dead yet. Is it any good? Felicia Day is going to be on it next week so I know i'll tune in for that.

the dr. was pretty good ...imo

it's all about finding that balance between the two ( action/gore)
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:

The show is a little annoying (the host), but they had the guy who wrote the books on the last two weeks, and it was interesting to hear what he has to say. And he did say there is some killing comming up soon.
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:

I don't know, I'll probably keep watching it just to get some questions answered, and see some behind the scenes stuff, but something about the show kind of irks me. It's like... you know those infomercials that pretend to be a talk show? And the guy is like "thanks for having me on your 'show' " and all that. I kind of get that vibe off Talking Dead sometimes. It's clearly meant to hype the show and entice people to watch the next one, and AMC put this thing together but the creator (who will apparently be on every episode either in person or via Satellite) is like "thanks for having me on". And there's something that's just so awkward about the whole thing.
  • Options
    Oh by the way, I just found this, and I don't know if it's been brought up, but there is a Walking Dead video game in the works...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33719
    http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead
  • Options
    Oh by the way, I just found this, and I don't know if it's been brought up, but there is a Walking Dead video game in the works...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33719
    http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead

will it be a bunch of standing around
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg